Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda CR-V AC Compressor Problems

Comments

• jrb0579jrb0579 Member Posts: 1
    1st time happened late Summer of 2004 with my 2002 CRV which was covered under warranty. It pretty much shattered inside the car and killed my engine while driving. It was kind of scary at first seeing the steam come out of my car. 2nd time it happened was Summer of 2007. At that point, I called Honda America and someone worked with me immediately. I had already been through 2 gas caps, engine repairs, and computer failure. Honda came back to me after about a week and gave me a check for all the parts that had to be replaced on my car. They told me they could not reimburse me for the labor. I was happy to at least have 2k back in my pocket. Well the dealership is now telling me that I need a new air compressor for $1600.00. It currently makes metal rattling noise when it is running, so I thought I should get it check out before it goes bad. Does anyone know if there is a filter that can be replaced inside the compressor? The AC is still cooling but it's just making a horrible noise. At this point I'm tempted to just keep driving it until the whole AC blows. I will be calling Honda America again tomorrow. I have never gotten anywhere at the dealership. They just scratch their heads and say "really?" They have all my records because all work is done there..."sigh"
  • alana50alana50 Member Posts: 12
    If the dealership had to replace the AC before, wouldn't they have replaced the compressor?
    Might I suggest going to an independent, not another Honda dealership, for the second opinion? I sometimes stop people in my vehicle and discuss my baby, just to see if we have similar experiences. You may ask another Honda owner if they know a small shop that you can take your vehicle to.
    When mine went out (twice) I was told it was the Honda parts for the AC that were defective. So the dealership may choose to work with you. OR not.
    Does this link help you?
    http://www.ehow.com/how-does_4828360_troubleshooting-honda-civic-ac.html
    Alana
  • jnyquistjnyquist Member Posts: 2
    Anything come of this yet. The same thing has just happened to me so any help would be great. Thanks!
  • lokahi72lokahi72 Member Posts: 3
    I'm the unlucky one who Honda of America will NOT consider paying for my AC condenser replacement after 32,673 miles which seized a week ago. The H of A customer rep stated that my 3 years or 36,000 factory warranty had expired. So you lucky CR-V owners should feel really good that you had your AC replacement & repair cost covered 100% with higher mileage and years of ownership. Now I face a $2660. repair estimate ..............
  • dwkinseydwkinsey Member Posts: 11
    If you have a local mechanic you trust, get an estimate from them. You can probably save at least $1000. It cost me about $1700 to have the A/C system replaced on my 2003 CR-V by a local shop which gave me a 1-year warranty. I did not even consider giving Honda any extra money to fix a defect that should not have been there in the first place. I also wanted to increase the possibility that non-Honda parts would be used since the Honda parts may be defective.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    That certainly sounds excessive. I was playing with some numbers and, conservatively speaking, you used the air conditioner for approximately 1,000 hours. That's based on using it for half the year and driving at an average speed (highway and city) of 30 mph. I think you have a reasonable expectation that an air conditioner should last for more than 1,000 hours of usage.

Also, that works out to $2.66 for every hour that you used the air conditioner. You can cool an entire house full time for less than that. (10 kW @ $0.10/kWh)

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • carol4011carol4011 Member Posts: 6
    I have a 2003 Honda CR-V with 81000 miles. The AC went out at 61000 miles and Honda said they will not replace it. I have read all the posts and think we all should contact our TV stations for help along with newspapers. With everything going on at Toyota you would think someone would listen. Honda makes a great car so why not back it. There should be a class action lawsuit. I spoke to one person on line who said she sent 50 pages to Honda or to your dealer. They finally fixed hers with 100,000 miles on her CRV. My dealer sucked big time.and they Let's all do it! I live in Ohio and would never recomment Voss Honda in Tipp City. I bought my car new and used the air probably 30 times before it exploded. They called a rep in Ca and they still said NO.
  • stevedebistevedebi Member Posts: 4,098
    edited May 2010
    "I bought my car new and used the air probably 30 times before it exploded. "

What? You went 61000 miles and only used the defroster 30 times? In Ohio? The A/C compressor comes on when defrost is turned on...

