Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lincoln Navigator Real World MPG

steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
Please report on your Navigator mileage here.

Include your odometer reading, city/highway mix, driving style or anything else you think may help others compare their mpg with yours. Thanks!

Steve, Host

Comments

• steve00gatorsteve00gator Member Posts: 24
    At approx 6,000 miles of south Fl driving average 12mpg. On the highway at 75 get approx 16. Always have the air conditioning on.
  • gmone69gmone69 Member Posts: 2
    I also drive in South Fl have about 8500 miles and average 14.5-15 mpg with mixed highway and city driving for my commute about 13 miles each way. got 17mpg for the only long highway trip thus far and stayed around 75 mph.
  • nvbankernvbanker Member Posts: 7,239
    Got me 12.5 in town, 17 on the highway.
  • autoodysseyautoodyssey Member Posts: 10
    None of the posters above told us if their Navigator was 2WD or 4WD. Please let us know, and I hope more people will post on this topic.
  • heyjewelheyjewel Member Posts: 1,046
    Wife 300+ miles much hiway - 15.2

Self 200+ miles lots hiway - 15.1

I have gotten up to 20+ hiway only when 60mph is top speed.

Wife can run it down to 10.8 just taxiing kids around town from red light to red light for a week or 2.

Editorial comment - I hate gas stations more by the day, but the Nav is a safe, reliable, sweet ride.
  • gmone69gmone69 Member Posts: 2
    Mine is a 2005 4x4
  • nvbankernvbanker Member Posts: 7,239
    I had two Navigators, a 99 and an 03. The mileage on both was the same, 12 in town 16 on the highway. You can't expect much better from a truck of that size and comfort. You pay for the comfort in the gas expense.

By the way, they were both great trucks, and I'd have another one today were it not for the price of gas.
  • otaku18otaku18 Member Posts: 10
    My old man's 2001 has never topped 13mpg and at worst has seen 8mpg. Yikes!
  • gryhnd1gryhnd1 Member Posts: 9
    2002 4x4 w/70K miles.

HWY I average high 14s, low 15s depending on how much hilly driving is done. Around town is the mid 12s. Even pulling the boat 250miles to our cottage (hwy) with 3 people and a full load, I still get in the 11s.

This all on regular octane, btw. I've never put premium in it from day 1.
  • philliptphillipt Member Posts: 1
    Hello everyone,Boy do I have a problem I have a 2003 Navigator,Black fully loaded,BUT I'm having a real problem with my DTE gauge it seems to go crazy one minute I'm full the next it's reading one half tank the next light it goes back up to three quarters full ,and so on,The DEALER replaced under warranty my fuel sender in the tank but to no avail it still acting up. They also downloaded a update to the computer but did not fix the problem.Any HELP would bre greatly appreciated!!!
    Thanx,HOLLYWOOD
  • jaycoxjaycox Member Posts: 4
    i have a 2000 navigator, i average 9.6 mpg, may i ask how do you get the mileage that you get, thanks ron
  • dalinicadalinica Member Posts: 2
    My wife never stays home, 4x4 she gets 12mpg. She uses cheap gas and I wonder if higher grade would help. She drives city and highway.
  • akirbyakirby Member Posts: 8,062
    Use whatever the owner's manual says to use. If it says use 91 octane then using 87 will hurt your mpg. But don't expect more than 14.
  • wjtinatlwjtinatl Member Posts: 50
    Our '04 2wd Nav just clicked over 50K miles. As with our Excursion, the more miles, the better these things run. The Nav started out new averaging 12 MPG, slightly better on a long highway trip. It's now getting 14 mpg around town and 15.5 on an extended highway trip. Usually loaded down with 2 kids, dogs, luggage and 2 adults. Cruise set between 75-80 mph. Have been interested in the CX-9 and Acadia, but I'm not hearing any substaintially better mileage stories. By the way, the 4x4 Excursion (V-10, 3.73) get's 13.5 mpg on the same trips the Nav is getting 15.5 on. Not good, but considering the Excursion's capabilities, I'm not disappointed! Bottom line, heavy SUV, 300+ HP engine, brick-like aerodynamics = lousy mileage!
  • bobbycarbobbycar Member Posts: 12
    2004 Ultimate, 45k miles, 4X4. We keep it in AWD all the time. Never know when we're going to run over pea gravel on a cloverleaf . . . or water overspray from roadside irrigation . . .
    10.5 mpg city - wife
    14.0 mpg commuting - me
    15.0 mpg highway - 85mph
    16.0 mpg highway - 70mph
    11.5 mpg driving to ski resort
    17.5 mpg driving home from ski resort
    5.0 mpg driving especially steep 9 mile section to ski resort
  • akirbyakirby Member Posts: 8,062
    How can you "work for ford" and "sell them all day long". If you work for a dealer you don't work for Ford and vice versa.
  • jose619451jose619451 Member Posts: 1
    How can you "work for ford" and "sell them all day long". If you work for a dealer you don't work for Ford and vice versa.

i work for ford since i work for North Bay ford Lincoln mercury and last i checked i work for ford not only ford but Lincoln and mercury as well. how can i not work for ford just because im not in Detroit at the factory. your comment makes no sense.
  • tcosborntcosborn Member Posts: 1
    I was wondering if you would be able to post what system you have put in to get better fuel millage? I have been only pulling 11mpg in town we do not go out of town much so it usly goes around town. I take it in for all the routine tune ups pluse i usly have them do an aditional thing every know and a again with it to keep it in top shape.