Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sgangwanisgangwani Member Posts: 2
    Hi

I'm looking to buy 2010 Rx 350 and best offer I received is 36k ( reduced from msrp of 36,995) from prestige lexus in Ramsey New jersey. The car has 26K miles. color: starfire pearl with light gray interiors. The dealer is adamant is not willing to go down down any more. Is this a good price?

Also in addition to price dealer is charging

$285 documentary fees
    $350 for disposition fees

Is there any room to negotiate on documentary and disposition fees?

Of course in addition to this i have to pay DMV and taxes

Please let me know what are you views as the dealer is going to wait only till Monday morning

thank you
  • nazzy100nazzy100 Member Posts: 82
    edited April 2012
    A few questions:

MSRP of 36995 ? Perhaps you mean his asking price was 36995 when you walked in, and he came down only 995 ?

What is a disposition fee for ? We know about Doc fees.

Also is this a CPO car ?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    edited April 2012
    Your personal security is important to us, so please do not post your email address in a message.

You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Please do not post your e-mail address within your message... those posts will be deleted.

Thanks!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• kodenkoden Member Posts: 5
    So I got an offer for the RX350 with premium package, Parking assistant, backup camera, & heated ventilated seat for $40,000. What do you think of the price?
  • sgoreliksgorelik Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

I am getting the following offer on a 36mo 12k mi lease
    MSRP - 49,360 (Comfort, Premium, NAV package)
    monthly payment - $535 (including NYC taxes)
    Upfront - $1500

Does that sound right?
  • pjamesepjamese Member Posts: 15
    Seems like a good price. Thats more than $4k off MSRP, right?
  • sep2sep2 Member Posts: 9
    how much under msrp should i expect on a 2013 lexus rx 350
    thanks!!!
    p.s have there been anymore sightings at any dealers im in florida
  • hazmartyhazmarty Member Posts: 32
    That sounds pretty good, with $1500 down and an 8.75% city sales tax rate built in. What is the "sell price" on that....about $45.8K?
    I am looking for the same, but with 15K miles in the NY Metro area. What dealer are you working with?
  • mywifesbugginmywifesbuggin Member Posts: 2
    Hi everyone, I was at Woodfield Lexus last night, and I looked at the 2013 Rx 350. I was not impressed in the style of the bumper and the new red that is coming out. So I decided to purchase the Matador Red with Parchment, loaded up with navi, awd, MSRP is around $49,5xx.00. They are giving me the truck for $500.00 over invoice which is the new invoice, and basically coming out to $46,985.00. I have no other Lexus to qualify for the Loyalty, however I do have an 08 Acura Mdx, which that $1,500.00 discount ended a few months back. At any rate the new finance rate is 0.9% for 60 months and I want to take advantage of that, however I am wondering am I paying too much for the car? They have the color I want but not the 19" wheels which I am willing to live with. HELP! I am going to buy this car maybe tonight or tomorrow at the latest. It is an AWD also and every dealer I talked to around here is all saying the same $500.00 over? I see people on this site getting great deals and I want that too. I appreciate any responses to this issue.
  • sgoreliksgorelik Member Posts: 4
    Not sure what the sell price since they simply gave me the quote.
    The dealer is Tri County in Little Falls, NJ.
    that is correct. I also got another offer without the park assist for $39000 so it's about $44k out the door (tax is 7.75), not sure if I can go lower than this?
  • pa1974pa1974 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2012 with AWD and Nav yesterday. With auto start and Mud Flaps added on as well I paid $45K. I thought I could have done better than that had I known that Acura just came out with major incentives on the 2012 MDX.
    I negotiated the price on Saturday and found out 20 minutes before picking up the car on Monday about the MDX incentives.

My only advice to you is that the 2013 has so many more great features. If you can get them to give you a 2013 for the price you have above I would make that deal. But there is more room on the 2012's.

My dealer had over 20 2012's on his lot along with another 10 to 12 2013's, which the salesman did not want me to see. That helped me get the car down to the $45K with the additional accessories.

