Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• snsnsnsn Member Posts: 56
    My sales agent stated that they would only be offering $500 off the sticker price on 2008's, which are due to hit the lot in a couple weeks. He did quote $37,301 for the following on a 2007 white RX350:

Vehicle Base $37,400
    Factory Installed Accessories: FT PM RS TO
    Port Installed Accessories ..: C1 WL
    Total Accessories: $2,186
    Destination Charge: $750

Total $40,301

Edmunds has the dealer invoice at $35,588 and TMV at $39,903. I am in NE Florida and there is only one Lexus dealership in my town. He gave me a verbal quote on trading in my 2006 BMW, which was very low. I think he can go lower on the price and higher on the trade-in.
  • bann1810bann1810 Member Posts: 15
    You may want to check with JM Lexus in Miami they are the #1 Lexus dealer in the Country. Have not purchased from them but understand they are aggressive in there pricing.
  • kkhomekkhome Member Posts: 9
    I had same equip with you and same MSRP 41496. Purchased it at 1/20/2007. Price is 35k including tax+dmv fee. Get the deal in
    the putname redwood city. It seem the FWD car of 2007 are running out. The dealer could give you the good price for 2008 new one coming out this week.
    Sorry,,should be "35k plus tax+dmv fee" not " included"..hehe.
  • snsnsnsn Member Posts: 56
    After looking at my trade, the price has now dropped. Before it was $37,301 less trade $21,000 (verbal quote) = $16,301 plus tax, tag and title. Now the offer is $12,613 (drive off) which includes tax, tag and title. I am looking at both the Infiniti FX35 and Lexus RX350. I like the look of the FX35 and it comes with more standard features. Hubby prefers the RX350 since it's roomier and has better gas mileage.
  • gandalf1gandalf1 Member Posts: 62
    kkhome: Congratulations, you done good! Enjoy the car! :)
  • gandalf1gandalf1 Member Posts: 62
    snsn: Yes, I like the FX35 also, but I think the RX has more of a timeless style that will still look good for a long time to come. Maybe the FX35 will too, but it is a little more 'out there' if you know what I mean..
    Gandalf1: Hehe, I also like the FX35 but my wife still prefer the RX350....We did love this car after 2 weeks driving. You and you family also enjoy the car,too
    SNSN
    Also love the FX35 and if mpg wasn't and issue the FX45 would be my choice. $12,613 sounds better but just depends on the model, condition and mileage of the BMW. $37,301. for an RX350 that has an invoice of $35,588. is not a good deal. Its always good to make buying the new vehicle and selling your car to them 2 separate dealings, dealers love to mix the two to confuse buyers. I have a January NADA book if you would like me to check the value of the BMW. email me if I can help.
  • cappiebcappieb Member Posts: 2
    Thank you to all who have posted prices. It has been so helpful to me in figuring out how much I should have to pay. Your posts reassured me that I didn't have to pay anywhere near the $43,056 MSRP on my Lexus (All-Wheel Drive, No nav). So here's what I did: I hope it helps someone else. This week, I made a few polite internet inquiries at Longo, Westminster, Mission Viejo. Longo didn't respond for a couple of days. I haven't heard from Westminster yet. But the internet guy at Mission Viejo gave me a price of $36,044 in a couple of hours. Longo's offer came in late, and $760 higher. We bought it at Mission Viejo Lexus today. It was a very nice experience there, straightforward, no games.
    Cappieb
    Congratulations, sounds like you got a excellent price on your RX. Enjoy that new ride.
  • abeyabey Member Posts: 1
    Could anyone know whens 08 version comming out, is it good to go with 07, i am looking at AWD with Premium package, invoice says, 45705 in MO, any suggestion if i could get lower than that or how should i proceed, this would be my first car.
  • gtophgtoph Member Posts: 22
    I tried a broker as well. It doesn't cost anything and the more quotes you can get the better I feel. The dealers in colorado wouldn't do much for me (though I was looking for the 400h not the 350). I did called/visit the local dealers and also got right around what the broker quoted me as well though.

