Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus ES 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jano2jano2 Member Posts: 141
    Yea...good for you! I did not meet him (TA) in person, but my dealings over the phone (and internet) made me believe he was trustworthy. I told him that one day I would show up and introduce myself.
    I have a question about your body side moldings. Did the dealership have them in stock? I was supposed to get the moldings, but there was a problem with them and Lexus was fixing the problem so they were back ordered. TA said I get get an IOU, but since I don't live in the DFW area I declined and we took them off the contract price. I read somewhere else the body moldings should be back in stock around 9/1.
  • scottinmemscottinmem Member Posts: 9
    Jano,

No, I do not have the body molding. I copied what I thought was the identical package from another post. I should have been more careful. Here is what I got (sorry - text wraped some when I pasted):

Retail TotalVehicle Base Model ..........................:$ 33470.00
    Rear Seat Side Airbags ..................... 250.00
    Bluetooth Audio Includes: .................. 300.00
    Voice-Activated Wireless Bluetooth Hands-FreeSystem .....................................
    Full Size Spare Tire ....................... 205.00
    Power Rear Sunshade ........................ 210.00
    Premium Plus Package Includes: ............. 2480.00
    Perforated Leather Trim Interior with MemoryDriver''s & Front Passenger Seats, Outside MirPower Tilt/Telescoping Steering Wheel, HeatedVentilated Front Seats, Driver''s Power CushioExtender, Rain-Sensing Wipers ..............
    Wood & Leather Steering Wheel .............. 330.00
    Preferred Accessory Package: ..........
    197.00 --------- ---------Total Accessories ...........................: $ 3972.00 $ 3972.00Destination Charge ..........................: $ 765.00 ---------Total .......................................: $ 38207.00
  • chreesechreese Member Posts: 4
    I just wanted to say this forum was very helpful in getting a great price. I checked w/ two auto brokers and 5 dealers for pricing (phone) and it was amazing how the dealer I finally used was able to get us such a great price. I think it really helps to know exactly what you want, and to understand the true dealer cost which is sometimes below invoice.

We bought a 2007 ES350 MSRP $41,872.00 for $35,850.00 before tax and license.

This car came with:
    Premium Plus Package w/ Navigation.

It was the last 2007 they had and a few days before end of the month. Lexus of Stevens Creek , San Jose, CA. The Internet salesperson was very helpful. I was a little bit suspicious at first since he wouldn't quote in writing but only on the phone. When we went there, everything was legit. He even stayed late to help us.
  • scottinmemscottinmem Member Posts: 9
    wow - that sounds like an awesome deal - congratulations.
    That is a super great price!!! I paid $37,350 for probably the same options you got. Congratulations!
  • bing1bing1 Member Posts: 2
    Just bought 2007 ES350 from prestige NJ, they are excellent to deal with, whole negotiation only took 20 mins.

BTW, I paid $33500 for 2007 ES350 MSRP $38252.
  • z1roadsterz1roadster Member Posts: 6
    Got the exact same deal along with the all weather mats thrown in. Excellent excellent internet sales manager !!!! I've checked with Crown, Glendale, and Longo. They laughed when I told them someone is willing to sell this at invoice. This guy is very sincere and upfront, no gimmicks or run arounds. $37,500 for 2008 Premium + with Nav. If anyone needs the name just message me and mention my name, I'm sure he will be more than happy to duplicate the deal. Love the forum guys !!!!
  • mac1lsr1mac1lsr1 Member Posts: 20
    Holy Crap! They're giving them away! You got what must be the best deal on this forum for an '07 Premium Plus w/ Nav. Wish I got such a deal. I paid 37,300 this week on an MSRP of 41,662. At least I didn't have what I consider bogus fees added to the buyers contract at the time of signing the paperwork (such as advertising fees). So I'm happy with that.
  • 4barbara4barbara Member Posts: 46
    Which dealership?
    We got ours from Oxnard.
    Shabnam, Tom & Joe...internet dept.

After about a week with our car I realize that maybe the Mark Levinson system was the way to go. Lexus went cheap on the regular sound package. Our ES 300 had a better sound system.
  • mrtrancemrtrance Member Posts: 190
    What kind of pricing were they giving you at Crown, Glendale, Longo?? Which dealership did you buy yours from?
  • tmahmoodiltmahmoodil Member Posts: 7
    Can you email me dealer and contact info. My email address is tmahmoodil@gmail.com