Good Luck
  • gqscholargqscholar Member Posts: 18
    I'm guessing that price is for a 2012.

As of right now, your pretty much on your own when it comes to getting the best price for a 2012.

Everything is so crazy right now, IMO there are only a few dealerships in certain areas like Cal that are willing to give under invoice deals for the 2012 Lexus.

Many of the below invoice deals you are reading are from dealers who still had rx 2012 that were purchased by the dealer prior to mid Feb, when the invoice price went up around 2k.

I would email around 2-3 dealers even if it means contacting a dealer 80 miles or so away and try to get the best deal you can. Usually the bigger/ higher volumn the dealer, the better the deals on the 2012 RX

Now onto the 2013 RX

From what I have researched dealers are only selling the 2013 for MSRP. There has been some feelers by some, who knew some dealers by name and were able to try to get a oral deal (nothing in writing for a 2013 rx 350) at 1k below MSRP if there is inventory on the lot come sept. But again, its nothing in writing and based off the assumption that by sept, the dealer will be able to discount them more.
  • mywifesbugginmywifesbuggin Member Posts: 2
    I just bought the truck this evening, different dealer with the package I really wanted which was Heads up display, also the 19" wheels, picked it up for $500.00 below invoice. Im sure I left money on the table but I have looked and this was the only one in my area with the color combo and package I wanted. Also the 0.9% helped out too. Thanks all for the replies. Get this the finance manager would not sell me the warranty for $100.00 over invoice, I told him this what I aways pay he told me he would not sell it for that much period and let me purchase the truck without one. I am surprised that his ego got in the way of his company making money and himself. Some of these guys should not be in the postions they are in.
  • nemesis08nemesis08 Member Posts: 7
    I live in the same area and spoke to same dealer. can you let us know about the rebates and how to get them?
  • bhl1bhl1 Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone have any guidance as to how much negotiating room there is for a 2012 RX450h with MSRP of 56,120? Also any idea as to when the 2013 RX450h will be arriving at dealers?
  • observer157observer157 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I am thinking of buying a new 2012 RX 350. It has AWD, does not have Nav, but has the parking assist. Everything else standard, nothing too fancy. What is a fair price you would pay? Dealer wants 41 but we are concerned that we can get a better price in a few wks/months with the 2013's coming out now? THANK YOU!!
  • mishmoshhmishmoshh Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking into purchasing a 2010 RX350 AWD. I'm wondering if I should hold out on the purchase until the 2013 rx 350 comes out in July. Do you think there will be a be a markdown and how much? Thank you!!!
  • liza4liza4 Member Posts: 4
    I was told that 43 for a premium packg. is a great deal but its in Illinois so it all depends where you are located. How much would be for a new2012 Rx with nav?
  • observer157observer157 Member Posts: 2
    That's what I'm wondering too, what will the price be in July once 2013's hit. Actually I've already seen 2013's out there for sale right now. I was told that Lexus did something the past few yrs where their older models will sell really fast due to low inventory and thus if you wait you may not get the model you want... at least that's what the dealer said to try to get me to buy now.
    i notice in my inventory check of all dealers in my 200 mile radius they dont have my favorite
    color combination white exterior and black interior. i was wondering if the reason is that
    its a popular combo or is it undesirable and they dont have many. it seems the gray and
    parchement are very easy to find.
    thanks!!!
    we just bought 2012 RX350, white with parchment, premium + park assist + backup w/out navigation. We paid $39K + tax & licence, out the door @ about $42500.
    edited May 2012
    Great Deal, did you use any incentives to get that price?

What location?