I also used the fleetrates.com website and there quote was pretty good as well... better than the brokers.

As it turns out, after reading a lot of stories on the forums, I got the best deal on my own with a dealer out california. Even with shipping back to denver it was a deal. Like I say, I was looking at the 400h, but you might want to shop out of state on your own for the 350. The FWD seems to be more popular in Cali, so if your after an AWD you have an little more negotiating power there.
  • lexus3507lexus3507 Member Posts: 2
    cappieb: Which package did you get with your RX 350? Also, how much was it OTD? Thanks in advance.
  • 3626536265 Member Posts: 2
    You might want to see if you can find an 07 - they are going at really good discounts until the 07 inventory is exhausted. I had a good deal on a 08 $45706 sticker
    but when it arrived backed out after seeing the chrome door handles. Did not like them at all. Was still able to find the same vehicle as an 07 with another dealer and went that route for $1600 below invoice on the older model vehicle.
  • lokielokie Member Posts: 8
    Just want to share experience as I had been reading the posts for like 5 months before I bought mine.

Bought it on 1/31 at Stevens Creek because they had the color I want and was welling to accept my offer of $42,888 OTD (which was $1,5xx below invoice can't exactly remember the amount). I emailed 3 dealers mainly in the peninsula (i.e. Serramonte and Putnam), but only Stevens Creek agreed to my OTD offer. Overall experience with Stevens Creek was great. Agreed everything via email and when I got there, I just took the RX for a spin and I was outta there in like 2 to 2.5 hours. The experience of buying a lexus is so easy and time saving comparing to my previous experience buying other new cars.

Did financing through an online bank/loaner - was able to get 5.99% apr for 3 years. I would suggest to use an online bank/loaner if u can't get 5.99% or lower elsewhere. I was also waiting to see if Lexus has any special financiing (waited like 3 months) and never seen it. So finally decided to buy it using the online loaner before the 08's are out.

Thanks to all those who previously posted their buying experience and prices paid as reading your posts helped me a lot.
  • roman7roman7 Member Posts: 15
    Hi gtoph!
    Can you tell any dealer in CA that you have got your 400H AWD. I also in the market to lease one. They have special lease now!
    Thank you! :)
  • tenet1tenet1 Member Posts: 354
    When does the new bodystyle RX come out? I am in the market for a RX350 and wanted to know if the '08 is changed much or not. Also, what price is everyone paying for their RX's over (or under) invoice
    Thanks
  • glk2glk2 Member Posts: 13
    Hi gtoph ~ Interested in finding out the dealership in CA you worked with; shipping costs; and if you purchased or leased? I have been in contact with several (thanks to this forum), but one who is giving me a great price can't seem to figure out how to do a lease in Colorado....glk
    I don't want to hijack this thread too much as it is for 350's, but I contacted quite a few in CA (mostly southern). The two best quotes I got came from riverside and westminster (both just outside of LA). I've posted more details in the 400h forum.

Real quick though... I purchased (as they said they can't do out of state financing and I wasn't interested in a lease.. I don't know if that's really true or not) and shipping was around 600
  • poodiepoodie Member Posts: 22
    shouldn't you guys be somewhere like the RX400h thread?!?!

anyway, had a MSRP of 44,149, 2wd RX350, white, navi.

got it at a before tax, license etc price of 37,500 at longo.

mission viejo was cheapest at 36,885. but too far away for me and company car, not my own, so my boss said, don't bother, just go to Longo, anyway, got to have chinese food at monterey park after.

