Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Versa Prices Paid and Buying Experience

167891012»

Comments

• gooddeal12gooddeal12 Member Posts: 5
    Opinion of Consumer Report:
    Nissan's subcompact Versa sedan is redesigned for 2012 but it's disappointing. In a departure from its predecessor, the small car is now noisy and the interior is blatantly cheap. The car drones as it gathers speed and the continuously variable transmission accentuates engine noise. Handling, though secure, lacks agility. The ride is complaint but rather jumpy. To its credit, the rear cabin is relatively roomy .
  • gooddeal12gooddeal12 Member Posts: 5
    In the government's new, more strenuous crash testing for 2011, the Versa earned an overall rating of two stars out of a possible five, with three stars for overall frontal crash protection and two stars for overall side crash protection.
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,953
    edited January 2012
    Your beef is really with Nissan corporate and not the local dealer really...all they can do is order a certain car but if corporate decides to no longer make that certain configuration, why is it your dealers fault? Maybe you should find another car that suits your needs better. We have a '09 SL hatch with the CVT in the stable and it's been a pretty good car overall though we've had a few problems fixed under warranty, cosmetic mainly. But we're more than happy with the car! :)

By the way, why are you now trying to trash a car that you were going to buy before you found out that configuration is no longer available? If you knew this information before and you still wanted to purchase it, why now are you trashing it? Or maybe I'm confused here?

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    If you recently considered a hybrid but decided on a fuel-efficient non-hybrid instead, please email pr@edmunds.com by Friday, February 3, 2011 to share your story.
    Please include your daytime contact information and a few words about the decision you made.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• kj_versa_buyerkj_versa_buyer Member Posts: 1
    my daughter had been looking for the 2012 versa s, 5 speed manual, it is not an easy car to come by, after a local dealer promised us the car and failed to deliver, we expanded our search, we talked to dpatrick after searching the internet, they were very helpful and told us to come on over and they would do everything they could to help us out, we drove 2 hours and 20 minutes in the rain and fog early sat morning to look at the only manual we could find anywhere and we were also looking at the versa s, automatic, we were welcomed warmly, and told the manual had sold the evening before, my daughter was already leaning to the automatic because of the availabilty of the manual, i am happy to say she drove her new versa s, automatic home today, the rain stopped just in time too, the sales staff we very helpful, listening to our offer, and considering what we had to say in the matter, after agreeing on the sales price, below dealer invoice, we started talking financing, they were able to beat our local bank by over 2 points and beat our previous approval thru nissan by 1/2 point, we were pleased, upon signing the paperwork we were offered the infamous extended warranty,(my husband never buys these) we were quick to refuse the extension, it was going to raise her payments 25+a month, just more than she was comfortable with, the finance guy asked us why we didnt want it, we explained that my husband it not a fan of extended warranties, and also it was just raising the payment too much, he asked us what the max she was comfortable paying without worrying, we told him, he then offered us a lower interest rate, using coupons and incentives he had available to help, he then told us for 15$ a month she would be covered by the extended warranty for 7 yrs or 75000, with a 0$ deductible!! still a few dollars under what we were looking for, and now we have the peace of mind that comes with the extended warranty, it covers towing, battery jump, even locking your keys in you car, all at 0$, i think the sales and staff at dpatrick did a great job of making us very happy customers, they treated us like people, and really seemed to listen, hear, and consider what we asked, then followed thru with a great deal, thanks to dpatrick, on behalf of my husband and daughter, it's great to know there are some good guys still out there, i will send anyone who is looking for a great deal to dpatrick, in evansville, in, where you feel like your friends are there to help!!!! :)
  • dhiren55dhiren55 Member Posts: 4
    Hello Guys, Last night I bought Nissan Versa SV - Sedan Automatich with splash gaurd and convenience package in Central NJ...MSRP was 16295.. I paid 15860 OTD...

Thanks
  • kversakversa Member Posts: 1
    Purchased HB Auto Plus Package -- $13800 + TTL. Wondering if that is a good deal. That is the lowest I got from any local dealer.
  • aldagaldag Member Posts: 81
    I purchased my new Nissan Versa with 5 speed manual this past Monday afternoon 9/24 from the dealer in Fairfield, Connecticut. I was lucky to find a 5 speed as there does not seem to be many around. The dealer was great and was able to complete the deal from start to finish and driving off the lot in just under 3 hours. Everything was very straight forward and clear and my old car was traded in. The new Versa is great to drive with the 5 speed, it has a lot of pick up, even with the AC on, and is easy to shift. I particularly like the seating position and adjustable seat. The car has a good feel on the highway. For a small car, the passenger room is quite spacious and the trunk is cavernous. The 15 inch tires are providing a smooth ride. Price with taxes, regie, prep, etc. $12,900.
  • drpauldrpaul Member Posts: 8
    Great deal at Jeff Wyler Nissan Eastgate: $15110 OTD ($13910 actual price...$17400 sticker) with Convenience Pkg, Splash Guards, Mats, & Paint & Fabric warranty. Difficult deal, but not their fault, I had a very tight budget. Very honorable people & no attempted tricks (which I would've caught anyway) during negotiation or in finance. If you're within 2 hrs of Cincinnati, it's worth the drive. HIGHLY recommend them. Ken Bush, Salesperson. Best, Paul Mansfield, Covington, KY
  • vinh0706vinh0706 Member Posts: 4
    Hi, I leave in Houston. Can I have the name of the dealer please. I'm looking for a Versa too, and I have a really tight budget. Thanks
  • vinh0706vinh0706 Member Posts: 4
    I just got a 2013 Versa S Plus w/ automatic transmission for $13,600 drive out. That's the best price I can get in Houston.
  • drpauldrpaul Member Posts: 8
    Congratulations! You got a very good deal--well done. My dealership is in the Cincinnati area. Peace, Paul
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A reporter would like to speak with a Baby Boomer who recently (within the last year) purchased a compact or subcompact car. If you can assist, please contact pr@edmunds.com with your preferred contact information by July 17, 2013
  • prijayprijay Member Posts: 26
    Hi wanted to know what your base price was before tax, title etc also what was the msrp on the car?
  • jmvitranojmvitrano Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    Hello everyone,

This is my first post here but have used this site's forums over the years for many questions I've had about other cars in the past.

So, I just purchased a used 2010 Versa hatchback (all power options, automatic) certified preowned from the dealer with 55,000 miles on it. It is still under the 5 year, 60k mile warranty and being certified preowned it also has the 7 year, 100k mile powertrain warranty as well. I also purchased the security plus gold preferred warranty which covers almost everything else (at least a lot of things) that could go wrong with the car for 7 years, 100k miles for $1700. I paid $8600 for the car itself (before taxes and warranty).

My question is two-fold: Did I get a good deal on the warranty (no, I didn't call around for other quotes) and do I really need the Gold Preferred warranty?

Any suggestions would be helpful! Thanks!

Jon