Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rx350_tundrarx350_tundra Member Posts: 3
    Nebula Pearl Gray with light gray interior. AWD, Nav, plus other stuff. MSRP 50307. Negotiated a sale price of 44500. 36 months 15k miles/year. Had top tier credit and got MF of 0.00062. Residual is 56% for this lease. Then, applied a tax credit which lowered sales tax to around 1%. Nothing down, paid $600 out the door and will be paying $533/month.

Decent deal?
  • dgovdgov Member Posts: 3
    Thought I share my recent 2012 RX 350 FWD purchase: $42,898 plus TTL $46,450.84 out the door. Neb Grey w/Black. Feel pretty good about it. What do you think ? Happy to share where I bought it.

PP
    Nav
    AP
    H/V seats
    Intu Park
    Wood/Leather Steer/
  • vb1pavb1pa Member Posts: 50
    Hi, excellent deal, i have similar deal on the table, i think 49k with change msrp, 36/12 with 1500 @515, but that's with NY tax.

Can you tell me about this tax credit you mentioned?
  • liza4liza4 Member Posts: 4
    Would you share where you bought it ?
    Sure would. I went through a broker named New Autos Inc. They negoiated the car from Lexus of Serramonte (Calif). Smoothest transaction I have been involved in. MSRP on the car was $47,075.
  • 004004 Member Posts: 5
    Sure. Once I purchase it, I'll let you know the dealer name.
  • nemesis08nemesis08 Member Posts: 7
    I have been quoted PP/NAV/CP $47200 for 2013, there's still room for negotiation and the interest rates are high too. we are better off with outside banks.
    Lexus doesn't do a lenders for members but they were able to take the sales tax down to 1% basically.
    Yes, the interest rates for 2013 suck right now if you finance through LFS.
    what do you need to ask to get the sales tax down to 1%...is this possible in TX?
    is $47000 + TTL a good price for 2013 Rx 350 with Nav/CP/PP? is there room for negotiation?
  • kbtmomkbtmom Member Posts: 2
    I was thinking of an RX350 with Premium and Comfort Pkgs. I wasn't sure about NAV but two dealers told me that to get NAV, you HAVE to get AWD. They claim that's the only type they ship to Chicagoland. Is this true?
    Is it FWD or AWD. I was quoted 46,383 plus TLL on an AWD 2013 Rx 350. Lexus of San Jose. AWD.
  • mailman13mailman13 Member Posts: 9
    Thanks,

Atlanta's prices are better than JM Lexus. JM was a little better than my local dealerships but not much.
  • slsmartinslsmartin Member Posts: 2
    What have people negotiated for a 2012 Lexus RX 350 with premium, navigational and AWD Packages this week-end. And is there a significant difference from purchasing a 2013 Lexus RX. 350. This is in the San Francisco Bay Area. What would a good price be to purchase a new 2012 this week- end.? I would like AWD, Premium and Navigation al packages
    And in response to dgov buying through anew Autos Inc. for 47,075, was this a 2013 and what packages were purchased with this price.

Seems if if the difference is not great it might be worth purchasing a 2013?

Thank you you for any information.
  • ab10000ab10000 Member Posts: 127
    edited May 2012
    Dealers are giving 5K off plus 1K for financing with lexus for memorial day total 6K bellow MSRP. I did get that quote 5 month ago.
    Now with the new 2013 out and too much inventory on the lot, the target price should be between 8K-11K bellow MSRP on 2012.

On 2013 you can get 5K bellow MSRP also.
  • cboathcboath Member Posts: 1
    Is that memorial day info nationwide or local? If it was nationwide and they offered me that much off the 2012 I looked at today i'd have taken it on the spot. I was given 2k off the sticker price....
  • gqscholargqscholar Member Posts: 18
    the biggest difference is financing.

0.9% for 2012 rx is practically free money and could save you a additional 3-4k over 60 months depending on how much you finance. Make sure you calculate that savings when compared to the higher finance rates available for the 2013.
    I have spoke to many many people, and contacted many others and not heard of any such offers such as getting 5k off of 2013 or 8+ k off of 2012 rx.

