Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Porsche 911 Lease Questions

Comments

• miamiadjustermiamiadjuster Member Posts: 12
    Hi Car_man,

I would like to know what the April lease rates (36-month and 48-month) are for the 991 S coupe with 10k miles annually. Thank you for your time!
  • manhattanspinmanhattanspin Member Posts: 1
    I would really like to know more about the Single Pay Lease option Porsche offers. Does anyone know what the discount is if you do that?

Also, what are the current residuals and base money factor for 2 and 3 years, 5k miles per year on a 911 S Coupe?

Is the lease program out for MY13 yet?

Thank you!
  • kaps28kaps28 Member Posts: 1
    hi car man

if you can help out with few lease questions
    all lease's will be 3yr/12k or 3yr/10k.

what would be the residual's and money factor on
    2012 911 manual cab turbo,
    2012 pdk cab carrera s and
    991 cab carrera s (according to dealer coming in may)

Looking at all these options, any help would be much appreciated
  • alsoliaalsolia Member Posts: 15
    Hi Car man,

I ordered my 991 Cab 2 months ago and about to receive it :)
    I am in the process of negotiating the lease with the dealer now. In order to be prepared, can you please give me please the residual for the following:
    - 991 Cabriolet, 3 and 4 years with 7.5k miles/year

thanks in advance
  • neils2neils2 Member Posts: 3
    Maybe somebody can help. In the midst of negotiating a 24 month lease on a 2012 (old) 911 S Cab with PDK. The dealer is at $1575 with everything rolled in for 5000 miles per year. Still seems a bit rich and looking to get it under $1500. Anybody have any opinions or expierience?
    Thx
    Was that dealer in the NY/NJ area? Can you share a contact? thx
  • fq1fq1 Member Posts: 56
    I can possibly help. What is the MSRP of the vehicle? Did they give you money factor and residual that they are using? Is this a 997 or a 991?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi miamiadjuster. Porsche Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 911 S Coupe with 10,000 miles per year are .00200 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease are .00200 and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi manhattanspin. Porsche Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 911 991 S Coupe with 10,000 miles per year are .00200 and 66%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00200 and 59%.

I'm not sure how much you need to add for residual values with only 5,000 miles per year, but my guess is 3%.

Porsche has a lease program for certain 2013 models out, but I haven't seen anything on the '13 911 yet.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi kaps28. Porsche Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 911 Cab Turbo manual with 12,000 miles per year are .00200 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 Cab C4 S PDK are .00200 and 53%.

I haven't seen the numbers for any C4 991s yet, just C2s.

If you were to lease either of these cars with only 10,000 miles per year, their residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi alsolia. According to the latest information that I have seen, Porsche Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 991 Cab with 7,500 miles per year are .00200 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease are .00200 and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
    What would the rate and residual be on a 2012 S Cab on a 24 month lease with 5000 miles per? Msrp 119,000?
  • phxryanphxryan Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car Man,

I'm interested in possibly leasing a 2012 Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet. I'd do 36 mos w 10k per year. My dealer told me .00300 and 58% but I've seen different numbers several other places. Do you have those numbers? Could you also provide the numbers for the 911 Carrera Cabriolet (non-s) and the both coupes? All PDKs.

Total topic jump but do you happen to have the re-designed Mercedes SL550 (comes out in May/June) lease rate and residual (same terms as above). I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Thanks
    Hi neils2. Porsche Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a new 991 Porsche 911 S Cab with 10,000 miles per year are .00200 and 63%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I'm not sure what the residual value for a lease with only 5,000 miles per year would be, but it probably would be 1% to 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi phxryan. Porsche Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor is only .00200 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. As you can see, the dealer appears to be marking up your vehicle's factor on you. Try to get them to use the buy rate to calculate your payment.

The residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 911 Carrera S Cabriolet with 15,000 miles per year is 52%. The number for the non-S model are 54%. The Coupe S is 54%. the Coupe non-S is 56%.

I don't believe that Mercedes has published a lease program for the 2013 SL yet.

Car_man
    Host
  • noahsdadnoahsdad Member Posts: 31
    Carman, can you please tell me the may numbers from PFS for 36 month, 10k lease. Thanks!
    I sure can noahsdad. According to the latest information that I have seen, Porsche Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 911 Coupe 911 with 10,000 miles per year are .00200 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • jw1564jw1564 Member Posts: 1
    Carman, please let me know the MF and residual for a $134,635 MSRP for a 2013 Carrera Cabriolet S with PDK and options. The car is scheduled to be built in June and delivered in July. I am considering a 36 or 48 months length and either 7500 or 10000 annual miles. Thanks in advance, JW
    Hi jw1564. To the best of my knowledge Porsche has not published a lease program for the 2013 911 yet. I'll ask around to make sure, but it might not publishing anything for the '13s until next month.

