Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Caliber Accessories & Modifications

PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
edited April 2014 in Dodge
This is the place to discuss those things you're doing to your Caliber to make it extra special!

Comments

• daveydodgedaveydodge Member Posts: 23
    Is it difficult to fasten the rear spoiler on your car by yourself? I noticed only, black, red, Marine Blue offered and primer...Dealership paint them to match?...cost for just spoiler from dealership? Ordered my SXT May 10th and was told delivery would be between August 1st - 12th. They must be popular and in demand despite some early setbacks!!!!
  • caliberchiccaliberchic Member Posts: 402
    It appears to go on with some bolts underneath the hatch. The spoiler is $230 through my dealer and I was quoted $175 to paint it, that was through an autobody shop though.
  • habalanchehabalanche Member Posts: 57
    Hi I ordered an R/T 5 weeks ago with the rear spoiler.Dealer quoted $320 installed.Mine will be silver.
  • caliberprincescaliberprinces Member Posts: 2
    Hey All! I just got my new Caliber SXT today! I have only been waiting a week for it to get to the dealership :) ! I am just wondering if anyone can give me any advice on accessories? I'm not to sure what is out there but would really appreciate any help in knowing what is available. Thanks in advance!
    Go to Ebay and type in Dodge Caliber, pretty much everything for sale is on there. The spoilers don't show up for some reason with that search so if you want that you will have to add spoiler to your search description too.
  • caliberprincescaliberprinces Member Posts: 2
    Thanks so much! :)
  • bobbyd2bobbyd2 Member Posts: 2
    can anyone tell me the best place to buy the chrome side door mouldings? And are they stick-ons?
  • jetlinerjetliner Member Posts: 5
    Any good sites that have parts and accessories listed? :confuse: ">
    A lot of dealers are listing on ebay.I saved over twenty bucks on window visors and that includes S$H
  • guyhguyh Member Posts: 1
    Anyone know of any engine mods yet? I see there are some chips for the diesel models, but not the gas engines yet.
  • maniac36maniac36 Member Posts: 8
    Hey all,

I am in the market to jazz up my Caliber and am looking for four elements. My dealer has quoted huge prices here in Vancouver, Canada and just looking for any referrals to cheaper dealers or websites where I can make these purchases.

* Sill Guards for Caliber (How much have u paid?)
    * Premium Car Mats with Colour Trim of Paint (Dealer wants $99 Canadian)
    * Cargo Area Mat (Dealer wants $129 canadian)
    * Chrome Handle for Doors (How much have u paid?)

Thanks for the help!

Mike
    Try doing a search here. I have posted about almost all of that w/links before. Sorry I don't have time now to pull it all up..plus I am typing one handed, ;).
  • xlarkiexlarkie Member Posts: 2
    Hi Mike:

I am still waiting for my Caliber (ordered beginning of May, but we were forewarned) and purchased it at the Rmd Auto Mall (I'm 5 mins away). Any news you get on accessories, esp ebay as another post-er has mentioned, if you would not mind, pls pass on to me. My son (16, an "L") wants to pay for the chrome door handles, but as you know, they are as easy to find as Osama.

KIT

Fraser
  • mike91326mike91326 Member Posts: 251
    I understand that the Caliber engine is either made by Hyundai or is a Hyundai design. There are a lot of mods for the Hyundai 2.0 and 2.4 engines so you may want to check to see if they will swap onto the Caliber engines.
  • xlarkiexlarkie Member Posts: 2
    Thanks!

... double-sided tape? Is that the standard issue that Dodge will be offering as well? Just a wee bit leery.

Fraser
    Yes it's tape. Dodge doesn't offer them and I don't think they will? I have pictures of mine installed on my carspace page if you want to see them on the car. http://www.carspace.com/caliberchic
  • grendel_cavegrendel_cave Member Posts: 27
    I called Dodge the other day and I was told that all sport SXTs are supposed to have chrome grilles and only the SEs are supposed to have body color grilles. However, all the sport SXTs that I have seen come with body color grilles. So either the guy at Dodge didn't know what he was talking about or Dodge has been making many mistakes when it comes to proper grile work. Anyone have any experience with this?
  • bigtsrbigtsr Member Posts: 149
    I was in a dealership last Friday in Toronto area and they
    had 23 Calibers on the lot.All the straight SXTs had
    chrome grill and all the SXT SPORTS had painted grilles.
    The 2 RTs they had were also painted as were all the SEs.