The best I have heard and researched was about 5k off of th 2012, at certain dractically over stocked dealerships especially those on the west coast, and around 2500 off of 2013 at CA dealerships, and around 1 k off of 2013 on the east coast
  • sailakfansailakfan Member Posts: 28
    Thanks everybody for the valuable advice and replies. Just bought the following for $41945 and the msrp was $46945, so got just exactly $5000. Initially he took of $4000 for the one without the comfort package and offered $5000 off on one with comfort package. Then without much negotiation came down another $1000 off on the non-comfort package

Wife's preferred interior and exterior, silver exterior and black interior

Nav,
    19 inch wheels
    Heated and Ventilated Seats
    Intuitive Parking Assist
    PP
    Wood and Leather Steering Wheel & Shift Knob

What do you all think?
    Thanks
    Great deal. what state did you get the deal

Thanks
    California, of course but live in Texas. Worth the shipping cost because it is still cheaper and had the exact configuration we were looking.
    Yes indeed.

CA does have the best rpiced RX'x thats for sure.

Good move on your part
  • cysdcysd Member Posts: 8
    RX350 premium pkg, heated seats, parking assist, backup camera, cargo net/mat, wheel lock, wood/leather trimmed wheel, cross bar. MSRP $44674. got offered $38236+fees. which would come out to be $41643.

I thought it was a good deal if it fees are included in the 38k+ price. but is it still a good deal when it's not?
  • rebosrebos Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2012
    Care to share the dealership name and location? Im in the Phoenix AZ area and it would be worth it to drive one home from California..Thanks
  • i_miss_bostoni_miss_boston Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2012
    So looking to buy a 2012 RX350 tomorrow in the Los Angeles area. FWD, Navigation, Premium and Comfort packages. I don't think we need other packages or accessories. Looking to buy instead of lease and the 0.9% financing appeals to us.

Does anyone know: 1) What is the best price we can probably negotiate; and 2) Can we put only 10% down and still take advantage of the low financing?

Thank you!
    edited May 2012
    Hello,

You should be able to negotiate atleast $6000 off msrp. I am in Texas and there were multiple CA dealers offered the $5000 off just over the phone and if had been physically there could have negotiated more. I am still figuring out how to register it here in Texas, and most of the dealers would not be helpful to sell a financed call out of state for the hassles involved I guess.

I did not get the comfort package, but I do remember one of the stickers was $48603 and they offered $43603 right off the bat. Just to give you an idea.

For the 0.9% you can put 10% down provided your credit score. Good luck.
  • nazzy100nazzy100 Member Posts: 82
    edited May 2012
    Caution:

rebos in AZ.:

If you buy in Calif yet live in AZ, you will have to pay Ca sales tax IF you drive it in CA as a new sold car.

Then AZ, when you get there with it will hit you too, as it is your residence, and the law requires you to register and tag it in AZ. And pay tax in AZ.

The car now, with present tax laws, needs to be transported , NOT DRIVEN.

Be Very careful of this and follow the laws of both states.

By the way several good dealers in CA know transport companies and will set that up for you IF you buy from them. They also know Ca laws on a new car driven IN Calif. Ask the Ca Dealer(a Manager)..they know it.

Again..be careful.

Transport from So. Ca to Phoenix won't be that bad, based on mileage. If you get a great deal like many here have, it more than offsets the transporting.

When will the Phoenix -AREA, Lexus dealers, ever realize the sales they are losing to Ca dealers, by being too greedy in their deals--or non deals ? Another reason they don't have allocation , which is based on sales, not profit made per vehicle. They know it, they just feel they can get by with it. Ca dealers have large inventory, as they serve a large population, thus allocation. And they go for volume as well as a sprinkling of some big profit sales too. AZ apparently can't ,and won't even try to move more cars to get better inventories.

They seem to have the attitude that they have a captive audience. Silly isn't it, with CA being right next door and so easy to get too.
    It's in Escondido,ca.
  • 004004 Member Posts: 5
    Hi,

We just purchased the car over the weekend for 40,300. The dealer was Nalley Lexus of Smyrna. All the negotiations were done over the phone prior to us visiting the dealer. Thanks.
  • gwalnutgwalnut Member Posts: 5
    Thanks to cysd for the info. I got the deal from Escondido Lexus, CA last night and like to share:
    2012 RX350 AWD. with premium pkg and a few other options. msrp $45808. I got it for $39465. plus TTL. I am happy with it. Also been told that today will be the last day of the clearence.
    Cheer!
    kbtmom:

That has to be pure nonsense. I'd report that guy who told you that.

Call another dealer, or call Lexus at the 800 number. 1-800-255-3987 option 2.
    They will tell you it's pure nonsense, and I hope you'll report the dealers who told you that.

