Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• martin2498martin2498 Member Posts: 22
    Hi all,

Posted earlier about pricing on a 2013 Lexus RX AWD. I am leasing, and the first price came out to a grand total of $58,000 - so as suggested I started doing my research and comparing dealerships in my area. I am in MA. Thus far this is the best deal I have seen...

For 36 months, 12,000 miles
    One-time lease payment: $19,200; with tax dealer estimated more like $20,420
    Residual (buy-out price): $29,900

Total: $50,320

2013 Lexus RX AWD
    Nebula Gray w/ black leather interior
    Comfort Package
    Navigation Package
    Premium Package
    Cargo Mat
    Intuitive Parking assist
    Wheel locks
    Wood and leather trimmed steering wheel and shift knob

I am doing a one-time lease because it saves some money versus monthly installments. Also, I feel that after 3 years I probably will want the new RX that comes out.

Would love to hear what others think of this price. Thanks in advance!
  • lexusrx350newlexusrx350new Member Posts: 18
    Price is mentioned as 46430 with the options and without the taxes/tags/fees/protection packages etc.
    The cost of the car is listed as 41888

Let me know if this is a good deal
  • hungtlamhungtlam Member Posts: 5
    Does that include comfort package (HID). I was offered a similar package
    MSRP is $49,679
    Invoice is $46,932
    Dealer offered for $45,932 + tax/fee
  • chipper90chipper90 Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2012
    Can anyone tell me if $41,000 plus taxes/fee is too much to pay for a used 2012 RX 350, it has only 2,560 miles? The previous owner had it for 6 months and decided to trade up. It is red, tan leather interior, navigation, FWD, premium package, 19" wheels, sunroof. I am buying it from a dealership.

Any help would be appreciated before I sign the papers.

Thank you
  • hondaguy28hondaguy28 Member Posts: 1
    can you tell me what region you are in? I'm trying to see what is the best price I can get for the same $46430 vehicle in the Boston area. Thanks.
  • astuffastuff Member Posts: 8
    I'm not sure if one time payment leases work the same as conventional leases, but the normal rational is to put down as little as possible, in case the car is totalled or stolen.

Your auto insurance may only pay off up to the balance or the value of the car, whichever is less. For instance, it's a $40k car, after the $20k payment, it's a $20k balance left. The car gets totalled on day 2. Your insurance pays off the bank of $20k. You could be out the rest.

I would do some research before putting down $20k.
  • awardshop10awardshop10 Member Posts: 2
    I got a quote for:

MSRP: $49,045

Selling Price: $45,300 (including remote starter and destination & handling)
    NJ Tax 7.4%: $3,352.20
    Registration, temp tag, lien fee, title fee: $406
    Doc fee: $299

Total price including everything: $49,357.20

Vehicle options:

Comfort Package
    Navigation System
    Premium Package
    Intuitive Parking Assist
    Wood & Leather Wheel & Shift Knob
    Cargo Mat, Net, Wheel Locks & Key Gloves

2013 Lexus RX 350 AWD in Nebula Gray with Black interior

Good deal?

I'm considering sitting on this due to the fact that lexus is offering NOTHING on moving the 2013's...no special financing, rebates, etc.
  • awardshop10awardshop10 Member Posts: 2
    Chipper, sounds about right from what I am seeing in the tristate, however, for $4000 more you can get a 2013? Are you getting 0.9%? I was told that special ended.
    We have not talked financing yet so not sure what Lexus will offer me. I have excellent credit so I am hoping to get a low rate. Do you know what there used rates are? Even though the car only has 2,560 miles I'm assuming it will have to qualify as used in the financing end. The car is being shipped in from FL to OK so I have to wait until next week before I actually see the SUV and start the paper work.

I would get the 2013 BUT they are no longer making the Matador Red Mica in the 2013. The red for the 2013 is a darker color red and I do not like it.

Thank you so much for getting back to me.
    They are currently selling 2012 brand new awd non-navs(prem/towing/prefaccessory packages with heated and ventilated seats) for 39,400 including destination(left overs). Considering yours is fwd but you have nav, i think your price is ok.
    If you have 750+ score, lexus fin will give you 1.9 for 60months. Alternatively, there are a few credit unions who are doing 1.99 for 72 months and 4.49 for 84 months.
    In the Jersey/PA area.
    Thank you hondaguy28. Yes, my credit score is 800+. Hopefully in the Oklahoma area they will be offering the same rates. Those are the rates for used cars, right? Being a 2012 and 2,560 miles I consider it new but it will be sold as used since there has already been one individual owner.
    Yep. 1.9% .

