Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rx350mnrx350mn Member Posts: 12
    edited August 2013
    Sure. Good to hear from you. Please email to rx350mn AT gmail.com.
  • rosstopherrosstopher Member Posts: 8
    Looking to buy. $48,295 is the invoice price and they wont go below that.
  • foolsidfoolsid Member Posts: 15
    Did you consider getting your car shipped to your place from South California. if you think that's good option try contacting Lexus of Escondido. They might get you better deal than that including shipping. I am planning with to buy over there with rx350mn as well. if you think you can join us let us know probably we can get a better deal.
  • snowman22snowman22 Member Posts: 109
    I'm not understanding what your looking for. You say you want AWD and premium package + auto start. You state msrp of $48,295. That package and add on's should be msrp of about $46,000. Buy price would be about $43-44,000. Could be wrong package that's causing the problem for you. Premium would not include leather and many other preferred options. Also remember one thing about your financing---that low interest rate is going to be for a FICA of 800+ check what package and options you want and let me know what you come up with.
    I stand corrected--- leather is included in your selection. Sorry about that.
  • vandyman4vandyman4 Member Posts: 15
    Hi:
    I have a loaded low mileage 2012 RX350 and thinking of an early termination for the Sport model. Has anyone driven one or have an opinion? Do you have to use the shifting paddles all the time?
    Or am I better off waiting for the lease to end and get something else?
    Thanks,
    jon
  • wchewche Member Posts: 3
    A friend just leased an rx350 with the following:

MSRP 47,799
    27 months
    12k, 65% residual

537/ month tax included
    889 due at signing (includes 1st month)

How did he do? He negotiated by monthly payments...
    Your friend did well. Fair deal. The clinchers would be little out of pocket and the 12,000 miles per year. Good job.
  • saz25saz25 Member Posts: 152
    Hi,
    If snowman22 is telling you to expect to pay $43,000 - $44,000 for a $46,000 RX, he is misleading you, bigtime !!. He sounds like a dealer to me.

First of all you don't negotiate from the MSRP. That's what a dealer wants you to do. You start with invoice and go down from there.

Knowledgable buyers can get at least 10% off MSRP. And much less than invoice.

I don't know his motives, but he doesn't seem to be helpful price-wise.
    Steve
    > Looking to buy. $48,295 is the invoice price and they wont go below that.

My suggestion is to find another dealer. I have never bought a car of any type/brand/model, and paid invoice. Always less. Dealers love to sell at invoice. They can make many thousands of dollars at the point.

Regardless of what dealers tell you, you can factor in holdback and many other incentives and then make an offer.

Just shop around.

Steve
    Ok. Lets start over. What you want would have a msrp of about $46,000. The invoice price would be around $43,000. Regardless of what the man behind the curtain is saying--a good deal as of today--would be around the $43,000 area. If you can do better more power to you. But I stand on what I stated----$43 would be good. You can sit and wait as long as you want---and yes--- the price and terms will get better by the Dec. to remember. But--do you want to wait that long----be my guest. The man behind the curtain---I have to wonder what color the sky is in his world.
    PS--- not a dealer-- though I have put together many deals. Remember--pie in the sky is just that--pie.
    Just felt compelled to comment on your remarks. I have found many times in the past that people on these blog's are typically just blowing smoke to make up for some lack of authority in their lives. Generally speaking it's the only way they have for a sense of knowledge and or authority. They most likely could only dream of owning or putting together any deal costing more than the price of a used Yugo. Not saying your in that club---but stop putting bull---- into the heads of people who are trying to garner information. Your the one that will hamper and not expand their ability to close a FAIR deal for both parties. Yes--both parties. Buyer and dealer. It's a two way street
    I have not considered looking in california yet. are you in oregon as well?
    Sorry for the confusion. MSRP for AWD and Premium Package is $51,189. Invoice is $48,295. They wont go below that. The very first offer I made was $46,000. Auto start is not included in this, I personally wanted it and on the Lexus website its $499 MSRP, which has never been included in the negotiations.
    Thanks Steve, i think what I stated in previous posts were confusing, he was thinking MSRP is $46,000.