Now, if that dealer doesn't have a RX FWD with Nav in STOCK, that could be, but that's a long way from saying you can't get one without AWD .Hope you got the name of the sales person who told you it can't be done.
  • thuanphan74thuanphan74 Member Posts: 1
    I went to Lexus Dealer in KC on 5/29 and told them I'll buy a 2012 RX350 w/o NAV for $5,000 off MSRP and they didn't budge. They said 2013 is selling for $1,000 off MSRP. I told them to give me a call when they change their mind. Should I try a different dealership or this is how it is in the Midwest.
    edited May 2012
    thuanphan:

Remind that dealer that you are not after a 2013, and don't care about it being only $1000 of of MSRP, you are offering on a 2012, not a 13. His point is apples to oranges for you.

'Dealer's Discounts' especially on a 2012 now, do vary by parts of the country for the most part and change often depending on his supply and demand. As well as his allocation.

Also, Factory incentives to the Dealer directly definitely make a big difference how much a particular will and when discount a deal. Those usually only happen once in a while each year.

So when most dealers won't budge much at all on price, it's usually because factory incentives are over for a while, and he's on his own really. Usually Factory direct incentives to dealers bring about large/often TV ads for the particular models, i.e. advertising blitz at the National level. Similar to say Subway national TV ads, with the $5 sub deals. As franchise owners of Lexus or Subway, the Dealer gets help from the factory, not only for the ads being run, but usually at certain times, a cash incentive also per unit sold, above and beyond, the usual Holdbacks etc.

One thing we know for sure- California especially southern CA dealers on Lexus have really been giving large discounts compared to the rest of the country. They of course have the traffic and huge population, thus they sell volume, and volume sales mean more allocation for Lexus. More inventory means good deals .

Those dealers in smaller populations with less car buying anyway, have less inventory, and need more mark-up per unit to offset their lack of volume.
    However, those same smaller dealers , remember, still do get the once in a while cash incentive from the factory, all their dealers do, Lexus does not discriminate on that, so then, they can also do better for the buyer.

Several car makers operate the same way.

One tough issue on the Lexus RX is, that it is so popular, still, I think the number one luxury SUV sold in America. It's a Sellers(dealers) market, lots of the time .

Just my food for thought.
    :(

So much for shopping long distance over the phone. Today the sales person called and said they cannot finance out of state buyer and said if I want buy it for cash.

I guess they sold it for a better price, well they too have to make a living. Now back to square one again. Hope there are some more 2012s left in the configuration we want. Good lesson.
    My deal fell through and it was Keyes Lexus so anybody in the future beware. I think it is okay to disclose the dealer's name without violating the forum's policy. This would help any future buyers.

sysd and gwalnut, thanks for the info and looks like if they still have any, Escondido will earn my hard earned dollars. :)
    nemesis, sorry I just saw your post. Sewell, both Dallas and FW did not budge and they sold bunch of 2012s 500 over invoice on memorial day and I felt sorry for the buyers and just left.
  • slsmartinslsmartin Member Posts: 2
    Hello,
    Congradulations on your New Lexus! Sounds like an excellent deal. What options do you have on your car? And what part of the Country is this dealer.

I also bought a RX 350, but not quite the deal you made! I am amazed all the negotiating was completed by phone prior to your visit. That is truly one of the best aspects of your purchase!

Thank you
  • hemi57hemi57 Member Posts: 11
    I spoke to a dealer in Sanfrancisco who offered me 5K off of a 2012 49K RX. But they cannot provide financing because of lot of paper work involved for out of state buyers and wanted cash or find a bank/CU myself.
    Localy, the best I could get is $2500 off
    edited June 2012
    Try Lexus of Glendale.

The southern CA Lexus dealers do the best on discounting because of so many dealers down there.Competition is fierce. Not so in the Bay area of San Fran.

Unless you truck your new car to your state, you will have to pay CA sales tax. The dealer has to do that if you drive it off the lot. State Law. Then you can bet your state will hit you again. Having it transported solves that by law.

Be careful.
    Update on my previous deal.

Went back to the dealer oday and checked out the car I was interested last weekend. Found out it has 100 miles on it already. They said it was because the car was at a different dealership and got driven over. Was able to talk the price down even more because of the mileage. Ended up getting $37400 +tax&fees (MSRP $44674).

