Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• hemi57hemi57 Member Posts: 11
    Hi freddynj, I am looking for a similar vehicle (nav+comfort) and prices here in Michigan are more than NJ and not too many color choices. I worked with pleasanton lexus who quoted $5k off but didn't want to provide any financing. Is it possible to give me the sales associate name that dealt with. You can also mail me to byreddyb @ hotmail

Thanks
  • sailakfansailakfan Member Posts: 28
    edited June 2012
    Hello Hemi57,
    I am working with Escondido and got almost 2K less than Serramonte and Keyes. I did not go the personally and completed the deal over the phone and signed the papers via FedEx. The doc fee was $55 and another $10 some for something else which I have to go home and look at. Also I got 0.9% for 60 months from Escondido instead of 48% from Serramonte. I might pay it off sooner but with such a low apr might not as well. Let me know so that you can compare both Serramonte and Escondido.

This forum had been great and thanks to everybody.
    Hi sailakfan, Do you mind sending the sales person name and number. Does 7k off include any loyality discount?
    Thanks
  • freddynjfreddynj Member Posts: 10
    Sailakfan,

Great deal, I'm jealous. Not really. I bought my RX-350 that I wanted believe it or not for five years! I wish I waited a week to get near 7k or more off,but I chanced losing my J built.
    If I didn't want the "home country" build,I was going to wait since there is a ton of 2012's out there,but very few Japan built.

I don't understand how some posters stated that the Cali dealers weren't letting them finance at 0.9%?
    The 0.9,48 months is good for me,I don't like stretching the loan beyond the warranty date.

Again,excellent deal sailakfan, and good hunting Hemi57.
    Thanks to Edmunds for this fantastic forum.
    Sailakfan,

What state are you shipping your RX to? My transport cost was $1,495. It seemed competitive. They quoted me almost $2,200 for enclosed. I passed on enclosed. I'll just have to give the crossover a bath when I get it.

I forgot to mention that Serramonte let me put $5,000 on my Lexus rewards Visa,which gave me $250.00 reward bucks.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Hello freddyj,
    I do believe as this is for my wife and she too had wanted this for almost five some years. :)

Exactly, I too do not worry on a closed deal, like you said if we wait then the vehicle we wanted might not be available and worth paying a little premium which will be forgotten after a while. The incentives might be $2000 but really could not tell how it will be in conjunction with the $5000 off they had already so do not sweat over it. Have fun.
  • cysdcysd Member Posts: 8
    How do you know where your car is build?
    If it has an accent, then it is Japan build. Just kidding, if the VIN starts with a J it is Japan and 2 is Canada.
    Lol. Thanks. That's easy. Guess I got a Canadian built one. Still loving it though
    edited June 2012
    cysd,

MAKE SURE TO WATCH THE VIDEO AT THE END.

As far as I am concerned Lexus is a Lexus and if I got a better price it really does not matter. I have had my Toyota Rav4 2010 for almost 3 years and it is a Canadian built and never thought Japan built is superior. But may be these grapes are sour, lol, my point is if you have a Japan build you have the psychological peace of mind.

BTW, the Canadian factory won J.D Power's initial quality study award last year.

The following are from another forum but will give an insight for yourself and someone shopping in the future and I am not violating any forum rules here.

Three assembly plants receive Platinum Plant Quality Awards (in a three-way tie) for producing models yielding the fewest defects and malfunctions: the Toyota Motor Corporation Cambridge South, Ontario, Canada, plant (which produces the Lexus RX); the Toyota Motor Corporation Kyushu 2, Japan, plant (which produces the Lexus ES, IS and RX); and the Honda Motor Company plant in Greensburg, Ind. (which produces the Civic). These plants average just 24 PP100. Plant awards are based solely on average levels of defects and malfunctions and exclude design-related problems. (JDPower)

Based on this I would say that the Canadian plant is putting out an excellent product. The Japanese plant basicly builds Hybrids and European cars. I would think that Lexus would strive for consistant standards worldwide. You never hear "My X-Car that was built in Lexington Kentucky is a lemon", its just "My X-Car sucks"

Your RX350 whether it's from Canada or Japan will be the most respectful SUV on the road. The only difference is, those built in Japan gets you FREE sushi every Friday night. Serious answer though, I don't think it matters where, since Quality control should be the same regardless where it's manufactured.