The A/C is not a safety issue, so I doubt there would be much interest by the press or Government. I'm sorry yours blew out, but Honda met the obligations in their warranty agreement.
  • th112th112 Member Posts: 1
    The A/C compressor went out on my 2003 CRV. I am frustrated and disgusted with Honda knowing this is a consistent problem and could care less about their customers! This economy has been tough on everyone and for them to sit on their throne and count their money makes me sick! My family and I will have to suffer with no air this summer and every summer after that until the car falls apart! I will NEVER EVER buy another Honda again!!!
  • dwkinseydwkinsey Member Posts: 11
    The A/C is not a safety issue but I believe the defroster IS a safety issue since there is no good way to clear the windshield if it gets condensation on it, such as in a rainstorm or snowstorm. I now live in central Florida and use the defroster less than I did when I lived in Maryland, which is fortunate since I went a year without the A/C system. Still there were occasions when it was hard to see through the windshield because of condensation that I could not clear. For safety reasons, Honda should have designed the defroster as a separate system, independent of the A/C system.
    edited June 2010
    "The A/C is not a safety issue but I believe the defroster IS a safety issue since there is no good way to clear the windshield if it gets condensation on it, such as in a rainstorm or snowstorm. I now live in central Florida and use the defroster less than I did when I lived in Maryland, which is fortunate since I went a year without the A/C system. Still there were occasions when it was hard to see through the windshield because of condensation that I could not clear. For safety reasons, Honda should have designed the defroster as a separate system, independent of the A/C system. "

I used to live in Miami - man, you need your A/C in the summer!

I don't see how they could have built the defroster separate - it would require a compressor to dry out the air, and no one would put two compressors in a car... Not that I disagree with everyone here - Honda should have done a design fix and a recall.
  • dann7dann7 Member Posts: 5
    Can someone tell me how to sue Honda or file a lemon law suit against them, as my A/C has exploded 3 time in 6 years @ between 36,000 to 40,000 miles each time or every 2 years. I live in Georgia and it is almost impossible to not have A/C during the summer. I do agree that the defroster is a safety issue. In September 2009 when my A/C went for the 3rd. time, I had to keep a towel in my car in order to remove the condensation on windows since I did not have the compressor to do this. Why did they not do a design refix and recall. If someone could please give me some advice, I would appreciate it.

Thanks
    "Can someone tell me how to sue Honda or file a lemon law suit against them, as my A/C has exploded 3 time in 6 years between 36,000 to 40,000 miles each time or every 2 years."

You can check state laws, but generally lemon law cases have to be filed within the first year of ownership. Good luck.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I don't think lemon law is an exclusive remedy in most states, so you should be able to sue under a warranty claim. Good luck finding a lawyer willing to take a case with "small" damages though. Check out small claims court in your area; that may be a route to take.

And don't forget your local consumer protection agency or the BBB either.
    "I don't think lemon law is an exclusive remedy in most states, so you should be able to sue under a warranty claim. Good luck finding a lawyer willing to take a case with "small" damages though. Check out small claims court in your area; that may be a route to take. "

At 61K miles or 81K miles, and with the factory warranty expired for years, I would not have high expectations of any court case outcome.
  • rrubyyrrubyy Member Posts: 19
    My 04 CRV with 52,000 miles air conditioner imploded this year. Took the car to independent mechanic $1800 to repair. Found websites documenting this as a customary and usual event between 30,000 & 50,000 miles. Called American Honda 800-999-1009 they agreed to reimburse 50%.

Data is being collected for a class action suit at: www.honda-lawsuit.com

Good Luck all - almost traded this 04 in on an 08 yesterday. Not considering that option anymore after reading the posts on the 08.
    I would not have high expectations of any court case outcome.

Probably not. But an implied warranty of fitness claim might outlast the factory warranty. ACs shouldn't die at 60k.

I think your chances in small claims are about as good as spending years on a class action and then getting a coupon. :)
  • motoguy128motoguy128 Member Posts: 146
    If Honda replaced you A/C compressor under warranty, I thought by law, the warranty for that ocmpoentns was "reset". Meaning that the new part has another 3 years 36,000 miles. If that part failed and caused damage to other ocmponents, it would be my understandign that hte other parts of hte system would be covered as well.