Was it AWD or FWD?
    What would be a great deal for 2012rx 350 with nav. The best that I was offered was 48 plus tax>
  • tim166tim166 Member Posts: 3
    Just picked up the car last week - with the following packages and options: premium, tow prep, preferred assessory, heated and ventilated front seats, wood and leather wrapped st wheel and shift knob, back up monitor, and remote engine start. Paid $424xx plus TT etc.
    Nice

Is it AWD or FWD?
  • tim166tim166 Member Posts: 3
    AWD, obsidian color.
    pick up my 2013 rx 350 on thursday. white with black interior. 49.600 msrp
    dont expect to much of a deal anytime soon. trading in my 2010 rx/ in florida
    Didn't use any incentives, it is FWD. Purchased at South County in Mission viejo, California.
    I got an offer with nag for $43K plus tax, but we didn't need it so we went w/out nav. I think 48K is too much, at that price you can go for the 2013.
    CA

Figures

CA gets all the best deals. Much better than I get here on the East Coast.

I guess it bc of the competition and various taxes you have, over there including a big sales tax figure that dealers really go out of there way to give huge discounts on their Lexus
  • ang33iefang33ief Member Posts: 63
    Today bought this vehicle with preminum package, back up camera, parking assist, towing package, it was a lease vehicle with 9980 miles. A beautiful light blue in color, front wheel drive. A few other little extras. Price $35,000 plus tax and title. The only dealer in Florida who would go that low for a vehicle with that mileage and that color.
    Where are you located?
  • rx350texasrx350texas Member Posts: 4
    Can someone please verify if 36900k( includes ttl)is too much to pay for a 2010 RX 350, 49m miles, premium with navigation, also certified. New tires, looks brand new inside. It was a leased vehicle, serviced all by dealer that car was purchased from? Thanks for any or all responds.
  • mishmoshhmishmoshh Member Posts: 2
    I was told the same thing yesterday. I better " hurry up and buy because soon there aren't going to be many 2009's around." Hmmmmm......I really like the 2010 but not sure if the price will drop significantly due to the release of the 2013. I saw the 2013's for sale at the dealer too!
    edited May 2012
    texas:

Apparently no trade is involved here.

Did you book it out on Edmunds here or another ? I did not. What did you get ?

49000 miles is a bit higher than the average per year, BUT, most likely that car was taken car of and serviced properly by the previous lessee.

Keep in mind, that you will have 50,000 miles remaining on the CPO warranty, and 3 years, whichever comes first. Not bad, considering most new cars only give you that or less, when brand new.

I see the ttl is included so I will assume the $36900 IS the final out the door price ? Very important. Is that correct ?

I assume you are in Texas by your name here, so the area of the country does make a difference on prices, no doubt.

IF that 36900 is the full out the door price, that means he is selling you that car for about 34500, plus tax, license, and Title fees. I'm estimating you have a 7% texas sales tax, and perhaps $3-400 is the license on this deal.So, lets keep in mind $34500 is the price of the car(that's the deal you are getting), as sales Tax, license, and title fees, are constants, the dealer has no control over two of those, he makes no profit on the first two, and the other most dealers won't budge much on although you can offer to split that with him, by taking half of it off the 36900

. Tell him the car is now 3 years old, since his 2013's are on the lot now. He's booking that car as if it's a two year old car, in his favor. Tel him that. See if he'll chop off another $500 and tell him you'll write him the check right there.
    ALSO, make sure the dealer performed the full 50000 mile warranty in writing, so you don't get stuck paying that in a few weeks . I'm betting he did when he took it in, but check anyway. It should be entered in the on board nav by them also when they did it, and certified it.

If you like that car,(no doubt) and have really worked this dealer ,and he is done discounting, I say that is not a bad deal for your part of the country.

Again the part of the country really makes a difference on what deals folks get. You have to compare apples to apples, for the area you live in.

We can look at all kinds of deals on this forum, but remember, most of us are in different parts of the country. And used cars are always hard to compare, anywhere.

Let us know.
    36900 does include ttl. I will go back to dealer monday to present $36400, due to car being 3 years, 2013 models are on the floor and verify again 50k main was taken care of. Thank you :)!
    edited May 2012
    Good luck and do let us know what happens.

