Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• salty110salty110 Member Posts: 7
    My thought exactly, I bought a Garmin which has maps of Europe as well for 1/4 of the price, and I use it everytime I travel to Europe. I never understood buying the factory installed GPS. Specially with the rapid adavncement in that field. The GPS that comes with your car would be outdated and obsolete in a year or two
  • pschiffepschiffe Member Posts: 373
    The Lexus in-dash GPS with back-up camera is superior to the portable units in IMHO and I've used both. The built-in screen is larger as well as theft-proof and the back-up camera is superb. I do agree that it is highly over-priced however.

Pete :)
  • samurai_ksamurai_k Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I am looking to purchase this car in Norcal. Who did you buy it from and what were your terms?

Thanks!
  • a5funga5fung Member Posts: 3
    Hi All,

I'll be going in to negotiate at Lexus of Bellevue this saturday. What price should I aim for and any hints and pointers for me? I'm going for RX350 w/ premium package, r/v camera, wood trim, heated seats and tow, MSRP is around 43,300!

Anyone looking for one of these in my area? Let me know too.

Thanks!!
  • mahamaha Member Posts: 11
    I got mine at dealer invoice (they showed me the actual invoice) from Lexus of Serramonte (SF). That's the price you should ask for. You can't go wrong at invoice regardless of which car and option.
  • ccpyueccpyue Member Posts: 4
    Which province you are in? I'm in Toronto. I'm also negotiating to lease a new 2010 RX350 with Premier Package 2. Two dealers in Toronto both offered only $2300- discount. I can deposit $4500- to buy down the lease rate to 2.1% (refund at end of lease). Zero downpayment, monthly will be C$721- plus taxes (come to C$814-) for 48 months.

For leasing car, my opinion is zero downpayment is better. We should focus on the discount that they can offer. Interest is always the same for every one and non negotiatabel. Did your dealer told you what discount you can have?? In USA, they all talking about US$4000- discount. But here is only C$2300-.
  • nnutakkinnutakki Member Posts: 1
    Hi Deereguy,

I am planning to buy a RX350 in Raleigh area and would appreciate if you could send me the price you paid and also the name of the salesman/dealership you bought your SUV from.

My email sas.naren @ gmail.com

Thanks.
  • truecartruecar Member Posts: 6
    2010 AWD RX350

Premium Package
    Tow Prep
    Back up monitor
    Heated and Vent Seats
    Wood Leather Trimmed Wheel
    Cargo Mat
    Wheel Locks

MSRP $43656
    Agreed Price $40500 + sales tax + license fee ($599)
  • lxdealguylxdealguy Member Posts: 3
    I would say don't bother. Bellevue/Fife Lexus dealers are the same and they are not willing to negotiate and are very arrogant. They charge MSRP and won't budge. At best you might get a price that is few hundred below MSRP.

If you really want to save money and get a good deal, just contact California dealers (Bay Area and LA). It is easier than you might think and you can get all the paperwork done remotely. Most of them are willing to sell you at Invoice price and shipping is easy too. Either they will arrange for one (they will charge you) or you can easily arrange one yourself for $500-$600. Also, you can have the registration done in WA and pay taxes here itself.

You are going to save about $2000 to $3000 even after having the vechile shipped to Washington depending on the options selected for your RX.

A word of caution: First check with the dealer if they have the vechicle with all the options you want in stock and ONLY deal with them if they do. Otherwise they could waste your time.
    2010 AWD RX350

Premium Package
    Tow Prep
    Back up monitor
    Heated and Vent Seats
    Wood Leather Trimmed Wheel
    Cargo Mat & Nets
    Wheel Locks

Final price $41,200.

Not excellent deal by any means and I know that, but I didn't want to hassle with out of state. I feel I could've pushed a lot harder, hope new buyers gets a better deal :)
  • az602az602 Member Posts: 8
    I received a 3 day "Private Offering" via email from a Phoenix, AZ area Lexus dealer. The offer was to "make your very best deal on any new Lexus and then present this invitation for an additional $2500 off"

Well, I went to the dealer and negotiated a price of $400 over invoice with a salesman. Then I presented the coupon. He called over his manager and they refused to honor the offer minus $2500.