Watch this video about the Canadian factory

Canadian Lexus RX 350 Factory at Cambridge, Ontario Fascinating Video

So already owners whether it is a J or a 2 it really does not matter and enjoy your ride. :)
  • jimxojimxo Member Posts: 423
    Nice post.
  • lexusforyoulexusforyou Member Posts: 1
    Yes.
    When the factory incentive was $1000 I was offered $6300 off msrp without the loyalty discount as this will be my first lexus.
    Sailakfan,,

Congrats to you and all on this forum on the great deals for the 2012's.
    My RX should be here in an hour or so. I agree with all of you whether it's J or C built it's still a fine Lexus.
    It was strictly my preference, and I paid more for it.
    I liked the way the 2013 RX looks,especially the LED drl's. I didn't like how they don't have the adaptive front lighting system with the HID's on the 2013, so that was a big plus in my decision to purchase the 2012.
    I drive a lot of back roads as well as dark two lane highway,so it will be beneficial for me.
    Again, thanks to all! Happy motoring!
  • thepostmanthepostman Member Posts: 49
    Let us know how the delivery turned out.
    Hi all,

I did get my new RX last night right before dark. With my Wife's help we scrutinized every square inch of the vehicle. Perfect condition.Dusty, but no problems on it. Everything that I was promised on the RX was on it(change to Michelins instead of the Dunlops, even a bottle of touch up paint,hope I'll never need it.).
    I'm off today.Just as I'm taking the RX out of my garage to wash it starts raining hard with thunder and lightning. Oh well,it will have to wait till Saturday. The transport company Hanover(based in Vermont) were great.The driver was excellent,had my Lexus on top,so no drips of oil from other vehicles,it was also in the middle,so not a lot of bugs or grime was on it,just road dust.
    Now to take three days to read the encyclopedia sized manuals.LOL.
    I'll probably be posting in another popular Lexus forum,maybe talk to you all there as well.
    Hi freddynj, Congratulations and enjoy your RX
    Hello freddynj,

Congrats and have fun with the vehicle. The stressfull part of the buying out of state, shipping, has gone smooth for you. Have fun.
  • chughmanishchughmanish Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2012
    Hi

One of the dealer in San Francisco bay area quoting 40800/- for below RX Config:

Year: 2010
    Lexus Model: 2010 AWD
    Miles: 20092
    CPO: Yes, 3 years 100,000 Miles
    Packages: Comfort, Towing Prep, Premium, Navigation, Lexus Enform with SOS, 19" wheels, Rain sensing Wipers, Wheel Locks, Cargo Net, Parking Assist, Bi Xenon HID, Heated and Ventilated Seats, Power Back Door, Cross Bars, 3 Month XM
    Color: Cereliun Blue
    Previous Owners: Single
    Was Leased: Y

Is this a good deal? How much lower this dealer you think can go to?

Appreciate your help.
  • nazzy100nazzy100 Member Posts: 82
    edited June 2012
    chughmanish:

Here's my thoughts, since you are asking for input :

Is that $40, 800 out the door final price ? If it is, the car is roughly $37400 plus tax and lic. I think you can get more off and should. If not, it's(37400 plus) too high for a now, 3 year -old RX.

With that equip, that price($37500) would be about what they are getting for a CPO 2011 in most areas.

Rules here allow you to mention the dealer , please do ?

Many folks are getting $5000 off MSRP and better, on new 2012's, in Calif, now that the 2013 is out. Read back some of the posts here.

Keep us advised.
    edited June 2012
    No it was not out of the door final price. I called him again and he came down to 38500+Tax+ $50 fee.

License fee is already paid by them for this year.

How about this price with 2,300 knocked off and with all the features it has with low mileage.
    Final price from dealer is 37500+tax+doc fee.

I am not sure if i should go for it or look for 2012 which might be closer to 42000+tax+lic+doc fee on road with all features this car has.
    Hi all,

I checked on a 2010 prior to buying my new 2012 RX, a dealer in Virginia wanted near 39,000, then went down to 37,000(before taxes, title, reg.).
    I checked carfax , and it had three wheel alignments in 20,000 miles, and had the radio replaced. It also was a corporate lease. Those vehicles go through some rough drivers. I felt that the new RX I bought with just 6 miles on it was worth the extra money.
    The 0.9 % financing didn't hurt either,although I believe the certified used vehicles also has 0.9%.
    I wouldn't buy it at 37,500.
    How about telling us the name of the dealer ?
    edited June 2012
    This was single owner, leased. Also, Car fax was clean with regular maintenance at required mileage (1000, 6000, 11000, 16000 and last one before CPO at 20092). It is local vehicle bought at Concord California and drove in Concord area. Dealer is in north bay.

Yes, CPO is also qualified for 0.9% APR but for 48 months. I do qualify for it as my score is closer to very high end of the scale.