Remember some can be ordered that way.
    He doesn't know what he is talking about. SXT Sports have color matched everything else except SE have chrome.
    I was only reporting what I had seen first hand regarding
    the chrome grilles on the in stock vehicles.
    When I asked the salesmgr why the RTs had painted griles he
    said they had been ordered that way to fill custom orders.
    If you read it properly yes I said only the SXT
    (non sport)came with the chrome.
    Relax dude, this forum layout strikes again! When I said "he doesn't know what he's talking about" I was referring to the orginal posters comment asking if his salesman "knew what he was talking about" not YOU!
    SORRY!!!!
    It's as you said forum layout stikes agn.
    I should have looked closer at the reply line.
    Have a good day and keep on truckin.
  • maryr22maryr22 Member Posts: 7
    Hello-this is my first post. I'm picking up my Dodge Caliber R/T tonight and have a few questions I'm hoping someone can help me with! by the way, I'm SO excited after reading these posts to get my new Caliber! I drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee (an Isuzu Rodeo before that) so this will be a change, but a much anticipated one! Anyway, I have been waiting for this car for over 4 weeks and have had some problems with the dealership re: (mis)communication. As a result, they are going to pay for part of a dealership-installed navus navigation system (the one that is $724 on the Mopar website) My question is - do the dealerships pay MSRP on the Mopar navigation systems? That's what I was told by the sales manager when we were talking about price, and it seemed strange to me so I'm checking on here to see if anyone knows the real deal. ANY help would be greatly appreciated so that I can go into the final paperwork "in the know". Thanks in advance all! By the way, in case anyone wants to know price, I am paying $20,000 for the R/T AWD with leather interior group, heated seats, stereo w/6 CD changer, Musicgate,aluminum chrome wheels, sunroof,engine block heater, tonneau cover. I think that's it (steel blue metallic color)-any thoughts on what I paid? thanks!!
    Price looks good, but the navigation system might be a little pricey....the usual Garmin,Tom Tom, Magellen systems are all $100's less. I use a lap top in the car (which the ac outlet is great for). I got a system that hooks into the pc including MS Routes and Trips for about $90.

My only complaint about the car is it is "road noisy" especially on rough roads. I'm interested in the tonneau, is that a "bra"? If so email me the cost as the car can surely use one!

Jetliner :shades:
    Hi Jetliner, the tonneau cover is for the rear cargo area - it's a rolling cover to hide stuff you put in the back (looks like a window shade). hmm, interesting re: the nav system price - this one is "advertised" as a cheaper alternative to other navigation systems. I was curious to know if it's true that dealerships pay MSRP for Mopar accessories, which is what the sales manager told me... thanks for your feedback!
    My system is a deluo, google that name and go to their website. Bizrate.com is a good comparative shopping site with excellent links for all the "common" name brands.

Case Logic makes a collapsible tote both with and without cooler section that can go under the tonneau and keep stuff from shifting around. Available Wal-Mart app. $20
  • grayseabringgrayseabring Member Posts: 18
    I have a SXT 2.4 automatic and purchased it 8 weeks ago. I prepaid the cruise control as my car did not come with it. The dealership has told me that they are having trouble with the module that comes with add on cruise. I find this difficult to believe. As yet I do not have an instal date. Anyone with a similar problem?
    Hi, has anyone had the Navus Navigation system installed on their Caliber? I just got mine installed today and have some questions about it. I didn't have a regional map card installed (additional $145) so it's the basic North American system, but I don't know if I need a regional map card in order to get specific address directions - all I'm finding is directions to towns, but not specific addresses. Do I need to buy a regional card to get this?
    thanks!
  • lexan1965lexan1965 Member Posts: 118
    I bought my 2.0 cvt sxt about 5 months ago and the only thing it did'nt have on it was the cruise. My dealer promised me they would give it to me at cost when they got it in. After i had the car for a month or so I inquired about the cruise control and was told that dodge was not going to have a kit for the cruise anytime soon. This really pissed me off because I drive a lot and am on road trips often. If anybody knows how I can get ahold of a cruise control kit let me know please.
  • andant83andant83 Member Posts: 1
    Is there a known problem with the cruise control on the US Dodge Caliber's. I took delivery of my Caliber SXT Sport on Auguest 1st and have found the cruise control to me good.

