Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 Honda CR-V

Comments

• lzclzc Member Posts: 483
    The new RDX shifter is on the floor console. The CR-V shifter might not be as pretty but I doubt it's in a different location.
  • stevedebistevedebi Member Posts: 4,098
    "A new Civic-based 'Crossover' will be added for the 2009 model year, powered by a four-cylinder engine!"

Ummm, you DO realize that the current CR-V is a Civic "crossover" with a 4 cylinder engine?
    "This may sound petty but I hope the auto gear shift is a floor console shifter unlike the awful dash design. Does anyone know if they changed this for 07?"

FWIW, I like the Gen 2 dash mounted shifter. It keeps the floor clean and allows for that great pass-through that we used when the kids were toddlers and it was raining outside.
  • mnfmnf Member Posts: 405
    I hate so say this but back in 04 it was one of my reasons that I did not go with a CRV ( also no leather and heated seats) now that i own own a 06 I have to say I like the comfort of the floor area clear. This making it easy to have movement from front to back. Again you never know :blush:
  • bodble2bodble2 Member Posts: 4,514
    I'm with you on this one. The dash-mounted shifter did not bother me at all. Most of the time you'd just put the thing in D and leave it alone anyway. It didn't look sporty, but then the CR-V never drove that sporty anyway.
  • yysyysyysyys Member Posts: 51
    "After driving the new 3rd generation and learning about all it's new features that the 2006 model has nothing in common with the new 2007 CR-V except the NAME ONLY.Pricing is up a bit over last year's model. Expect around a $1,200.00 increase on average for each version LX, EX, EX-L=(Leather) and EX-L Navigation. One newsbreaking item that will be of GREAT RELIEF for thousands of CR-V AFICIONADOS across America is that the 'FRONT END' is DIFFERENT, and might I say a 'VAST IMPROVEMENT' over the pictures we all have seen in recent weeks. This is all I can DIVULGE for now."
  • ccacpccacp Member Posts: 117
    From a reliable source:
    First off, I would like to tell everyone that I just got back from a training seminar today for the new 2007 CR-V!!!! I have sold Honda's for over 18 years and I must say that this is the 'BIGGEST IMPROVEMENT' I have ever seen on a model change from Honda ever!!!! This new version 'RIDES','HANDLES','ACCELERATES' and 'FEELS' 100% BETTER than the 2006 outgoing model!!!! The COMPARISON is like 'NIGHT and DAY'!!!! We all agreed that after driving the new 3rd generation and learning about all it's new features that the 2006 model has nothing in common with the new 2007 CR-V except the NAME ONLY!!!! Pricing is up a bit over last year's model. Expect around a $1,200.00 increase on average for each version LX, EX, EX-L=(Leather) and EX-L Navigation!!!! One newsbreaking item that will be of GREAT RELIEF for thousands of CR-V AFICIONADOS across America is that the 'FRONT END' is DIFFERENT, and might I say a 'VAST IMPROVEMENT' over the pictures we all have seen in recent weeks!!!! This is all I can DIVULGE for now!!!!
  • varmintvarmint Member Posts: 6,326
    Not necessarily. I mean, the Element has a shifter located on the center stack, while the CR-V has it up near the steering column.

The CR-V has the manual shifter on the floor, but the Element has it mounted higher in almost the same position as the AT version.

So, Honda can and will move the location of a shifter even with vehicles on the same platform.
    Doubtful. Honda already held a press event for the CR-V. Everyone is already publishing pictures (in print) of the nasty nose. If Honda were going to make changes, they would have done so already.

As much as I'd like to believe this, I have a hard time swallowing it.

Of course, if they have changed it... you can all thank me for whining so loudly. ;)
  • happyharryhappyharry Member Posts: 22
    From this "Reliable" source, would you please come up with some realistic figures for comparision with 2006 CRV in order to justify all these claimed BIGGEST IMPROVEMENTS; RIDES; HANDLES; ACCELERATES; FEELS 100& better than the 2006 CRV?

Let the facts and figure speak for itself! Thanks. :confuse:
    WARNING! Honda propagandists at large...

I too will wait for the 2007 to be released before I believe two different posts that appear to have been written by the same person, in the same clumsy style.
  • rockyteerockytee Member Posts: 35
    Pricing is up a bit over last year's model. Expect around a $1,200.00 increase on average for each version LX, EX, EX-L=(Leather) and EX-L Navigation!!!!

I noticed that you forgot to put exclamation marks behind "model" Tsk! Tsk!
  • bodble2bodble2 Member Posts: 4,514
    At first I too thought the posts were written by the same person. Then, I thought it looks like yysyys was quoting ccacp verbatim by copy and paste.

But regardless, you're probably bang on with the Honda propogandists thing! ;)
  • ccacpccacp Member Posts: 117
    I copied and pasted that post from another website. yysyys seems to be very well informed on the CR-V since he has shared info on other hondas which was later confirmed to be true.
  • dragonfly47dragonfly47 Member Posts: 26
    What other website?
    There are a number of Honda SUV and CR-V websites out there. A google search will find the good ones.
  • yysyysyysyys Member Posts: 51
    According to my source CR-V will have Bi-Level Digital Readout Instrument Panel.
    Yep. Know that.I was specifically asking where ccacp was getting his "inside information" from. But no matter - I found it.
    Although Edmunds has become less strict about the policy, the member agreement for these forums states that participants should not promote other forums. For a long time that meant not even naming them.

