Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• saz25saz25 Member Posts: 152
    Its Lexus of Watertown. I'm not recommended them per se. I don't use them for service and I get mine serviced closer to where I live in NH. The only reason I bought the car from them is price only. And I mean, price only. I didn't like dealing with their sales manager, sales rep (totally clueless), or even the service dept the first (and only) time I was there.

I did all my negotiation with them on the phone. Even after I got there, they tried to re-neg on the agreed upon price. They finally agreed to honor the price we agreed to on the phone.

My suggestion is to call many dealers. Now that its a new month, you may not be successful till the end of the month.

Good luck.
    Steve
  • 911seeker911seeker Member Posts: 16
    It was the Herb Chambers.
  • frank_zhongfrank_zhong Member Posts: 3
    thanks a lot. I owe you one. I will do the same time as you did. I am living in Springfield, MA. Hours from Boston area.

Best,
    Frank Z.
  • frank_zhongfrank_zhong Member Posts: 3
    By the way, I assume that you got a deal of 12% off MSRP? Could you post your deal for 2013 RX350? Thanks a lot.

Frank Z.
    Nope, I'm only getting 10-11% off on MSRP.
    Here are three more quotes I got

one from NJ 47300 on 49K MSRP

Another one from MA 44900 on 49K MSRP

One from CT 44285 on 49K MSRP
  • mmejiammejia Member Posts: 9
    I personally think getting 10-11% is an outstanding deal.
    I know some folks get 12% but they may also be getting something else they are paying for not discussed on the forum.
    One thing that small but significant is the interest rate you are paying.
    You can find some low rates. I got 1.47% at BOA and I know there are a few more cheap rates out there.
    That will save you money....I am not an expert but I did buy a RX350 and was happy with my deal in Concord CA.
  • sridharssridhars Member Posts: 25
    911seeker - is it possible for you to provide the dealer name in CT? Appreciate your help. I am not getting a good deal in NJ.
  • zoombie99zoombie99 Member Posts: 320
    Also try Lexus of Mt. Kisco in NY. It was worth the ride for me from Bergen.
    BMW 2019 540x Bluestone
    BMW 2019 Glacier Silver X3 30i being built to replace a 2017 X3 (wife's)
    Lexus of Westport CT, 44000 best deal around here....
    Hoffman Lexus CT had advertised an internet special for one of their stock vehicles in edmunds. However, when approached with edmunds price certificate, they said that vehicle was not for sale but was a service loaner and they will sell a comparable vehicle but that special price is not valid. Perfect bait and switch....buyers beware.....
  • rosstopherrosstopher Member Posts: 8
    hey all, i live in portland, or and went to the only lexus dealership here on fourth of july. was looking at the 2013 RX 350 AWD with:

Comfort Pkg
    Premium Audio Pkg
    Navigation System
    Intuitive parking assist
    Premium Pkg
    Towing Prep Pkg
    Preferred Accessory Pkg

msrp was $51183
    invoice was $48332

they asked for $900 over invoice, i countered with $46000. they came back with invoice is lowest they will go. I walked away.

after reading some of the inputs from everybody here i though $46000 was pretty resonable. somehow they didnt budge.
    Absolutely stick to 46K....try dealers around portland, maybe an hour or two drive away. I'm sure you will find one willing to do that. And month end always helps. So try calling them a day or two before the last day of the month.
    Thanks a lot. Will call them end of this month.
    Thank You zoombie99!
  • mendota101mendota101 Member Posts: 17
    Three years ago I was in the market for a ES350. I used a service that had contacted several dealers all of whom had my contact information. The service came up with the invoice price as an acceptable purchase price.
    I received a phone call from a dealer who said he would sell the car for $4000 under invoice.
    The sticker was $44,xxx and I paid $33,5xx.
    The salesman drove 150 miles to pick me up as the car had to be off the lot the next day.
    How often are there these type of incentives?
  • zlszls Member Posts: 4
    Anyone have any recent experience in the Midwest (STL/KC etc) with pricing on MSRP ~ $47,000 models? (Premium + Blind Spot, AWD, etc)

Got a quote of ~$44K on a $47K model recently, and wondered if this number will be decreasing soon as the 14s start arriving?