Going back to the chrome grille thing, I am a little annoyed as the UK spec says the SXT Sport comes with a Chrome Grille as standard however they changed the spec after the brochure was printed. I am in FL in October, does anyone know if I can pic up a US chrome grille to change it on my UK version?

Very impressed with the Caliber though, much better than the Neon. Hope that we get more US cars coming into the UK!!!
  • dallardallar Member Posts: 15
    graysebring: I too bought a Caliber w/o cruise and paid the dealer at time of purchase to have it installed. After 3 months of the dealer attempting to get the cruise control from DCX he was told it would not be available for at least 9 months. My car had 2K miles on it. The dealer took the car back and gave me full credit on another Caliber with cruise. Two weeks ago I took my car in for the recall.....the service mgr told me that DCX is till telling them that cruise will not be available until mid year 07, other than factory installed. Good luck.
  • koolkinkajoukoolkinkajou Member Posts: 15
    Anybody know what the story is on the ESP option?
    There is no information at the website!
  • guditusguditus Member Posts: 2
    I've seen a picture or two with the third window (on each side) having a vent type thing. I don't know what they are called but have seen them on Mustangs mostly. I haven't been able to them. Anyone know what I'm talking about and have any idea where to get them?
    I don't know why anyone would even try to make that window with a vent.It's only about the size of my hand from the inside.I'm just dissapointed that I have to have the windows tinted as an after market item as it wasn't even avail. from Dealer.
  • guditusguditus Member Posts: 2
    Yeah, I'm very surprised it isn't offered. There must be some sort of reasoning for it cos that's a very common option on most cars. I still haven't gotten mine tinted as of yet. Not completely sure I want to.
  • caliberred1caliberred1 Member Posts: 7
    You can find the rear window vents on the Razzi web site along with the new body kit.
    I am just about finished putting add-ons on the new Caliber.The only thing left is window tinting.Just posted some pics on my carspace site.Comments appreciated.
    where did you go for the vent visors and mud guards (prices)?
    I was admiring my black sxt as it sat in the garage and
    realized I should have bought fogs but I've had them
    on my last 2 DCX cars and never used them much at all.
    Having said that I thought they do add to the looks,
    so I popped the removalable cover plates(5 min)and then
    covered them wit that very shiny aluminum foil duct tape.
    Popped them back in and wala makes the front nicer.
    I searched on ebay,under Dodge Caliber.For some reason everthing except the spoilers will show up.I just compared prces against what my dealer offered and other Dodge dealers on ebay had.Most times you can still save money even though S&H may seem high.
  • albert525albert525 Member Posts: 9
    Anyone get one with ESP yet? Anyone tested one with ESP?
  • litesong1litesong1 Member Posts: 39
    Is there any third party trip computer w/cruise control & tachometer for the Caliber? Or does Dodge have to come out with one first, so other trip computer companies can chase after the crumbs? :surprise:
    Here is something you may be interested in,just follow the
    link.
    http://pureenergysystems.com/store/Scan_Gauge/
    You can buy aftermarket cruise control systems
    or check with your DC dealer.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter from a large daily newspaper is looking to speak to women who are current Dodge Caliber or Compass drivers. The reporter would like to discuss why you purchased the vehicle. Please provide your daytime contact info to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, October 18, 2006.
    Anyone Get one with ESP?

Anyone looked into the performance chips? Any ideas on which one is better?
    Check now, it should be available now. Anyone ordered one with the option yet?
  • dennys_girldennys_girl Member Posts: 1
    My SXT came with body color grill. Guess the Dodge guy was confused or something.
  • rudy5859rudy5859 Member Posts: 2
    Just got my Caliber a few weeks ago (First new car! :shades: )

Does anyone know how to remove the stock tonneau cover? I'm going to be helping a friend move, and I will need the extra cargo space. I looked at it earlier, and I can't see a way to get it out without breaking the plastic mounting brackets. Is it even possible? Thanks!
    The tonneau cover is spring loaded on the right hand side
    as you stand at the rear of the car,simply let roll
    up then push to the right.
This discussion has been closed.