Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Azera Accessories

Comments

• msazzyindcmsazzyindc Member Posts: 118
    Hey Bob it looks nice, you just need some tint on those windows and you'll be cooking with grease.
  • fittvrfittvr Member Posts: 5
    I also have a pearl white "07" Azzy with the 10pcs s/steel post kit. I saw those chrome vent visors on ebay as well, but did not want to stick them on the existing chrome. I liked the ones that slide between the window track and the door better ( weather tech I think) but have read there are some issues with them as well. I too am looking at the 52pcs dash kit. It would look dynamite with the tan interior. If you install the chrome vent visors it it possible to take some pictures and post them? Especially up close to see how well they follow the contours. I still haven't heard a word from Bob who purchased his and got free shipping?? Plus two day service!!!! That I need to see. Wonder where he purchased his from? Good Luck.
  • allmet33allmet33 Member Posts: 3,557
    Here's a link that shows how the dash kit that you speak of looks.

VWitherspoon's '06 Azera
    Has anyone installed an iPod adapter to their radio? Is there a option to plug into your antenna port on the back of the unit?

I don't want to use the fm transmitter, and they removed the cassette deck in the 2008.

Thanks
    I sent you a message :shades:
    Msazzyindc...where did you send the message??? I don't have an email in my carspace email nor my work email. Hit me again and I can assist you with your query for the iPod adapter.
    Msazzyindc...here's a link to a wired FM modulator that gets wired to the antenna of your stereo. You can plug not only your iPod into it, but any MP3 player or anything with an output basically.

Scosche FM Modulator

• cobrazeracobrazera Member Posts: 352
    Re the 52 pc dash kit - you might check E-bay, their listings change often. I saw a pic of the light colored kit (with black interior) installed on Carspace in the Azera of " vwitherspoon ". If you haven't seen it, you may want to check it out. Really looks good.
  • 144tap144tap Member Posts: 44
    I did checkout VWitherspoon's pic's, but there's no info about it. So, has anyone had any experience with the dash kits?
    Why don't you leave VWitherspoon a message to get in touch with you about it. I'm sure he'd be happy to provide any info you may need to either sway you or not.
    Right-o-Bob, I had a senior moment. Hey, VWitherspoon, how's about sharing your experience with those of us who would like to follow your lead. I saw your pic's and your interior really pop's with wood. So, did you install it yourself or what etc.?
    I did a posting, for what it's worth, on my experience with this on Hyundai Azera 2006.
  • rgb42rgb42 Member Posts: 40
    Although not ashamed at all of the Hyundai Azera Limited I purchased last March, I have seen photos of, and thought about, a plain chrome grill ... something a little different from the norm. I purchased, and installed today the new grill and I really like the looks of it. Thought I would share.

Bob

Before

After
  • dazeoffdazeoff Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for the pix. Your ride really looks good. A high polish shine on a black car always gets my attention. I have an 07 Azzie Limited and wanting a distinctive look I changed out the front and rear "H" badges for the "TG" badge. Also took off the Hyundai lettering. My ride is pearl white with a black hood bra. I love the look, simple and clean. While driving on the hwy, people slow down and try to ID what kind of car it is. Good luck with your ride and wishing you many miles of happy motoring.
    Thanks allmet, but this still seems like I have to either place some type of DVD, CD into the player unless I'm reading it wrong. I want to be able to operate the ipod through the touch screen that is already in the car.
    Msazzyindc...no, you wouldn't have to insert a CD or anything into the stereo, it's a unit that connects to the antenna behind the stereo and the sound is fed via the antenna. You would control the iPod from the iPod. Only control the stereo would have it volume.

Do you have an Azera with a navigation unit? If so, that unit was rolled out before Hyundai started offering iPod connectivity in their cars. Sorry...only way to operate your iPod from the stereo is to change the stereo to an iPod friendly unit.

If you don't want to connect wires, you can always get a wireless FM modulator that connects to the iPod, then you select a "blank" radio station (usually you have a choice of a few different frequencies) and the signal is sent to the stereo via that radio frequency. I know for a fact that WalMart has a unit for under $20 you can get. Downside to these types of units...sound quality isn't as good as a unit that's wired.
  • psu3psu3 Member Posts: 15
    Hi rgb,
    Nice picture. Nice ride.

When reading your post, I got the impression that this was your car. WOW, it sure looks alot like the one at Korean Imports.

http://www.koreanautoimports.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=31_40_102&products- _id=123

Unless you work for KI and your car is the model, it all makes sense. BTW this picture has been on KI for years. For some reason, your post makes it seem like this was a recent modification. It would have been better to be straight up about your post. The grille should sell itself.
    PSU3...not sure about the original posting, but he could have just been referencing the pic on K.I. site to show you what it looks like. I mean...if he didn't do any other mods to his car except for the grille, then it would look exactly like the one on the website.