MSRP: $51,189
    Invoice: $48,295
    My offer: $46,000

I want to add the auto start to it ($499 MSRP), I forgot to mention that at the beginning of negotiations and I worry that adding it now gives them more leverage.
    Snowman22,
    Again you sound like a dealer or someone paid by Lexus.

I am not putting bull. I buy cars myself and for family members, and sometimes for friends and neighbors. I don't expect anything in return.

I have purchased cars (Lexus, Hyundai, and Toyota) in the last year; all for significantly less than invoice. And I did the negotiation over the phone. Also, it was in 3 different states (Florida, Mass, and NH). These were deals for myself (Lexus) and the others for family members.

Personally, I think what you are doing results in people spending more on the car, which might be what you intend.

Steve
    At this point in time if you can get that fully loaded RX for invoice your are where you should be for a buy. I know--- ya gotta get it below invoice --- wait a few months and could be --but right now your not going to get their best selling vehicle much cheaper. That vehicle is one hot seller. Hot selling vehicles don't go cheap. Their not going to sell it to you cheap when they can sell it tomorrow for more money without even trying. The only way that would happen is if their sales take a dumper because of lower pricing by other high end vehicles. Even then that has never entered the equation for Toyota Motors Lexus line.
    REALLY-- I sticking with my hypothesis.
    Ok, So based on those numbers, I'd start, like you did, at about $46,000, but $46,500 or maybe a bit higher isn't bad. But I certainly would not pay invoice. I have purchased cars 50 miles away and still had them serviced locally.

I also learned that you have more leverage towards the last few days of the month since they need to meet quotas.

Good luck,
    Steve
    Hopefully people will see where snowman22 is coming from. Not providing useful advise to help buyers save money.

Why else are we on this forum on the first place? To share tips on saving money......

Maybe snowman22 is from Alaska where there may be one Lexus dealer for a thousand miles, so you pay what they tell you to pay.

Steve
    Atta boy--- I just won my bet---thank you for being so obvious.
    I'm willing to go $47k, I just dont want to pay invoice, I feel like if I settle on a price they offer as oppose to having them settle on my price, I am the one that's leaving the a fool.

I'm not in a hurry to get the car, maybe I'll just wait til the '14 model to come out and start the negotiations anew
    If you don't want to wait till the '14 comes out, just call them on about the last 2 days of the month. Give them your price and say that you will buy today at this price. I bought mine on the 30th of the month.

On the other hand, if you do wait till the '14 are about to come out, I would be even more aggressive on price; at least $2500 under invoice. At that point, they want to unload the "old cars asap.
    Stevce
  • ken117ken117 Member Posts: 249
    Actually, it is very possible to buy under invoice. There is always holdback and other dealer incentives which often allow the dealer to sell low. The key is to buy the right vehicle at the right time. A further key is, of course, knowledge.

The pricing information which can be gleaned on these forums is a nice component to knowledge. One bit of knowledge which can be found is if dealers are selling low at a given time. That can suggest a good time to buy. However, this information must be viewed with some caution as each person has certain bias.

The best method I have found to arrive at a target price is to start at invoice and reduce that amount by holdback and incentives. Add a profit amount and work the negotiation from that number. What is the worst that can happen? You will likely have to increase the computed amount but at least you have some idea as to what constitutes a good deal. Much better than relying on vague prices posted on the Internet.
  • dfwone8thdfwone8th Member Posts: 1
    Interested in getting a base FWD RX 350. Got a quote of $41,000 (including basic premium and delivery/handling, but no navi or blind spot; excluding tax of course). Should I take this offer? Or is there room to negotiate further?

Thanks very much!!
  • vagabond2vagabond2 Member Posts: 3
    s24w - i am in the mkt looking to lease a 2013 Rx 350 AWD in MI & have been following the posts here. Looks like you are in a similar area so checking if you got any good deals either in MI or in neighboring states.
    I agree with ken117 so much !!!!!

Thats exactly what I've been saying.

Way to go .
    Steve
  • bsdstonebsdstone Member Posts: 4
    Looking at both of these. Found a red with black that the wife really likes. Was the "managers car"
    http://www.lcpo.com/VehicleDetails/certified-2013-Lexus-RX_350-AWD_4dr-Highland_- Park-IL/2042957783

Pretty well loaded with Factory Navigation w/ Back up Camera - Intuitive Park Assist - Heated/Ventilated Leather - Am Fm Cd Aux Xm USB - Tow Prep Package. Tow prep package does nothing for me, but the rest we really like.

Asking 43,500...any idea what a good number would be on this?
    Any help is much appreciated!!!
    Not knowing what the MSRP is on this if it was new, it's hard to say.

To me, this does not seem like a good deal.

I know what I paid for my fully loaded RX with 0 miles and it wasn't much more than that. My MSRP was over $51k.

I also don't believe what that they say in the ad. 13,000 miles in a year seems like pretty normal everyday driving.

This is a 1 year old used car. You should be able to buy this exact model new for $45,000 - $46,000.

To buy that used I wouldn't pay over $40,000.

Steve
  • bsdstonebsdstone Member Posts: 4
    Great, thanks.

Any idea where I can find more research on buying a new one? That number you are quoting is within our price range if we went new.

Thanks for your help!
    Hi,
    One of the best places to get the numbers is here on Edmunds. You can get the invoice price for the model (with options) you want.

Hold back numbers are here:
    http://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/dealer-holdback/

You shouldn't mention hold back in your discussions with the sales rep, but certainly use it to determine what price you want to offer.

When you search on Edmunds for new cars, in the results box, there is a heading called "MORE". Under that you will see a selection called "Incentives". Factor those in to your price target as well regardless as to whether you qualify. These are buckets of money from the manufacturer which the dealer can draw from. Again, no need to mention them per se, but reduce your target price by them.

Hope this helps.
    Steve
  • s24ws24w Member Posts: 19
    I finally sealed a deal I felt good about on an AWD with blind spot & back up camera. :)

I was able to get it for no higher than invoice and received a great MF .0004 (with excellent credit), 58% residual on 36 months and under $1,000 to sign and drive. Could I have fought tooth and nail for more reductions? Or waited until the end of the month? Maybe, but in my area it's just not common to see the super 12-15% off generous discounts floating out there. I was ready to get the new vehicle and bring it home at a fair price, not necessarily a major, in-your-face steal.

I shopped three other dealers, two of which were the closest to me and one that was out of state. I only had to travel a little over an hour to get the deal. I dealt with all dealers over the phone and through e-mail (except for the first where I test drove), so I mainly built a relationship with each dealer over the course of a number of days to a couple of weeks, asking lots of questions and just being interested about various models and what the numbers were, until I was offered the best deal and decided to take it after just a touch of negotiating downward. The internet department contact seems to be a great way to start out, depending on how the dealership is set up.
    I tried different approaches including boldly presenting a low ball amount of what I wanted to pay & pick up the vehicle same day, but that just wasn't effective. I didn't have a vehicle nor time to drive around and spend all sorts of time in dealerships with the sales people. But I was able to get a deal through phone and e-mail correspondence that in the end sat well with me. I gave each of them a chance to get to know me a little on the phone and described what I was looking for, and I think that was a genuine approach. Good luck to all of you still shopping and happy hunting!
  • veklyvekly Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a RX350 AWD

MSRP $41060
    Premium package $ 8720
    All weather cargo mat $ 105
    Cargo net envelope $ 59
    Wheel locks $ 81

Total $50935

Actual Paid: $47935

Also got a credit of $1500 for lease credit.

Came across this forum after I bought. Hope I did ok.
    You did well. The national average is what you paid. Let the nay Sayers begin. They always think they can do better than anyone else. None of them have any credence. They just love to make believe. Could you have done a bit better --sure-- could you have done a lot worse--you bet your life you could have. So be happy with your vehicle and your price paid. You did just fine.
  • slugflowslugflow Member Posts: 5
    Hi all

I m in Houston. Get a offer for rx350 fwd fully loaded including navigation and everything. The offer is 45900. Should I go for it.

Thanks
    Hi all

I m in Houston. Get a offer for rx350 fwd fully loaded including navigation and everything. The offer is 45900. Should I go for it.

Thanks
    Ps the invoice is 46700
    I would but only if there is no documentation fee. If there is, I'd subtract the doc fee from the offer.

I almost always fight to eliminate doc fees. It works for me most of the time.
    Steve
    Thanks Steve
    OTD is about 49000 including 6.25% tax, 119 registration and 130 ducument.
    I don't want to fight against them with a ridiculous reduced offer. So u think it is a good offer. Any cutting down space?
    If your msrp is around $48k you did pretty good--couple hundred over but still good deal.
  • texanav8ertexanav8er Member Posts: 1
    I'm also looking for a reasonable price on a new 2013 RX 350 here in Houston. Could you recommend a dealer in the area? The one I dealt with recently didn't won't to budge off the MSRP.

Try Lansing or Ann Arbor. I think they are owned by same people, so whichever one is closer, you could try.
    edited August 2013
    For those of you who have their minds set on only walking away with a steal, decide how much you really want the vehicle and how much time you have to invest into haggling. For me, I only wanted white for the color and I really wanted the blind-spot monitoring (due to the aerodynamic design of the vehicle, windows, and some of the reviews I read). Availability wasn't that great here and one of the dealers wanted to charge me $695 to go locate one. I knew for my peace of mind, it would be wise to have the blind spot option. It's a bummer that it's not standard like on other competing models. When I first started pricing out the vehicle in my market, I found that they just aren't handing out the discounts anywhere close to invoice. They would take off $2500 from MSRP (including the $1500 lease cash) and stayed pretty adamant about their pricing, even when I said hey, I'll pay you x amount and pick up vehicle that day. In the end, the deal I received on an all wheel drive was better than the front wheel drive quotes with reductions others were offering in my nearest market. My lease payment is LESS on the AWD than the FWD others quoted me. And it was less than the out of state AWD deal. I received a higher % off MSRP, about 10%. Also, for what it's worth, I priced out the Buick Enclave including all of the eligible GM rebates and discounts I was eligible for and it would have cost me more than the Lexus deal I scored! To me, there's something to be said about that. :-) If you aren't picky about color or packages, then wait it out and see what you can get. We are expecting another child in the next few weeks and are moving, so we couldn't hold things off for too much longer. I enjoyed the drive home from the dealer where I purchased it from and did find the blind spot feature very helpful when on the freeway.
  • icarosicaros Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone. I a new to leasing and I am not sure how to figure out if I received a good lease price.
    I was quoted today for a 2013 rx350 49650 msrp. 564 a month for a 33 month lease 15000 miles a year. First month and 67 dollars for dmv plate transfer out of pocket only. Everything else rolled into payments. Basically the car has everything except the blind spot detection.

Please let me know if this sounds like. Good deal. I called 10 dealers and this was the cheapest.

Thank you
  • karhill1karhill1 Member Posts: 165
    But average does reveal many really did pay less. Clearly paying average likely means money was left on the table. Why settle for average when better is available?
    In my humble opinion you did well. Your key was almost nothing out of pocket. But let me add----- end of year pricing. Sept. could lower down money more than current. Also-- Dec. to remember "late Nov." could even be better. That's if you want to wait that long. Your current offer is fine. No money out of pocket is the best way to lease.
  • css1css1 Member Posts: 247
    I'm picking this up next Friday,

2013 RX 350 F sport w/Nav, BSM, and Park assist - Obsidian
    (August build)

MSRP: 52,290
    sold for: 47,600 (9% off list)
    $1,500 lease rebate
    $1,000 dealer cash
    12K/yr @ $487/mo for 27 months.......718 due at signing
    $513. /mo if I roll it in

This is not the best deal but I purchased my wife's IS from them without issue.

Mostly everyone has done well here - Enjoying your ride is all that counts
    i have already finalized my deal. much lower than this price. actually i usually doubted the price quoted on-line. i was told this was a good deal. but it is NOT ALL. i thought some people on this forum might be on dealer's side.

you know what i mean!!

i was relocated to Houston by my company, and yes, i am new to us and houston. i found sales in US "did really great job".

so, real buyers, if u read my post here, do not believe the price that u r told here. DO cut down the money as reasonable you think (of course, not that ridiculous price). good luck!
  • smiley415smiley415 Member Posts: 8
    VEHICLE INQUIRY REPORT DATE: 08/28/13
    # PERFORMANCE FEATURES
    * 3.5 Liter 270HP Four Cam 24-Valve V6 Engine
    with Variable Valve Timing (VVT-i)
    * 6-Sp Automatic Transmission w/"Snow Mode"
    * Electric Power Rack-and-Pinion Steering
    * 4-Wheel Power Assisted Ventilated Front & Solid
    * Rear Disc Brakes
    * 18" Aluminum Alloy Wheels
    # SAFETY FEATURES
    * Dual Advanced Front Airbags, Driver & Passenger
    Knee Airbag, Front & Rear Side Curtain Airbags
    Front & Rear Seat Mounted Side Airbags
    * 3-Point Safety Belts for All Seating Positions
    * Front and Rear Outboard Seat Belt Pretensioners
    w/Froce Limiters, Fr Manual Height Adj. Anchors
    * Front Active Headrests
    * 4-Wheel Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) with
    Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD), Brake
    Assist (BA) / Vehicle Stability Control (VSC)
    * Smart Stop Technology
    * Energy Managing Crumple Zones, Side Door Beams
    * Vehicle Theft-Deterrent Sys w/Engine Immobilizer
    * Automatic On/Off Headlamps / Integrated Fog Lamps
    * LED Daytime Running Lamps (DRL)
    * Safety Connect: Automatic Collision Notification,
    Stolen Vehicle Location, Emergency Assist Button
    (SOS), and Enhanced Roadside Assistance
    (1-year trial subscription included)
    * Variable Intermittent Front Wipers
    * Tire Pressure Monitoring System
    Tool Kit and First Aid Kit
    # LUXURY AND CONVENIENCE FEATURES
    * Lexus Premium Audio System, Automatic Sound
    Levelizer (ASL), In-Glass Antenna with
    FM Diversity System, USB iPOD/MP3 Control,
    Bluetooth Technology, SiriusXM Satelite
    Radio (90-day trial subscription included)
    * Auto Dual Zone Climate Control Sys w/Rear Vents
    * 10-Way Power Driver''s & Front Passenger''s Seats
    * Power Tilt-and-Telescopic Steering Column
    * Height Adjustable Headrests for All Seats
    * Reclining/Sliding 40/20/40 Split Rear Seat
    * 3-Spoke Steering Wheel with Audio Controls
    * Cruise Control
    * Power Windows w/One-Touch Auto Open/Close Feature
    * Power Back Door
    * Lexus Homelink Universal Transceiver
    * SmartAccess Passive Entry System
    * Rear Black Privacy Glass/Integrated Rear Spoiler
    * Genuine Wood Interior Trim
    * LCD Screen for Ventilation, Audio Settings
    * Multi-Information Display with Lexus Personalized
    Settings, Trip Computer & Outside Temp Display
    * Tonneau Cover
    * Carpeted Floor Mats

12-spkr Premium Audio Pkg: Single DVD/CD Play
    HD Radio w/iTunes tagging & 12-spkr Audio Sys
    19" Aluminum Alloy Wheels with All-Season Tir
    Heated and Ventilated Front Seats ..........
    Navigation Sys w/Voice Command, Backup Camera
    Lexus Enform w/Destination Assist and ......
    eDestination, App Suite, SiriusXM NavTraffic,
    NavWeather, Stocks Sports & Fuel prices (1-ye
    trial subscription included) ...............
    Intuitive Parking Assist ...................
    Premium Package Includes: Leather Trim Interi
    One-Touch Open/Close Moonroof, Power-folding
    Electrochromic Heated Outside Mirrors, Driver
    Seat/Steering/Mirror Memory-3 settings .....
    Wood & Leather Trimmed Steering Wheel & Shift
    Cross Bars .................................
    Cargo Mat, Cargo Net, Wheel Locks & Key Glove ---------
    Total .......................................: $ 48359.00

What should I offer for this vehicle? Someone please give me some ballpark numbers
  • texasrntexasrn Member Posts: 6
    Did you end up purchasing from them? I got a quote for a similarly equipped 350 with nav, comfort and premium pkg with blind spot monitor & park assist for 46680. Do you think it's a good deal? Not sure if you had the extra items in your quote. Thanks.
  • smiley415smiley415 Member Posts: 8
    Hey is 46680 out the door price?