Thanks,

Tariq
  • qhuy00qhuy00 Member Posts: 21
    I'm in the DFW area and have made an appt with one of the dealers to talk price. What's a fair price for an 07 model with premium package? It seems like 34500 was a fair deal a week or so ago. SHould I go for lower since it's later in the game or is 34.5 still a fair price? I don't want to steal the car, just want a fair price comparatively to others on here. Any help would be appreciated.
    I recommend you talk or email the internet manager TA at Park Place Lexus in Plano if you are not already talking to him. I think just a few posts back someone paid 34,475 on Sept. 4 and dealt with him. I also bought my car from him and have nothing but good things to say about him. Tell him someone from College Station recommended you talk to him. (I also know Pumpkin on this forum recommends him) Good luck and tell us the outcome.
    Thanks Jano, I did receive an email from Park Place in Plano but I don't think it was from TA. I sent them some info and have not heard anything from them for about a week now so I'm talking to the Grapevine location. Seems like they have about 10 in stock and I think 34.4 will be what I'm aiming for. We'll see how it goes... :confuse:
  • z1roadsterz1roadster Member Posts: 6
    They all quoted me around $1,300 - $1,500 more than Newport Lexus and this is after many many "I will check with someone and get back to you" ordeals. There wasn't any negotiation with the internet manager at Newport, he just went ahead and quoted me that price right off the bat...boom !!! just like that. I was sold then and there on the spot :)
    Check with Oxnard's internet dept....Shabnam, she's great. Tell her that Mark from Valencia sent you.
  • johnymackjohnymack Member Posts: 18
    Hi qhuy00,

E-mail me at jm_proe@yahoo.com for the sales guy I went through at Sewell in Dallas. You can get the same price at both Sewell and Park Place but Sewell will include Window tint, Hand painted pin stripes and All weather floor mats. Park Place does not offer these for the same price. Another guy here on this board (called Zhan) went through the same sales guy I did and paid $34,400.00 (they did not have “All-weather mats” in stock so they deducted $100).

Anyway below is what I posted a few weeks ago.

Good Luck, John

P.S. as soon as Park Place Plano found out I had talked with Park Place Grapevine they would not talk with me anymore. Which was fine with me because TA would never give me a price over the phone or e-mail. He kept asking me to come in, he was also very hard to get a hold of, that led me to believe that he was not hungry enough for my business.

Price I paid for ES 350 Lexus in Dallas

Bought on 07-28-2007

I paid $34,500.00 for my ES 350 at Sewell Lexus Dallas. The only thing it did not have is Navigation, High Intensity Headlamps, Mark Levinson Audio, Park Assist, Panoramic Sun Roof and Chrome Wheels.

Sewell wanted $1,700 for Chrome wheels; I got the same wheels for $750 shipped to my door from L.A. Wheel and Tire.

My experience with Sewell was absolutely wonderful; I did all my negotiating by e-mail with both Park Place Lexus Grapevine and Sewell Lexus of Dallas. Park Place also offered me the same price of $34,500.00 but did not include Window tint, Hand painted pin stripes and All weather floor mats. Park Place did include the plastic stone chip hood protector though, Sewell did not.

E-mail me if you want the sales managers name, he was fantastic, it only took one hour to sign all paper work and purchase the car. My interest rate with Lexus was 5.99%.

Things I don’t like about the car so far: Engineer who designed interior lights should be fired (Cannot see a thing, very dim), driver side Ventilated front seat works better than passenger side, ceiling is a little low, not much head room (I am only 5’-10”). Other than that I love the car, my previous car was a 2000 E320 Mercedes.

Package I – “Premium” - $38,157
    - Premium leather trim interior with real wood accents
    - Heated and Ventilated front seats
    - Driver memory: Seat, Steering Wheel, Outside Mirrors
    - Power Tilt and Telescoping Steering Wheel
    - Bluetooth Compatibility
    - 6 Disc, Single feed in dash CD player in the console
    - Rain-sensing Wipers
    - Driver Seat Extender
    - Carpet Cargo Mat
    - Wheel Locks
    - Power Rear Sun Shade
    - Body Side Moldings
    - Smart Key

They also threw in the following:
    - Window Tint
    - Rear Spoiler
    - Hand Painted Pin Stripes
    - All Weather Floor Mats

Total list price of car was $39,100.00……….I only paid $34,500.00.

Sale Price - $34,500.00
    Sales Tax - $2,156.25
    Dealer's Inv. Tax - $80.07
    Documentary Fee - $50.00
    Deputy Fee - $5.00
    License, Trans, Title - $103.80
    Inspection - $23.75
    Sub-Total - $36,918.87

Good Luck, John
    E-mail – jm_proe@yahoo.com

P.S. I followed this web-sight in buying a car and it absolutely works: How to save money buying a new car in 5 quick steps.
    http://www.carbuyingtips.com/buyingnewcar.htm
    The key is to get an internet quote from the Dealer through Kelly Blue book or Nada.com, this will cut out the middle man (the salesman) and you will save by not paying commission to the salesman. Internet price will always be far less than walking through the door and getting a price.
    I am surprised you have not heard from them. His day off is Wednesday. (The Grapevine and Plano locations are connected - I guess same owner- When I called the main tele # the operator asked me if I wanted Plano or Grapevine IF I am remembering correctly). Good luck whichever way you go!
    Hi John,

I did not know you had that experience w/ TA.! Hmm...sorry. I know the dealerships (Plano and Grapevine) are connected so they probably don't step on each other's toes.

jano2
    Hi Jano2,

I actually wanted to buy from Plano because they are closer to my house. So I figured I would go to Grapevine to do all my drive testing to figure out which model I wanted. Then I went to Plano to do my negotiating through via e-mail but as soon as TA saw my name in the computer system at Grapevine he did not want to deal with me. At the time I did not know they were connected.