I am disgusted at this treatment, especially after driving a hour to take advantage of this offer.

Thoughts or suggestions?
  • svofan2svofan2 Member Posts: 442
    ..did you read the small print?.....there must something there that gives them a way out...the old adage..."if it sounds to good to be true...it is"...come on.....do you think that after getting $400 over invoice you were going to get an additional $2500 off?....
    Good luck to you....
  • sympl123sympl123 Member Posts: 8
    Yes, see my earlier post. Got it in one of NJ dealerships end of september.
    2010 RX350 AWD w/Navi, Comfort pkg. MSRP $47,407.
    Sales price was about $42,300, i.e. ~5k below MSRP.
    This is still slightly over Edmund's invoice, but that does not include advertisising fees etc. I am still not clear what the actual "dealer cost" is, but from what I can tell this was a pretty good price. Wonder if anyone did even better in this area?
  • burgundy2burgundy2 Member Posts: 3
    Hello everyone on this board. I am in Roanoke, Va. Looking for a 2010 350RX with premium package, comfort package, navigation, tow, wood & leather and running daytime lights. Roanoke has 2 dealerships but are not a LEXUS Dealership. Theses dealerships carry 2010 350 RX but they receive their Lexus Cars from Greensboro, Winston-Salem and Kennersville, North Carolina. My better half says that the Roanoke dealerships will not budge from the MSRP and that I will not obtain a car at invoice or less than 3 thousands from MSRP. Everyone on this board seems to be obtaining an awesome deal. My question is can I negotiate a better price through the internet and a phone call to North Carolina Dealerships or do I need to travel to North Carolina to negotiate a deal with a Lexus Dealership? I don't want to pay full MSRP. Looking forward to everyone's comments and suggestions. Burgundy2 :confuse: :blush:
    Deereguy,
    Hello!
    Did you negotiate your deal for your 2010 350 RX at the Lexus Dealership or Did you call direct at the dealership or negotiated by the internet to the Raleigh Lexus Dealership? I guess I don't want to drive 200 miles to negotiate. Looking forward to your reply.

Burgundy2 :confuse: :surprise:
  • dcmacheaddcmachead Member Posts: 13
    I've used this site's methodology to negotiate the purchase of four cars. I've gotten a few under invoice, though I haven't used the method on a Lexus.

http://www.carbuyingtips.com/

In essence, you get a throw away e-mail address from gmail/hotmail/live/etc. and use that for several of the online car buying services. Once you get the offers in hand, pit the dealers against each other and drill them down on price. It's much easier than wasting hours in the showroom.

The other thing that I've noticed is the best deals I've gotten were at the end of the month--I suspect that's due to salesmen having monthly quotas or something, but it could be just a coincidence.

Best of luck to you! I think I'll be joining in the search for a Lexus RX 350 soon.
    As far as I can tell, there is no fine print that gives them an out. In fact, there are INCLUSIONS on this offer that you don't normally see:
    - Can be combined with other offers
    - Can be used on any new or used vehicle in stock

Yes, I realize that $400 over invoice PLUS an additional $2500 off would be a fantastic deal, but it's a deal that THEY offered. (By the way, it's actually $700 over invoice according to my recalculation.)

The coupons specifically says to negotiate your best deal. I negotiated what many others have already: $700 over invoice--in fact others have negotiated much better (up to $800 below invoice). Then the coupon says to present the coupon for an ADDITIONAL $2500 off the best offer. They refused to honor this.

I have sent a letter to the GM of the dealership. I'll see what he says.
  • jako1jako1 Member Posts: 23
    Final price $41,200.

Was this OTD price?
  • MafuwahMafuwah Member Posts: 9
    Hi a5fung,

I am in Seattle area too. Would you tell me where did you get your RX please? Seattle or Bellevue dealer for $41,200. I believe it was before tax and license, right?

Thanks a million.
  • rparisrparis Member Posts: 368
    Please let us know what the GM says. The dealership might say a manager never accepted the terms so it was not an agreed upon price, if in fact, it was a salesman that accepted the deal.
  • jamesp4jamesp4 Member Posts: 3
    I'm also looking for a new 2010 RX350 w/ Premium, heated seats, backup mirror in the St. Louis/KC area. Any buying experiences to report?