So if your car is 5 years old and have 70,000 miles, and had the compressor last changed at 3 years and 40,000 miles, if it failed again, you woudl be able ot get it repalced under warranty.

I know BMW motorcycles work this way. They have had issues with the shaft final drive units and transmission seals.
    Hmm, their web site says "Genuine Honda parts, when installed by a Honda dealer, are covered for 1 year or 12000 miles." Honda Owner Resources.

My guess is that the replacement part is good for the original term of the warranty or the 12/12, whichever is longer.

Someone in here has probably had experience with this very issue - speak up. :)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    I think you are on the money...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• arrozarroz Member Posts: 1
    Unfortunately, I too am now a victim of something that is unreasonable to fix. There are so many CRV owners with this issue. I am currently waiting to see what HONDA offers me under their "Goodwill Warranty" for an issue they chose not to make public by recalling. Does the issue continue once it is replaced? How long does the new compressor last?
  • vkgarryvkgarry Member Posts: 7
    I've got under 100K on my '04, and I've blown the compressor every summer. Number five is waiting to be replaced with number six.
  • dann7dann7 Member Posts: 5
    If You are lucky it will last another 36 to 40 thousand miles or 2 years, whichever comes first. This is the worst case of customer NO SERVICE that I have ever been subjected to. Especially so because Honda DOES NOT stand behind their product. I am still trying to fight them and riding without AC since I cannot afford to have it replaced. Honda wants $3500.00 to replace. Good luck and keep me informed.
  • zinc6824zinc6824 Member Posts: 9
    I too have had the pleasure of experiencing the Honda CRV AC problem. I have a 2003 CRV with 80K miles. My AC went out yesterday, did a quick search and saw everyone with same problem. Took the car in to Honda Dealership and guess what? Compressor is blown.

I am really concerned that Honda has no recall policy on this issue given the number of people with similar issues and a class action law suit being done by http://www.honda-lawsuit.com/ about same issue.

I guess my resolution will determine if I or anyone else in my family will ever own a Honda again.

Pissed off Honda owner!!
    "I too have had the pleasure of experiencing the Honda CRV AC problem. I have a 2003 CRV with 80K miles. My AC went out yesterday, did a quick search and saw everyone with same problem. Took the car in to Honda Dealership and guess what? Compressor is blown. "

Well, if not a recall, at least a TSB and some relief for those loyal customers who had the problem come up. Not to mention finding a valid solution so that people were not forced to see the problem come up again ... and again ... and (sometimes) again.
    I know how you feel. I bought my Honda 2003 CRV EX in August of 2003. I love hot weather and so I did not use my AC a lot, enless it was really hot out. My AC went out at 61,000 miles and they refused to fix it. I chatted with a lady that they replaced hers at 100,000 MILES. I now have 84,000 and still am waiting as I do not feel it is my responsibility. I think we all should make a sign and put it in our back window stating DO NOT BUY A CRV AS HONDA WILL NOT REPAIR THE AC ONCE IT BLOWS UP!! Maybe Toyota will fix them. This is so unreal and I get so angry thinking HOW can they do this. Hope someone comes up with something.
    edited June 2010
    " I think we all should make a sign and put it in our back window stating DO NOT BUY A CRV AS HONDA WILL NOT REPAIR THE AC ONCE IT BLOWS UP!! Maybe Toyota will fix them. "

Reminds me of a time (MANY moons ago), when I was driving up the Florida Turnpike and saw one of the first Acura sedans. It had a big sign in the rear window saying "Ask me about my new Acura, and how it always smells like rotten eggs!".

I guess those first models didn't heat up the catalytic converter enough to fully burn out the gasses.

But seriously, I think the best bet is to vote with your pocketbook - and to tell your friends what happened. Posting a sign for a model no longer in production is not going to do much - except maybe make you feel better. They fixed the problem about three years ago - but never provided a solution for the Gen 2 models.

