Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Versa Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Whew - I'm getting tired looking for the right Versa. It doesn't seem to exist. I want a SL hatchback with beige interior with ABS. I realize that only white, black or blue come with the beige option. My dream car is white with beige. The dealers around me (Vermont) can't find one and there is nothing on the internet within 250 miles from here. I have quotes on the table for 2 that don't have ABS (one in Springfield, MA, one in Newburgh, NY), but now I'm wondering what to do. I'm tempted to end my agony and just get one without ABS. I have to say, in my 40 years of driving I have never had occasion to need ABS! (or seat belts or air bags....) Question: does the "brake assist" (or whatever it is called) that comes with the ABS package make driving more enjoyable? I'm sensitive to a nice braking car (I'm driving a Camry hybrid right now - cruisemobile)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,876
    Brake assist is only going to come into play, if you have a panic stop situation and the ABS is activated... It basically senses a panic stop, and applies full brake pressure more quickly than you might yourself.. It won't affect normal braking.

You may have never needed ABS, but you probably haven't used your airbags, either... When needed, those are both important safety features..

Good luck in your search!

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Where did you buy the car from?
  • not a bad deal yea you could maby got a bit mor off but not a bad price. That is a grate dealer how did they treat you. we got an altima at that dealer ship few years ago grate car to keep us updated thanks for reading Marco.
  • I have an offer for 09 versa sedan with power package 14,227 before tax.
    My question is should i get hatchback style and CVT.
    I heard I can get a better milage for CVT transmission.
    Is it worth for extra money?
  • sandman46sandman46 Posts: 1,798
    According to the brochure, only the SL model comes with the CVT and not the regular S model. Is this absolutely true? I've seen others posting that they got the S model with the CVT.
    T I A folks.
    The Sandman :)
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,686
    Unless things have changed recently, the S gets a 6-speed stick standard and 4-speed automatic (regular AT) optional.
  • no they have not changed still that way backy thanks for reading marco.
  • Hello,
    I got a quote for $13,490 (not included tax+doc fee) for 2009 Nissan versa 1.8 S 4dr/ manual, 6-spd with override/Hatchback/ABS package/mats.

tax: $1264
    Doc/title: $318
    down payment: $2000

Is this a good deal??

Thank you for your help..
  • that sounds like a grate price to me since you are getting quite a bit with this car what state are you byeing from keep us updated thanks for reading Marco.
  • corkscrewcorkscrew Posts: 254
    Looking for basic, bare-bones model for the versa in upper Fairfield county, CT. Any ideas on competitive prices? Thanks!
  • I bought 09 Versa 1.8S (basic and automatic) sedan model
    by cash and there was $500 rebate for tis.
    I paid a little less than $16,000 all included (tax, domument fee, etching, power package (cruise, power window, keyless entry, splash guards, floor mats, DMV fee, destination charge)

This is a dealer in central NJ.
    I asked the price around here and I thought this price is ok.
    ion
    If you don't mind manual transmission without power package
    it's gonna be a quite a good price.

I wanted automatic / power package just in case I have to resale or trade in.

Good luck to your negotiation!
  • Hey corkscrue to answer your questians. I thik you can get a bair bones virsa auto hatch back or the car moddle for $12000 900 that is not including the tax and dmv fees and any dealer fees so you might figger with all those fees closer to $15000 if you want the power package with consusts of power windos door locks and think cruse controle would add a bit mor. if you wher to get a manuall trans you would save a bit there on this car. are you getting menny bits from dealers adleast 100 miles away from whair you live keep us updated pleas. I hope I was able to help You out if I can help you with anything elce just send an email to my car space acount. thanks for reading have a verry good day Marco.
  • I got my barebone AUTOMATIC (with floormats) for 13,979. I live in St. Charles county, Missouri, so the prices might be skewed a tad. Calculating tax, interest, and licencing, I'm looking at a 17k grand total for a new car. Not bad.
  • corkscrewcorkscrew Posts: 254
    Thanks for all the replies to my daughters request for info on a bare bones Versa. After checking prices for a Versa in the area, we found a dealer who has quite a few 2008 Sentras on the lot. There is a $1250.00 rebate and a $1000.00 dealer incentive, so she went for the Sentra.

2008 Sentra 2.0S
    msrp 18170
    less 2250 rebate & incentive
    plus 3% NC tax (she does not live here, just visiting)
    plus 229 document fee
    registration fees unknown, she was issued temp IN TRANSIT plate for a nominal fee.

Regards,
    Corkscrew
  • congrads on the sentria that your daughter baught. boath the sentria and virsa are grate cars. tell her good luck nissans are grate cars. and thanks for reading Marco.
  • has anyone baught a new nissan virsa is nissan giving grate deals on them pleas let us all no thanks for reading Marco.
  • I just bought a Versa Hatchback S Manual, with power package, cruise, abs, spoiler+mats & safety lugnut for $13,800+tax in Rockland cnty, NY
  • hi,

if anybody has bought a 09 Nissan Versa S Hatchback auto trans in PA (around the phily area), please provide the breakdown of cost (including tax, title etc.), and also which dealer you bought it from. I am planning on buying my 1st car (hopefully a 2009 Nissan Versa) and appreciate your help on it.

thanks.
    We got this for $15,600. before T,T & L with the $750 rebate and the $500 recent college graduate rebate but we had to finance at least $7K with Nissan. Called earlier this afternoon for the payoff & the check's already in the mail. Nice car and the kid loves her Versa in Arctic Blue...a new color for '09 and the nicest looking out there also!

• Dear all:

If anybody has bought a 09 Nissan Versa S Hatchback auto trans with power package in south Texas area please provide the breakdown of cost (including tax, title etc.), and also which dealer you bought it from. I am planning on buying this tiny toy in two weeks.

Appreciate
  • backybacky Twin CitiesPosts: 18,686
    Congrats on the new Versa! Solid safety for your daughter and lots of room for people and her "stuff".
    She absolutely loves her new car...it's beautiful in the new Arctic Blue. Drives very nicely for such a small car. Got to Orlando this weekend and got to drive the other girls Accent which drove very similarly. I succeeded in making both girls happy with their new cars...unbelievable. Told my oldest that the Versa would be an acceptable commuter car for me in the future in case something ever happens to my Civic. Prefer the sedan version though. Nissan has a home run with this car.

• I got a quote for Nissan 1.8S auto/HB/cruise/power of $15250 OTD. How is this? Is this OK or not?

Thanks
  • jfritschjfritsch Posts: 958
    I'm assuming the msrp is around 16000. If your state charges 1400 or so for taxes and tags that is about an average deal. If your state charges $300 you have about $1000 or more to go.

--jjf

I got a quote for Nissan 1.8S auto/HB/cruise/power of $15250 OTD. How is this? Is this OK or not?

Thanks
  • olddog7olddog7 Posts: 23
    So where are those under 9k Versas and has anyone bought one at that price. What does an under 9k car have in it? I'm assuming manual transmission and a very basic car.
    You are perceptive. Some dealers want $1000-$1600 more to add air conditioning on some models. Go look up the versa under new cars, and spec out the cheapest you can get. Thats it.

So where are those under 9k Versas and has anyone bought one at that price. What does an under 9k car have in it? I'm assuming manual transmission and a very basic car.
  • Appreciate your input. Later on, I gave up this because it does not have ABS. The thing make me confused is that the dealer showed me the exact same invoice as Edmunds. I thought this price is almost same as the TMV of edmunds. Then I did not ask a better deal, because I have been told that I should not give an unreasonable price and other dealers in my area also can not give this price. I realized edmunds TMV is only an average number and I am not a good deal catcher.
  • Looking to pay cash for an '09 1.8 S Versa Hatchback w/power package and ABS. I checked invoice price w/options and destination fee =$15,160 - Nissan offering $750 cash back incentive=$14,410. So, what should I expect to pay $200 or so over invoice?
    NYC area?
    This vehicle has sold for $2000-$3000 off msrp for numerous years depending on the time of year in most areas. I would think in a recession it would be toward the high number. A used 08 like it with 15000 miles on it barely has a trade in of $11000 (kbb.com). This is what an 09 will be worth in 12 months. $13000-$14000 is definitely what you are shooting for on the $16000msrp S.

Eating $3600 to drive a econo-bucket 1st year isn't cool. Especially in a recession.
    Get about 8-12 bids last week of the month and see how things sort out.

Good luck
    --jjf

Looking to pay cash for an '09 1.8 S Versa Hatchback w/power package and ABS. I checked invoice price w/options and destination fee =$15,160 - Nissan offering $750 cash back incentive=$14,410. So, what should I expect to pay $200 or so over invoice?
    NYC area?