Thanks
    Dear dcmachead,

Thank you for your kind assistance and great advice. I have e-mailed Lexus Dealerships in Charlotte, Raleigh, Greensboro, N.C. and Richmond, Virginia Beach, VA, Johnson City, TN. and Columbus, Ohio. Does anyone on this board recommend a Lexus Dealership that you experienced good negotiations (bottom line price) on the East Coast. Shipping costs from California would be to expensive. I will share what I have experienced with these dealerships.
    Thank you!
    Burgundy2 :sick: :D
    Hey Mafuwah,

This is @ Lexus of Bellevue and yes its before tax+license. I'm closer to Bellevue and they have better service imo, like free car washes and stuff.

Price wise i think you can go lower (maybe 40500 I feel) but definitely not as low as some other states, so if you're in Bellevue/Seattle area you're stuck with higher prices.

Good luck!
  • MafuwahMafuwah Member Posts: 9
    Thanks a5fung,

I was at the Bellevue of lexus the other day. Now, I am confidence to ask for lower price. Would you mind tell me who is the sales guy? I know a guy name Robert Lee.
    Any updates?
    Manager somewhat rudely offered me the vehicle at invoice (their invoice, which includes holdback and financial reserve). I will be writing letters to the BBB, Attorney General and Lexus to tell them about this fraudulent business practice. The dealer shouldn't offer a coupon they have no intention of honoring.
  • biggdbiggd Member Posts: 4
    Could you please tell me what dealership you bought it from in New Jersey?
  • ddlion321ddlion321 Member Posts: 2
    I am in Portland and also looking for a 2010 RX350.May we get a good price if we go together? :)
  • jtlajtla Member Posts: 388
    It seems that Lexus has raised the price on RX recently, by about $1,500. The same configuration that had a MSRP of $45,847 two months ago in post #2763 is now north of $47,000. Similarly, non-Navi car that can be had for $41,500 MSRP now approaches $43k. Anybody know when and why? At this economy? :confuse:

Accordingly, the Edmunds' invoice price information seems outdated as well. The invoice price salesperson claims -- and offers to show -- is $1,000 more than that's on Edmunds. :cry:
  • wheelmarkwheelmark Member Posts: 2
    I am in Portland 97230 too, intend buy 2010 RX350 with premium package 2 ($4190), Truffle Mica exterior and Parchment interior, Lexus web MSRP $43715, do you visited dealers and what expect deal price can get?
  • ddlion321ddlion321 Member Posts: 2
    My friend and I both want to buy RX350. We went to Portland dealer 2~3 months ago. Did not have good deal from them. There is only one Lexus dealer here.So sad ! :cry: Have you visited them? maybe we should try together again or Bellevue? Anyone around Portland wants to raise hand? we have 3 now. :)
  • jtlajtla Member Posts: 388
    Not only is the GPS highly overpriced, but Lexus also makes you buy other stuff (comfort package, 12-speaker audio, 19" wheel,etc.) in order to get the GPS. I was ready to shell out $2k for the in-dash GPS, but gave up when I realized the total cost would be about $5k when all the extras were added. No, thank you. I will keep my Garmin.
  • wheelmarkwheelmark Member Posts: 2
    I have not visit them yet instead direct issue order with cash on hand, but looks Portland dealer only offer 2K discount from windows price, their price may be little better when I show my cash but can not expect too much.
    I contacted with Stevens Creek in south CA, their price is not idea enough too, only $3500 discount (my expect arround 4.5K-5K), another worry is CA tax (I am not sure they can waive sales tax for OR resident or not).
  • sam159sam159 Member Posts: 13
    When I was shopping in Chicago land area, I noticed the price was much different from edmunds and truecars.com. When I asked the dealer, the response was " Dont know, dont care, take it or leave it. We dont go by the prices on the public site". I left and went with Acura MDX!
  • husky55husky55 Member Posts: 7
    I was quoted the following

In stock I have white /beige and Truffle mica/black. Both have the comfort package,Audi system w/12 speakers,Nav,Prem Package ,Tow Package,Wood steering wheel and gear shift knob,cargo net and mat,wheel locks

MSRP 47250 Sale price out the door 46800.16

By McDermott in North Haven, CT. This is their OTD price. I wonder if there is any way I can get a better deal.

Appreciate any help. Thank you.
    You will save few thousand dollars if you buy from CA. You don't need to register in CA/pay CA taxes if the vehicle is not operated in CA. Most of the dealers will ship the vehicle to whereever you live so you can register locally. I live in Seattle area and I won't recommend the Bellevue lexus.

I bought mine (MSRP $48,473/Invoice 43,743[my price] - NV, CP, PM, PA, TO, WU etc.) from Oakland Lexus dealer and I am saving about 4K after shipping.
  • alliecat1alliecat1 Member Posts: 11
    FYI:
    negotiated all in one day and am going to pick up black/black RX 350 FWD with Navi, Premium Package, Parking Assist and Comfort Package, leather wrapped steering wheel and knob, 19" alum alloy wheels,
    42,000 Car

$4100.36 Tax
    $55.00 doc fee
    $579.75 Lisc fee

Total. $46,735.11
    Got it from Santa Monica Lexus (which is normally not the best in terms of dealing). I called and dealt with around 6-7 dealers.... originally they were quoting numbers in $43k...and then $42,600.... and i guess since it is close to the end of the month, they just wanted to sell the cars.

it's a hot car!!! good luck to you all.
    Was it an AWD or FWD?
    FWD.
    What was MSRP?
    MSRP was about $47,000 ($46.900..something).
    Also, as i had stepped into the dealer, i was getting calls from a dealer 2 miles away sayin that if i came to them last night, they would sell the exact same car for $41,000. a $1k savings!!! it's crazy how low they can go when they want to sell a car......
    Could be end of month and were anxious to sell.

Was a trade involved?
    no trade in involved.... it is a sweet [non-permissible content removed] car. there ain't nothin like the smell of new lexus leather....sigh.
  • rx400h350rx400h350 Member Posts: 3
    What is the dealership name and what is package included in $41000 price?

Did you check the price for Hybrid? If so, please post the information and this will be appreciated.

Regards
    You got a good price-any secrets as to how you negotiated?

What octane gas are you using?

Love the leather smell, too bad it does not last forever!!

Enjoy
  • maximafanmaximafan Member Posts: 592
    LOL! I went to the auto show in Tampa, FL last Saturday and got to sit in an RX450h. They had two on display. I don't know why they didn't put a 350 and a 450, but I have to say that the seats felt very plush, soft, like butter! The seats in my '07 RX
    don't feel that nice! :P
  • nckappanckappa Member Posts: 2
    Just purchased a 2010 rx 350 fwd luxury, navigation, comfort, head up display, and parking assist. from dealership in Raleigh(Johnson Lexus). Sticker price was 48875, purchased for 44500. Used Edmunds price guide to help in negotiations. Easy negotiations, no pressure. Will pick up vehicle Tuesday. Can't wait to drive it home
  • hannoushannous Member Posts: 24
    I just asked the same question at the dealership. They had two identical RX's on the lot with different sticker prices (not $1500 though). Salesman said cost of production increased over the summer. Newer ones had a slightly higher cost. Might have to do with the dollar getting pummelled against the Yen over the past 5 months.
  • hannoushannous Member Posts: 24
    Just purchased 2010 RX 350:

Navi
    Comfort Package
    Premium package
    12 speakers
    cargo mat
    cargo net

MSRP - 47,250

OTD: $44,696.91 (thoughts?)

Took it off the lot. Smokey granite exterior, blk interior. Loving it!
  • mvs1mvs1 Member Posts: 462
    This is going to sound counter intuitive (based on these dealers' location) but contact Lexus of Westport and Greenwich. I've purchased vehicles from McDermott, Westport and Greenwich, and each time the others were thousands of dollars apart. I've found that most people don't cross shop McDermott due to location. Dealers in NY and long island are fairly aggressive as well you should contact them by email to get a price prior to stepping foot in a dealership

Good luck