all this is before any taxes and fees. collected today. well, I still prefer the black FJ cruiser i picked up for myself on Saturday, out the door, 28,120. haha.
  • geoguy1geoguy1 Member Posts: 1
    I want to thank everyone on this board, especially cappieb for posting price info. I also contacted Mission Viejo Lexus, and am picking up my 2007 RX350 AWD ("43" model) for $36,044 plus TTL. The Lexus sales stiffs up here in No Cal could not match that number. Additionally some were rude about price matching (something that suprised me). Talked to Daniella and Mike, and no hassles. Again, thanks!
  • kansashuskerkansashusker Member Posts: 5
    Cappieb, can you tell me what the MSRP was for your RX350 and if you got the navigation or not. Anyone have any good buying experiences in the midwest?
  • kaykay1kaykay1 Member Posts: 3
    I want thank everyone on this board,especially Charles12, Zopuhd and Vipul.
    Bought it at DCH Lexus of Oxnard, AWD, Premium plus pkg, Heated Seats, 18" Alloy wheels, Tow prep, Wheel locks, etc.
    MSRP $43056 and paid $37000 without Tax, Title, Doc fee. Saved another $500 using Lexus Visa card. Shipment cost $750 since I shipped the vehicle to mid-west, where I live.

All transactions are done thru Internet and everything went fine. I am very happy and the driving experience is excellent.

Thanks to all those who previously posted their buying experience and prices paid and your posts helped me a lot.
    :)
  • wudaddywudaddy Member Posts: 1
    i just bought a RX 350 AWD from Park Place Lexus in Grapevine with premium plus package and navi and tow package today. MSRP was $46,121 and i got $40,400 after threatening with offers from Sewell which was legit but decided to go with Park Place cause they had the exact car on lot and didn't have to bring it in. i also got them to give me $2000 above KBB for my truck. Overall i was very pleased with the purchase experience and didn't have to hassle with sitting at the dealership all day. i would suggest dealing over the phone and email it is much more pleasant. i'll pick up the car saturday so we'll see how all that goes.
  • tony72tony72 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone got a great deal on an RX 350 AWD with Premium package in Monmouth County or Northern NJ? Would appreciate any input.
  • cidsparkscidsparks Member Posts: 4
    Looking for the same thing in North Jersey? My gut is that prices will drift lower now that 08s are coming out. Do you know the dealers in North Jersey have gotten these yet? Need to buy something in the next two weeks.
  • michie2michie2 Member Posts: 3
    Ray Catena lexus or bridewater lexus which are in central nj, somerset and monmouth. You could get a 2007 fully equipped with nav for about 40,500 including everything except for doc, license and registration fees.
  • robin94539robin94539 Member Posts: 5
    got a quote of $38700 for a 07 RX350 with AWD and Nav(MSRP $45706), is it a good deal?
    Can I ask how much you paid for shipping back to CO?
    I'd say $2,000 under invoice is a great deal, particularly if the dealership still has or can get the color you want....
    From So. Cali to south Denver was 630. Check out http://www.transportreviews.com/ for a reputable shipper. I used 1stcallauto and didn't have any issues.
  • johnlw1johnlw1 Member Posts: 3
    Sounds like a good deal. What dealership in No.Cal.?
    Just picked my RX350($37100 for 2WD+Nav), really love it! Also spent $2375 for 7year/100k extended warrantee(I can get it back within 30days), do I need to keep it? Thanks in advance.

:confuse: ">
    I've checked around and haven't had that low of a price quoted me. What dealer in No.Cal?
    and exactly why won't you give the name?????
  • mantenarmantenar Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I am also looking for RX 350. Can you provide me the location and sale contact if you do not mind.
  • arunb7arunb7 Member Posts: 2
    Folks,
    Just want to let you know that I bought '07 RX350,
    fully loaded (FWD, Nav, Mark Levinson, Entertainment,
    Alloy wheels, wheel locks,.....) of MSRP 47330 for
    40,800/- (not including tax + vehicle licence fee).

I got the color I wanted Flint Mica and the vehicle is
    simply awesome. The transaction was extremely smooth
    and with no pressure from the dealership or hard sell.
    Infact they handed over the keys for test ride with
    no dealership personal accompanying us. We were off for
    25 mins :)

I'd like to thank all the people and postings in this
    site which was extremely resourceful for us to make
    appropriate decisions and on pricings.