He might try to split the diff with you, which would be a decent deal, but even if not, I think it's a good deal as long as NO other fees are added on to the 36900 or the split if you get that.

Yes, you can buy a similar car in Calif(as I did and others on here but they were new Rx's) and work a better deal, than elsewhere on same car, BUT, we don't know if you want to travel and take your chances doing that, on a CPO.
    No matter where you buy it and what you pay for it, there will be others who got a better, or a worse deal. Usually, here, we don't hear from those who got the worse deal. Remember, you are buying a 2010, the year of the new body and suspension changes.....those cars are at a premium as CPO's. Earlier years have dropped in values because of that.

Also be prepared in texas or anywhere for him to try to sell you another extended warranty beyond the certified when it ends. They make a ton of profit on those.
  • butterfliesbutterflies Member Posts: 15
    Hi,

Just want to let you know that in year 2010 I bought Rx 350 year 2008 which it's similar situation like yours but the drive out was $33000 and they shipped it to my door. I lived in Houston, TX bought the car in California, this is also included tax, title, shipping, certified car, 19" wheel, new break, new tires, navigation, wood trim and 29K miles.

You can negotiate better than this price. I'm thinking 36+K is way too expensive for a used car 49K miles. I'd rather get a brand new one instead if I were you since you only pay $7k more to get a brand new one. The reason we bought a used one because we owned a restaurant and got this car for the delivery otherwise we would get a brand new one instead.

Just my 2 cents ...hope this help.

Good luck.
    Thanks butterflies, can you provide the dealership information that you purchased your 2008 RX 350?
  • 004004 Member Posts: 5
    I've been offered a deal for a 2012 RX350 with the premium package with these options - backup camera, heated seats, parking sensor, and 19 inch wheels. The drive off cost the dealer quoted me is 40,300. I'm not sure if I should negotiate any lower than this. The MSRP is around 45,000. Should I negotiate to say around 39,500? Or, would this be pushing too low? Any advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    edited May 2012
    texas:

Tell me what the price this dealer had the car listed at when you first walked in the dealership ? Before any negotiating.
    edited May 2012
    when you say the drive off cost, does that include tax and tags.

either way its a steal IMO. around 11% + off of MSRP, thats nothign to sneeze at.

What state is the dealer in?

is it a lease or a purchase?
    $36900
    edited May 2012
    I just now booked the car on edmunds, and I get a rough $33500 RETAIL CPO with the 49000 miles on it.

Or if it had average miles of 36000 miles, it would book for $35000.

So those extra miles knocked it down $1500 at least.

Again those are retail book prices i.e. high book that dealers use to start off with.

Now that I booked it out...go for another $1000 off with your check book out, not $500 more off.

The unknown here with your dealer is he may think he can sell it to some one else for his price no matter what the miles on it. Maybe so.

If you drive a lot, consider how many miles you will have on it in three years , or if 100, 000 miles comes first. Then it will be hard to sell or trade with 100,000 miles on it. That scares people, even though the car may be good for another 100,000, even without a warranty.

Lots of variables as you can see, and each of us have different situations. Only you know what yours is. So, take another $1000 off his offer the other day.

You'll then be buying the car right around $33000 plus TTL. ..And you want that particular one you say. Or, look around some more elsewhere or wait for more to come in. Keepin mind, more 2010, will be coming in if those folks buy the 2013 too.
    This is a purchase. No trade-in involved. This is in Atlanta, GA.
    This includes tax, title, etc.
  • sailakfansailakfan Member Posts: 28
    Do you mind sharing the dealership name? Thanks
  • butterfliesbutterflies Member Posts: 15
    Hi

It's Lexus of Valencia.

Good luck
  • mailman13mailman13 Member Posts: 9
    40,300 drive-out!!! That is a GREAT deal!!! I'm looking to buy this week end. I live just below Atlanta and the best deal that I found was 43.800 drive out on an RX350 with the same options. That was Hennessy.

After you buy yours would you email me the name of the Dealership? I want the Cerulean blue.

Thanks.