Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Lexus RX 350 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• harry98harry98 Member Posts: 11
    So Fl. JM Lexus.
  • riteshnriteshn Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Harry. Ya what a smooth ride
  • dinamo1975dinamo1975 Member Posts: 12
    Is it a good offer?
    FY14 RX AWD MSRP-47450
    Lease 26 payments X $378/mo
    Residual price $33191
    OTD-$4900 in Virginia
    Ready to take it home today.
  • lifulifu Member Posts: 3
    a great deal! could you share the following info:

1. MSRP for the car
    2. dealership location

thanks a lot!
  • pschiffepschiffe Member Posts: 373
    The December, 2013 issue of Consumer Reports once again rates the RX first in predicted-reliability in the Luxury SUVs classification. Positive (above average) ratings were attained by the following, listed best to worst:
    Lexus RX
    Lexus RX Hybrid
    Audi Q7
    Lexus GS
    Infinity QX56
    Buick Enclave
    Porsche Cayenne
    Negative (below average) ratings for the following, again best to worst:
    Infinity FX (V6)
    Cadillac Escalade
    Mercedes-Benz GL-Class
    Mercedes-Benz M-Class (V6)
    Infinity JX
    Volkswagen Touareg
    Lincoln MKX
    Mercedes Benz M-Class (diesel)
    Lincoln MKT (EcoBoost)
    More info including percentages in the magazine or on-line to paid subscribers.

Pete Schifferli
  • jml1949jml1949 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks Harry.
  • jml1949jml1949 Member Posts: 3
    Anyone heard anything about a newly redesigned 2015 rx 350 to be available in early part of 2014?
  • hnravahnrava Member Posts: 1
    Hi Ritesh Can you share with me where are you located. I am looking at the same car but even without Navigation my prices is high. I was hoping to see if you are same state as I am .. I am in TX.
  • flagrlflagrl Member Posts: 13
    Hi Harry,

I am looking to purchase a base model RX350 within the next week or so. I was wondering the other Lexus Dealers, outside JM, that you negotiated with? I know there are like 6 or so from Miami to Palm Beach. Which were the most interested in dealing?

Also, on your deal. When you say 15%. Are you saying that you got the sale price of the car knocked down 15% off MSRP of $51,000? to $43,350k? I am confused, because then you mentioned a $7k trade? I just want to be sure I understand how far down they are willing to go, without any trade-in's and discussing taxes.

I appreciate your help!! Are you loving the car? How is the gas mileage?
  • felinerfeliner Member Posts: 3
    Msrp 50304
    Offer46304
    Before Tax and lic and before :December to remember incentive(2000) rebate for partial financing
    is this good?
    Car include premium package and comfort package..roof bars...tow prep pkg wood steering wheel
    18 in wheels..park assist...
  • snowman22snowman22 Member Posts: 109
    Just to bring the msrp up to your figure I had to add Nav,audio upgrade and a few other things. With a msrp in your post the invoice price is around $47k and the fair market value you should expect to pay would be around $45k. I did not see any $2000k incentive. Only an offer to pay 1st installment. Unless your being told something above and beyond the Xmas to remember. So if there is a extra $2000 k--- your deal would not be very good. You should get the vehicle for $45 minus the $2000 k you quote for a price of $43 k.
    Yes I have those options..i thought they were part of the premium package...
    I did not see the incentive either but the salesman told me that there was 2000 rebate incentive for financing...minimum to finance about 15K..with 4 months of payments required before paying off..
    The msrp is 50304. And his offer to me is 46304. Don,t have any other offers less than that...did get three..Any suggestions how to get the price lower other than walking out.? think i would be happy to get it 10% off which is what you are suggesting. Thanks for your comment..
    I made a mistake. The msrp is 51304 not 50304. So 46300 is looking better.
  • bbrook4bbrook4 Member Posts: 1
    Got my first quote on an RX350 and was hoping to gauge where I am. Price was for a 2014 FWD with the following: CP EK FT NV PA PD TO WU 3T Z1

Here is what they told me
    MSRP. 50,299
    Offer. 47,799
    Financing rebate. 2,000
    TTL. Approx 3,200
    Total. 49,014

