Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• manalivemanalive Member Posts: 6
    I received a quote for a 3 yr lease on the AWD 2010 RX 350 with Comfort, Premium, Navigation, Wood Trim Steering Wheel/Shift Knob, Tow Package and Wheel Locks, mats, etc.
    and Factory Remote Starter from the Ray Catena in Larchmont NY on Nov 28 2009 with the following details:

MSRP $47,600
    Sales Price $43,000
    Residual= 62%
    MF=0.0023
    12,000 miles/yr
    Cap Reduction= $0
    $565/Monthly Lease payment(excluding sales tax)
    Sales Tax=$1,805.18
    Bank fees=$752
    Registration= $223

This will be my first lease. I really need opinions ASAP. Is this a good deal? If any one knows of a better deal than this please inform me by responding. I'm looking to buy within 2 weeks. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
  • utc2utc2 Member Posts: 42
    Always found these forums to be very useful so I thought I would provide an update on an excellent negotiated price in the SoCal area. Purchased (no lease, no finance) a Smoky Granite Mica/Gray combo with all the options for $44,500 + TTL at Cerritos Lexus. MSRP was $51,496. Very excited as it was $7,000 below sticker.

Used the internet sales staff at local dealerships and found the lowest price at Keyes in Van Nuys at $44,200 but not the color combo we were looking for so it was worth the extra money for the right combination. Wanted the luxury package, comfort package, and navigation package. Didn't care much for the upgraded sound, Heads Up, Parking Assist, Tow pacakage but was told by many dealerships that most luxury package cars are typically fully loaded.

Hope this helps those of you out there who are planning on purchasing. Good luck.
  • ncalerncaler Member Posts: 14
    This forum is great. Thanks to everyone that have shared their buying experience. Here is mine on a RX350 w/ AWD, PM, HS, EC, etc. MSRP was $43974, Invoice was $40,100, and Sales price was $38,600. Giving what other dealers were willing to sell it for, I probably can get a $100 or $200 off from here if I am willing to sit another hour or two. Figure it is already $5374 under MSRP and $1500 under Invoice. That should be a pretty good price. What do you guys think?
  • wasabi911wasabi911 Member Posts: 53
    sounds like a fantastic deal. Which dealer did you use?
  • rparisrparis Member Posts: 368
    A local dealer told me it made no sense for them to sell a vehicle below invoice. How did you negotiate below invoice?
  • bbhatbbhat Member Posts: 6
    Please post Dealership Name City and State at least that will be buying an Rx2010
    Thank You!
    Bernard
  • ncalerncaler Member Posts: 14
    I am in the San Francisco Bay Area. The dealership is in Pleasanton. I guess I can't post the salesperson's name. He is very nice, professional, and easy to deal with. I would not hesitate to refer new customers to him. Remember, mine was a Black Friday deal, so, you might or might not get the same deal (but you bet they will tell you exactly that).

Will post detail of my negotiation later.
  • swtsaeswtsae Member Posts: 3
    I know that these RX350 comes "typically" equipped a certain way. What is the "typical" options.

-is it just premium package basically or will they typically come with ...wood trim, heated seats etc????
  • kacee2kacee2 Member Posts: 1
    I got a quote for an RX350 with MSRP $44,850 for $$39,800. It includes nav, premium pkg, accessory pkg, ventilated/heated seat, leather/wood trims. Is this a good deal or would I be able to get something better considering it's the end of the year and the dealers want to make their numbers for 2009?
    Is it possible to get a copy of your options listed at user name @ecpi.com
    Thanks
    Could you help with name of dealership and salesperson bbhat@ecpi.com
    Thank you!
    Since I expect to purchase soon, I am looking forward to hearing about the details of your negotiations.

Thank you.
  • divsdivs Member Posts: 13
    We took our Lexus delivery from McGrath CHICAGO, but was not happy with the services...We bargained on the MSRP of $51400 which included the option of 19" wheels, so we agreed on $46750 as sale price + taxes= $50487. The day of delivery they had taken out 19" wheels and had put standard 18" wheels sayng you got a good bargain so we cannot give 19" wheel if we need pay extra $660 for the same. We refuse to buy the car and afterwards they replace the tires. They kept us waiting almosr 2 1/2 hrs for delivery plus car was not cleaned properly after repeated requests. ...Please make sure you check the options you paid for are in the car also...
  • poetselpoetsel Member Posts: 2
    I found a Rx350 2010 just having about 100 miles..
    The seller asking for $46500..
    It is equip with Navigation system with voice command, hard disc drive, premium package, comfort pkg and tow prep...
    I'm new to this kind of stuff.. so if you guys could give me some suggestion whether the price is too high or its standard etc...thanks alot
    Could you now send details of your negotiation to bbhat@ecpi.com
    Thanks!
    We had seen a car we same config + Dealer installed DVD Rear Ent. at Schamburg, IL dealer Tungsten Pearl/Gray interior, the MSRP was $44 + DVD cost ($2500)K and he agreed on $50K OTD (incl taxes and other fees), if we wanted he could have come down another $500-1000 more...but we opted out since we wanted factory installed DVD as it comes at same cost....good luck!
  • oncogene03oncogene03 Member Posts: 10
    That seems like a great deal. What dealership?
    Can you email me the dealership and the sales person name? I am in the hunt for an RX350. My email is oncogene03@gmail.com
  • kl07rphkl07rph Member Posts: 22
    Sorry to hear about your experience divs. My father purchased a GS from their Westmont location waaaay back in 1999 and the experience was pleasant, but I gather they've sacrificed customer service lately. I would be sure to call Lexus NA and voice your concern to them, particularly the part where they swapped out your wheels AFTER agreeing on a final price. Lexus is based on service and satisfaction, so if corporate hears from you, they'll make up for it.

FWIW, I heard Longo Lexus (Socal) has good ratings for customer service
  • poetselpoetsel Member Posts: 2
    so does that mean that the $46500 (not include tax) with that equipment seem reasonable?how to get that price down? is there any strategy or else??
    thank you
  • maddypfmaddypf Member Posts: 2
    I have received a price of $37,500 from 3 LA dealers for RX 350 FWD with premium package only and additional fact0ry installed stuff. The MSRP is $42,336. I live in Phoenix and no one in Phoenix can match this offer.

This forum has been very helpful to me so far. What do you folks think?
  • prodriver11prodriver11 Member Posts: 2
    I wound up contacting Lexus of Watertown not too long ago. A Craigslist ad caught my eye and I called. I spoke with Adam and here's a trick I recommend. Lexus dealers aren't allowed to discount (or advertise discounts) for new cars too much, but they can discount 'demos' and 'managers specials.' Lets just say the deal was far better than the other dealers I called within about 100 miles.
    Please share-what was MSRP, price they offered and if you purchased how many miles did the odometer indicate?
    Hello, Has anyone got a good deal recently on 2010 Lexus RX 350 FWD, premium package, comfort package with navagation in Houston, TX area? What kind of price has others been quoted?
    ya it did to us atleast b'coz invoice was $45750 approx so $1000 + Sale Price is good enough based on this forum only. after reading this forum we decide we will straight do minus 5K from MSRP and stick to it + sales tax, and that worked it was liitle hard though we went to atleast 3-4 dealers personally and all were around 100-120 miles distance but it was worth the trip and the lexus had 130 miles but new.
    Never show u r in hurry to buy, you need good deal and its true --month end they really want to get rid of stock as dealers get cash incentives based on # of vehicles sold in a month by LEXUS.
  • closenoughclosenough Member Posts: 31
    "Lexus dealers aren't allowed to discount (or advertise discounts) for new cars too much"

This is quite a funny statement. You can't be serious? :)
  • smile4smile4 Member Posts: 4
    I tried to negotiate at McGrath on RX 350 2010 ,premium pkg,comp pkg etc list prie 47750 they are not going below 43,800. Any advice?
    thnks
    I vaguely recall a dealer commenting they cannot advertise discounted prices. Obviously, discounts are available.
    they are pretty stubborn abt giving discounts but stick to your price they will come down dont show you are in a hurry..who are you dealing with???????? plus end of month is the time they want to close the deal more quickly as compare to start of month....

go to naperville dealer, he is agressive too!
  • smile4smile4 Member Posts: 4
    since they don't want us to post names of salespeople, I want..
    I am also going to try the Highland Park dealer and the one in Schamburg.
    I am not in any rush so hopefully it will help
    Thanks
  • nasharunasharu Member Posts: 1
    I leave in NJ area and looking for a good deal to lease RX350. Here is what I got so far from the local dealer:
    MSRP $43,715, AWD, Premium, Rear camera, wood trim...
    for 36 month, 10K miles/year, $525/month including 7% NJ taxes, with $1800 out the door ($700 bank fees, 1st month payment, $330 or someting for registration and the rest for documentation fees).
    Calculations included 63% residual value and 5.3% interest (or 0.0022 money factor). Dealer claims that its a rock bottom price. Is it?
  • my2009tjmy2009tj Member Posts: 3
    i received a price of $37000 today with premium package.
    but they didn't give me the otd price.
    can anyone tell me your otd price?
  • swtsaeswtsae Member Posts: 3
    Quick question I've been bouncing back and fourth between the edmunds.com and kbb.com site. Edmunds shows the base invoice price as $33,710 and KBB shows it as $32,752. Which of these is correct?

Thanks
  • maddypfmaddypf Member Posts: 2
    Can you tell me the name of the dealer and what was the MSRP. They mentioned the sales tax, 55 doc fee and title and registration. They mentioned there were no additional costs.

If you do not want to share on this forum, please email me at maddypf@yahoo.com
  • pigdocpigdoc Member Posts: 7
    I just purchased a 2004 RX330 with 34k miles, AWD, extremely nice certified car for $24,900. So far it's really nice. From Des Moines Lexus dealer, they were good to work with. Not a great price, but ok.
  • closenoughclosenough Member Posts: 31
    Well, my purchase is done. I completed it last week here in NJ. I had been searching for the right deal for months and it finally hit. On the hint of an earlier post I tried overstock.com and it paid off. Overstock introduced me to a very aggressive dealer and I negotiated from there.

MSRP of 50,950 (2010 RX350 AWD, NAV, Rear DVD, etc...) for a price of 45,500 plus 249 doc fee plus tax and tags.

One driving factor for me was the rear DVD. I wanted it factory and Lexus does not appear to be offering it in their "standard" packages on the website anymore. Seems to be going special order only.

As for carsdirect, they have "jumped the shark." I had bought three or four cars from them in the past (remember when they used to deliver it to you on a flatbed with a bow on top?) but now their pricing is nothing special and car availability appears dim. I am so glad that overstock entered as some online competition.

Good luck to everyone else.
  • iubus2005iubus2005 Member Posts: 8
    MSRP is $48,000 with following options, got quote of $44,500:

Premium package
    Comfort package
    Intuitive parking assist
    Wood-leather trimmed steering wheel and shift knob
    Towing Prep Package
    12-speaker Premium Audio System for Navigation with Automatic Sound Levelizer and In-dash Six-Disc CD Changer
    Accy pkg: cargo net, cargo mat & wheel locks

Seems like they should be able to go down another 2k or so. What do you guys think?
    Based on previous posts, an additional $2000 is probably being quite optimistic, but maybe 15-1800 more.

Lets us know.
  • nosfertoonosfertoo Member Posts: 12
    Do you mind sharing which dealership you got the vehicle from? Joel Cohan at Ray Catena of Freehold is killing deals right and left these days. Joe Flores has left the company for personal reasons and Joel is no longer allowing deals struck last month to go through ( $47250 MSRP going for 42K)
  • cutco760cutco760 Member Posts: 63
    Hey nosfertoo,

You are right, last November I had a deal in place with Joe Flores and Cohan killed it. I went online to Tri County Lexus and talked to Jack B and Harry S. and my mother got AWD RX for the same price as Joe Flores had in place. Cohan killed Joe Flores's deals left and right and he is murdering Ray Catena in Freehold. Joe Flores is a young kid who is trying to make it in the business and Cohan is a big ego clown. You can see my other posts. The only thing at Tri you should know about is the etching $199. Also Harry S is the nicest person you can meet. Do not worry about the dealer rating. In fact right now I am talking to Harry S for an RX for my wife. I think I can get it for $38K my mom paid $39K. good luck you can email me at cutco760@yahoo.com and I am wiling to share more with you. Right now I am negotiating on my trade in value.
  • cutco760cutco760 Member Posts: 63
    You should try to get in touch with Jack B or Harry S at Tri County Lexus. They are great and will meet any price and beat it. Remember that there is an etching for 199 that will be tacked on.Ignore the dealer ratings these guys are amazing.
  • krishnakeskrishnakes Member Posts: 3
    The offer i got today in NJ

RX 350 AWD Navigation with additional options (Nav/Premium/comfort/tow prep/pref access etc etc ) + remote start - offer at 41836 + $900 (in fees including DMV+Etching + prep etc) + sales tax