You should probably use the credit union to get 72 months for the same apr instead of 60 months.
  • saaab298saaab298 Member Posts: 5
    Which dealer is this? Can you please send details.
    I am scheduled to pick up my car tomorrow pm but I have another dealer who is willing to give the same car for 43250 along with 200 dollars worth of all season mats.
    Not sure which way I should go now...
  • winglcoudswinglcouds Member Posts: 7
    this is the 2013 rx350 AWD right. which dealer is this can you post the name and the state.
    edited July 2012
    Hey everyone,

Have been posting in here concerning leasing at new 2013 AWD however after looking into it, not sure it's the best decision. I want to buy the RX bc I love the car but spending over 40k isn't really what I wanna do. I am looking into a 2012 AWD with 13,000 miles, comfort, navigation, premium, and preferred accessories. Also installed options include Cross Bars, Intuitive Parking Assist, remote engine start, wood trim and leather steering. It is listed at $43,987 online. In MA do you think it is possible to get this vehicle for under 40k? Or should I really just be looking at 2011s?
  • kwhkwh Member Posts: 68
    This purchase (2013) will be my 4th RX - I still have my first one (2000) that I had to order from Japan to not get one loaded down with thousands of $$$ of stuff I don't want. I have written two dealerships about a base model but no response at all yet - guess business is good. I have never seen a RX on a lot without a sunroof - don't want to pay 2 or 3K for a feature I don't want at all. Will post if I can gt a price for a base model RX - the Display Audio Package & the Accessory Connector are the only things I want on the car.
    Finally, I closed the deal yesterday. $41303 is the final selling price of this car. I took an optional tire protection for 580 for three years.
  • bhuddabhudda Member Posts: 12
    Hey guys... Reading through the posts, I feel I'm getting ripped off. I've been negotiating with a few Lexus dealers for a 2013 rx 350, in the Chicagoland area and places I have lived in the past, including Dallas, Detroit, south Florida and north carolina. Best I could do is 3000 off msrp, at 1.9% financing. Can people post where I can get a better deal? Car is going to be used in Chicago, so I prefer awd, silver metallic, comfort, nav, premium w/park assist. Chicago dealers are least accommodating on prices.
    So 2012 Lexus RX AWD listed for $43,987 in MA with about 13,687 miles. With tax etc. the dealer has me at a final offer of $46,737 including tax & fees - extras include comfort package, navigation package, premium package, and preferred accessory package. Also installed options include Cross Bars, Intuitive Parking Assist, glass breakage sensor, remote engine start, wood trim and leather steering. Test drove it and it is in good shape as it is CPO. Is this a good price? This is without an extended warranty which I may look into, does anyone think an extended warranty is worth it?
  • john_ngusjohn_ngus Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2012
    Parchment or Black ?
    ===============

Finally i have decided to get Satin Cashmere metallic. I am not sure if i should get a Parchment or Black Leather interior. I have 2 dogs. The mat in parchment is black and dealer is giving me all weather rubber mat in black for the trunk. Black hides dirt. Any advise on resale value whether light or black interior would be better ?
  • suvdebatersuvdebater Member Posts: 1
    Hello Folks..Thanks everyone for this great forum. I am looking for a used Lexus RX and recently got an offer for 38k for a 2011 RX(14500 miles) with packages Navi, Premium, Comfort, Towing, Remote start, 19 inch Alloys. Also the car has to be shipped from the East coast to Minneapolis and then I have to pay state taxes. So please advise if this is a good price for the car. My budget was actually around 36k but i am getting tempted as the car has got a clean history and the mileage is less. The dealer says he cant reduce anymore.
    Thanks for your help.
  • coolagentmi6coolagentmi6 Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2012
    Bought 2013 lexus RX 350 AWD with Premimum, Comfort and Navigation package, entertainment system (2 individual operated displays with remote & wireless bose headphones), remote starter, roof cross bars, door edge guards and all weather floor mats. Black exterior and saddle tan interior. 50K out of the door in MD(6% taxes). 1.9% APR for 5 years. 0 down. $875/month. Good deal ?
  • john_ngusjohn_ngus Member Posts: 5
    It is a steal ! Great , The MSRP is 53293 and dealer cost is 49215. Not sure, How he did the deal with taxes. Are you sure the dealer is taking care of all taxes and title fees ? This is the best deal so far and that too in east coast
    Not sure how he gave but I am not complaining. I am happy if it is a good deal.

