Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• pschiffepschiffe Member Posts: 373
    Yes Charles, I do. My previous one was a 1999 RX300 with FWD and Trac so I had no hesitation at all about ordering a second one the same way. Previous to that I drove various 4x4s for about 25 years. E-mail me if you would like the name of my salesperson at Dorschel in Rochester, Northtown has let me "walk" twice now!

Pete :)
  • xando05xando05 Member Posts: 42
    DO NOT GET FWD IF YOU LIVE IN THE BUFFALO AREA! If you're going to BUY the car, you'll also get a better resale value when you go to sell the vehicle with AWD.

I live in San Diego now and will be purchasing the FWD model. I used to live in Ithaca, NY and four wheel drive saved my life.
    I just received a quote from a San Diego dealer for a 2007 RX 350 FWD(Made in Canada). $39,864 is the price WITHOUT tax and misc fees. The MSRP is 44,123 WITHOUT tax and misc fees.

The equipment includes, NAV package, PPlus package, 18" wheels, Heated seat package, cargo net and wheel locks.

Is anybody getting below invoice or below the above price with sam equip? What is the current money factor and residual for a 36 month, 15000 mile lease with tier one credit?
  • stockradstockrad Member Posts: 6
    I bought my RX350 from a Washington DC area dealer on Aug 28. The dealer did not inform me of any 'scratches or dings'. However, a week later, the manager called me and informed me that a scratch was fixed and repainted in the headlight area, which they had forgotten to tell me; and that I needed to sign a 'disclosure' form. This is upsetting, because I either would not have bought this particular car, or would have negotiated a lower price, had I known about this. Any suggestions about what I should do?

-Stockrad
    I'd refuse to sign unless they "give" you something in return, free 10K service or whatever! My 2¢.

Pete :P
  • franklwfranklw Member Posts: 46
    I have been looking at RX-350 for the past 2 months. I think $39,864 is high since the price you got is about $900 above the invoice. If you look back in this forum, someone got his RX 350 for $1600 under invoice, I remember he got his from Longo Lexus. You also want to visit clublexus forum, someone there also got his for $1200 below invoice from Mission Viejo Lexus. When it comes to prices, my research and limited personal experience so far showed me that San Diego dealers are so inferior to Orange County and LA dealers. I think you should at least email Longo, Tustin, Glendale, and Mission Viejo Lexus before making a counter offer. You can ask San Diego dealer to match your email offer; it is likely that they won't even come close. I am curious, which dealer did you get the price from? Good luck.
  • portia1portia1 Member Posts: 2
    I've dealt with Tony, the internet manager, at Park Place Lexus in Plano and highly recommend him. He's very straightforward and won't make you dicker back and forth over the course of a few days, as he can and will make decisions on what to accept. I've purchased two Lexuses and a Mercedes over the past several years and dealing with Tony was the best experience. You can't go wrong if you choose to buy from him.
  • bminerbminer Member Posts: 4
    Something similar happened to me with a new Accura a couple of years back. I noticed the front tire had a plug in it and I wasn't to happy as you don't normally plug a radial. I started looking closely at the car and found a couple of areas that the paint didn't match very well. The car was red. I went back to the dealer and they at first came up with a bunch of reasons why it couldn't have been something they had fixed. They offered the thought that maybe my wife drove the car and had an accident then went and had it fixed so she wouldn't have to tell me about the accident, said it happens all the time. Lame! Only had the car for a week and she never drove it. After a couple of visits to the dealership they replaced the tire, repainted the mismatched places, twice, and tried to tell me all the scrathes in the clearcoat were normal. It just never looked right. Met with the factory rep a couple of times and then I finally gave up. Loved the way the car drove, but the paint was so bad that I finally traded it in a year later.
    I guess the bottom line would be if you looked closely and were happy with the paint job, forget about it, keep the car and tell the dealer you want a couple hundred dollars back for there oversight. Or have them take the car back. Depends on your state laws. Good Luck.
  • jdoanjdoan Member Posts: 9
    Bought my SUV from Putnam Lexus in Redwood City, CA yesterday. Thought I share the number with those who have been running around looking for a good deal like me :)

2007 AWD Rx350
    Flint Mica & Gray Interior
    Premium Plus Package
    Navigation system
    Towing Prep
    Cargo Mat & Wheel Locks
    $40,649 before Tax & License

I shopped around and got $40,749 from Magnussen Lexus in Fremont, contacted Putnam Lexus and asked if they could beat the price. They did, and I went in. The car won't be delivered until 9/19, but I believe I good a very good deal.

