Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Versa Lease Questions

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
Considering leasing a Versa? Ask your questions here.

Comments

• mschmalmschmal Member Posts: 1,757
    If we had MORE than one Versa on our lot. I would probably have more to say about it. We only have an S stick in red which explains why it wasn't sold the day we got it.

I only got to RIDE in one with a CVT not drive it and it was a 30 second ride at that. :( All the CVT Versa we have incoming are sold through end of August!

They haven't even started advertising these cars yet.

Also my dealer is one of those annoying ones that treats customers fairly and doesn't charge over MSRP. :( Think of the crappy commissions I will make on a car with a $300 markup?

This move to cars from trucks and SUVs is killing me!

Think of the little guy when you car shop please. Give that gas guzzling SUV a second look. Please I'm beggin you.

Mark
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    No advertising? In my town I've seen large ads by three Nissan dealers on the Versa. One was offering a "great" lease deal: $245/month with about $2000 down. C'mon, I can get a really nice midsized sedan for that kind of money!

Also, according to Edmunds.com, the markup over invoice for a Versa S with power package and mats is about $600. Is their information wrong?
  • flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    Backy here in PHX,AZ there is no advertizing for the Versa and the ae selling very will..

Now regarding leases, my lease payment with only $1834 down (my trade in only) is $243/m + tax. What really nice medsize sedan can you get for that price, without some hugh rebate back from the Manufacture ?

Tony :shades:
    I don't give a hoot about what rebates may apply. My only concern is what the lease costs me. Some current examples of mid-sized car leases in this range or lower, advertised in my city, are Accord LX, Fusion, Milan, and Sonata.
    Backy, with your comment it shows you dont know much about leases...

Here in PHX, I can lease a BMW 325i for $199/m (this is a current ad), MUCH better then my current lease on my Versa, but when you read the fine print, you found out that you have to put down 7K and are limited to only 10K/yr.

Now Accords have a higher resale value, BUT, Honda has about a 110 day supply of them which is high for Honda, they have a speical leases for thier Accord LX-SE but you need to put down more money then I did on my Versa.

Now you don't give a hoot about rebates, I think you should, for a manufacture to move inventory and have to use rebates that should tell you something about that Product.

Look at the amount of money out of your pocket first before looking at the monthly payment...

For my car, I used my car and nothing else, ($1834 down, for a payment of $268/m that includes tax.)

Tony
  • tjw1308tjw1308 Member Posts: 296
    Hey Tony!

Another PHX salesperson here (Toyota though) :P

Isn't it funny how people just believe the ads? We (dealers) all sit around wondering why our GM's advertise crap that we KNOW we can't do without huge amounts down, and here we are... people actually believe it...

Anyways, what money factor is Nissan offering on the Versa? I'm trying to build a comparo for our Yaris customers. So far, the Fit seems like a better deal than either of our cars money wise (and I own a Yaris), but that would be on the assumption you could GET one for MSRP lol...

I purchased mine, but we are at standard rate (.0026) on the Yari for our leases.

What did you end up getting on your Versa?

T
    Hey T I'm not a salesman, but a very informed consumer...

THe money factor for my lease (which by the way I got back on 7-9) is .0012 and currently Nissan is offering the same thing today... They are basically giving them away at that price. Now I don't know how Toyota does it, but if you have a FICO score of 630+ you will qualify for the lease. Also Nissan does not change a different price on a 12 or 15K/yr mileage...

Now when I was looking at the FIT, he best price I could get it for was 16,300 and that was 200 less then my Versa and the FIT doesn't have 1/2 the equipment, and the lease payment would have been more then what I'm paying for... IF people really think they are getting a better deal by buying a Honda, I'll just let them think that...

Which Toyota dealer you work at?

Tony
  • tjw1308tjw1308 Member Posts: 296
    Bell :)

.0012 is phenomenal! For those less informed, multiply your lease factor by 2400 and you get the approximate interest rate for the term of the lease.

All things considered I would have gone for the Versa (between the Fit and Versa of course, I LOVE my Yaris haha).

Question though, with the decreased residual, how can they offer the same terms at 15k as 12k (and why would anyone take 12k if that were the case??? lol)? I've been doing this 7 years and have never heard that one haha...

T
    that is a good question, but then again, this is Nissan willing to take the hit on the Residual not a bank..

Tony
  • benduprebendupre Member Posts: 121
    They will make more selling the car the second time than they did when it was new.

Ben
    Wow, this discussion is deader than a doornail, isn't it? But in case anyone is still looking in, I was wondering if anyone has seen a good lease deal on a Versa.
  • iamaddman12iamaddman12 Member Posts: 1
    Looking for a lease price on a 2012 1.8s. I see the website advertises 189, looking realistically what it would be with basically nothing down. Trying to get cheap vehicle for daughter with las little down as possible. Looking for money factor and residuals.

Thanks in advance.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi iamaddman12. I am familiar with the deal that you mentioned. It is a 39-month lease of a 2012 Versa Hatchback S AT with 12,000 miles per year. Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp.'s September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39-month lease of this car with 12,000 miles per year are .00116 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • sshhllsshhll Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    The dealer is telling me that money factor on Nissan Versa Lease at 0.00172.
    It's 24 month terms.

Is that right? So far i'm seeing corolla or Hyundai sonada has been offering around 0.00063 or so. That is around 2%.
    I though leasing Nissan Versa cheaper car will help me save some money but doesn't look like it.

Any advice.

Thanks,
    Sam
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi Sam. The money factor that you were told about is a little high. NMAC's current buy rate money factor for a 24-month lease of a 2013 Versa Sedan is .00157 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • sshhllsshhll Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,
    Thanks for the info.
    That was i was telling the sales lady, her calculation is way off.
    I have tier 1 score. This is what i have quote on.
    Versa 2013 S Auto
    My price = $13600
    Residual = $10137.60
    Term = 24
    drive-off = $600
    monthly payment = $226.97
    Money factor (according to the sale) = 0.00172

I am assuming that my drive-off $600 will not reduce my cap cost. That will go into fee and registration. i do understand that but according to her quote the money factor @0.00269.
    She still say her quote and calculation is correct.
    I just don't know what to tell her, either i'm calculating is wrong or she just don't get it.
  • gail722gail722 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    I wanted somewhere where I could tell you the deal I got and whether or not it was a good one. How I hate to haggle, but sometimes it's necessary. Anyway, my deal was:
    2014 Versa S/S PLUS/SV/SL
    Value of Vehicle...as stated on lease....$16,234.60
    down payment - $1,450 (which included final p'mnt on my 2010 Maxima lease)
    monthly pmnt for 36 mos. = $227

Good deal??? BTW, Tier I credit score
  • sos123sos123 Member Posts: 1
    Here's my current offer:

2014 Versa Note SV
    Price: 16745
    Residual: 12598
    Money factor: .00003

24 Month lease/ 24k miles with $0 down for payment of $218.37 including all fees/taxes.

Thoughts?