Is this good?
  • georgiagirl13georgiagirl13 Member Posts: 24
    Hi All,

I am considering leasing a 2010 Lexus Rx350 sometime early next year. I currently lease a BMW that I will return in February. I’ve read some of the entries in this forum regarding the deals being made on the RX and it appears that generally everyone is getting about $5K off of the MSRP. I didn’t negotiate a good deal with my current BMW lease so I want to be a much better negotiator this time around. My question is can I expect the price of the new 350 to decrease at all in the next 1 or 2 months? I wasn’t sure if when the 2010 year started the price would waver a little or if it was pretty much solid until the next release comes? I live in the Atlanta area and I’m looking to lease a 350 with Nav for 36 months/15,000 miles. What type of price should I be expecting/negotiating?

Any advice you can offer would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    In New Jersey, many got their Rx-350 with arounf 5K off from MSRP. But currently, it appears to be difficult the get this discount. Maybe it is begining of the month. Generally, dealers are ready to make deals towards end of the month and are more eager towards end of a quarter. But there are no guarantees that same will hold true next year. Lexus and many other auto makers are not mass producing the cars like they used to and with deliberate low inventory of cars in dealerships, dealers are not that desperate to sell below invoice. But a good rule of thumb, a RX-350 with MSRP of 47250 should go for 42-42.6K. I dont think you can easily get a 5K discount on RX-350 with lower MSRP.
    My friend who totaled his BMW in an accident was surprised to get the replacement at close to invoice as BMW is also giving great deals till year end.
  • raj27raj27 Member Posts: 6
    Hi All,

I am thinking about buying a used 2009 Lexus Rx350 FWD. It has Navigation, DVD/Entertainment system with dual screen on the back. Rain sensing wipers, leather and moonroof and has been driven for around 31000 miles. The asking price that we settled on right now is around 32500 +TTL.

Considering that new base model of lexus will be sold for around $37000 with 5000 off base MSRP and as this vechile has got too many miles am concerned if this vechile worth the price or I should buy a new one instead.

Please advice and share your thoughts on this ?

Also advice what you think should be my target price for this vechile ?

Thanks in Advance
    Done deal!
    Called Tri in the morning, got Dave L (their internet guy) and offered 42K for AWD vehicle with Navigation. He said he would check with his Manager and call back. After three hr. I called again and this time got Jack B on phone. Explained to him about earlier conversation with Dave and that 42K price came from Edmunds forum where there are references of their matching Ray Catena prices. Half an hr. later got call back from Dave that the deal was done as long as I picked the vehicle color from their inventory. Drove to dealership in the afternoon, they had the color I wanted and settled.
    So 2010 AWD RX 350 (with navigation, comfort, premium, Tow, remote starter and destination etc.) MSRP $47625. Price paid 42K plus tax, title etc. Will pick the vehicle this Saturday.
    I have to admit that these folks at Tri are very nice and friendly, no pressure and try to please.
    Thanks to all the folks who posted their experiences here so that one is able to get best deals
  • solstice4solstice4 Member Posts: 11
    In my opinion this is much too high for the miles on it. Even if you don't want the '10 due to styling etc, I'm sure you can get an '09 with a lot fewer miles at a better price. I also don't think you will be able to get a '10 with $37K msrp for 5K off--typically that discount is coming with a 47K msrp (I got a '10 for 42 with a 47.7 msrp)....good luck!
  • solstice4solstice4 Member Posts: 11
    You may want to check out the Lexus owners forum--they have a good thread on leasing deals folks have been getting. Not sure anyone can tell if prices will be discounted any more in the future. New model year is supposed to come out in Sept. with minor changes, so not sure how much that will impact '10 prices....good luck!
    Just wanted to add few more items on my experience. I was looking for the vehicle for almost a month yet the dealers were not willing to match the price. I even called outside state dealers in Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland and Virgina. Pohanka Lexus in Virginia was worst and never even bothered to call back with what inventory they had. Towson Lexus in Maryland said they had never gone 5K off any MSRP (yet earlier in the forum there are references of otherwise). My best experience was with Lexus of Wilmington in Delaware. These guys are extremely nice and helpful. They did not have the car with features I wanted so they did the national search for me right on the phone and gave me nearest location of where the car was. One was in transit to south which they offered to divert for me and one was completing the production line in Canada which they offered to hold for me. Really amazing service!
  • prodriver11prodriver11 Member Posts: 2
    It was an RX350, odo had 5500 miles on it.