Car_man
    Host
  • youn0813youn0813 Member Posts: 28
    My dad is about to lease a 2012 911 (118K sticker price). I'm wondering how much would be a good discount to get from the dealership. The LA (in CA) dealership offered him a 5K discount, but I feel like that's barely anything. I'd expect at least 10K off.. does anyone have any comments regarding this from experience?
  • dkumar1dkumar1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi
    I am leasing 2013 porsche carrera cabriolet
    could you please tell me the residual and money factor
    also is the leasing amount fixed to the original price or the negotiated amount
    thanks
    dk
  • autojack11autojack11 Member Posts: 39
    Hi Carman - I have an 09 997 TT Cab. my lease is up in October, but the TT won't be out till at least 2H13. PFS will extend the lease, but is this a good decision? and if I do extend, do I negotiate new terms/pricing or does the lease just continue as-is? thanks for your help
    The lease extension will typically be at the same terms that you currently have. I think the max the lease can be extended by is 6 months.
  • californiamicaliforniami Member Posts: 11
    Hello...I have factory ordered a 2012 Porsche 911S with PDK and Sport Exhaust. They have offered 4.5% off MSRP for the special order. Can you let me know the current MF and residuals on a 36, 39 and 48 month lease assuming 10 or 12k/year? Also...it seems like finding dealers to come off the MSRP on these new porsches is quite difficult (at least in Northern California and for cars that are special ordered). Is that like that everywhere?

thanks!
    Hi californiami. According to the latest information that I have seen, if you were to lease a 2012 Porsche 911 Coupe S with PDK through Porsche Financial Services right now for 36-months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value would be .00200 and 60%, respectively (for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier).

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease would be .00200 and 58%.

The 48-month numbers would be .00200 and 53%.

If you were to lease with only 10,000 miles per year, this car's residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you car man!
  • tgcruntgcrun Member Posts: 2
    Car_Man,

Do you have a money factor and residual for a 2013 911S Cab? 36 months/10,000 miles per yr. Thanks.
    You're very welcome californiami.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi tgcrun. Porsche Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 911 S Cabriolet with 10,000 miles per year are .00200 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • tgcruntgcrun Member Posts: 2
    Thank you.
    Car_Man, could you please post the 24 and 27-month residual and MF for 10,000 miles/year lease for the 2012 991s coupe. Thanks!
  • jetty56jetty56 Member Posts: 1
    Hi carman,
    how much of a discount (off sticker) should I be able to negotiate for a new (factory order-not inventory) 2013 carrera s cab--pdk, sport chrono, bose audio, 14 way seats, vent seats? dealer in so cal says 1-2k, can I for much more?
  • dkumar1dkumar1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi carman
    I am leasing 2013 991 carrera cab. What are the mf and res for 10/12 miles 36/48 month
    regards
    DK
  • habitat1habitat1 Member Posts: 4,282
    I've been quoted 5%-6% off on a factory ordered 2013 911 in the greater Washington DC area. That's about halfway between MSRP and invoice. Similar quotes from dealers in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh.

Also, if I was you, I'd save the money on the Bose and order adaptive sport seats instead. I had a 2005 911S Cab and the Bose was not worth it, especially with the top down and the sport exhaust on. But the adaptive sport seats (which I didn't have) would be a must for my next purchase. Best seats ever made for a car, period.
  • dinomandinoman Member Posts: 68
    Are dealers discounting the 2012s more than the 2013s? Anyone know the MF and Residual for 36months 12000mile lease?
    I've talked to a few dealers that sound like they would be willing to give a better discount on a 2012 "new 911 Carrera" than a 2013. But you have to find what you want in stock. I have checked almost every dealer website in the US using the "find a dealer" tab on Porsche USA and there are very, very few 911's in my color preferences with the options I want (and not a bunch I don't). Ordering a 2013 to my exact specs at 5% off is going to get me a better deal than getting 8-10% off on a 2012 that has extra unwanted options.
  • dinomandinoman Member Posts: 68
    Anyone know what the MF and Residual on a 2012 and 2013 911 S Cab? I am considering either 24 or 36 months with 12K miles per year.

