Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• nringnring Member Posts: 97
    anyone know if the 08 rx350 has an AUX jack for an ipod direct connection?

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

• dd768dd768 Member Posts: 4
    The 2008 RX does not have a factory installed ipod jack.

Does anyone know though if there is an AUX port on the back of the stereo?
  • spacejamspacejam Member Posts: 7
    No,AUX jack for I-pod,Sienna,Highlander,and Camry have one,.Just buy the Adapter.I used Griffin on my Rx 350.... :shades:
  • dd768dd768 Member Posts: 4
    I just purchased a 2008 RX350 and inquired about purchasing the shop manual for the vehicle. I was surprised to hear that there is a set containing 4 manuals - and that each of four is priced at $400 for a total price of $1600.

Does anyone have scans of such?
    Or perhaps know a source that might be cheaper than $1600?
  • bao1bao1 Member Posts: 55
    I am too looking for a 2008 RX350 with Navigation. Would you please let me know which dealership came back with invoice pricing?
    thanks
  • hykingohykingo Member Posts: 5
    Hi all,

We just bought a silver 2008 RX350 the past weekend without knowing the 2009 model is coming out next month, and now I am kicking myself for it.

My 2008 RX350 FWD comes with:
    - Navigation system
    - Premium Plus package
    - SIRIUS radio (don't want it, but all they have are cars with it)
    - Five-spoke, 18-in alloy wheels
    - Towing prep package
    - Cargo mat
    - Wheel locks

I paid $41200 out the door. Did I get a good price for it, or I could have gotten a better deal since the 2009 model is coming out???
  • timhotimho Member Posts: 9
    What is your sales tax rate? It would be better to tell us just the selling price (no tax and title). On the other hand, you've got a beautiful car so enjoy... no more kicking to yourself. ;)

Tim
    my tax rate is 7.75% in SoCal. The selling price was $37,607.25.

I love the car, but just feel like I didn't do enough home work.
    I think the price is pretty good (not great, but definately not bad). I was quoted $39300 for an AWD with similar equipments you have, and I am in SF Bay Area. Looking to buy mine in the next few days and I'm shooting for $42k OTD (~$38.5k + TTL).

Tim
  • wish4_rx350wish4_rx350 Member Posts: 5
    I'm in southern California. Costco program is $500 over invoice. I was able to get the guy down to invoice cost on 08 rx 350. The only option I asked for was heated seats and he came up with a invoice cost of 37222. This sounds high, so I will need to have him itemize each line item. NADA invoice calculator shows:

MSRP $40,555
    INVOICE: $35900

Configured as follows:
    Destination $765
    Base FWD $33099
    18" 7-Spoke Liquid Graphite Alloy wheels $484
    Premium Package $1120
    Heated Front Seats/Headlight Washers $432

Did you get any other options?

I found another dealer up in Orange County willing to sell $200 - $300 below dealer invoice. I wonder if I can get to $1000 below?????
    You're price is not bad,the 2009 model and 2008 are almost the same I compare the 2 brochure it is almost identical.Just enjoy your new car.If you wait for the 2009 you will pay more. :shades: :)
    wish4_rx350,

hope you can get your new car soon. I know the negotiation is a big headache, but you can do it.

my car also came with:
    - Navigation
    - SIRIUS radio
    - Towing Prep
    - Cargo Mat
    - Wheel Locks
    - Premium Plus Package (you list your as premium package, I think there is a difference but can't find it on Lexus website anymore)
    - 5-spoke wheels (you have the 7-spoke instead)

My car is silver exterior with gray interior and walnut accent. Don't let anyone tell you that silver RX350 only came with gray/black accent or black/walnut accent interior. I have been lied to by so many dealers, they all claimed that gray/walnut interior does not exist with silver exterior. THEY ARE LYING. If color matters to you, it was to us, then don't back down.

With the 2009 model coming out soon, I think you can get $1500 below invoice easy. And closer to the release of 2009(I think is in late Feb/ early March) the better the deal you will get.

good luck to you~~~
    Good luck hunting~~~~$38.5K would be a great deal for AWD and Nav

But why don't you wait for the 2009 to release? Just to find out what is the difference between the two, and pretty sure you can get even lower then $38.5k for the 2008???
    Where did you get the brochure on the 2009???

I been searching and can't find anything solid/credible that shows what is new on the 2009? Even the dealers themselves all told me they got nothing so far.

