Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2001 GMC Jimmy Reclining Seat Handle

mcaknuppmcaknupp Member Posts: 1
edited September 2014 in GMC
Does anyone out there have a problem with the reclining seat handle shaft breaking? I heard this is problem with these high back seats. Where can I get replacement bracket assy. besides the dealer?? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    repairdogrepairdog Member Posts: 948
    Dealer has them in stock or look online at rockauto or gmpartsdirect. Easy repair after you remove the 4 seat bolts and then the few seatcover clips.
  • Options
    indikutindikut Member Posts: 5
    I've had that happen to both my 1999 and 2002 Blazers. Its a common problem, due to the soft alluminum shaft they use.

I just went to a junkyard, and yanked a new assembly.. Cost me $15
  • Options
    possum4possum4 Member Posts: 2
    yeah mine broke also
  • Options
    braclarkbraclark Member Posts: 1
    You can get an aftermarket handle that attaches permanently to the broken stub at:
    http://www.wittydeals.com/product_info.php?products_id=29
  • Options
    mkobmkob Member Posts: 10
    Yes, both of my seats in my 99 Jimmy have missing handles because of the same issue.
  • Options
    frekeyguyfrekeyguy Member Posts: 5
    I bought this about 2 1/2 years ago, and it fixed it.

Its easy to install, its a screw that goes in the hollow shaft, its cheap and quick.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-99-00-SEAT-RELEASE-HANDLES-GMC-BLAZER-JIMMY-BR- AVADA_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33701QQihZ004QQitemZ140171991695QQrdZ1QQsspagen- ameZWDVW
  • Options
    phw715phw715 Member Posts: 3
    Both levers broke off in my 99 Jimmy. The remaining stub on the driver's side split in two pieces so the aftermarket handle won't work. Has anyone replaced the reclining mechanism? I see there are plastic clips connecting the upholstery to a bar. How do you remove the lumbar support knob? Any help would be appreciated.
  • Options
    dan1954dan1954 Member Posts: 1
    Go to wittydeals.com and they have replacement handles that go over the broken one after evening it up and it's held in place with a set screw, Never have to fix it again.
  • Options
    bccfatboy96bccfatboy96 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    I have relays clicking behind my glove box all the time. my 4x4 is inop i an not sure if this is related. When i turn on my flashers the clicking seems to be in time with them? Any ideas out there?
This discussion has been closed.