Am looking to purchase 13 in the next month or 2 so any insight greatly appreciated.
    Hello Zls,
    Ask for 41300 or 2000$ off invoice price whichever is less. Lexus of Englewood, NJ or Lexus of Westport,CT or Herb Chambers Lexus,MA.

Month end always helps. You might or might not get good finance deals for 13's that went like last month.

Good Luck.
    None, now a days some dealerships switch and bait...you were very lucky to get that deal...dealership name please....
    Orland Park Lexus and Arlington Lexus in Chicago offered $44k for a $47 MSRP 2013.

Anyone else have lower offers they've seen?

I am skeptical that $2k under invoice would fly given the feedback I've gotten, but would welcome any other data points.
    Zls,
    Lexus of Englewood, NJ gave me a quote of 43500 for a 49600$ car. Lexus of westport, CT gave me a quote of 44000 for the 49600$ car and Herb Chambers Lexus ,MA gave me a quote of 44500 for a 50900$ car.

So please do not be shy about asking them for a 2000$ below invoice or 12% off MSRP deal, they have those prices inflated and will still make profit on the sale. They also have volume incentives to cover them for low deals.

I can share you the actual price quote email conversations and the sales contact names.

However, month end is the best time to approach them.

Good Luck.
    Thank you so much for your detailed response.

I am in the Chicago area so perhaps pricing isn't as aggressive as East Coast. In fact, TrueCar does show lower prices paid in the East.

There is a definite split in this area. Some dealers are holding firm at around 6% under MSRP, while a handful of others will go below invoice (dealer invoice, which includes $600 advertising) but not by $2K.

Will let you know how things progress.

Thank you again for the response.
  • rosstopherrosstopher Member Posts: 8
    thanks for the advise. its unfortunate that the next closest lexus dealer to me is probably in seattle.
    hi 911 seeker,

Can you please share the email conversations/sales contact names from the Englewood dealership? I am in Princeton area and will get in touch with them at the end of this month. I am fairly new to this forum so I am not sure if you can share all that information here. Thanks a lot.
  • nceencee Member Posts: 419
    RX 350 AWD with 82,000 (supposedly highway) miles?

Car seems very clean.

Are there any major scheduled maintenance issues at this milage that could be expensive?

The dealership is asking $20,995.00 for the car.

2T2HK31U89C098080

Skip
  • rar2rar2 Member Posts: 13
    edited July 2013
    911seeker, this info is so helpful. I was at Herb Chambers in MA (Sharon) today and they came down to 47.9K which was the true market value on Edmunds, it seemed, for the car i was looking at they claimed their invoice was 49.6K; RX 350 with Premium Pkg and a few other things, but not remote starter.

Seems you are saying it should have been much less? I'm possibly trading in my Rx350 2010 with 47.5K Miles on it. Been a while since I've been on Edmunds to research the car and trying to find where the price being paid in MA is ...seems like you have great insight into that as well.
    Hello Sridhars,
    I hope I got your name right, if not I'm sorry. Please speak to Jose Ramos or Simone Morejon. I wish you all the best, get a great deal and keep us posted.

Good Luck.
    Hello Rar2,
    For a 49600 car with premium pkg, I asked them to throw in the remote starter which is like 300$ approx. Their last price was 44500, 43800 seems to be a reasonable number, ofcourse month end helps, push for that number.

Good Luck.
    Don't ever believe a sales rep when they tel you the invoice price. Better yet, don't even discuss or mention the term "invoice price". You can calculate/determine invoice price from Edmunds or KBB. But the invoice price is only for your knowledge in determining what to make an offer for.

I've dealt with Chambers. They wouldn't negotiate on the phone, so I eliminated them immediately. I called many others in your area; IRA (Danvers and NH), also Watertown Lexus; all on the phone.

You can get, especially at the last couple days of the month, about $2000 less than invoice if you stick to your guns and don't go into the dealership till they accept your offer.

I also never look at what prices are in MA since most people don't negotiate well and that inflates the numbers. You can always do better.

Steve
    Thank You. I will get in touch with them in a week or so (month end) and post the details.
    Hello Chris,
    I checked my emails and I guess that price was arrived at during a phone conversation. Anyways, the dealership was Lexus of Englewood, NJ.
    The sales team was straight forward, very aggressive to close the deal and great customer service, they get back to you almost immediately.Geez I sound like their ad now lol, so I'm going to stop now :)

They do offer competitive pricing, but I suggest that you have a quote from some other dealership first or a few of them so that you can get that price and month end helps :)

Good Luck.
  • jeff011jeff011 Member Posts: 6
    Not sure if you tried at Prestige Lexus. I got mine for $1500 less than invoice from them. On top of it got an additional $1000 off as a rebate for financing through Lexus. Don't know if this offer still exists.

Tri County Lexus also offered me $1800 less than invoice but I went with Prestige because they have the car readily available with Michelin tires which I was particular about. Contact Brian there.

I contacted Lexus of Englewood also but they were not ready to commit to a price on the phone unless I put some credit authorization with them. I guess some of dealers do that to weed out non-serious buyers.
  • mel89mel89 Member Posts: 1
    im looking for a RX 350 with nav....what did you pay?
    Thanks Jeff
    Thank you so much, 911seeker. I'll definitely keep it in mind. I wasn't planning to buy at this time, but we'll see.

I did want the remote starter, which was in all the cars when I bought this one.

Really appreciate the information

Take care
    Thanks so much, Steve, really helpful information! You are right, never believe the salesman. I appreciate it.

We'll see- still debating but appreciate the help.
    Take care
    Hi, mnguyen, at the moment not looking to sell, but if that changes I will let you know.
    rar2
    Anyone have any experience with this dealer add-on product for a new RX 350?

- if anyone has any positive/negative feelings that has purchased the protection, and
    - prices paid or prices offered

Midwest dealer offered ~$1000 for 7-year but quickly lowered to $645 for 7-year.

Would love to hear any lower prices paid.

Any feedback greatly appreciated!
  • snowman22snowman22 Member Posts: 109
    After dealing with the less than thrilling experience of a KIA Optima hybrid--- we finally made the correct purchase of a Lexus RX 350. Loved the car from the git-go. Great seats---comfortable as ever possible. Great styling and the ride is nothing short of tremendously smooth and quiet. New deep red with saddle leather. All the goodies except Nav. Have that on my phone and IPad. After checking everything out---the bottom line for a lease on this vehicle"probably all leases" is go with the factory backed lease. Great monthly payment---only because of $1500 dollars off down money and in our case $427.00--our monthly-deducted first monthly payment. $1925 off of-total down. Best deal possible. You can possibly do better than that-- but it would be far and few if possible at all. Go with the factory lease. Then work out your trade in. That's where you can make or break your deal. Get Kelly Blue Book fair value price and your headed to home in your new ride. Let me add one thing--- that KIA was the hardest car I ever owned to get rid of. Dealers turned their noses up and came right out and said they don't want :blush: the car. No resale-- because of low lease prices on new models.mmine was a fully loaded 2011 optima hybrid with everything and 16,500 miles. Mint condition. Silver over black leather. No one wanted it. Finally the Lexus dealer gave me Kelly Blue Top price. Happy camper you bet. Got that KIA Albatross off my back and driving a stunning Lexus RX350. Life is good.
  • planolexusplanolexus Member Posts: 2
    What is a good price for a Lexus RX 350 in the Plano/Dallas area? Looking for RX 350 FWD with premium and navigation packages. The Park Place Lexus dealer quoted me

The msrp on the Premium model is $47,030; your discounted price is $43,352

The msrp on the Navigation model is $49,645; your discounted price is $45,767

Thanks
    You should be able to get at least 12% off MSRP especially if you make the deal on the last couple days of the month.