Just don't want the 2009 to have a push start button and a AUX for the ipod, then I will really be mad.
  • danmohiuddindanmohiuddin Member Posts: 9
    Hi There,

I too am in Chicago and am in the market for a 2008 RX 350. I have heard some dealers are offering up a $2000 dollar cash to dealer incentive. Many dealerships I have called do not know anything about this, but a few out there may tell you about it.
  • danmohiuddindanmohiuddin Member Posts: 9
    Hi There,

I am very close to buying a new 2008 RX 350 AWD in the midwest area (Chicago). I have found one dealer who told me about Lexus' $2000 dollar cash to dealer incentive to clear out all 2008 models. When I search on edmunds.com under the rebates/incentive programs, I dont find anything related that that...what gives? Also, I plan to buy the car less than invoice but the dealer insists I pay an LDA (dealer advertising) fee...is this a legit fee? Please advise...I plan to close the deal on Tuesday night. Someone please respond...
    I went to S. Cal Lexus dealership yesterday. Invoice for 08 rx350, wheel locks, 18" wheels, no NAV with premium package was 372210. NADA came up with invoice around 36100. I offered 35,416 which is the invoice from NADA less the 18" wheels and wheel locks but with heated seats. The Internet manager said he can do around 35000 - 36000. I saw the invoice list and it included $750 dealer hold back and and extra $300 line item underneat so not sure what that was. In any case, we were well below $1000 below invoice. So there are some incentives somewhere. We ended up buyin a CPO 05 with all options we wanted and low mileage for $29K. The ~7K savings was worth the difference. HOWEVER, if the difference between 05 and 08 was around 5K, then I would have bought the new 08. Good luck. Start below invoice, show them you did your research, and they will come down. One important thing. KNOW THE PRICE YOU WNAT TO PAY BEFORE YOU NEGOTIATE, line up your own financing for comparision purposes. If you have a trade KNOW what you want for it. Otherwise, the dealer will win.
  • carlovernjcarlovernj Member Posts: 77
    Hi Spacejam, can you please let me know what differences there are, if any, between the 2008 and 2009 RX.

Thanks so much.
    I get my brochure on my local dealer,when I take my RX 350 for 1000 miles service,this is the last one on there brochure rack.

Didn't say anything about Auxiliarry Audio Jack.which is standard on 2008 Highlander.Just enjoy youre new RX 350.. :) :shades:
  • sonyswsonysw Member Posts: 34
    Looking for the above car and currently I am getting a quote for $36,600 (MSRP $44481). Is this a good deal or I should negotiate better deal. I appreciate you comment.
    Sounds promising. Go to NADA (online) or any other site that will give you new car dealer pricing. Print it out. Go to the dealer. Tell him you want to pay$500 below invoice price. I was able to negotiate $1500 below and that depends on the incentives the dealser is getting and the local market. If you shop around, you will know what you are talking about and the dealer would know you mean business. play them against each other and then you can play against another manufacture car. Good luck.
    Hi sonysw,

That is an amazing price. The invoice price on that car (MSRP $44,481) is $39,195.

If you got a price of $36,600, that is an AMAZING price. It is $2,595 below invoice. Did you really get quoted a price of $36,600? If so, I would take it in a second.
  • jeepvanjeepvan Member Posts: 46
    Hi all,

i am getting 7.1% as the interest rate from my CU. Does lexus or anyoneelse offers a better rate ?

Any help greatly appreciated. thanks.
    I finalized the deal today since I call many other dealers and they do not want to deal even closer to that price. I got the car for $36400 (total paid $39885 including tax and license). I think it is a decent deal......and I just went aheado to the closest one that still have same option with flint mica, millenium silver and bamboo pearl. BTW MSRP for the car is $44481 (again this is for RX350 FWD premium package with NAV). For those who are interested in I can let you know the dealership just PM me
    Hi Sonysw,

Congrats on your new Lexus RX.

You got an amazing deal, you paid $2,795 below dealer invoice.

That is the best deal I have ever heard in the forums.

I am also interested in an RX, but I live in NJ. I believe you purshased in CA.
  • eights38eights38 Member Posts: 145
    carlovernj - What dealers have you been speaking with? Please email me or reply if you need more help.
    CONGRATS! I was approaching 2K below on a new 08, though I still went with a CPO '05 to save 7K. Which was worth the difference to me. I live in California. The market may be different here as well as dealer incentives. Have fun!
    Hi eights38,

I had contacted Lexus of Englewood and Prestige during the December to Remember event. I wasn't ready to buy at the time, but if I get a great deal now, I would be interested. I want to lease the 2008 RX 350 AWD, with Navigation and 5 spoke 18" wheels. The MSRP is $45,771 and I was quoted last month around $515/ month with $3k out of pocket, for a 36 month 10k miles per year lease. If I can get the monthly amount closer to $450, I would probably get it.

I wish I knew the current money factors, as I know how to calculate leases.