Putnam offered 4-year Service/Maintenance for $3995, which includes a free Extended Warranty of 7-years/100K mile. I did a quick calculation and believe it was a good option, so I took the offer, too.

Good luck, guys and gals.

Jeff
    Thank you for the advice. The quote was from Carlsbad Lexus. San Diego car dealers are very tough to deal with. I've experienced lots of attitude, miscommunication and poor deals in the past. I will call/email Orange County dealers very soon.
  • lizacolbylizacolby Member Posts: 14
    Jeff,

If I were you, I'd also check out Stevens Creek Lexus. I worked with Putnam and Fremont and Serramonte and Stevens Creek blew them all out of the water in terms of the RX they were offering (we bought an '05 with 12k miles) and the price. No one else could touch them. Do yourself a favor and check them out. They were really easy to work with. Also, I think the price you got quoted for maintenance and extended warranty are a bit high.

Best of luck!

--Lynn
    Hi Lynn,

I actually did agree to a number with the Fleet Mgr at Stevens Creek. The quote was $41200 for a similarly-equipped Rx350. The problem with Stevens Creek was they have been selling the Rx like hot cup cakes and were not under any pressure to quote low. I have no ideas why the Rx has been moving so well lately.

Thanks for the advice. I will do some checking around for the price on the service/maintenance.

Jeff
  • stockradstockrad Member Posts: 6
    Thanks, Pschiffe and bminer, for the advice.

-Stockrad
  • bostonmdxbuyerbostonmdxbuyer Member Posts: 7
    I was quoted the exact same price from two LA dealers, and was told $39,865 is $500 over invoice. Can anyone confirm that $39,365 is really the invoice on this car? (2007 RX 350, FWD, Navi, PP package with 18" wheels, heated seats, wheel locks).
  • kensterkenster Member Posts: 7
    Hi lok888,

What dealer do you get for this deal? I am in Boston too and looking for a 2007 Lexus AWD with the same options as you mentioned: Premium Plus Package with 18'' wheel and Navigation system. If you know the sales person name, that would be great.

Anyone in Boston area getting this Lexus for the 41k or close to that deal?

Thanks
  • kensterkenster Member Posts: 7
    Assuming you are looking for an AWD by looking at the MSRP. Here in Boston, my best quote is $41K with everything you mentioned, an AWD too, MSRP $45683 = $4400 below MSRP.

Hi lok888,

What dealer do you get for this deal? I am in Boston too and looking for a 2007 Lexus AWD with the same options as you mentioned: Premium Plus Package with 18'' wheel and Navigation system. If you know the sales person name, that would be great.

Anyone in Boston area getting this Lexus for the 41k or close to that deal?

Thanks
  • eyesportseyesports Member Posts: 9
    Here in New York - got it for 41,200 at Ray Catena Dealership. No hassles whatsoever. Had premium package, NAV, cargo mat, wheel locks, AWD, 18" wheels. Did everything over the phone - just went there to pick it up.
  • lok888lok888 Member Posts: 1,788
    ken - send me an email since I can't post salesperson contact info here.
  • low_ball_88low_ball_88 Member Posts: 171
    Went to the Lexus.com site and built a FWD vehicle and came across this titled option. It is totally different from built a vehicle options in Edmunds and KBB. Why is that?