Which makes your's a question we cannot answer. Though, most hosts will allow us to drop big hints.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Just a clarification - as long as your purpose in posting does not appear to be to drive traffic away from these Forums (i.e., purely solicitation for another forum), then it's fine.

GOOD: I heard this information from some other folks in the allgoodautostuff.com forums. here's the info...blah blah blah.

BAD: Hey, I found a great CR-V forum at allgoodautostuff.com. See you there!

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• saabgirlsaabgirl Member Posts: 184
    Hmm. Interesting. Sounds like a poster could possibly do a bit of steering if they're subtle about it. (Of course, subtlety isn't a characteristic of marketeers.)

It's probably as good a solution as any, because it's nearly impossible to follow the Never, Never, Never rule when many posters are simply swapping info or responding to specific questions.

So it makes sense to try to cull out the conspicuously trollish marketeers.

Just a "been there" observation ...
    Purported "official pics" of the European 2007 CR-V are up elsewhere today. A bit different than the Vancouver spyshots. Interior looks good.
    In the past, we've just written things like, "Google for Honda and SUV and dot com. You might find what you want."

Which is sorta what I was doing. But since I've already caused enough grief this past week, I was being extra careful in not making our hosts work any harder. :shades:
    I saw those pics and agree with you on the interior. It looks great.

Many will be fooled by the romantic lighting and professional photography, but the nose still looks bad.
  • turbocrvturbocrv Member Posts: 19
    I was looking on Motorweek to see what is coming up soon. 2007 Honda CRV will be on the "Road Test" segment. :shades: ">link title

from site:

MotorWeek #2604

Episode Title: 2604/2007 Honda CR-V
    PBS broadcast window begins September 29, 2006

Quick Listing:
    Road Test: The all-new 2007 Honda CR-V
    Road Test: The hot 2007 Audi RS4
    AutoWorld: Ready, Set, Go Tailgating
    Long-Term Road Test Update: BMW 3-Series, Subaru Tribeca

URL:
    http://www.pbs.org/mpt/motorweek/upcomingshows.shtml

URL:
    http://www.pbs.org/mpt/motorweek/upcomingshows.shtml
  • turbocrvturbocrv Member Posts: 19
    What is the brand name of tires, tire size and service description for all new 2007 Honda CR-V and what if Honda dealers in US Version to pick OEM brand name?

European Version: Dunlop Grandtrek
    US (North American) Version: ?
    Japanese (Asian) Version: ?

1997-2001 Honda CR-V P205/R70 15
    2002-2006 Honda CR-V P215/R65 16
    2007-present Honda CR-V P2??/R?? 1?

I would love to see either Yokohama AVID TRZ or Michelin tires instead of Bridgestone/Firestones.
  • drive62drive62 Member Posts: 637
    2002-2006 Honda CR-V P215/R65 16

In the US the 2G began it's life with 15" tires. Switched to 16" mid cycle.
  • bravedavebravedave Member Posts: 100
    As per the spy photo, it appears the engine in the Euro CRV looks like a 1.8 litre Civic based engine. I hope North America gets the Accord based 2.4 litre engine. I do not think the 1.8 has enough torque to adequately move the CRV to American tastes.
  • drive62drive62 Member Posts: 637
    The current model has different engines for different markets. I imagine that will continue.

Considering that the current US engine is 2.4L I don't think they will take a step backward.
  • shado4shado4 Member Posts: 287
    :surprise:

That, folks, is a face only a mother could love (or a Honda fanboi).

Ugly doesn't begin to describe how awful the nose of the new CR-V truly is.

Where's the :puking: icon?
  • robertsmxrobertsmx Member Posts: 5,525
    CR-V has been offered with 2.0 liter engine in Europe, so the picture may be showing the same, except that the new 2.0 may be an R-series engine (like the new Civic) instead of the K-series. And 2.2-liter diesel.

USA and Japan got 2.4 liter versions and that is likely to continue, perhaps with 165-170 HP.
    The new CR-V looks fantastic, inside and out. Except for the eye-sore that the grill is (especially from the side).
  • blackexv6blackexv6 Member Posts: 503
    Did someone kick the grille in? That is one ugly design. If they align the grille flush with the fascia it would probably look good. Otherwise, the new CRV looks pretty good to me.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Nice new pics...

Hood still looks like it's not closed all the way. Tragic.

I like most of the front end so a very simple face-lift could easily fix this. Without the underbite I'd even call it handsome.

Bigger wheels fill out the wheel well better, too.

Interior looks good, big step up IMO. Half new Civic, half Pilot, sort of. Seats look great.

And I love that rear tail light, straight out of the Volvo school of design.

The D-pillar really creates a blind spot if you look at those interior pics. You can't see diagonally behind you. But this is also the case with the RAV4, Infiniti FX, Nissan Murano, and Subaru Tribeca. Form over function.