The K.I. site has only been up and running for 3 years now and the "H-less" grille was one of the first things one could get for the Azera. You don't have to work for K.I. or have a model car for it to be posted, a pic of my car has been on the K.I. site for the last 2.5 years now.

Take it easy on the guy.
    Hey psu3 ... thanks for the nice comments on the car, I appreciate it. Yes, it's my car and my youngest son and I removed the OEM grill and replaced it with the H-less grill recently ... on Sep 13, 2008 to be exact. No, I don't work for KI, that's where I purchased the grill from. I'm a retired (4 yrs now) fire marshal in NY. I sent the two photos to the fellow I dealt with there (James) and who did the price match for me ... I thought they might like to see the photos also. Next thing I knew, he emailed me thanking me for them and sent a link to the page (you have it above) showing that he had posted the two photos on the site. Those two photos of my car have only been there since a day or two after Sep 13th, not for years. Anyway ... here is a link to other photos of my car, including the two after the H-less grill was installed:

Bob's 2008 Azera

Regards,
    Bob
  • grayfoxgrayfox Member Posts: 166
    Has anyone been able to deal with Dream For You in Korea lately? I bought several things from them in the past but now, they will not even answer my email enquiries.
    From what I've heard, the two best to deal with is Seoulful Racing (www.kdmstuff.com) and Korean Auto Imports. Dream Ka is hit or miss really, besides...the other two offer way more stuff anyway.
  • psu3psu3 Member Posts: 15
    rgb

My bad! I think my typing was ahead of my gray matter. For some reason I thought I had seen these pictures before and your post was meant to encourage additional sales. I did mean the comments about the improvement and felt that the pictures would sell themselves and the commercial, unnecessary. Obviously, no commercial, but someone proud of their new look vehicle.

Perhaps my focus on the OSU game has my thinking a bit wonky. :)
    Thanks for the reply. I have bought several accessories from Dream Ka and saved quite a bit compared to Korean Imports with great delivers service. I am disappointed that they dont respond any more. I have never dealt with Seoul Full Racing.
    No harm done ... and yeah, I like the looks of the new grill and took pics to show it off. Surprised me they actually put them on their website after I sent them. Maybe I should now get a cut for every new grill sold there! LOL ... glad you liked the photos and look of the H-less grill.
    Just for your info ... I had sent an email to Dreamka4u about the H-less grill, but heard nothing back from them. Korean Auto Imports matched their price though, plus a small shipping fee and I had it in days. No, I'm not a salesman for them, but they do try to price match.
    The only issue I've heard of with Seoulful Racing is the shipping time frames as it's coming all the way from Korea. At least with Korean Auto Imports, they have warehouses so usually when you order something...it's coming from a stateside location.
  • carolinabobcarolinabob Member Posts: 576
    Does anyone know of a license plate bracket for the front bumper? The dealer says there is none; just drill two holes in it.
    BTW, heard on NPR this morning that Korean financial system is in worse shape than ours. Markets dropping fast despite billions from the government.
    I don't know of any license plate bracket myself. What I did with mine was put a clear plate protector in front of it, sealed it with some clear silicone around the edges of the plate, put a few strips of weather stripping on the backside of the plate and then screwed it into place. I've never had any problems with it at all.
    I received my radio remote from Dreamka4u this month :sick: and installed it no problem. Ah, it says "Air Mail" on the box, but I think they sent it on a plane heading West vs East. Two weeks for the part seemed a bit on the long side.
    Okay...you want a Genesis, but financially it just doesn't look like the numbers will work for you. Don't fret, I feel your pain. Well...for those that want one, get the next best thing!

KIA - Azera Genesis Grille
  • tonycdtonycd Member Posts: 223
    :P

This should set off that guy who posted that the Genesis was just a dolled-up Azera...
    A dolled up Azera, huh? Must've been either Ray Charles or Stevie Wonder! ;)
    How in the world were you able to get a response from Dreamka4u???? I have sent several emails to them asking about the availability of certain Azera parts and never got so much as a sneeze from them? I wondered if they are not selling on the american market any more. All comments appreciated. :(
    If you're having such a problem with them, maybe you need to see if Korean Auto Imports or Seouful Racing carries what you're looking for. I know for a fact that KAI gets back to you and will even try to find what you're looking for if they don't have it yet. Another good thing about KAI is they are located here stateside, Seouful Racing is over in Korea, but they still respond to queries.
    Yes Allmet, I know about Korean Auto but in the past, the things I bought from Dreamka4u were always cheaper including the very fast shipping from Korea. I am just disappointed that they dont seem to respond to my questions in the last few months.
    Grayfox...it would seem in this case paying a little more would eliminate the frustration stemming from the lack of response to email inquiries.