Thanks so much.
    Hi carlovernj,

Lexus rarely has a good deal for lease. I have always lease my car and when I do the calculation always come up better of buying for Lexus. FYI for the car with MSRP $44481 the lease is $560 (including CA tax) with 12,000 miles and 0 down (total drive off license and first month lease $889). To me that is expensive comparing what I got for my BMW or Acura MDX. This is just for a comparison. I use to lease all my cars expect if I want to get Lexus. I have to buy since they never have a good deal even during devember to rememmber.
    Your right about purchasing vs leasing at this point in time. I just contacted a local dealer. The large cash back to dealers is only when you buy, a lease would be based on invoice price which is nothing special. When you buy, the discount can be approx $3k off invoice.

My wife really wanted us to lease, as the current car we have, we bought and have kept for 17 years. She would be excited to know that we would be getting a new car in three years. If it wasn't for this large cash back, a lease does make sense with Lexus, as their residual values and money factors are very competetive (if you catch it at the right time).

Now, I'm in a quandry. I need to decide over the next two days if I want to purchase.

Thanks for your advice, and again, congrats on your new Lexus.
    Carlovernj, things to remember also that the incentive is expire on 1/31/08 (probably they will extend depending on the stock). If you are not in hurry and not picky (especially your wife). You can wait or try to bargain at the end of the month (tomorrow). I know that around my area only few have similar cars that my wife like make my choice limited and I feel I should probably deal 2 days earlier before the end of the month. Sometimes I gamble and just give blunt offer hope the dealer will bite and if not wait another month, they probably will call you or call them again next month.
    Finally purchased our car at Putnam Lexus and the transaction went smoothly. I originally wanted a Japan made unit but since wife wanted crystal white, there was only Canada made available. Car comes with AWD, Nav system, Premium Plus package, 18" 7-spoke wheels, cargo mat and wheels locks. The MSRP is $45,881 and we got it for $42k OTD, which means the selling price is around $38.4k. We got the salesperson thrown in all-weather mats and cargo net. Car is tight and sooo smooth to drive. We love it! :shades:

Tim
    Hi All,
    Finally i bought my rx350 premium plus today for $35k at concord lexus.

Tried putnam lexus for weeks. The salesperson wasted my time saying the msrp as invoice. Finally pleasanton lexus offered the same price, but they didnt have the colors i was looking for. They were good to deal with, but i was unlucky.

Finally concord lexus, offered me the same price, with the color i wanted. They were very professional, and very pleasant to deal with. (salesperson name is Jeff Lou) . The car just came in last night with 2 miles on the odometer.
    so, 2008 rx 350 fwd, premium plus, 18"" wheels, heated seats, wheel locks, mats, etc paid $35k+tax+lic came to ~ $38.5k

This is a very nice car, and very quiet, i love it. Wife still doesnt know it yet, she is in for a big surprise gift this evening.

B.
  • jaymkjaymk Member Posts: 86
    Well congrats to both of you for getting such a good deal.
    If possible if some of you in CA can find out if they have extended the incentives or today is the last day. My dealers are not willing to dip in the incentives at all.
    It seems like I'll be traveling to CA to buy the RX as the dealers here are not giving good discounts at all.
    Thankyou once again and enjoy your new ride.
    The salesman says the 09's will be arriving towards the end of March. They still continue to receive 08s, and there is no difference. no aux jacks for ipods.

btw, i drove home 30+ miles after taking from dealership, and I averaged 23.9 mpg, which is very impressive.

Though sales are dull for the auto industry, lexus is doing well when compared to the german makes. So, as long as they have 08 stock, they are going to try selling it with incentives. I would suggest concord or pleasanton lexus, in northern california, and longo lexus in southern california.

B
  • bmalonebmalone Member Posts: 3
    Hi - I am looking to buy a 2008 Rx350 AWD, premium package. I know there is a new model year coming out soon so I want to time this right (I am not in a hurry). I am looking in the Chicago area so there is a lot of competition for the dealers.

What timing & price do you recommend?
  • chingyeechingyee Member Posts: 1
    You get a great deal. I'm looking to buy a silver one with the exact options that you have. Can you tell me the salesperson's name at Putnam that you dealt with? I didn't know that different color units are made in Japan vs. Canada. Did you happen to ask them which colors are made in Japan?

Thanks!
    I think it's against forum rule to post the name, but I can tell you that if you go to Putnam Lexus website, click on 'Meet Our Staff' and he's the last person in the Internet Sales team. He's pretty straightforward as I told him I don't want no games, and he didn't play any. I think he told their finance team that I want no hassle before we signed the papers, so we only spent less than 20 minutes in the finance dept. (now that's a record!) You can also try Lexus of Fremont as I had a good impression from them, and personally I would avoid Stevens Creek Lexus as they didn't play nice when I dealt with them.