How much new 2012 with similar configuration before tax, doc fee are?
    Lexus of Marin
  • jclem22jclem22 Member Posts: 1
    The regular maintenance that this car has received is a VERY good sign. I have no first hand experience on the used car pricing, but it's curious (maybe encouraging) that he's dropping the price very quickly and easily--$40.8 down to 37.5k ! Who knows what his bottom is? Maybe the 10-15% off msrp that people are getting on new '12's, also applies to used. I do know that there are a gazillion '10's on the market (check cars.com). Make an offer of 15% off-($34.7) and maybe he'll come back with something 1/2 way between.
    My son-in-law, who is VERY good at this, offered 15% off msrp on a new '12 and ended at 13% off. I told him he was stretching it too far and he said, 'I've never been one not to stretch". Shows what I know.
  • schenkerschenker Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    I received a quote from a dealer here in TX for a 2012 RX which is $ 41k +TTL for Moon Roof, 6-Disc, Back-up Camera, Bluetooth, Heated and Ventilated Seats, Parking Assist, Premium Package, Power Rear Door, Smart Key Access, Wood/Leather Shift Knob & Steering Wheel. I would appreciate any feedback and any purchasing experience. Thank you
    edited June 2012
    No Navigation? What's the MSRP?
    I got mine (see previous post for spec)
    http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f0cbfbf/4972
    No Nav, with everything u have + little extra for $37400+ttl. Then again I heard southern california gets better deals so not sure how much you can go for in TX.
    Good luck!
    Hi,
    I live in Texas and bought a brand new 2012 with all these options plus nav, parking assist for less than that from a California dealer. It was a pleasant experience and also got 0.9% apr for 60 months. If the local dealers would not budge, do not hesitate to shop out of state. This is my second out of state car purchase and it was a no brainier.
    good luck.
    Hi Sailakfan,
    Thank you so much for your prompt mail. Would you mind sharing the California dealer and city and how much you paid for your vehicle. Request you to please let me know the transport company and how much it cost you to transport
    Thank you very much!
    Hello cysd,
    Thank you for your prompt response. There is no navigation and msrp is $45,583.Thanks!
    No problem Schenker, I am not sure if they would still have a good selection left but would not hurt to call. Since I cannot post sales person info I can be reached at capturelinkatyahoodotcom. Matter of fact after I closed the deal the following Monday Lexus increased the incentive from $1000 to $2000 but I really could not tell how much of it was applied towards my purchase. BTW I found a shipping company that runs only between California and Texas nowhere else and nothing in between and I paid close to $800. Good luck
    edited June 2012
    Sailakfan:

THE Dealership name and city ARE permitted here on this forum. See the message from the host:

kyfdx HOST
    Jun 08, 2012 (9:38 am)

You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.
    Thanks for pointing that out, the dealership is Escondido, California. Good luck guys.
  • sanjaysdcasanjaysdca Member Posts: 269
    When you buy in California and ship it out of state...do you still pay taxes and title for California?
  • unohoounohoo Member Posts: 1
    I called Escondido but not much of 2012 selections left anymore and would not deal on a 2013 yet. I found someone got a great deal at Sewell Lexus in Dallas and was offered the following for a 2013. Is this a good deal or should I negotiate more?

Vehicle Base Model ..........................:$ 39075.00 $ 39075.00
    Appearance Package Includes: 19" Sport Finish 770.00
    Wheels with All-Season Tires, Halogen Headlam
    with Metallic Black surrounds ..............
    Navigation System with Voice Command, Lexus E 2465.00
    w/Destination Assist & eDestination (1-yr sub
    included), Lexus Insider, XM NavTraffic & Nav
    Weather (90 day trial subs included), Backup
    Camera & Remote Touch Controller ...........
    Intuitive Parking Assist ................... 500.00
    Premium Pkg: Leather Trim Int., One-Touch Ope 2400.00
    Close Moonroof, Auto-Dimming Electrochromic P
    Heated Outside Mirrors, Pwr Rr Dr, USB Audio
    Driver''s Seat/Steering/Mirror Memory-3 settin
    Towing Prep Pkg: Transmission Cooler, Heavy D 238.00
    Wood & Leather Trimmed Steering Wheel & Shift 330.00
    Cargo Mat, Cargo Net, Wheel Locks & Key Glove 255.00
    --------- ---------
    Total Accessories ...........................: $ 6958.00 $ 6958.00
    Destination Charge ..........................: $ 875.00
    ---------
    Total .......................................: $ 48405.00

$42600+TTL

Thanks
    11.5 % off sticker is not bad at all on a 2013. Are you eligible for customer loyalty money or similar incentives ? Make sure you check to see if any.

I'd offer him 41500.00 MINUS any incentives if there are any. Split with him at 42000.00 if needed, again minus any incentives.

Again it's a 2013, so I like the deal even at 42600.00. $6000+ off is a nice deal.

Always do your negotiating by getting the discount off the new car price like you are doing..keeping in mind sales tax is on the selling price.
  • swamybswamyb Member Posts: 38
    edited June 2012
    Hi

I am planning to buy this 2012 RX 350. Our 2004 rx 330 was totaled due to red light jumping crash and thankfully my family escaped unhurt. Thanks to the side and front airbags and safety of Lexus. I see the following options fits my need, but 50517 is steep price for the following options. How much you think I should offer OTD? This is in SF bay area.