You might want to contact Satish from Putnam incase you
    are looking for the right vehicle. He is an elderly person,
    very transparent and has lots of patience to explain/answer
    any queries.

Thank you all once again,
  • cappiebcappieb Member Posts: 2
    I'm a little late responding to your question, sorry. We were out of town on a family ski trip. Didn't take the lovely new Lexus, though; I couldn't stand the idea of getting it dirty yet! My car has an MSRP of $43,056. It's all-wheel drive. No nav and no upgraded audio. Like almost every other RX I saw, it has 18" wheels, heated seats, rain-sensing wipers, tow pkg, & Luxury Value pkg: leather, moon roof, etc. My price was 36,044, plus Ca. sales tax and Ca. title registration.
  • dunde71dunde71 Member Posts: 33
    You can get the extended warranty 7yr/100k for $1855. Go to http://www.warrantieslexus.com/lexus.html.

I showed my dealer this web site and he price matched it. You dont have to buy the warranty from the same dealership where you bought the vehicle.
    Hi Arunb7,
    Good job to have a awesome deal.Do your deal come
    with 235 tire and 18 inch tire wheel ? By the way,
    what kind of tire in your car ? Michillin or goodyears ?
  • arunb7arunb7 Member Posts: 2
    Yes it came with FT option (P235/55VR18 Tires).
    The tire is of make goodyear.
  • simplyjsimplyj Member Posts: 15
    Hello,
    I live in the MD-DC-VA metro area. I'm in the market for a GS350 AWD and I wanted to see how much others we paying for it. I'm looking for one with the Mark Levinson Nav package and heated/cooled ventilated front seats.

I tried using Edmunds dealer quote system. So far it's been an unrewarding experience. Lindsay Lexus of Alexandria would only quote me the MSRP over the phone (gee thanks :mad: )and he insisted that I come into the dealership to discuss the car in detail. Hopefully I'll have a better experience with the other Lexus dealers.

Is the GS350 AWD really in high demand in this area? Can anyone give me any advice or pointers? Thanks in advance!
  • azslackerazslacker Member Posts: 1
    Hi All,

We are looking to get a FWD RX with Premium Pkg. We really want the bluetooth option.

Is this only available with the Mark Levinson/Rear Camera Pkg?? Please clarify.

Thanks.
  • jako1jako1 Member Posts: 23
    Hi All, I bought a RX350 from Lexus of Seattle, offered them $500 over invoice and they settled for it.
  • mememe2mememe2 Member Posts: 2
    I have in writing a deal on a '08 RX 350 AWD with Nav. for $41,500 TOTAL. Is this a good deal? Have until Saturday to decide.
  • rod383rod383 Member Posts: 1
    Can you be a little more specific about your RX350 purchase? Year, MSRP, Amount paid. Thanks
  • Volvo73Volvo73 Member Posts: 1
    Try Pohanka Lexus in Chantilly. Lindsay Lexus is not easy to work with over the phone. They are very defensive and pushy.

Also try Richmond Lexus.
  • jako1jako1 Member Posts: 23
    Its was a 2007 RX350 AWD, Brand new, 11 miles on it, Premium Plus, with 18" wheels, wheel locks, heated seats with rain sensing wipers, towing prep package etc ... I checked edmunds, Yahoo and MSN auto and applied all the options it had with the (build your own with options selection) and the invoice price came out to be $38,003 in all cases, I had drove ny a day earlier to check all the options it had and went to negotiate the next day. I started my negotiation with $38,000 ... sales person started with $43,056 (MSRP) and about 3 hours later (intense negotiation), I walked away with $38,500 + Tax and Title ...., Its black with grey interior which was EXACTLY what I wanted. Toyota gives $400 over invoice, so I set my limit to $500 over invoice. Considered going to California, that would have cost me 900 miles or approx $900 + a little hassle I guess. Hope it helps you or anyone. Thanks.