Yes, 50K out of the door all inclusive.
  • kxw0338kxw0338 Member Posts: 1
    Nice deal. Would you mind share which dealer is this? Thanks!
    Sure. Lexus of Silver Spring, Silver Spring, MD.
  • buyrxncbuyrxnc Member Posts: 2
    I am planning to purchase a 2013 RX-350 AWD, w/nav, comfort packages ...etc., the dealer invoice price is about $47500 (MSRP is close to $50K), can someone share what they paid with respected to the dealer invoice- esp. in Raleigh NC area (Johnson lexus)?

Thx
  • winglcoudswinglcouds Member Posts: 7
    I was wondering when you buy rx 350 Awd is ATP is Required?
  • zimorzimor Member Posts: 1
    MSRP = 49418
    Price = 45900
    Discount = 7.1% (more or less at Discount)
    Engineer with MBA and performed extensive due diligence and economic analysis on all models considered. I keep all my cars for about 10 years and then remove from my portfolio. Considered Acura, Infiniti and BMW. MDX and RX very close, but a few little things swayed me to Lexus but could be very happy with Acura also (maybe I can get my wife to buy the Acura, but she loves her 328i). Infiniti doesnt appeal to me. X5, well, I have a X5 now and will trade-in. Best car I have ever driven, and probably ever will ... they only came off 2% and wouldnt budge, never called back (eventhough I bought two BMW's from them) and the cost is about 13k higher than all other three - X5 not worth the significant cost difference - technology package the best among all 4 cars. Anyway, happy with the purchase but know I left some money on the table. Cars in Houston are moving so happy with the numbers.
  • bhuddabhudda Member Posts: 12
    Similar equipped suv. Got 3k off msrp. I live in Winston, and flow Lexus wouldn't come close. Bought the car in Dallas, and they agreed to pay for shipping and detailing the car on receipt.
  • nik11nik11 Member Posts: 8
    I am in Houston looking for RX with entertainment package and 19 inch rims. Which dealer and who did you deal with to get the deal. Thanks
  • cwaynecwayne Member Posts: 81
    My 13 rx is my 4th since the 04 model. My average cost per year for depreciation is about
    4100.00 per year plus state tax and title. No tires, no batteries no cost other than
    normal oil changes. I think it would be hard to find another brand with a resale value this high.
    I lovew my rx.
  • buyrxncbuyrxnc Member Posts: 2
    My dealership said they will beat any price if I can show them a receipt from other dealers.

can you tell me which dealer you used in Dallas?
    edited July 2012
    So it has been a long process in searching for the right purchase. Finally decided on...

2013 AWD
    Nebula gray w/ black interior
    Navigation package
    Premium package
    Comfort package
    Intuitive parking
    Wheel locks
    Cargo mat

MSRP: $48,976
    My price: $44,000

I am buying in MA, but with CT sales tax, doc fee, registration should be around $47,219
    good price?
  • chinkbargainerchinkbargainer Member Posts: 3
    I live in the DC, MD, VA area and in the past 3 years, we've purchased 4 RX350, sticker MSRP range from 48900-50,000 (All the bells and whistle except for 2nd row movie screen).
    The purchase price for those cars ranged from 41500-43,000 + TTL. These are at Rockville L exus, Chantilly Lexus and Lindsey Lexus. Good luck shoppers.

PS: One of them was purchased a month ago at Chantilly Lexus, sticker 48900, purchase 41500 + TTL.
    Is the 41500 cost for a 2012 AWD lexus or a 2013 AWD lexus ?
  • chinkbargainerchinkbargainer Member Posts: 3
    That is a 2012 Rx350 AWD.
  • pursueprfctionpursueprfction Member Posts: 1
    2013 AWD RX 350
    Starfire Pearl with Saddle Tan interior
    Navigation Package
    Premium Package
    Park Assist
    19" Alloys
    Wheel locks
    Cargo mat
    Cargo Net
    Heated and Ventilated front Seats
    Cross Bars
    Towing Prep Package

MSRP $49,609
    Paid $44,500 + ttl at Northern Ca/Bay Area dealer. Very happy with our buying experience...spoke with many dealers in the area but ultimately chose the one who was willing to negotiate the deal professionally and with the utmost courtesy and prompt response.
    Using carwoo. Got a deal from dealer in Dallas I live in Houston today.