At least we can be thankful that they no longer CATCH FIRE at intervals - which was a problem with 2004-2005 models.
  • hermannewtonhermannewton Member Posts: 1
    We've had same problem. First compressor failed in the 60k mileage, husband replaced with "aftermarket" part -- when he went to pick up part, parts man said he had sold THREE that same day. One year later, same problem, different compressor. In calling to find part, am frequently told that there appears to be problem because of the large number of calls for compressors. Called Honda dealer, didn't know anything about this. Too many calls to many different distributors indicate they MUST know; and they are trying to keep "in house".
    Did you get any answers? I'm not sure where to go to learn about this.
  • zinc6824zinc6824 Member Posts: 9
    edited June 2010
    Honda gave me a quote of 3000 to fix the problem. After opening a case with Honda of America, dealer is willing to do the job for 2000. A quick search on Google for CRV AC problem will reveal how prevalent this problem really is. I spoke to my local mechanic who said he himself had the same problem with his CRV. He has repaired more than twenty CRVs himself with same problem for half the price the dealership will charge. I have heard of parts stop working, but not exploding where it sends metal fragments all over. I wonder what additional damage this causes that i am not even aware of. This may explain the lawsuit @ http://www.honda-lawsuit.com/
  • ellenclaraellenclara Member Posts: 5
    I am shocked by these posts. I am heading into my third compressor. First was replaced under warranty, second by my mechanic 3 years ago (July 2007) and now my third. Can someone please tell me whom to contact at Honda? This must be a mechanical defect and i will now have spent upwards of $2000 for the same repairs over and over.
  • crvdude1crvdude1 Member Posts: 47
    Was your mechanic using Honda OEM or aftermarket compressor? I can imagine the OEM is a defective product. But if the aftermarket one still failed, then it is probably a design fraud in the whole A/C system.

The only way it is a safety recall is if you were driving in heavy rain/snow/icy conditions and all the windows fogged up and had a serious accident because your vision was impaired. BTW, the A/C system also work as a defroster. :lemon:
    Good point but the first time it was replaced by Honda so i would ASSUME it was a Honda part; that time it lasted less than a year. The second time it was aftermarket and it lasted three years. So not so sure and now i do not know which one to put in based on this history!! I agree it is not a true safety issue but everytime it has been the summer. All i can say is consumers beware and be smart. (FYI - i was told this part from Honda is $900 - just the part)
    Contact the OEM/aftermarket manufacturer of the A/C compressor, ask them if they are aware of the issue and if their newer products will fix the issue. It looks like the aftermarket one is more durable according to your comment.

The OEM A/C compressor (Keihin A150L) is discontinued. The replacement is Seltec compressor according to http://www.statracing.com/replacement/accompressor.asp