Anyone purchased a FWD with this option. It does NOT have NAV. If so what price in California?
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    Low ball, I believe the Luxury Value Edition
    is pretty much the same thing as the Premium
    Package. This is the exact same options as
    the '07 RX350 that I purchased back in August. The MSRP on my vehicle was approx. $40,000 and I believe the selling price was approx. $37,000. I'm also leasing my vehicle.

So as far as the packages go, I believe it starts with the Premium package, Premium Plus package, the Navigation package and the Navigation/Mark Levinson package with some others such as the Performance Package and
    add-ons such as the laser cruise control(not sure of the actual name of it) and possibly some other options that I can't remember right offhand.
  • low_ball_88low_ball_88 Member Posts: 171
    Thanks for your input. What I noticed was that the Luxury Value Edition w/Additional Options included options found in the Performance Package (i.e., 18-inch wheels) and the Lexus.com site's MSRP for this package was around $3,380. I just could not get the numbers to match with Edmunds or KBB.
  • lexiloverlexilover Member Posts: 2
    I was looking for a RX350 and this salesperson has told me that a 500-mile demo with premium plus package in Flint Myca is available. He hasn't yet given me any price and said his manager will tell it tomorrow. I went through the posts here and I see a lowest price of 36,700 + TTL paid in August in DFW.

What price do you think I can offer on a demo with 500 miles taking into consideration that I will be buying it by Sep 30, end of the quarter.

thanks guys !
  • choonychoony Member Posts: 12
    I got a demo also, RX350, and they gave us $700off the lowest price. in Dallas.
  • tx3steptx3step Member Posts: 2
    I've just started getting quotes for the RX350, but the initial prices seem higher than what many of you are quoting. I'm getting 40 or 42, depending on AWD or FWD and prem. options. Any suggestions for the counter offers? Is it best to go directly to OTD, or x under invoice, or TMW? Many thanks for any tips.
  • lexiloverlexilover Member Posts: 2
    Can you please tell me how many miles were on it and what they quoted initially and what you paid before TTL ? I never shopped a new car and this will be so helpful for me.

Thanks
  • choonychoony Member Posts: 12
    800 miles for a white/beige. It did have Navigation as well. the price after the $700 discount was $39.2K. But we ended up getting DVD in the headrests for my child and the final price before TTl was $42k..not sure if the best deal, but Sewell is really great to work with and we bought our GX from them in Deceomber. Since it was the demo, it came with EVERYTHING...headlamp washers, moving headlights..not that it costs so much to add on, but it was nice to have everything in it. They said a brand new one would be available in mid Sept,and I could not wait, we just sold my car to carmx, so I went for the demo..no regrets..it's a great car! enjoy. :shades:
    It actually doesn't matter if you negotiate OTD or before TL. If you prefer dealing with a before-T&L figure, you can just simply remember to take $5K off the MSRP price. If you can do that, you've got a good deal. If not, then $4.5K off MSRP is actually not so bad of a deal, either.

I got my Rx last week. After driving it for almost a week now, I must admit it's a much better car than the old MDX I was looking at initially. There are a lot of thoughtful designs in this car than I realized.

Anyway, just keep shopping around, submitting request for quote through edmunds.com, through cars.com, through cardirect.com every week. When certain fleet/internet manager has a bad week, he/she will give you a lower quote out of desperation. Then negotiate on the lowest quote. That was what I did.
  • tx3steptx3step Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your reply. I just realized something else from Lexus website. Am I correct that they do not pay for annual maintenance and roadside assistance? I am Jaguar owner and they did pay up to four years/48k, including roadside. What should I figure for the cost of annual maintenance/roadside? Do they sell these as an add-on package?
    For my dealer, the first 5000 mile service (oil change, tire rotation & road test) is free. I am not sure this is for Lexus too. They (Lexus and dealers) do not pay for annual maintenance but 24 hour roadside assistance is included for the first 4 years regardless the mileage. Lexus recommends maintenance at 5000 miles or 6 months interval.