No problem. Give him your number and be firm.
    Good luck.
    Steve
  • s24ws24w Member Posts: 19
    Hello CarMan and Kyfdx,

I have been quoted the following figures in separate e-mail threads for a lease:
    RX 350 AWD w/o Navi
    MSRP: $47,160
    SELL Price: $46,160 - $1,500 rebate = $44,660
    Money Factor .0004
    Residual $27,352
    36 months, 10,000 miles
    Total due at signing: $1,000
    $540 / month based on their math.

I'm pretty sure the invoice for this combo is $44,019.
    Is it fair for me to go back and negotiate for 12% off MSRP to get $41,500.80
    AND get a money factor of .0004
    AND just pay $1,000 total due at signing?
    If so, my calculations using the edmunds lease calculator based on $41,500.80 is $445.75 / mo. including interest and MI 6% tax.

My second question, if I wanted to buy the vehicle at the end of the lease, will I end up paying full MSRP by the time everything is all paid off? Is there a way to make a lease into a buy still a good deal by negotiating any differently at the beginning / before signing the lease?
    I am not sure what the MF and RV for your terms, but yes definitely try for Invoice minus 1500 as selling price.

There are dealerships in Northeast offering that selling price for leases. I have been in negotiations for the last week or so.
  • s24ws24w Member Posts: 19
    I am not sure how they calculated / arrived at their monthly payment, but in a different e-mail I was given .0004 for the money factor, so I took that number and ran with it when calculating my payment. Their residual value is 58%, so that is what I used. Not sure if that should be modified.
  • opensesameopensesame Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    I have been trying hard to get dealers to give me a competitive quote on a RX350 AWD - my two local dealerships gave me almost no discount (2-3% off MSRP) and I have been expanding my search within a 300 mile radius.

I email the internet sales department and ask for their best price but some don't respond, others will commonly say the configuration I have is unavailable and try to upsell me on other things.

Then it's just crazy quotes like telling me they will beat my current best local offer by $200 when they know I am driving 6 hours to get there.

I wish I was back in California where competition actually existed.

Can someone give me some pointers?
  • rx350mnrx350mn Member Posts: 12
    edited July 2013
    Same here. Just $1000 less than MSRP. I live in Minnesota.
    Find out from Northeast dealerships if they can ship the vehicle to you (Wesport, CT - best price I've seen - 1500 below Inv)
    Tips.

You never ask the sales rep for a quote. Do your research, as I've explained on this forum, and then you control the conversation, by giving them your price.

Insist on never paying documentation fees.

Don't believe anything a sales rep says. This is key.

Buy on the last couple days of the month.

Don't email their internet department, instead call on the phone. Give them your price for the specific model (with options) you want.

Don't walk into dealership until they agree to your price on the phone. If they balk, call another rep or dealer.

Steve
  • snowman22snowman22 Member Posts: 109
    First off I understand the problem. We only have one Lexus dealer in Buffalo. Next dealer being in Rochester. But let me add--- I just picked up my RX350 last Monday night. Factory lease term's and all incentives included. That added up to $2000 in savings. This is on a lease for 27 months. I added 12000 miles per year rather than 10000. So what was left to pay out of pocket was mostly fee's and $1,300 down money. My monthly is $427.00. For this beautiful all wheel drive loaded--except Nav."did not want" auto I feel I did really well. :shades: :)
  • pschiffepschiffe Member Posts: 373
    I'm also in the Buffalo - Niagara region and on my second RX350. Both were purchased from the Rochester dealer although the Buffalo store is about 15 minutes from home. Unless things have changed radically, the Buffalo sales folks have a very cavalier attitude although the service department is most satisfactory. Although Rochester is about 75 miles distant, they welcome sales that they would not otherwise have made and it is well worth the drive to save several thousand dollars. My 2¢.

Pete :)