Hopefully this one will last longer.
  • berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    IIRC there is a design problem so that when the CRV compressor blows it can contaminate other components like the evaporator, condenser, etc. If you don't rebuild the entire system the remaining contamination can quickly destroy the replacement compressor again. Pretty outrageous that Honda accepted something like this from their vendor and is apparently stiffing their customers now. IMO - They should make Denso step up and join Honda in at least covering half the cost of these apparent deficiencies on the 2nd gen CRV.
  • soccermom22soccermom22 Member Posts: 1
    Just got a used 2004 CRV in Novmeber 2009. Took it in to the dealership to have the a/c looked at since first it was blowing hot air and than made a clunking noise when I turned it on. Found out that the A/C compressor came apart internally, literally disintergrated and has contaminated the entire system. Of course, low and behold it is not covered under any type of warranty. Nothing like living in Florida with a car that has no A/C
  • rrubyyrrubyy Member Posts: 19
    call Amerian Honda 800.999.1009. Request free repair; this is a usual and frequent occurence documented by this website. Also Google: 2004 Honda CRV problems for more documentation. They have set a precedence for repairing this problem on vehicles 2 and 3 times (on the same vehicle). I had 52,000 miles on mine this year when it blew out; had the work done at a non-Honda dealer service center; they reimbursed 50% of my cost. Good luck.
  • texasrabbittexasrabbit Member Posts: 6
    My 2003 Honda CR-V has had the black death A/C blowout twice. It seems to happen about every 75,000 miles, or sooner. Now I have 204,000 miles. Therefore, I expect this problem to happen any day.
    If there were one particular A/C element which causes this problem, it might be worth the cost to have that part replaced immediately.
    I'm reminded of an old Ford Escort I owned. The drive chain was due to be replaced at 100,000. I went 101,000, and wrecked the engine. That was my fault.
    Unfortunately, with this Honda CR-V A/C problem, Honda doesn't even warn us.
    I signed up for this and hopefully everyone else will. This is ridiculous. I just rented a car for vacation as my 2003 CRV AC blew at 61000 miles. That was 2 years ago and I refuse to put our money into something that is HONDA'S fault. They had similar problems with transmissions a few years ago. Come on everyone...let's make HONDA PAY
    http://www.honda-lawsuit.com/index.cfm
  • chicagoishchicagoish Member Posts: 7
    I watch these messages and, hopefully, I don't jinx myself but I own a 2004 and 2005 CRV, and my sister-in-law has a 2003. So far so good on all of them... our two cars are pretty low mileage 50K and 60K, but my sister-in-law's 2003 is up there.
    My current mechanic has a theory that the reason these are failing so often is that the debris from the defective part(s) has spread throughout the cooling system itself. This very fine metallic dust must be blown out of the cooling system to avoid future problems. Again this is a theory and i have no real way of knowing if this was done in the previous two repairs as i am still trying to get the paperwork from the dealer. All thoughts welcome...and yes i have signed up for the legal action (approx one week ago and have not heard back from them....)
  • bill285bill285 Member Posts: 1
    My wife's 2001 Honda CRV AC wasn't working .She tookin=t the mecahnic that wusually works on our vehicles. He said the compressor had blown up and the entiresytem would need replacing.This was on Sat. He called todayand gave us the bad news.. the price. I have read on here that Honda might help with this repair.Is this true. The vehicle has 147,000 miles on it. I hate to have it fixed if it going to happen again in 30-50,000 miles. The mecahnic said it was going to be the most expensive ac repair he has ever done. If this is as common as it seems to be then HONDA should bear the cost , or at least some of it.
  • soupisgoodfoodsoupisgoodfood Member Posts: 1
    We bought a used 2004 CRV in mid may with 63K miles (we also have a 1999 with 213K and going strong) from a Honda dealership. 35 days after driving it off their lot, the ac compressor blew up. We took it back to the dealer and they said they would give us parts at cost, but, that we would still owe over $2,000. We called Honda America and was told that there is not a problem with these vehicles and that they would not do anything to help, talk to our dealership. Our service manager said that this is the very first time he has seen anything like this happen and that it is not a problem that he is aware of. Funny, he also knew that our compressor exploded and all they did was a visual inspection and that we would also need to replace the entire system. I did some further research and found that you can log complaints on the NHTSA site and found that in the past 3 years, 61% of ALL complaints on this vehicle are ALL compressor related. Log your complaint there and also join the class action suit ... Honda has really let me down.
  • jmc44jmc44 Member Posts: 1
    Sadly I have to add my vehicle to this very long list of a/c compressor failures. My CRV is a 2003 with 103,000 miles on it. Of the $3,000 cost to fix, Honda is going to kick in 25%, which is better than nothing, but not that great considering how many of these are failing and how expensive they are to replace. My dealership has been great throughout, but Honda corporate customer service leaves a lot to be desired. I was told that because of the high miles (don't they advertise that their cars will just go forever?) the only reason they're giving me anything is because I've had all my repairs done at the dealership. Otherwise, I'd get nothing. Here's a direct quote "eventually the owner of the vehicle has to take responsibility for repairs". Now, I bought it new, bought the extended warranty and financed it with them. None of which made a bit of difference. Oh, and while my dealer told me that 100% of these systems will eventually fail, corporate said it is a very small percentage, regardless of what I've read on the internet. So, I will fix it, and trade it for something other than a Honda. I guess this is a classic case of buyer beware. Lesson learned.
    edited June 2010
    Ask the dealer if they are putting in a Keihin or Seltec brand compressor.
    Keihin will eventually failed according to other people postings. Keihin has discontinued manufacturing the compressor. It seems Seltec is another choice.

I just found this:

http://aircondition.com/wwwboard/2003Q1/93910.html

Subject: Re: Keihin compressor exploded
    Date: August 01, 2003 at 08:50:51
    Posted by: M. Mack on via: or 66.45.77.157
    In Reply to: The message posted by David on July 30, 2003 at 18:49:08:

If you can find two different oils in your sample, you may be able to show that one of them was not compatible with R-134A or that one oil was not compatible with the other.