After Sewell said that they would pick my car up and drop off a loaner for the first 50k miles it didn’t mater who I bought from.

What I liked about Sewell is they didn’t mess around; the first e-mail I received had a price of $34,898. I went back and forth with TA a couple of times and never once got a price.

John
    John,

You got a good deal and are happy and that is the bottom line :) !

What do you mean Sewell said they would pick up your car and drop off a loaner? I am just curious.

jano2
    All three dealers told me that when I need the oil changed or anything done to the car for the first 50k miles they will come to my home/office and drop off a loaner and take my car. I was surprised Sewell will do this because I am a good 30 min drive with out traffic from them.

My neighbor has two Lexus cars and they come to his house every time he needs an oil change, he said it’s the greatest service.

I went there last week to have my new plates put on, they also washed it and I was out the door in 30 min.

They will hand wash your car anytime. If I lived next to the dealer I would be there every Sat morning to have my car washed.
    John

P.S. The real kicker is that you do not have to replace the gas in the loaner.
  • fastcavettefastcavette Member Posts: 9
    I am looking for a Black exterior / Light Gray interior combination.

Although this is a possible combination in the ES350 catalog (both 2007 and 2008), local dealers here in Northern California are telling me the ES350 is only available as Black/Cashmere (tan) or Black/Black combinations for the Western United States. Anyone else experience this situation?

P.S. I recall a member here from Texas who recently purchased a 2007 ES350 Black/Light Gray combination.
  • fastcavettefastcavette Member Posts: 9
    Does the bluetooth option automatically "give" you the 6-CD option as well?

It's not altogether clear according to the Lexus website or the brochure...
    They're lying. I went to Glendale and asked for black on black and the dude said its doesn't come that way.
    We went to Oxnard....they had it on the lot.
    Call up Shabnam Riz at Oxnard....they have it on the lot.
    Tell them Mark from Valencia told you to call.
    Call info....805 area code.
    Just visited with Park Place Grapevine, agreed on an 07 ES350 with premium plus pkg for 34.2 pretax(I think 36.5 OTD). Just wanted to thank this forum for its help :) .
  • stevegotexstevegotex Member Posts: 2
    Got the following deal at Sewell Lexus in Dallas:

Sticker: $42122
    Sales Price: $38000

Options:

Rear Side Airbags
    Fill Size Spare with Alloy Wheel
    HID Headlamps with Adaptive
    Power Rear Sunshade
    Navigation:
    Voice Activated DVD Navigation
    Rear Camera
    Bluetooth
    Intuitive Parking Assist
    Premium Package
    Perf Leather
    Memory on both front seats, and outside mirrors,
    and tilt sterring wheel
    Heated / Ventilated Front Seats
    Driver side cushion extender
    Rain sensing wipers
    Wood and leather steering wheel
    Preferred accessory package
    Trunk Mat
    Cargo Net
    Wheel Locks

This is pretty much how all the systems with Nav are set up, at least in this area.

I had given up on getting a decent price on a 2008, so I started searching for used cars. I found a 2007 with Nav listed on AutoTrader by Sewell. I called and got a salesman. He said that car was sold. I asked him to look for any cars with Nav in either Smoky Granite or Black Sapphire. An hour or so later he emailed me back with the above 2008, and quoted $38422 selling price. I was a little stunned, since nobody was discounting 2008s here, including Sewell. I called him back and he verified that this was the offer on the '08. I managed to overcome my surprise, and asked him if he could move any further down on the price. He said he thought he could get $38000 even approved. Would I take the deal at $38000? I said if you can get that at $38000, I will immediately come down and buy the car. He called back 10 minutes later, dropping the other shoe. He told me that the sales manager had "by mistake" quoted the car thinking it was a 2007, and they are not offering that kind of deal on 2008s. However... since they already made the offer (by email) they would honor it. Which they did.

Sewell is a class operation, so I tend to believe this story. They told me there was no profit in the deal, but they felt honor bound to go through with it. I felt honor bound to accept it. Personally, I think there was a little bit of hold-back left, but I cannot verify that right now. All in all it seemed like a very sweet deal considering the newness of the model.

The care is amazing. I highly recommend the Nav option. I think it will be worth it to us.