I am sure you will see some special offers for maintenance in their F&I office. BTW, my dealer would charge from $100 to $200 for the recommended maintenance service and expect more at 60000 miles.
  • bdamanibdamani Member Posts: 4
    I am in Augusta, Ga. Can you tell me the invoice and MSRP price difference in CA and GA? Or is there any way to find out the invoice price here in GA? You guys in CA is getting a heck of a deal. may be I come there , purchase and have it shipped! For 2007 model to get $6820 below MSRP is unbelievable? I wonder how can they afford to do it to sell below invoice of about $1500.00 Any one knows?

Reply would be appreciated.
    Invoice and MSRP are the same regardless what state (except Hawaii maybe), aren't they? Some can afford to sell one under invoice. It is about the sell volume. I am not surprise that some big dealers sold 100+ RXs a month. They can make up the different easily plus the finance department.
  • rathebedrivingrathebedriving Member Posts: 8
    Does anyone have recent pricing information on Houston Lexus dealers? I'm in Houston and interested in a RX350/FWD/Premium (PM) plus FT, HH, TO, Z1, with MSRP $40818. The Northside and Sterling McCall did not seem flexible (>39K). I will visit Westside and Clearlake. Dallas dealerships came at just above 37K. I should be able to get a good deal in Houston. I would appreaciate any input.

Thanks in advance.
  • charles12charles12 Member Posts: 79
    Pete,

Not contacting you for a while. I was just wondering how is your new RX350 doing during the past big snow storm?

I am now trying to get one from CA (made in Japan). The AWD ones in a few dealer there have no color combine I like. So I also get one with FWD. I use this car only for city travels (Between Clearance and Downtown buffalo). So I think FWD should be good enough since it has VSC and traction control.

Charles
    Charles, no problems in the snow. As I've said before, FWD with Trac is perfectly adequate IMHI. Certainly not suitable for off-road, but then I only drive on paved streets! Currently experimenting with use of less expensive 87 octane fuel, first 1,000 miles or so was 93 octane; so far no noticeable difference other than the price. I get my gas at BJ's and they don't have the 91 octane recommended by Lexus for the RX350.

Pete,

nice to hear from you.

I also get my gas at BJ's. Did you notice any milage/gal difference between 87 and 93? 93 is supposed to have 6% more carbon than 83 and therefore more energy (7% more compared to 87) based on chemsitry.

Charles
    Charles,
    Too soon to tell, still on my first tank of 87. 19.8 mpg avg with 93 octane. I want to clock another 1,000 miles or so on the 87 to make a proper comparison.

• ike3ike3 Member Posts: 81
    I live in western NY. Can't say the dealers out here are competitive, whether in Buffalo, Rochester or Syracuse. Can anyone within a 5-6 hours driving distance from out here direct me to a great dealer that will discount a 2007 RX-350? I'm thinking as far west as
    Cleveland, as far east as Boston, as far south as NJ...downstate NY.....eastern PA....and even to the DC area. Please advise. The dealers here are killing me with their very professional, but very smug attitude. A deep discount, not a shallow discount with window dressing on it. Oh yes...it will be for a leased RX, 3 years, 12k miles/year.
    Thanks to all in this forum that can provide help.
    I also talked to dealer like yours and they gave price of MRSP or a little below that, treating you as you are an idiot - Do not even bother for any further discussion in terms of price.

You may want to try dealers in LA region in CA. You can get price as low as $35600 for FWD AND $37000 for AWD (no NAV. + $2200 for nav.). Find a car transportion company on ebay (cost $800 - 1000). You can get a car made in japan there and maybe the same or even lower price after adding the transporation cost. Most importantly, you will not feel you are treated as an idiot.