-juice
    The spare on my '98 Forester L matches the regular wheels, all 5 are styled steelies. The alloys on the S model did not match, however. Cost cutting, plain and simple.

Still better than today's donuts. :sick:

-juice
  • kwhkwh Member Posts: 68
    That is a good description - it looks like you're riding down the road with hood open - horrible looking front. I am now looking at several other cars - I had already decided to trade my 2004 CRV for the new model until I saw the three piece front end. I am now looking at several other models. I will wait to see a 2007 in person - I can take bland but not a car that many people (including myself)will look at and think that's an ugly car. Many here say it's not so bad or I'll get used to it - that's not something I want to spend $25,000 on. I think varmint was right about the loss of sales since I had already decided to buy one sight unseen. Only something crazy looking like this design could make me look at other models. Sales may be saved by gas prices if it gets 28-30 MPG.
    "Sales may be saved by gas prices if it gets 28-30 MPG."

Well, seeing as the current model gets 29 MPG highway, I suppose there is hope yet.
    Unless someone reversed some photos, that is a EU spec vehicle, with stuff that won't be on the US model (based on previous Generation introductions).
  • saabgirlsaabgirl Member Posts: 184
    This batch of pics show the more sculpted look of the body panels, suggesting that the vehicle might look better in person than the previous disguised shots.

Still, I don't care for high-design SUVs. (Take the Murano. Please!) The more you try to make 'em pretty, the more you interfere with visibility to the side and rear and compromise utility, it seems to me.

But that snout! I keep wondering what management process got that front-end design through the approval chain.

It looks to me like a distant ancestor of the grille and hood line was the late-'40s Kaiser-Frazer.
  • shado4shado4 Member Posts: 287
    But that snout! I keep wondering what management process got that front-end design through the approval chain.

I can't decide which nose is more hideous, the "clown smile with a massive underbite" snout on the 2007 Honda CR-V or the "pucker up and suck on a lemon" face on the Subaru B9 Tribeca.

:sick:
    You may prefer the boxy shapes of the Forester and Pilot. They do yield great visibility all around - no blind spots.

Gas mileage is still unknown, right? My guess is it'll be the same as the outgoing model, because any gains in efficiency on the engine side will be offset by the extra weight gained.

-juice
  • lahirilahiri Member Posts: 394
    Current 2006 2WD model is rated at 23 MPG for city and 29 MPG for highway. I just bought one - I'm getting 17 MPG city (too many stop signs, lights and 30 mph limit)and 26 MPG highway (65 mph speed limit). I'm keeping the a/c on - though I'm not using the max a/c. This is better than big truck based SUVs with V6/ V8 - but, this is no Civic either. If Honda can make the engine powerful without sacrificing MPG rating, Honda will have a winner.
  • nimrod99nimrod99 Member Posts: 343
    What are the chances that the US version of the CRV will have GPS Nav like the Euro version?
    Same thing with the side mirrors? Will the US version have indicators (turn signals)
    NAV is likely to be offered in the upper trims (may be EX only).
    The only thing I am waiting to see before making a decision... is how much power does the new CRV have.
    I guess it will never match the 2006 Rav4's 268 Hp, but if the CRV can move fairly quicky(better than the 2006), the better refinement level of the CRV interior will swing my vote.
    I bet it gets at least the 166hp the new Element has. Maybe 170 or so. The CR-V got the 10hp bump one year before the Element did, so I doubt it'll have less power, question is will it have more?

-juice
  • bobob20032000bobob20032000 Member Posts: 69
    Toyota Rav4
    4X2 - 22/29 mpg
    4X4 - 21/28 mpg

Honda CR-V
    2WD - 23/29 mpg
    4WD - 22/27 mpg

Honda beats Toyota's fuel economy. Toyota has less horsepower and uses more gasoline. Honda will have more room than a Rav4.

Honda starts at $20,395
    Toyota starts at $22,335

You save $1940 with a Honda and Gas $$$
    Quote "Toyota has less horsepower and uses more gasoline"
    Are you nuts?
    The 4WD Rav4 has 269 HP and gets 21/28 mpg
    the 4WD CRV has 156 HP and gets 22/27 mpg

I think you got it wrong. The CRV HAS LESS HP AND USES MORE GAS!
    I'll take the 269 HP RAV4 with 28 mpg over the 156 HP CRV with 27 mpg
  • orbit9090orbit9090 Member Posts: 116
    The RAV-4 has a fugly interior, and the next CR-V looks like it will have a fugly front-end.
    But, if you want REAL BAD efficiency, get a VW Rabbit. It has a 5-cyl that only makes 150 HP and gets a meager 22 mpg city.
    I think your data for the RAV4 is wrong.

Toyota Rav4
    4X2 - 22/29 mpg
    4X4 - 21/28 mpg

Actually it's 24/30 with FWD and 23/28 with AWD (source: Consumer Guide 2006). So basically 1 mpg better than the CR-V city and highway for both FWD and AWD models, if your CR-V data is correct.

It's not a 4x4, either.

And I seriously doubt the CR-V has more room, they couldn't fit a 3rd row like Toyota did.

-juice
This discussion has been closed.