Later I had a dealer in Austin tell me that $38000 was definitely a great deal for me, and not very profitable for the dealer.
    Yes I bought black exterior, and light gray interior. That did not seem to be a problem. It came off the boat in Long Beach so I don't know why CA dealers cannot get it unless they are sold out.
    Glad you got a good deal! This forum is very helpful.
  • mojo1078mojo1078 Member Posts: 5
    I visited Johnson lexus in Raleigh NC and looked at a ES350 2007 with 18,500 mi. The purchase price was $33,000 I got it down to $30,452.00 with 5 free oil changes and 1 compound detailed.
  • sam827sam827 Member Posts: 3
    The Lexus dealer in Northern California is correct.

The 2007 and 2008 ES 350 is only available in Black Interiors LA25 or Cashmere LA05.

The allocation scheduling for the Lexus Western Area for August and September shows a Total of 203 ES350 made out of the 203 ES Made 95 will be 212 Black Obsidian with LA05 Cashmere and 108 212 Black –Obsidian with LA25 Black Interior.
    The INVOICE price is lower than that.
    With 18k on it I'd expect you should get it UNDER $30 OTD
  • flannel1flannel1 Member Posts: 2
    Looking for a reasonable price with the following options

PT - premium plus package
    PA - parking assist
    DC - bluetooth
    FS - full size spare

Would like to get OTD of 33K or less. Anyone know of any deals out there? Thanks and GOD bless
  • sam112233sam112233 Member Posts: 31
    Seems you got a good deal. Does it come with Navigation? Please reply. Thanks. :shades:
    No, it did not have Nav on it. I already have a portable nav unit which is hooked up to the car now. The car was equipped with the premium plus package, rain sensing wipers, rear sunshade, blue tooth audio, 17" alloy spare, wheel locks, and I think that's everything. I threw out a number and they agreed, maybe I overpaid but from this forum, it seems like I got a fair deal.
  • shaliloglushaliloglu Member Posts: 36
    Hello all,
    I am looking at a 2007 ES350 with premium package - MSRP is 37,050 and delaer says they can sell for $33,000 plus taxes, prep etc. Is this a good price.? I though I would do better given that it is a 2007 (new).
    Any advice would be appreciated. thanks
    and another thing, only one dealer in town so I know I can only bargain so much. Are there any on-line places that sell these cars directly to consumers.? like carsdirect.com
    I checked and they did not offer it in my area. (North Carolina)thanks a lot
  • terrypm1terrypm1 Member Posts: 79
    A $4000.00 discount is good. Dealer by me only wants to give a $2000.00 discount.
    on the 2008's or 2007s.? I am thinking maybe I should wait and buy an 08. thoughts on that.?
    and where are u.?thanks
    That is probably a good price. Did you do the True Market Value (TMV) on Edmunds. I think the base price with NO options is about $29,700. I don't know with premium package.

What kind of deal will they give you on an '08? If it is close I would go with the '08 but I would do my homework and find out invoice prices etc...
    The 2007 ES350 with premium pack with a MSRP of $37k -$33k is a good price on the ES350.

I would sell you that for $33k--Lexus has $500 Customer cash going through 10/01/2007-so the best price that you may get would be $32,500.00 + Tax but that would be pushing it.
    The 2007 ES350 with premium pack with a MSRP of $37k -$33k is a good price on the ES350 I would sell you that for $33k--Lexus has $500 Customer cash going through 10/01/2007-so the best price that you may get would be $32,500.00 but that would be pushing it.
    Lexus website says a $1K cash rebate not $500 so maybe I can push for $32K + taxes etc.
    Of all the cars out there my dear w chooses a make/model where I can not deal.
    I love to nego with the dealers, it is FUN....
    Invoice is UNDER $30k so you should push for $32k OTD
    if you're not adding any options.
    hey Sam827,

I take it you are a Lexus salesman. Right? Do you want to disclose what city and state you are from? Just curious. You might can pick up some customers on this forum...
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175
    Actually, he can't do that without violating our rules against soliciting.

I believe he was just giving his opinion on that member's pricing.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• flannel1flannel1 Member Posts: 2
    Since the 2008 ES 350 did not change, base price just increased, not sure if options increased also; would you suggest going with a 2008 versus a 2007, if so why?
  • bluto1bluto1 Member Posts: 2
    Have an opportunity to buy an '07 ES 350 w/3k miles for $39k.

It's got the Ultra Package, and every option. Just wondering if that price sounds good enough to pass up an '08. The guy bought it just 3 months ago, and needs an SUV instead.
  • espo1espo1 Member Posts: 27
    That might be a good deal if that car was off a show room floor. That a good 5k off MSRP. But that car is now a used car its lost value in depreciation. I would go to Edmunds and price it as a used car and see what its worth might be.
    oopps...sorry. Wasn't trying to cause trouble. :blush: