Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi Q7 Accessories

2»

Comments

• arriearrie Member Posts: 312
    What do you mena by Bluetooth?

I have Bluetooth phone interface in my Q7 but not the Navi. Bluetooth phone interface is separate from Navigation.

Arrie
  • misakmisak Member Posts: 1
    I was just checking my system because my Bluetooth stopped working yesterday. If anyone interested, I can post some pictures where everything is located and how it is connected. I have Sirius XM, NAV, Bluetooth, MMI in the car.
    Yes,

Please post photos!

Arrie
    I have now completed installation of navigation to my '09 Q7.

This was quite pricey but I think the car is worth it.

Parts from the dealer coast $1928.63 and installation is 2-3 hours. Because of a mix-up with my installation that ended up taking the whole day the dealer gave installation for free. One detail is that Audi parts number and documentation list the navigation unit and CD as one but parts came without the CD. I was first told that I must buy one for $199 from Navteq but in the end I was given the CD.

Total parts could end up being $2128.63 + Tax if you cannot get the CD included.

But, the main thing here is that the factory NAV is very good and completes my car now. I'm very happy having this done even though it is quite pricey.

Arrie
  • ph1972ph1972 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks Arrie

I will Aslo prefer to get it done from thr dealer
  • audipiaaudipia Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 Q7 with the basic MMI. It was a dealer demo vehicle. I had them integrate an iPod ( works sporadically at best which of course they did not warn me of) as well as an aftermarket bluetooth system that is pretty low budget. Wondering if it is possible to buy an upgraded/2010 MMI system that has an iPod interface that works, navigation as well as bluetooth and install that without the dealer. I am approaching 50K miles so warranties are about to expire anyway. Thoughts anyone??
    Integrate an iPod that works sporadically. What do you mean by that?

If you had Audi dealer install the AMI then it works always when you have it connected to the iPod with the cable. If it does not then there is something wrong with it and you should have them fix it before your warranty runs out.

AMI, Bluetooth and Navigation are separate modules that are built to be integrated system with the MMI. I don't know why some of this would work "sporadically" if installation is done by the Audi dealer.

Arrie
  • ny_driverny_driver Member Posts: 22
    I have a 2007 Q7 and was thinking abt the Ipod integration. Dealer quoted me $2K to do so. Understand it works fine (nothing about sporadic issues). I have also heard good things about the Dension Gateway Ipod kit.
  • discreetspeeddiscreetspeed Member Posts: 1
    I purchased the mObridge Audio for my Audi Q7 for the iPod/iPhone and it works like a charm. Allows scrolling using steering wheel controls and the MMI. Streaming audio like Pandora works well also. It was about $550 installed
  • govgov73govgov73 Member Posts: 3
    Audi Q7 4.2 Quattro

I bought Audi Q7 last year Sept 2009; I used the Car from Sept to April 2010.

I packed the car and went for six months business trip , my wife only warm the car every 3 days without test driving it.

Now she is experience problem with the car.

Q7 Starting problem

The Speedometer light is off

The boot only closes manually.

Mechanic has checked every fuse is working,

When I put the ignition, its on but cant start the car and the Speedometer light signal is off.

Pls I need some help or direction

Mr Michael
This discussion has been closed.