Also got offered a express total care package which includes paint & leather seal & 5 years of total care for $1895+ tax which I fell for....

Didn't go for the extended warranty though. Do ppl actually go for the extended warranty? I thought the whole point of getting Japanese car is for their reliability.
  • freddynjfreddynj Member Posts: 10
    Hi all,

New poster here. I just bought a 2012 RX-350 AWD, Japan built at a dealer in Colma, California. I dealt with the internet sales associate.
    As you can see, I live in NJ,but located this silver RX with all the options I wanted, prem, comfort, nav, towing pkg.

I actually flew to SF,was picked up at the airport,and got a great deal over 5,300 off MSRP with installed mud flaps, window etch.
    Yes, it is true about transporting the vehicle to home,which I am doing now-1,495 extra.
    Thanks for all the great info all. If you live in the bay area ask for the internet sales associate who helped the Jersey, NY Giants fan!
  • kbtmomkbtmom Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone heard what, if any, incentives are available for June? I heard that the RXs sold at a great clip in May. For all of 2011 and the beginning of 2012, only Dec 2011 sales beat last month's numbers. I assume that the big seller was the 2012 model to make room for the 2013. I also thought that Lexus was trying to beef up sales this year after being outsold by MB and BMW again last year. I am holding out for a 2013 due to the saddle interior. Besides waiting until Dec, what might be a good month to buy. I assume end of month is typically the best time regardless. I can only find $1K off a 2013 model, nonNAV, PP, heated seats, Towing prep.
    edited June 2012
    Hello freddynj,

I don't know if it is too late but Escondido dealer was offering $7200 below sticker yesterday and between Carlsdbad, their sister dealership, and them looks like they have around 200 2012s still according to the sales person but the one I had been quoted is not a Japan build, but Canadian.

I am not trying to start a war, but does Japan vs Canada make any difference?

Also, is the shipping for open or enclosed, if open you might want to check out Intercity. Excellent service and close to that price.
    Hi sailakfan,

The quote for 6,000 or 7,000 off includes Lexus loyalty money(It was my first Lexus), active military(not anymore), my NJ dealer wanted 1,800 more than this Lexus of Serramonte dealer.
    As far as is Japan build better,in my opinion it is. But I know the Canadian factory won awards, but I have been lucky with Japan built vehicles, my 2007 Honda CR-V, Subarus,Toyota. So I wanted this Japan built. I know it cost more in time and some money. I feel it's worth it since I'll have the RX for a number of years.
    The transporter,Hanover Transport was recommended by the dealer,and was a little less than the unknowns that I received quotes from.
    Since it's June I'm sure it will arrive ok(I'm sure a little dusty.
    Hi again sailakfan,

I just noticed why the prices are lower,the marketing assistance went to 2,000. My luck,lol. Oh well. I was told by various dealers that the 2012 Japan built RX I bought,with the packages I wanted was in extremely short supply. If I waited it might have been sold.
    So,I'm still a happy camper.
    The total for this vehicle is a lot less than the BMW X-5, And Porsche Cayenne I was testing and configuring.
    OK, now back to important matters like Yankee baseball.
  • hemi57hemi57 Member Posts: 11
    edited June 2012
    Hi freddynj, Did you get financing from Lexus or dealer?
    Hi hemi 57,

I did get the 0.9% from Lexus, I opted for 48 months. Still a little ticked off that I missed the extra 1,000 marketing from Lexus, but I know that if I waited till now or later ,the RX I bought would have been sold.

So it's off to AC with my Wife to see if I can make up the 1K!
    Yeah,right.
    Hello freddynj,

That was a good decision and doesn't matter what you paid as after a while we tend to forget the money we spent in the past. I am really happy for you to found something you wanted for a lot lesser. I did not mean to say you paid more, as soon as I saw your original post wanted to share what SoCal dealers where offering and if you have not bought yet and since you are already in the west coast might want to give a shot.

As far as my deal still have not worked out anything yet and once it is finalized will keep everybody posted.

Have fun with the new toy!
    sailakfan,

Good luck with your deal. My RX is on it's way. The fees at the dealer in Cali was inexpensive, only $55.00 doc fees, mud flaps installed were over 225.00 cheaper than here in Jersey, also all security etching with the plan was thrown in for good measure, so it was close to $6,000 off when I add those in.
    Some dealers are asking way too much for doc fees,be aware.
    Can't wait till the RX I bought will be in my driveway(next Monday).