Appreciate any help I can get.
    Go to edmunds.com
    Incentives--- that will tell you about any incentives available.
    Then go to edmunds TMV.---that's true market value. That will tell you what you will pay. They are close to being on the money.
    You will see the incentive for first payment.
    You will see the price others are paying in your area.
    Your going to see the figure of what you should pay.
    Print a copy and take it with you.
    It does work.
    If they say no--- walk out
    Go to another dealer
  • nikhanikha Member Posts: 5
    Just bought 2014 RX 350 Starfire pearl with parchment interior FWD with following packages in SF Bay Area :

AP CP EK NV PA PD WU 3T Z1 viz

1. Sport Appearance Package
    2. Comfort Package
    3. Navigation package
    4. Premium Package with Blind Spot Monitoring
    5. Wood and leather trimmed steering wheel
    6. Cross bars

MSRP - 49989
    Offer - 42400 which includes Cash Rebate of 2000

Total OTD - 46800 (California Tax + DMV license fee)
    Your numbers don't add up. MSRP should be close to $52k with everything you state.
    If that's the case then even better for me isn't it. I saved more and my dealer allowed me to save more.

I posted this message so that other in a similar situation can benefit from my price figures. It is now up to the potential to treat whichever price s/he feels appropriate.

For me the source of truth is what the dealer printed out as Vehicle Inquiry Report which contains the VIN for the vehicle which I purchased and has the MSRP which I mentioned in my earlier post.
  • derek037derek037 Member Posts: 7
    nikha -

which dealership in the bay area did you visit and were you working with the internet manager? thanks, you got a killer deal on the RX350. still contemplating between 2013 vs 2014.
  • soulsurfer1soulsurfer1 Member Posts: 3
    I'm interested in a White 2014 RX350 F Sport. From what I gather, this vehicle is fully loaded, MSRP is $52.7K. My offer is $47,500 before $2K finance rebate. Dealer said okay, but I used the excuse I needed to discuss with spouse. Is this a good deal? Also on the fence whether I should lease. If I proceed down the lease path, am I suppose to negotiate monthly payment or purchase price? I'm a newbie to leases so any help would be appreciated?
    derek037,

Lexus dealer in Fremont. I worked with Internet sales manager.

Hope this helps !
    Thanks Nikah, much appreciated. Will visit the dealership this weekend.
  • cyang42cyang42 Member Posts: 2
    hi, derek

I am also planning to buy a rx350. I thought 13 should be cheaper than 14. Have you compared price from local dealers? I also checked the price on carsdirect, the target price of 2013 base AWD with no package is about 35~36k. how do we consider this price?
    I was working with some dealerships for the 2013 in Arizona, as thats where the vehicle will primary be. However, the best pricing from their internet managers without negotiation was a tad under 40k with premium, cross bar, audio package, heated seats, leather trim.

One of the internet managers from Fremont contacted me last night with one of similar specs as the above as the 2014 at 39.2k right off the bat, so go figure. I don't know how they will move any 2013s if the 2014s are priced more aggressively.
  • cyang42cyang42 Member Posts: 2
    hi, derek

Thanks!

I am in arizona, ASU. About to graduate and already find a job in Intel, CA.
    I checked many car buying websites, such as truecar, carsdirect, carwoo and edmunds, they price of rx in AZ is always higher than that in CA, maybe 1k ~2k. Actually i dont understand why you say AZ is where the car will primary be.

anyway, I will go for a test drive friday. If you think we can get better offers if we buy together, maybe we can give a try. BTW, 2014 has 2k rebate rightnow. why dont you go for 2014? does 2013 also have 2k rebate?

Thanks
    Hi Derek,

While working with the same dealer is a good idea, mentioning forum reference of the car and its price to the specific level of trim and option might not be a good idea. I posted the price on public forums so that others can benefit from it and get a sense of what dealers are asking for a specific car.
    I rest my case on those bogus numbers------
    Hello kyfdx,

Do you have the December residuals and money factors for the following Lexus:

2014 RX350 (base model)

15k miles per year; 27 and 36 months please!