I haven't had any success in getting a 8-10% discount on the 2012.
    I'm only considering buying, so can't help you with lease info, and not sure if leasing would change my following two points, but here they are, nonetheless:

(1) If you can't get at least an 8%+ discount on a 2012 that's exactly what you want, I'd order a 2013 from a dealer wiling to give a 5%+/- discount. You are trading off waiting for 8+/- weeks for delivery for a better financial deal.

(2) If money is no object, the $14,300 difference between the base and the S model is perhaps justified. But when I bought a 2005 S Cab, the $10,000 difference, in addition to the more powerful engine, bought you PASM, Xenon lights, significant wheel/tire upgrade and a few other goodies. That made the actual difference in the engine upgrade more like $5,500. Today, the $14k+ difference only buys you PASM and a much less significant wheel/tire upgrade, meaning that you are really paying about $12,000 for the engine upgrade. If I was getting a Cab again, which by definition is less of a hard core performance car than the coupe, I would think hard about spending the extra bucks for the S. I wouldn't buy either without sport chrono and with the enhanced throttle response of the sport setting, the base car will certainly feel quick enough at any double digit speed.

Oddly, the price premium to go from a coupe to a cab only went from $10,500 to $11,600 from when I bought, and now includes a better looking/functioning top.

It would be interesting to see what these differences translate into relative to lease payments.
    You're welcome tgcrun.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi fq1. Porsche Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 991 S Coupe with 10,000 miles per year are .00200 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi jetty56. Southern California is typically a pretty competitive market with attractive prices for new vehicles. Having said that, I am not personally all that familiar with what the market is like for the 911 in your area right now. This car has a spread of at least $8,000 between its MSRP and dealer invoice price, so there's certainly a lot more room than $1,000 to $2,000 off to play with. Whether the dealers will be willing to do so is another story. Have you tried comparison shopping with a couple of dealers?

Car_man
    Host
    Hi dkumar1. Porsche Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 911 Convertible with 12,000 miles per year are .00200 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48-month lease are .00200 and 50%.

If you were to lease with only 10,000 miles per year, this car's residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi dinoman. You definitely should be able to negotiate a larger discount on a 2012 911 than you would be able to get on a 2013 model.

Porsche Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 911 Cab S with 12,000 miles per year are .00200 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 model are .00200 and interestingly exactly the same 55%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey dinoman. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for.

Car_man
    Host
    I just took delivery on a 2012 911S. Factory ordered. I placed the order in March 2012 for a 2012, but found out during the June build that it would be delivered as a 2013. PDK, sport plus, sport exhaust, folding mirrors, bose and factory painted black sport rims.

The dealer gave me a 4.5% off MSRP and his cost on an installation of a full front clear bra. Not a screaming deal, but better than anyone else in Northern California was willing to give me for a factory ordered 911 and very good customer service.

I evaluated leasing and was quoted the 48 month residual of 50% and a money factor of .00240 (the dealer was transparent that he was marking up the buy rate)....but I figured the car would be worth at least 50% in four years as a tradein...and I wanted to avoid all the lease fees and hassle, so I decided to just go with a cash purchase.
  • dcohen2683dcohen2683 Member Posts: 1
    I am wondering if its normal for the dealer to mark up the lease rate. I noticed the program says .00200 and he wanted to charge .003500
    Hi dcohen2683. Dealers, particularly luxury-brand dealers, try to mark up vehicle's money factors all the time. Having said that, savvy consumers who are in an area that has a decent level of competition are usually able to lease vehicles without any sort of money factor mark-up. I certainly wouldn't let a dealer mark up the money factor on me if I was interested in leasing something. Shoot got the buy rate and see what happens.

Car_man
    Host
  • dfc52dfc52 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car Man:
    I've noticed that the residuals you've been quoting are now below 60%. In answer to question #445 you replied, "Porsche Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2012 991 S Coupe with 10,000 miles per year are .00200 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. " A few months back I was seeing residuals in the 60% + range for the same lease. Do you know why the residual dropped so much?

I was considering a 24mos lease of this same vehicle, but at a 57% residual, I'm not sure I want to now.

Thanks for your help.
  • si_chipssi_chips Member Posts: 5
    which dealer did you end up going with in N. Calif? I'm also thinking of doing a factory order.
    Good question dfc52. Vehicles' residual values almost always gradually decline as the model year progresses. A vehicle's resids will be significantly higher at the beginning of the model year than they will be at the end.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.