Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Fusion/Mercury Milan: Tell Ford What You Want!

124»

Comments

• mschmalmschmal Member Posts: 1,757
    Now that I have one at my dealership, It is clear that this car is a wagon as compared to the Edge. I don't think Ford is going to fool anyway.

Mark.
  • britcrlvrbritcrlvr Member Posts: 83
    I am begging you get rid of the fake wood it looks atrocious outdated, from my grandmother's house when wood panneling was "in".

2) Less hard plastics

3) rear air ducts

4) considering that mercury doesn't sell anything could you kill it off and not sell potentially profitable brand like Jaguar.
  • mschmalmschmal Member Posts: 1,757
    Jag could only be profitable if they moved production OUT of the UK...but what would be the point?

Mark.
  • lostwrenchlostwrench Member Posts: 288
    Check out the new Ford Flex.
  • elkeinelkein Member Posts: 19
    In a word, I want sync.
    I bought a 2007 Fusion SEL used, with the hope that a retro-fit kit will someday be available. Ford has produced a total of 1 retro-fit kit for Navigator owners, that was in May. Generation X Time is ticking...

BTW there are rear air ducts under the front seats in my fusion, not saying yours has them. They are small and inconspicuous, but better than none.

Edit added:
    I could always use more efficient power, cylinder management, direct injection? HID headlights option? Manumatic controls, I am unnerved by using the "L" shifter position on the highway not being sure what gear the computer will go for.

Rare options I love: In a word my AWD, six speed tranny, value.
  • akirbyakirby Member Posts: 8,062
    Why would you use L on the highway? Just curious.
  • milkman1milkman1 Member Posts: 80
    You can down shift with a manual mode to you slow down without a break tap. So the cops don't nab you for speeding. I have avoided the sting at least half a dozn times in my 6.
    without a break tap.

How did you break your tap and what did you do to fix it?
  • milkman1milkman1 Member Posts: 80
    Haha
  • samnoesamnoe Member Posts: 731
    So, after all your messages, let's see what Ford is bringing to the table in a few months... the 2010 MY should arrive by Feb. 2009. I wonder why there is no discussion board about this upcoming upgrade... New engines, better NVH, better interior... let's wait and see.
    It will be revealed at the LA auto show Nov. 19th or 20th.
  • rsmnrsmn Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    Ford needs to make the Windshield Washer Reservoir Cap available by itself and not require buying whole assembly. It makes little sense having to buy a $50+ Windshield Washer Reservoir assembly just to get a $3 replacement cap. You'd think that a company who wants to look like they practice environmental sustainability would have caught this. They do offer Washer Reservoir Caps separately for their other vehicles, just not the Fusion. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

If Ford is watching this, please post a part number for ordering just the cap. The dealer we bought our car from doesn't have it. This applies to 2006-2012 Ford Fusions (we have a 2012). It is available separately on the 2013's.
    Seriously? I don't think you even need a cap.
  • rsmnrsmn Member Posts: 2
    We need one. Try to order just the cap and report back.
    Oh I believe you can't order one by itself. How did you lose the original one?
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,306
    edited April 2013
    Just do a general internet search. You might be able to find one. !!! ;)
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert