Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    discokdiscok Member Posts: 7
    Premium package with Display Audio - parking assist, roof rack and few others, MSRP was around 45,309 I think. Sold for 40,000 and then added the 1k loyalty. Had another dealer call and beat it by $200 as I pulled out of the lot with my new car.
  • Options
    soapdish616soapdish616 Member Posts: 31
    Hi Everyone,

Looking to pickup a 2013 RX 350 for the wife. She has a 2010 one right now coming off lease end of Jan. Would appericiate fast feedback so I can capture any deals before end of year.

2013 RX350 FWD ($39,310)
    Package B: NAVIGATION SYSTEM WITH BACKUP CAMERA PACKAGE WITH ADDITIONAL OPTIONS ($7205)
    Delivery P&H ($895)
    MSRP: $47,410

What's the best sell price I can get this for before TTL? Also what are the interest and lease rates possible on this based on best selling price?

Many thanks & merry christmas
  • Options
    cec7cec7 Member Posts: 11
    What is the 1K loyalty ?
  • Options
    I live in MD and just bought an rx350 that you have described except mine has a blind side monitor and the appearance pkg and other options.. The MSRP was $ 47,810. I paid $43,000 for it. I felt that it was a good deal since truecar.com had that price at the low end. Out of 6200 people nationally who went through True Cars 192 buyers paid between $ 42,900 and $ 43,150.
    One thing that might help you is that dealers have a $1,000 coupon that they can give you in order to drop the price of the rx350. Dealers only have so many of these available and they are not publizing that info.
    I don't know if I could have gotton more off the car but given all the info that I gathered and also given the fact that they had the car I wanted -getting 10.1% off the MSRP was OK with me.( The coupon is not dealer loyalty.)
  • Options
    discokdiscok Member Posts: 7
    1k loyalty is discount given if you finance with Lexus and also currently have a lexus.
  • Options
    Thanks.
  • Options
    soapdish616soapdish616 Member Posts: 31
    Okay thanks.. they offered $42.5 with the 1k loyalty included. So what I'm going to push for is $41.5k and they can have a deal this week. ;)
  • Options
    linda08linda08 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    Wow! Sounds like you got a great deal. And a great Xmas present.
    Would you mind to share the name of the sales person you dealt with and the particulare dealership. Did you negotiate this in person?
    What was your start price
    Also. Is price for the AWD?

Thanks so much
  • Options
    msymanmsyman Member Posts: 25
    Bought the RX350 F Sport. MSRP $51,925. Dealer used a Lexus $1000 December to Remember certificate to bring price down to $45,668+TTL + doc fees.
  • Options
    I live in MD. and bought the car from Lexus of Towson. I dealt with the sales manager .
    Sounds like some commenters got much better deal than I did. Going to pick up the car this AM.
  • Options
    Wow.-That's a much better deal than I got. Over 12% off MSRP.
  • Options
    lkalka Member Posts: 9
    Hi, I'm currently leasing a 2010 RX 350. My current lease is up in March but I thought I should take advantage of the end of year deals to lease a 2013 RX 350. This is what I'm currently being offered.

The invoice price is $46,700.00 and the dealer is willing to lease it to me for $43,950.00. I'm responsible for my three remaining lease payments---approximately $1,500. My monthly lease payment will be $522 including tax. The mileage at this price is 12,000 a year. My residual is .60. I guess I'm also responsible for license and fees. In Los Angeles I think this comes out to 2831.32 in taxes and 422.75 in government fees. It looks like there is also an $80 fee. Not sure if this is some type of document fee. Hmmm...Why would they pass of such a niggling expense?

What do forum members think of this price? Should I just wait until March to negotiate a new lease. Doesn't seem like I'm getting a great end of year deal but would like to know what others think.
  • Options
    dotbowelsdotbowels Member Posts: 43
    "Bought the RX350 F Sport. MSRP $51,925. Dealer used a Lexus $1000 December to Remember certificate to bring price down to $45,668+TTL + doc fees"

Does this mean the buyer paid $45,668 and the TTL+DOC were included or they were extra in addition to the $45,668? Thanks Dorothy
  • Options
    What should I expect to pay for a New 2013 RX350 FWD that Lists for $49,100. I am curious in a hard/best number to pay for the car. In our state the buyer handles all of the registration, licensing, title fees etc.

So again if the car lists for $49,100 what would be a bottom for the car only. I would qualify for the $1K certificate and the $1K if I finance. So in addition to the $2,000 how much more should I get off and pay? Right out of the chute it's going to be down to $47,100

I'm wondering how low it can go with all rebates included. Sorry if I'm redundant but I'm always confused the way numbers are posted. Thanks & Happy New Year !Dorothy
  • Options
    msymanmsyman Member Posts: 25
    The doc fees were extra, so I really paid $46,000 when you add in the doc fees.
  • Options
    nycarbuyer2013nycarbuyer2013 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for your help with this! Went in asking for 12% off MRSP. Had two dealers battling back and forth. Got 11.75% off. MRSP was around 49,800 and got it for 44,000. Did not have a 1k loyalty discount...but dealer used the 1k certificate. This is as rock bottom as i think you will get...but i think both dealers were willing to get to this deal. Thanks again.
  • Options
    you should get at least 45,000...even 44,000. At this point, they are "losing money" on the car. Or at least that is what they are saying...but they get bonuses if they sell a certain amount... Also, i would definitely have conversations with at least two dealers and let them know( by name) that you are talking with their competitor... That strategy worked for me..
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply nycarbuyer2013

Are you saying 45k, 44k and then another $2K off ? Or $45K or $44K after I get the $2k rebate? Thanks Dorothy
  • Options
    44k+ tax, license, fees Not another 2k off after the 44k.
  • Options
    saz25saz25 Member Posts: 152
    They are not loosing money at 44k on a $49k MSRP. I would have said 43k and not budged one dollar.

Don't believe a car sales rep.
    Steve
  • Options
    the MSRP was 49,800...i will take the deal at 44,000. Like i said..i was shooting for close to 12% of MSRP. Did you get better than 12 %?
  • Options
    newrxnewrx Member Posts: 2
    Hello , Trying to finalize the deal on RX 350 FWD , with premium package & NAV and 19inc wheels , I m first time lexus buyer , MSRP is at $49K , with some negatations it got down to $45.5 exculding taxes , he applied only $500 certificate , i know lots of folks talking about 2 certificates ? for 2k what are those ?

Is this a good price ??
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I bought one 12/29. I previously owned a Lexus so I qualified for $1K Loyalty Certificate. I financed thru Lexus and got a second certificate for another $1K off. Total $2K Off . Then I started negotiating from there. Hope it goes well for you. Do the best you can and don't let anyone pee on your Cheerios when it is done. :) Dorothy
  • Options
    newrxnewrx Member Posts: 2
    thank you, finalized the deal at $44.5K (MSRP of 49k) , not sure how well i did in negotiating process , Hope i didn't messed up :( , either way its done deal

Thank you for all your help and support
  • Options
    I don't know why I haven't read anything about this in any reviews, or on any forums but I hate the RX 350 2013! Hate it!! Let me start by saying that I loved my RX 2010. I turned in my lease thinking I was getting a new and improved RX. Yes, it has some improvements but it has hard seats and a very stiff suspension. This is on the RX 350 non sport model. The sport model must be a horror story. If I wanted this much feedback from the road I would buy a BMW. What was Lexus thinking and why isn't anyone else commenting on this? The seats are very hard, too compared with my 2010. I hate it so much that I've called the dealer to find out what it will cost for me to bring it back and finance my 2010.
  • Options
    "#5443 of 5443 Beware of the new RX 350 2013 by lka
    Dec 31, 2012 (1:38 pm)
    I don't know why I haven't read anything about this in any reviews, or on any forums but I hate the RX 350 2013! Hate it!! Let me start by saying that I loved my RX 2010. I turned in my lease thinking I was getting a new and improved RX. Yes, it has some improvements but it has hard seats and a very stiff suspension. This is on the RX 350 non sport model. The sport model must be a horror story. If I wanted this much feedback from the road I would buy a BMW. What was Lexus thinking and why isn't anyone else commenting on this? The seats are very hard, too compared with my 2010. I hate it so much that I've called the dealer to find out what it will cost for me to bring it back and finance my 2010. "

Reallllllllllllly? Did you sit in the car before you bought it and or do an extended test drive? Hope it works out for you.
  • Options
    If you think that the ride seems hard try checking the tire pressure. Mine was about 5 PSI above the recommended amount. When I lowered the pressure it made for a smoother ride.
    Steve
  • Options
    I handled everything over the phone and internet and did not conduct an extensive test drive. This was an enormous mistake. One that I will never repeat. I read extensive reviews about the car online and posts on forums and never read one word about the change in suspension and the hard seats. I wonder if anyone is really testing these cars for the reviews. Are they simply reprinting the press release from Lexus corporate. And, how are folks vetted for participating in forums? How do we know that they are not hired by company PR. Not nice to think about but it is making me doubt some of the positive reviews I read online especially after my experience with the 2013 RX 350.
  • Options
    Thank you Dotbowels for your wishes that everything works out. Happy New Year to you and your family!! I hope your year is filled with health, happiness and prosperity!!
  • Options
    I took my car overnight. Had a little problem with the wind noise but other than that I thought the car was quiet and was a smooth, comfortable ride. First time I have ever owned a Lexus. Also, I have never driven a 2010 RX350 so I can't compare the two.
    I had a 2009 Murano. The Murano had a softer seat than the Lexus and a terrific ride but I like the Lexus just as much.
    I hear your frustration about the Lexus. At age 74 I've made a mistake or two when purchasing new cars but I 'm betting that, as you get use to the drive, you'll come to enjoy it. I know that you will adapt--just give it some time.(BTW-I read my comment to my wife who smiled and said" I sure that exactly what he wants to hear")
  • Options
    nazzy100nazzy100 Member Posts: 82
    As another said....check all tires for pressure. Write it down. Also what brand tires are they(that does make a difference).

Then ,look at the placard on the drivers door and read for your size tire, the recommended pressure.

Read this when tires are 'cold'. Take it to Lexus, and have them put the recomended pressure in if it is off the chart.

While at the dealership test DRIVE another new 2013 with similar equipment, and drive it on a couple different roads similar to what you usually drive on. How was that ride ? If much different, find out the size and pressure in those tires .

Drive yours again after driving the test one, and with proper pressure in your tires.

Let us know your results here ?

Hang in there...

I'm on my 4th RX..2005, 2008, 2010, 2012. I recently drove the 2013 over 30 miles, and found it just like my 2012, as both had same size tires and brand.
  • Options
    ltunedltuned Member Posts: 1
    TTL and DOC were NOT included. They wre extra in addition to $45,668. That's why there a "+" sign after $45,668 and TTL and DOC. There's no way you can get this car with MSRP of $51,925 for $45,668 OTD. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    thejoker128thejoker128 Member Posts: 2
    Just wanted to share for the benefit of others how much I was offered for a new 2013 rx350 fsport. This was in the southern california area. I had called all dealers and negotiated by phone. I got the price down to 46,500 not including tax and title. MSRP was $52,300. This was during the december to remember promotion. I ended up not getting the it in the end,but felt like this was a decent price. Two dealerships were able to offer me that price but would not budge to go any lower. Hope this helps some of you.
  • Options
    nazzy100nazzy100 Member Posts: 82
    Tell us what dealer that was ?

It is allowed here to mentioned the Dealer. It's ok.
  • Options
    linkislinkis Member Posts: 6
    This RX has 3000+ mi & additional package features, what I can gather from description, are the wood trim & mats. Dealer (not Lexus) has it as Retail $49370 & listed at $43690. Went out to dealership to see the vehicle, but it has been taken off the lot (had been there for 50 days) & headed to auction. According to GM, said he could get it back if we were interested. Asked him what other features & said he didn't know. We mentioned price $38000 & he seemed disinterested. Did I make too low of an offer?! :confuse:
  • Options
    andy1993andy1993 Member Posts: 26
    i am looking to buy 2013 rx 350 rwd, nav, comfort package, luxury package with bkind spot, pre-collison with intutive parking with mrsp of 51690. i live in alabama. who much discount to ask 12% off of mrsp. any help is appreciated

thanks

andy
  • Options
    andy1993andy1993 Member Posts: 26
    would appreciate any help for rx 350 in alabama and atlanta area.
  • Options
    thejoker128thejoker128 Member Posts: 2
    The Lexus dealerships that offered the fsport at 46,500 were the one in beverly hills and cerritos. But in general many of the dealerships in the LA area were willing to sell at 47,000 or a little less. But it did take negotiation.
  • Options
    jack211jack211 Member Posts: 6
    HEY DOTBOWELS..I REALLY WAS IN TOTAL DISBELIEF WHEN I READ YOUR 2013 REVIEW, SINCE I FELT JUST THE OPPOSITE! WE AS WELL TRADED IN A 2010 AND THE SEATS IN IT, WERE VERY HARD AND THE RIDE WAS VERY STIFF. THE 2013 IS SIMPLY AMAZING. SOFT CUSHY RIDE AND VERY COMFORTABLE SEATS. WE DIDNT DRIVE THE 2013 BEFORE WE BOUGHT IT EITHER, BUT WHAT A PLEASANT SURPRIZE. REMINDED US OF OUR PREVIOUS CADDYS.
    I'D LIKE TO KNOW WHAT THEY (LEXUS)TELL YOU. I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THERE ARE DIFFERENT SEATS, BUT HOW DO THEY DETERMINE WHAT CAR THEY PUT THE SOFT SEATS IN?