I recall sending an email to them one time and never got a response, so I sorta wrote them off.
    I guess you are right, Allmet.
  • SilverBullet00SilverBullet00 Member Posts: 102
    I thought I read somewhere that some owners are not pleased with the way the net hooks up. I didn't like the way it was designed, but I found two holes under the back window in line with the trunk lamp. I used a 3/16" threaded hanger that I spread open to make a hook, used two nuts and washers per hanger , easy to put on using larger hole to get a finger in to put on washer and nut, tighten and thats it. Now I have each end of the net on the hooks, the middle hook on the net is hooked on the factory hook on the trunk floor and the other ends of the net are hooked on the large button hooks on the rear trunk wall. Ends up like a pouch across the width of the trunk. Holds umbrellas, window cleaner, whatever you don't want rolling around the trunk.
  • gamlegedgamleged Member Posts: 442
    There shouldn't have been holes there, there should have been two thick plastic hooks that were designed to be used to hold the two middle net loops, forming (when the two front net loops and the two rear net loops are attached to the four metal "D" ring trunk floor fasteners) an inverted "V" across the width of the trunk, suitable for holding upright several filled grocery bags.

Most times I leave the net flat on the floor (four D-rings only) and slide smaller bagged stuff under the net, but recently on eBay I bought a Sonata trunk net which is already formed into a pouch, having only two elastic loops. At the very front of the trunk (i.e., nearest the tail lights) there are two knurled plastic knobs, and when I mount the Sonata net to those knobs, I have a nice wide pouch right inside the trunk lip, for smaller stuff... :shades:

Do an eBay search for "Sonata cargo net," they'll run about $15 with shipping...
  • SilverBullet00SilverBullet00 Member Posts: 102
    Appreciate your response, but I didn't find the two thick plastic hooks, so I made my own and installed the net in a "V" shape using using the rear net loops on the hooks and the middle net loops on the floor "D" rings closest to the taillights and the other two neet loops on the two knurled plastic knobs next to the taillights. This very similiar to the hook up I had on my 300M. I will try to find a Azera on a car lot so I can see what the two thick plastic hooks look like. Again, thanks for the reply.
  • lpjxk0lpjxk0 Member Posts: 10
    Tried to order "H" less grill for my 2007 Azera, no response from Dreamka4u. Korean Auto Imports, matched Dreamka4u price of $99.00 and I had the grill within 5 days of order. They did charge $15.00 for shipping. Took me about one hour to remove the original grill and install the new H less grill. Will definity deal with KAI in the future.
    If any of you more mechanically and electrically gifted Azera owners would like to experiment with your own LED turn signal ideas, I have a nice set of outside rear view mirror covers you might be interested in. They are original to my car that didnt have that factory feature. $10 plus postage.
  • bmb1767bmb1767 Member Posts: 64
    I have a new 2009 Azzy in the pearl white. Love the color. Has anyone with this same color tinted their windows? If so, what %?

Thanks.
    Check with local laws as the the % limit you can go with. Here in MD, it's 35%...a lot of folks go with 20% and usually are able to get away with it. I've seen a white Azzy with a bronze colored tint...probably the 35%...it looked sharp. If you have the gray interior, then go with a regular smoke tint. :shades:

I know there are some states that will only let you tint the rear side windows and not the front side windows...so make sure you find out so you won't run into any issues with law enforcement types. ;)
  • fittvrfittvr Member Posts: 5
    I have an 07 Azzy Pearl White and have my windows tinted (legal) and it looks great. I have tan interior and it's a tough to keep clean. I can send some pictures if you like at secondharley@bellsouth.net
    Thanks for the tips. NC law is "must allow more than 35% of light in" So (stupid question) does that mean that is the lowest I can go? I have not tinted windows on a car before this one. I have a white with tan interior.

My former Ford Explorer's windows were tinted by Ford, except for the front and I miss it.

If anyone has any pictures, please post here. Thanks.
    The only stupid question is the one not asked.

If it must allow 35% light in, then, by law...you have to go with the 35% tint. It's funny because factory tint, like the tint that came on your explorer is 20% and in most cases...you can match the front windows and have no legal issues.

Now...if you have a dark interior, 35% tint will look darker than it really is. So...if you have a light interior, you could get away with 20% tint which is a bit darker than 35%, but the lightness of the interior makes it seem not as dark. Usually, this is one way to get by and not have any legal issues while driving.

In the end, go with what you feel most comfortable with. If you go with 35%, if the police pull you over...they can't tell you to take it off because you are within the legal limit. If you have 20% tint on and the cop is in a bad mood and decides to check it (just because) then he can make you remove it and give you a citation for it. Just something to think about.

Good luck!!!
    Thanks for the advice. I want to be ignored by the police for a while. Just got a speeding ticket last Sunday. First one in 15 years. This Azera can fly when you aren't paying attention. ;)
    No problem. 35% tint actually looks nice, you can check my page as I've got pics posted of my car and you can see the tint. You are so right about the Azera having the ability to get away from you if you're not paying attention, that's why I love setting the cruise control on long highway hauls!
    I would like to save the costs of having mud guards installed by the dealer. I have found the best price on the mud guards, but do see the problem of getting a screwdriver to the screws to install them myself.

Has anyone installed them without taking the tire off? If so, how?
This discussion has been closed.