Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Pathfinder Electrical Problems

Comments

• Nissan Pathfinder SE 6cyl Mannual trans 4WD
    111,000 miles fully overhauled a year ago
    :confuse: Recently I´ve been experiencing car trouble (stalling) only that it has gotten steadily worse and the last time it died on me and it didn´t start untill it had cooled off for about 30 minutes.............when coils short out how does one go about testing it?
    It really is mind boggling otherwise it was running great!!!
  • you need a good volt meter , then you check the resistance across the coil tower that goes into the spark plug and also across the positive and neg pins or wire taps on the sides of the coil, as far as how much resistance you need to ask some one from nissan or get a spec sheet on the coils
  • Since I happened to have a spare coil I switched them and test drove it, well, the flaw reappeared; then I went on and switched the ignition control module, the same thing happened since plugs and wires are brand new I think I will focus on the ignition relay.........
  • I have a 2005 nissan pathfinder the left hand side blinkers have stopped working however the id light on the dash is still showing but does flash at twice speed.
    any ideas please.
  • I have this same problem... has anyone figured out what could possibly cause this?

Again, blinker stops blinking when brakes are applied, then blinker comes on solid when brake is applied regardless if blinker is activated.

Please help lol
  • First make sure all the bulbs are good in front and back. Second your combination switch (turn signal, lights) may be worn. All lights go through this switch. Search for combination switch in older forums for explanation on how to fix. It's relatively easy even for someone with little mechanical knowledge. For philby1, if you haven't replaced your radiator,DO SO NOW to avoid transmission problems! See ALL posts in the transmission section of these forums. This pertains to YOUR year model Pathfinder!
    Good luck, David
  • I have a 94 Pathfinder with some very weird electrical problems. When I start the car and get both daytime running lights the transmission sticks in second, If it starts with one daytime light ( which is on bright) everything is fine. It will occasionally stick in first, but if you restart the truck everything is fine. Now that it is getting cooler in the morning I get three warning lights on the dash ( at,oil, and i not sure what the other is ) but after two minutes they all go away. If I turn on the headlights both work and everything seems fine. I did notice once that the truck started with both daytime running lights but when I stepped on the brake to reverse out of the driveway it went to one light bright.
    any ideas? I have no idea where to start
    any help would be appreciated
    thanks
  • corjcorj Posts: 2
    I have a 2008 Pathfinder and very happy with this car, Recently i found my car in a parking lot with the front windows down. We were very Surprised when we saw this. We looked around to see if someone had a prank on us. A week ago i left for work and found my car with the windows down again in the garage. Needles too say that this is not good. i use the doorbutton to lock my car and see if this will work for a while. Someone any ideas????? or a solution, i am new on this forum.
    I had several Nissans Murano's, (Almera's, Prairie in Europe) and no problems at all. Thanks
  • 99accent99accent Posts: 232
    YOUR FOB , or remote has a button sequence that does open the wndows,its something like unlock it and hold the unlock button for 2 seconds and the windows open,check it out in the manual for the FOB operation
  • corjcorj Posts: 2
    Thanks, I will definitely read and try this, The only thing i wonder is why is this happening while my keys are on the table for a whole night and then find my car with the windows down?
    HAVE YOU REPLACED THE BATTERIES IN THE REMOTE?

if so, make sure noting is pressing on the buttons when you place it on the table