IMHO it's the best if you can get a Japan-made unit. Better built quality means lesser chance to get a lemon. Right before I purchased my car I called most of the Bay Area dealers, and there were only Brandywine Mica (always Japan made) and few Breakwater Blue cars that were made in Japan.

Hope this helps,
    Tim
    Does anyone know if Lexus is still providing dealers a $3,000 incentive for selling 2008 RX's. This was the case in January, I wanted to know if this extended into February.

Thanks so much.
    Has anyone in the Chicago Area purchased a 2008 R350 with Nav in the past month and if so what kind of pricing are you seeing? I am being offered pricing at invoice but it looks like folks are getting 2k+ under invoice on the West coast. Any one have similar experiences here in the Midwest?
  • sud23sud23 Member Posts: 10
    I live in TX and am looking for a 2008 RX 350 with Nav and Black interior. I noticed that in CA, there is a $2000 manufacturer to dealer incentive. How can I take advantage of this and get the best price possible. If MSRP is $43k, I am looking to get a price of $36-$37k + ttl
    A dealer in CA quoted me a price of $37,400 for a Lexus RX350 that has a MSRP of $44,400. This price was given to me without any haggling. How much more do you think I can squeeze out of them? Also, I live in TX, what is the best and cheapest way to ship the car to me?
  • catdaddylongcatdaddylong Member Posts: 53
    Book a one way flight on SW Airlines. They got good deals right now. Drive the SUV home. You will enjoy it and you will save a lot of money. Just have the dealer pick you up at the air port. I've done it only I bought my cars in your state Texas.
    I considered that but its a 20-30 hour drive..by the time I spend on 1 or 2 hotels and that much gas, it will come out to be like $400-500..shipping is $600-$800
  • rmgmagrmgmag Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a 2008 RX 350 for a dealer in the NW Suburbs.

Vehicle has everything but the rear DVD system.

Paid $40,500 plus tax, title and license.

Sticker was $45,881.

They are definitely dealing the 2008's as the 2009's are due to arrive any day per the sales person.
    Retail price doesn't matter. You shouldn't even post it as a basis for determining cost. Goto NADA get the invoice price for the car you want. Tell the dealer you want to pay $1500 below invoice because:

1. Market is low and other dealers will compete for your business (shows him you did your research and are will to go to another dealer)
    2. 09 are coming out now and they need to get rid of 08
    3. There are dealer incentives to get rid of 08
    4. You know they have $750 in dealer holdback and a few hundred in inventory/flooring credits (what ever they call it)
    5. You know they have additional dealer incentive on top of that

That being said, I got my dealer to $1500 below invoice. If you can't do that, you can certainly get $500 below invoice and call it a day. Even AAA and Costco pricing starts at $500 above invoice. So why start retail and negotiate down when you can start at Invoice and go down - makes sense?

one caveat - you may live in an area where the market may not play in your favor. I live in S. Cal.

Also, if the dealer has CPO inventory, there is nothing wrong playing the two departments against each other? For me $7,500 saving between 05 and 08 is worth going CPO.

The Dealer invoice for new 08, premium package was 37,210. Their CPO dept wanted $34,500 for same model but 05 - crazy. You'd be amazed how much mark up is on the used COP car :D

Good luck.
    I agree, list price is irrelevant.

You negotiate from the invoice price.

I too am interested in buying a 2008 RX, but I want to know if dealers are still getting the $3,000 incentive from Lexus that they got in January.
    The Price that the CA dealer is giving me is $1800 below invoice, however since I live in TX its gonna cost me about $800 to get it sent here. How much more do you think I can bargain it down?
    Thanks for the info. If you don't mind, would you please let me which dealership you got the car from and whether you dealt with the internet sales team. I want to make my decision soon since the selection of 08 is getting smaller by the day.
    Thanks
  • catdaddylongcatdaddylong Member Posts: 53
    Unfortunately where I live there is only one Lexus dealer for the whole state. Can you say monopoly. I have bought one Lexus (ES330) from them and will probably buy a RX350 from them this week. They are still a little higher with the 2009 models arriving soon then the border state where I have bought before but I don't won't the hassle of flying to another dealer, pay the costs of inspections,etc. for that state and then have the paper work sent to my states motor vehicle dept. where I buy the tags, taxes, etc. I have done it and saved about $1000 in the past but my local Lexus dealer is now about $600 higher which makes the travel out of state questionable. I have tried the X amount over invoice before and they just laughed at me because they know they have no competition and they can sell the cars for what they want. Now I just wait before the next model year is about to come out and get a half way decent deal, but still not as good as one would get in my neighboring state.