When the compressor failed, you lost an undetermined amount of oil that was mixed with refrigerant,therefore it is not realistic to prove how much oil was in the system before.

Although I have never seen any published data of explosive limits, it is a fact that certain mixtures of R-134A & air have been known to explode. That is why technicians are warned not to leak test R-134A systems with air.

My bet is either: 1) You had some air in your system due to the system being open to atmosphere (hard to prove though) and conditions were right for explosion, or 2) The system lost some refrigerant during the past year, sucked air, and conditions were right for explosion.

And this :

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/jonathan789/2008-06-12_170645_wipers.pdf

This bulletin clearly mentioned late 80's early 90's Keihin Hondas have A/C compressor issues.
  • oathoath Member Posts: 7
    There is a definite problem with the Honda ACs. I had the total AC system replaced in 8/2005 and fortunately it was under Warranty. Recently, in May I was told by the Dealership I had to replace the whole AC again for $2800. I took it for 2nd opinion to a reputable mechanic in Baltimore and the only thing that needed to be replaced was the compressor. I don't know what the mechanic did but the AC is working better than when I got the car brand new. I saved myself $1800.00. If you live in Maryland take your car to the Catonsville Car Care Center. They're excellent.
    I think a good local auto A/C specialist can tell you more about the issue then the dealership.
  • motoguy128motoguy128 Member Posts: 146
    I believe the "theory" of fine metal particles is correct. The original problem is a defective compressor. But once it fails, you need to replace all components including the suction and liquid lines... not just the coils and compressor.

It's not like Honda makes these compressors. there's fundamentally nothing different than the A/C systme on any other car. Only that Honda's suppleir made a bad part, and the repair isn't being performed correctly... in that the contamination is left behind and kills the new compressor even if it's a good design.

IMO, the original MFG should be responsible to pick up at least part of the cost of the repair, Honda another part of the costs and only a small part by the customer.

Put it this way... if Honda had a defective part in the egnine that caused the engine to fail. Would you expect them to just replace the bad part? Heck no, they'd have ot give you a new or rebuilt engine.

The matter is complicated because hte initial failure typically occur just outside the warranty period.
    This sounds like Honda's reliability back in the 70's. The car drop dead after 3 years of used. :cry:
  • amy7766amy7766 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2010
    Driving yesterday in AZ's heat, I heard a slight rattle, then no more cool air. The Honda dealership told me that my compressor exploded sending shrapnel into the entire system. Whole thing had to be replaced for $2200. The car has been well maintained and just got a 40,000 mile check from the dealership last month. Does anyone know if this should have been detected by the dealership? I am so surprised by this. I previously owned a 2002 civic and didn't have to make one repair. After reading through some of this forum I've decided to pursue it with Honda. Just thought I'd add my story to the list to give others reason to pursue this problem with Honda. Also does anyone know if recalls are only for safety issues? Seems as though this is a wide enough spread problem to be recalled. Of course keeping in mind that most CRVs are probably without this problem.
  • oathoath Member Posts: 7
    I have a 2002 CRV and they said the same thing about mine the first time when it was still under warranty in 8/2005 at 56,000 miles. It happened again 4 weeks ago at 126,000 miles and they said they would have to replace the whole system again for $2800.00. This time I got smart and took it to a local well known mechanic in Baltimore and it only needed a compressor. I saved $1,800 and the mechanic told me in his 30 years in business he's never heard of replacing a whole AC system for the 2nd time within 5 years.
    This is the response I got from the Honda Lawsuit when I contacted them but since Honda didn't replace it I didn't think of keeping the compressor.

Thank you for contacting us about the issues with your Honda. Unfortunately, it appears that many Honda's have had the same problem that you are experiencing. Apparently, Honda typically covers the cost of repair while the vehicle is under warranty, but will not once the warranty has expired. However, some owners have received "goodwill" contributions from Honda. Regardless, you should call American Honda’s customer service department at 1-800-999-1009 and open a claim.

Additionally, if your vehicle is in the process of being repaired, you should ask to keep your compressor.

In order for us to determine your eligibility to be part of this potential class action brought on behalf of Honda owners, please send, e-mail or fax me a copy of the service records related to this issue. Upon review of your documentation we will contact you to discuss your situation further.