GOOD LUCK AND HOPE EVERYTHING GOES WELL.
    JACK
  • Options
    THERE IS NO SUCH ANIMAL AS REAR WHEEL DRIVE. I DONT SEE LEXUS DOING 12% OFF THE MSRP. MAYBE 6%.
  • Options
    nissanznissanz Member Posts: 21
    I am in the market for an 2013 RX 350 AWD with Comfort, navigation and premium package. The MSRP is $49,545. The dealer's offer is $44,500. I can probably negotiate down to $44,000. Is this a good deal or should I wait for Model End Clearance?
    I am not in a hurry to buy now.
  • Options
    That sounds like a very good deal to me. I think I would grab that one before they change their mind.
  • Options
    nimiminimimi Member Posts: 249
    In reviewing the 2013 RX350 on the Lexus site, the premium/luxury packages all come with the 19" wheel option. They include a footnote that says the low profile tires get less than 15,000 miles on a set. Is that right? If I choose the options that include these 19" wheels and tires will I be locked into replacing the tires every year?

Does anyone have first-hand experience with this?
  • Options
    If they offered $44,500, I certainly would not offer $44,000. I would go for $43,000. You can certainly do better than $44,000 on this specific package.

Also, refuse to pay any documentation fees. Insist !!

Good luck.
    Steve
  • Options
    I offered $43000 but they said that they have never seen RX sell that low. Maximum lexus incentives they have seen is $2000 which happens in summer and by that time prices will be $500 up. There has been a price increase on RX this year.

They only have one RX in their lot with the "old price" in the color combination I want. I hope it doesn't get sold !

Other dealers in the area are not going lower than $46500.

Will $43500 be a good deal?
  • Options
    Yes, I would take $43,500. That's part of the reason to offer $43,000.

Another thing I have always said is to never believe anything a sales rep says. I mean nothing.

Depending on option packages it it certainly possible to get an RX350 for $43,000.

I always shop around but usually on the phone. I almost never walk into the dealership until we agree on a price over the phone.

Having said that, if you are in an area with one (or few) Lexus dealers, it makes negotiating difficult.

In my case, I shopped with 5 Lexus dealers.
    Steve
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Dealers are not an issue.. there are atleast 10 within 2 hr drive. I have talked to 4 so far.. and 3 of them quoted $46500-$47000. Only 1 quoted $44500. Also this includes destination and delivery charge.

Will try for $43000-43500. If it doesn't work, will try in July when 0.9% will be offered.

Thanks again for your advice !
  • Options
    gwalnutgwalnut Member Posts: 5
    it would be nice deal. would you please share the dealer's name for the one quoted $44500? Thanks.
  • Options
    deewlaydeewlay Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2013
    Hello all....New to this forum, but looking to see if i can get some advice. I'm looking into purchasing a 2013 RX350 AWD with the following:

* CP Comfort Pkg: Xenon HID Headlamps, Rain-sensing Wipers, Driver/Passenger Heated & Ventilated Seats
    * EK 12-spkr Premium Audio Pkg: Single DVD/CD Player, HD Radio w/iTunes tagging & 12-spkr Audio Sys
    * FT 19" Aluminum Alloy Wheels with All-Season Tires
    * NV Navigation System w/Voice Command, Backup Camera, Lexus Enform screen multimedia display & Lexus Enform with Destination Assist and eDestination, App Suite, SiriusXM NavTraffic, NavWeather, Stocks Sports & Fuel prices (1-year trial subscription included)
    * PA Intuitive Parking Assist
    * PD Premium Package w/Blind Spot Monitor System: Leather Trim Interior, Blind Spot Monitor System, One-Touch Open/Close Moonroof, Power-folding Electrochromic Heated Outside Mirrors, Driver's Seat/Steering/Mirror Memory-3 settings, Roof Rails
    * TO Towing Prep Pkg: Transmission Cooler, Heavy Duty Alternator/Radiator (does not include ball mount)
    * WU Wood & Leather Trimmed Steering Wheel & Shift Knob
    * Z1 Cargo Mat, Cargo Net, Wheel Locks & Key Gloves

Price as quoted was $45,600 + tax and license, and they said there's a $1k rebate currently being offered through LFS that brings it to $44,600.

It seems like a good price, but I just wanted to double check.

Btw, I'm located in Northern California.

Thanks!
  • Options
    What was the MSRP?