12-Speaker Premium Audio System For Navigation - $110.00
    19 7-Spoke Aluminum Alloy Wheels - With All-Season 235/55/Vr19 Tires - $660.00
    Adaptive Front-Lighting System (Afs)
    And Edestination (One-Year Trial Subscription Included)
    And Stocks (90-Day Trial Subscription Included) - $2465.00
    Bi-Xenon High Intensity Discharge (Hid) Headlamps With Dynamic Auto-Leveling
    Bi-Xenon High Intensity Discharge Headlamps (Hid) - With Adaptive Front-Lighting System (Afs) - $875.00
    Bluetooth Hands Free Phone And Phonebook Download Capabilities
    Comfort Package - Includes: Heated And Ventilated Front Seats
    Destination Assist
    Electrochromic (Auto-Dimming) Outside Mirrors - $2400.00
    Emergency Assist Button (Sos)
    Enhanced Roadside Assistance
    Hdd Navigation (Generation 6 System)
    Heated And Ventilated Front Seats - $640.00
    Intelligent High Beam Headlamps
    Intuitive Parking Assist - $500.00

Lexus 12-Speaker Premium Sound System - $1950.00
    Lexus Enform With Safety Connect: Automatic Collision Notification
    Lexus Insider
    Lexus Memory System To Control Power Driver'S Seat (Except Lumbar)
    Navigation System - Includes: Backup Monitor
    Navtraffic
    Navweather
    Outside Mirrors And Steering Wheel
    Power Rear Door
    Power Tilt-And-Slide Moonroof With One-Touch Open/Close And Sliding Sunshade
    Premium Package - Includes: Leather-Trimmed Interior
    Rain-Sensing Intermittent Windshield Wipers With Mist Cycle
    Rear-Armrest Storage Compartment With Cover
    Remote Touch Navigation Controller
    Sports
    Stolen Vehicle Location
    Towing Prep Package - Includes: Heavy Duty Alternator And Radiator
    Transmission Cooler - $238.00
    Usb Audio Input For Ipod / Compatible Music Player Integration With Audio System
    Voice Command Casual-Language Voice Recognition System
    Wood And Leather-Trimmed Steering Wheel And Shift Knob - $330.00
  • fido_didofido_dido Member Posts: 1
    2010 Lexus RX 350 - mileage is 34,285 (no nav)

Price is $33,000
  • appa531appa531 Member Posts: 10
    I am ready to buy my dream Lexus RX 350. Has anybody have any experience with pricing on 2013 model? With premium package, and heads up display on a AWD 2013 RX 350, McGrath Lexus in Westmont has a MSRP of $47,120.
    How much should I offer this car? I see a post where someone from Dallas got a good deal on this model with Navigation, Appearance and Premium Package for $42K+TTL.
    Since I am not looking for Navigation package, can I offer the dealer $42K inclusive of TTL in Illinois? Please suggest.
  • iamumiamum Member Posts: 1
    Yesterday I went to a dealer in Boston area and got a quote for RX350 2013 for 42500, with premium package and some other options (without navigation). But they can't do 0.9% financing.

In the end I got a 2012 RX with premium package and no navi for 40000+TTL.
    0.9% financing.

Is it a reasonable price?
    Also, does any of you were forced by a Dealer to buy an extended warranty or VIN etching or any other service which is completely optional?
    to me, it looks like a good offer.
  • swamybswamyb Member Posts: 38
    I am working with many dealers in Bay area, most of them ran out of 2012 models. I really wanted to get 0.9% financing :-(
  • northernplusnorthernplus Member Posts: 4
    I am not finding the dealers around Chicago willing to do much on prices. On a 2012 one wanted to keep all the dealer cash ($2K) at first. Now they are calling me. Another one wanted to keep $1k after showing me a sheet with their supposed invoice costs.

Does anyone know what most dealers really pay for RXs as a percentage of MSRP?
    that case, I guess I am going to buy my lexus out of state. Probably in Detroit.
  • love0582love0582 Member Posts: 1
    Hello cysd I read your post and your price is so good. I offered OTD 42k to the dealer but he didn't believe this price... I said from a net friend and he said they from internet are liar and unless i can show him the proof of transaction then he won't buy it.
    I am at WA a small city it's hard to make the bargin here...
  • ang33iefang33ief Member Posts: 63
    2011 ex 350 with prem. package, mileage around 6 to 10k, no nav., n. Miami Lexus selling for 34 to 35k, I mean rx model, all lease returns, I bought one a month ago, I think maby the 2012s might be around 38,ooo