make sure somebody isnt playing a joke on you in your house .
  • joefanjoefan Posts: 3
    The 1992 pathfinder has 4 wires coming off the alternator. Two white ones that go to the + termal on the battery. A black wire that goes to the body ground and a yellow/black that goes to the bulb check relay. That relay turns on those dash lights briefly to make sure all the lights are working then it goes off after the car is started. My guess is that yellow and black wire is where I would start. I would check the relay first.
    see if you get a voltage reading off the yell and blk wires with the key on if you do ,then go to the relay
  • I just bought my first used car on my own and I couldn't be more excited that it is a 1995 Pathfinder (I LOVE PATHFINDERS!!!) HOWEVER,I think I messed up. I test drove the rig, but didn't check the lights. The man was straight forward with me and said that a sensor was broken , but he didn't feel it was important to fix it and the open door signal came off and on affecting the dome light so he just kept it off, but driving home last night after purchasing the rig I was pulled over for having a headlight out (passenger side). When I got home my fiance said that the passenger side reverse light was also out. I also noticed that the cruise control would not engage but after hitting set the light would flicker on the dash but then go off, that the lights on the radio did not work, but the radio worked. Also I can roll down passenger side windows from drivers seat but they have to be rolled up on the side they are on. Does anyone know if any of these things could be related? Running lights and blinkers are not an issue on either side. It seems like the passenger side is just....messed up! I tried replacing the headlight, but that did not solve the problem. Please help. I'm having a friend look at it soon but he didn't really seem too confident that he could diagnose the problem, but I figured I'd give him a try before dishing out the big bucks to have it looked over. :confuse:
  • The window problem is in the main panel on the drivers door. You will need to pop the window switch panel out of the door. Very important> take switch panel inside under a bright light over a cookie sheet, (they have tiny,I mean tiny bearings in those switches! Using a small flat blade screwdriver disassemble the switches. Using a small piece of fine emory paper ( I used a cheap fingernail file), clean the contact surfaces and make sure that they actually touch the contacts. They usually don''t in a Pathfinder that old.Bend them slightly so they do. It's that easy. As for the headlights, check the fuses under the hood andinside. If they are good, then move on to the headlight switch itself. Look back in these forums for "switchfixer's" post. He does a great job of explaining repairing the switch! (and SIMPLE) Have faith in your capabilities! You can do this! It's easy!
    Onto the cruise control- On the brake pedal are two switches, (yes you have to get under there) :) one for the brake lights and one for the cruise control. If you're lucky, the stopper that closes the switch has dry rotted and fallen out. Just order a new one from the dealer. It's cheap! Since you are going to the trouble of doing all this, look on E-Bay for the Pathfinder manual on disc. I bought mine there for $10.00 and it's the real Nissan Service manual! It will help you further on the cruise control if it's not the stopper! Good luck! Please post back, it's nice to know if I helped or not! Good Luck!
    David :shades:
  • hello can anybody help.

Main Beam Lights. - Side Lights work, Driving Lights work, however when I switch onto Main beam everything goes of, very exciting at 80 mph in the night. All Fuses are good, Possible contact fault or relay??

Thank You - David
  • Most likely it's the switch. See "switchfixers" post. It's a few years old now, but he does a great job of how to fix it!
  • I've had my Pathfinder for almost 3 years and other than poor fuel economy, I liked the car. In the last year I've replaced the battery twice, had it to two different mechanics looking for reasons why the battery goes dead. I believe I have some electrical problems. The alarm goes off for no reason after the motor is off, I'm unable to lock the doors while driving unless I use the remote, the interior light that is supposed to come on when door is opened has never worked and the cigarette lighter shorts out so I can't use it for DC power. I just replaced the battery 2 months ago and last night it sounded like it was almost dead when I tried to start. Am I looking at a huge expense? After reading all these stories I'll probably not buy another Pathfinder.
  • I recently bought a 2006 Pathfinder SE and LOVE IT! The only problem is that the high mounted brake light is so dim that it doesn't even look like it's working during the day. Infact, at night the only way to even notice that it is on is to be eye level with it when it is on... if you are in a car that is lower than mine or if you are far away it looks like it is burnt out. I have been told that it is an LED unit that would have to be replaced, but I'm not totally sure I'm trusting the mechanic I saw about this. I have searched the internet but can't find anything about this, or a part to purchase to try to fix it myself. Any idea how much something like this would cost me at the dealership? Any input would be very helpful:-)
    let a good electrical person check it out , its just a bunch asmall stuff that probably have become loose or shorted ,or somebody hooked up something aftermarket ;) and didnt know what they were doing .