2013 RX 350
    premium pkg
    19 inch alloy wheels
    heated/vent seats
    intuitive parking assist
    towing pkg
    wood leather wrapped sterring wheel
    lexus display audio pkg
    real entertainment dual LCD/DVD

(opted out of navigation)

$44,000-

Out the door (with TT&L)- $46,840

is this good deal?
    I am getting deal from Sewell Lexus similar with premium pkg. , tow pkg, preferred accesories, audio pkg, assist parking and rear dual LCD with DVD entertainment for 44000$ plus ttl
  • jtmyob21jtmyob21 Member Posts: 14
    I got this quote for the 2013 FWD, with Premium, Comfort and Navigation packages, plus towing all weather tires, parking assist, and wood trim added in that I could care less about. The MSRP is $48,775. The price I was quoted:

On a 36 month lease, 10k miles a year your payments would be $559 plus tax, with $3500 due at signing. The residual on a 36/10 lease is 62% with a rate of .00200.

Purchase option would be: $45985 plus taxes, tag, and dealer fee ($698.50).

Is $45,985 a good price for this car? Can I do better than that, and if so what should I be looking at? I know they won't give it to me at $43k, because that would be $2k under invoice, and this is a popular car here. From what the Edmunds price showed, the invoice price with all of the options included is $45,235 in my zip code, so I think the purchase price is a good deal, but I thought I would see what the general opinion here was. As for the lease, I am not sure if it is a good deal or not. What do you all think? :confuse:
    edited August 2012
    Ended up getting 2013 AWD Nebula Gray w/ black interior

Navigation package
    Premium package
    Comfort package
    Intuitive parking
    Wood and leather trim steering wheel/Shift knob
    Wheel Locks
    All-weather floor mats

44,000 + ttl + warranties

Total was 50k even. This was because we purchased the platinum plan 6 yr/100,000 mile warranty as well as 7 yr resist-all coverage
  • jtmyob21jtmyob21 Member Posts: 14
    That's a better deal than I was quoted for the same packages on a FWD. What dealership, city, state did you get this deal?

Thanks!
    That was at IRA Lexus Danvers, MA
  • kdog8kdog8 Member Posts: 2
    Great price and glad to hear great experience too. I'm in N CA also. Could you share dealer name? Thanks.
  • valueguyvalueguy Member Posts: 208
    I purchasd my RX 350 in the evening when the dealership was closing. I got a great deal but the saleman promised me Michelin tires on my RX 350.

I got home and I had Dunlop tires! What should I do? Should I ask for a swap for Michelin? Tirerack.com shows 4 19" Michelin tires cost $360 more than 4 Dunlop tires.

I know it is partially my fault but I asked the salesman 4 times and he assured me I had Michelin tires.

Any advice is appreciated.
  • valueguyvalueguy Member Posts: 208
    I shopped my Lexus at 5 Florida dealerships and all were hungry to make a sale. All were aggressive but polite and courteous. I ended up with a great deal so stick to your guns and demand no less than $3000 off MSRP for a well optioned RX 350 (delete that dealer fee as I did).

It took my just 5 days to get multiple quotes, multiple offers and many discussions with sales people. In the end, I got the deal I wanted on the exact car (except for those tires).

The 2013 is very nice with LED lighting, better 19" wheels, improved center stack buttons, etc. compared to my 2010 version (exact same version). The 2013 is definitely worth $1200-$1500 more than a brand-new similarly equipped 2012 (in my humble opinion).

Dealers did offer me $5500 off MSRP with NO dealer fee on a 2012 version; I declined and got a 2013. No remorse here over that decision.

Florida buyers may not get a MA or CA type deal but you can pay $1K more in the Sunshine State and avoid those expensive transportation costs.

This is my third Lexus and I have NEVER been able to get closer than $1K compared to those fantastic IRA Lexus deals in MA. But, I can get to that $1K gap most of the time with a LOT of effort.