Thank you very much!
    I really like this blog. But it never ceases to amaze me. The same questions are asked over and over. Everyone want to know the residual and money factor for a lease. Nothing wrong with that. But----with all the factory leases offered--why would anyone think they can get a better lease using those numbers. Quite simply---- you can't. Factory offered"backed" leases are the cheapest and best lease your going to get. Your only fall out will be if you don't have the FICA score for those great lease rates. But then--- you would be worse off trying to get that lease using residual and money factor numbers. Bottom line is---- if you have excellent credit you will get a great factory offered lease on just about any auto. If you don't----- then you can expect to pay the going rate based on poorer numbers. That's the way it is and that is how it all works.
    Snowman,

I am glad I cease to amaze you, but you are not correct. All you do on here is complain and harass other users who are looking for help in making a lease or purchasing decision. Now you are targeting me for asking for #'s from kyfdx, seriously?

I know exactly how to lease a car this will be my 4th lease and you are not correct with the "factory based lease" deals for many reasons. I do sign and drive deals, and the "factory deals" typically require money upfront. I also need more than 10k miles per year and don't want the time frame they are offering. I always walk out with a better deal then the advertised "factory deals" and I have top tier credit.

So, to be a smart and savvy shopper, I do need to know the current residuals and money factors, as I still negotiate on the price of the car.

I am sorry my questions to KYFDX bother you so much to have to post on this.
  • gman95gman95 Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2013
    Can someone evaluate my lease and tell me where I might have done better. This is my first leasing experience:

2014 AWD RX350 With Nav. 27 Months 10K per year:

MSRP: $50,300
    Gross Cap:$46,770
    Cap Buydown: $2799
    Adjusted Cap: $43,971

Monthly Payment of $410 before taxes and my trade

RV= 35,021
    MF=.001
    Thanks
    Can't amaze everyone. First off this is not to harass. Sorry you feel your point is the only point. Also sorry that what you state is nothing more than someone trying to sound like he know's what he is doing. What might you think a sign and drive is- it's a factory backed lease my man. And wow you have had four lease deals-- wow again. Plus-- you can negotiate any and all aspects of the factory lease.mileage,months etc.this holds true on any lease-- factory or otherwise.Your post clearly shows you are not proficient
    In putting together any type of auto lease other than what you think is correct. Sorry--- you are over your head in this area and it shows in your statements.Remember-- a dealer has guidelines to follow. Those are set by the manufacturer. Any deal you get is within those lines.Those areas can change and offer better deals in a blink.All predicated on model sales. More popular models= fewer great deals. Slower sellers=some great deals. All backed by factory leases within guidelines. Once again-- you will never do better. Even if your the owners kid.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,046
    1) Factory lease? You mean a lease through the captive finance arm of Lexus, Lexus financial Services? LFS numbers are the only ones I give.

2) Can't do better? The advertised lease leaves a lot of profit for the dealer. If you want to go in and say, "Give me the advertised lease", the dealer will be very, very happy. Knowing the actual money factor and residual allows the prospective lessee know where he can negotiate a better deal.

3) Knowledge is power, when it comes to negotiating.. Knowing your numbers can get you a much better deal than the next guy. There really is no such think as a "factory lease". LFS sets the money factor and the residual, but they don't control the selling price... That's between the buyer and the dealer.. and, that makes a big difference in the lease price. Also, many, many Lexus dealers mark up the money factor for extra profit.. That can easily add $50/month to a lease price.. If you don't know the numbers, you won't know they are doing it..

Edmunds forum members come here to get knowledge to help them get the best deal. Unless you are a car dealer, that's a good thing.. Also, most are here to get good advice.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

OMG---- what color is the sky in your world----

No reason to butt heads with you.Your only going to believe what you want---and--- that's ok.Just keep going down your primrose path.
    Good luck
  • jmazguyjmazguy Member Posts: 1
    I am a greenie to SUV. I wanna purchase a pre owned lexus rx 350. I am thinking about 2009 vs 2010. Which one i should get?
    Total redesign for 2010. Get the 2010. It is wider has larger wheels,bigger brakes,six speed transmission"better gas mpg",keyless ignition,more air bags. Need I say more. 2010 is almost the sameas the new 2013-14 RX. Slight difference in sheet metal-- front end---also hidden rear wiper. Makes for nice clean lines. And did I say looks almost the same as the 2013-14. It's a no lose buy of the 2010.
    If your in snowman town-- get all wheel drive.
  • lnylny Member Posts: 7
    I have NEVER leased using the "factory sponsored" leases. They are absolutely the worst deal for the consumer. If you are knowledgeable about leasing and time your lease properly, you can get a great lease and save a considerable amount of money.
  • gwarrenflgwarrenfl Member Posts: 96
    kyfdx,
    Thank you for your very professional and realistic answer to snowman22. The INFORMATION and advice we get from this forum is incomparable. I have not found any other site that provide you with the TRUE Bottom Money factor available. You may be able to get the Residuals elsewhere and disclosed during the negotiations. However the dealer will most often TRY to mark up the MF, even if you have leased from them several times before they still try. So knowing in advance helps to make you an educated consumer.

If someone believes that they get the best deal offered via the "Advertised" specials they are very mistaken. I thank you and Car_man for your help over the years. I have leased over 10 vehicles in the past 15 years (I believe I started around 1997) with this forum. And with your help I know that I have gotten very fair deals, but only because I was able to walk into the dealer prepared.

Thank you again,
    gwarrenfl
    Nikha - thanks for sharing your price paid on your 2014 RX, I was able to close my deal last night for 40.8K with fewer packages than your vehicle.

Cyang - if you are able to purchase the vehicle in CA, I would do so as this will save you at least a couple thousand dollars. the AZ dealers won't even come close to what is being offered here. best of luck
  • aj650aj650 Member Posts: 4
    Derek - Can you tell me the dealer and sales rep you worked with? I am in the bay area also. Thanks for your help.
    AJ - magnussen in fremont. the forums rules do not allow for posting the sales rep. do an inquiry on truecar and you should be connected to the rep.
  • samrinasamrina Member Posts: 2
    Derek
    Could you please describe your car package details?
    Thanks
    samrina -

msrp approximately 48.9k
    2014FWD
    navigation
    19 wheels
    accessory
    premium w/ blind spot
    cross bar
    heated seats
    leather trim
  • samrinasamrina Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Derek. this sounds like a really good price 40.8K for Navigation package. I am assuming its the OTD price.
    edited December 2013
    Hi Derek,

I am glad that my figures helped you prepare for the negotiations and you could close the deal to the best of your satisfaction. Also clearly asserts that the figures weren't bogus as such.

Besides, I was a bit stringent on the exterior and interior color, and for the packages which I was looking for there were only 2 cars available in the entire Bay Area.
    $52,709 is what your msrp should be with everything you have listed. You can fudge your purchase price but not the msrp. Sorry--- your numbers are still bogus.

Respectfully
    Snowman
    40.8k was before TTL, the OTD price wouldn't help as much as TTL varies from city to city. Since Nikha and I purchased our vehicles so close together, this basis is better than the average from what you get through the other sites if you are in the bay area. On top the dealership was kind enough to do a trade-in to get us the color combination that we wanted. Best of luck
  • aj650aj650 Member Posts: 4
    Derek and Nikha,

I would be curious to hear how your negotiation process unfolded. How you started out the process and progressed to get the best price. It sounds like Derek might have used True Car. Did you just get the price that was offered on the true car site?

I am looking to get one of these this weekend, so your help is invaluable. Thanks in advance.
  • lauderale_rxlauderale_rx Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Just wanted to see what you all think about 2014 RX-350 for selling price of 40.5K with following package and MSRP of 47030.00 :
    - Premium Package with blind spot
    - Lexus Display Audio
    - 19" wheel
    - Heated Ventilated seats
    - Tow package
    - Park assist
    - cargo mats
    - wheel lock
    - cargo net

I am working with south florida dealer. Will appreciate any inputs anyone may have.

Thanks,
    Lau