Good luck.
  • sender1sender1 Member Posts: 43
    I just bought a RX350 2007 from Ray Catena Lexus in Monmouth, NJ. The salesman was an absolute pleasure to deal with, and the pricing couldn't be beat. I am $5000 under MSRP. It is well worth a drive there. I don't know if I can post the salesmans name but you can email me. Good Luck
    I tried to send you a private e-mail, but it bounced back to me. Your profile information is where I got the e-mail address from. Please write me, you can get the email from my updated profile page. Thanks, sender1!
  • njexpressnjexpress Member Posts: 170
    Sender1, Those numbers sound really impressive! Congratulations. My cousin is actively in the market for an RX 350 in NJ. DId you say $5K below sticker?? Amazing. Can you please email me the details too?
    I would really appreciate your help.
    BTW, All, is it true that you can buy the base RX350 AWD with just NAV?? I thought they always made you buy other packages since the equiped options were "cookie cut" in that manner. For ex, Yes NV is a $2650 option but you will have to take in a premium plus if you needed NV unless you special ordered it.. That's how it used to be.. Have things changed??
    Cheers!!
    --njexpress
  • bdamanibdamani Member Posts: 4
    Can any one tell me that the cost to the dealers for the items such as TDA, DEalers Holdback and Whsl Financial reserve which amounted to be about$1700.oo is a real cost to the dealer? The dealer is willing to sell me a vehicle RX350 for $750.00 above the dealers invoice. The invoice would be 40866 and MSRP would be $45706.00. I have to pay $750.00 above $40866 +tax, Tag and fees of $385.00. Your reply is appreciated.
    Bdamani,

You don't have to worry about all the tricks that car sale people use to spin your head :). The simple rule is to negotiate for a price that is between $4500-$5000 below the MSRP, then all you have to pay in addition to that is the Tax & License fee.

Jeff
    Hi, I would send you an e-mail but you have to unblock your email in your profile. If you want email me and I'll give you the info, good luck
  • dannyledannyle Member Posts: 43
    Hi all
    I am looking for a 2007 350RX base in Boston. Only thing I want is just the premium package and heat seat. Nothing else.

ANyone recently purchase on in the boston area could help please ?

Also was wondering do you guys get the same discount if it's a special order with just the package you wanted ?

THanks
    Sender1, profile is set to public and email should be visible. Please write back! Thanks!
    It is very likely that the New England region along with the New York region are not bringing in those vehicles. They are only coming in as premium plus w/o nav and premium plus with nav. However, if you are willing to travel to Cleveland OH area, you can get the premium package with the heated seats, and they are in stock. They also come with the regular halogen headlamps and the standard 17" wheels. They are in the Midwest region and they are configured differently for that region. Good Luck!
    Hi, I don't have your email to give info. Email me and I will give you all info needed.
  • anna_leeanna_lee Member Posts: 1
    The more acurate way is to know the invoice price for the car with all options/packages and then compare the sale price with the invoice. The best sites for invoice are Costcoauto and kelly blue book. (was wondering if the MSRP is the same on the window of the car in different dealer's lot???)

E.g. RX350 FWD with /premium plus package/heated seats with Rain-sens wipers and headlamp washers/18" tire/wheel lock/cargo mat/ -- Inovice from both KBB and Costcoauto is $36,692 (destination included)and MSRP is $41496.

The best price so far I got for FWD is $35,550 (destination included. Extra includes $60 document fee. You have to pay, of course, tax) and $36,900 for AWD with the same options. That is more than $1100 below invoice.

Without knowing your final price and cars with what kind of options/packages, it is hard to judge the deal. Here are a couple of problems for your approach:

1. a $5000 off the MSRP for a RX350 FWD base model with the least added options/packages is a MUCH MUCH better deal than a fully loaded AWD one.

2. Your calculation is OK ONLY for RX350 with big PRICE gap between invoice and MRSP.

Then what is your final price and what options for your car?
    I also live in Western New York. Purchased my RX350 from Dorschel in Rochester, NY. Negotiated a price of $1,350 over factory invoice as follows:

33,099 Invoice
    1,932 Prem. Plus Pkg.
    695 Freight
    485 Advertising
    1,350 Profit
    $37,561 Net
    Plus tax & title etc., go to Msg #193 of Sept. 6th for more information; eMail me for the name of salesman if interested.