Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

New M35/M45 Owners - Give Us Your Report!

Comments

• james27james27 Member Posts: 433
    Always use a torque wrench on tire mounting. It should be calibrated, too, but that isn't as critical as is getting them evenly installed. Why yours were warped when it is likely the only time they were mounted was at the factory, is another question.
  • buddybradbuddybrad Member Posts: 36
    Yesterday I test drove a BMW 335i, Infiniti M35x and G35x. The Bimmer was a rocket and handled great. The M35x was a very nice car, but was surprised at the amount of noise from the engine when accelerating. The salesman said this is intentional as Infiniti wants to make it a "performance" experience like BMW as opposed to Lexus. I also thought the M's ride was bumpy and that's coming from someone who has driven a 540i Sport for 4 years. I wondered if the tires were over inflated? The G was a really nice car and very quick with good handling. For the money, it's an excellent buy.

So here's the dilemma, I like the 335i for everything but size. I like the G except for size. The M is the right size and priced well compared to a 535i (too damn much). Either I keep what I have or go drive the M again and give it another chance.
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,499
    I also thought the M's ride was bumpy and that's coming from someone who has driven a 540i Sport for 4 years. I wondered if the tires were over inflated?

Exactly.

This is a common issue, since many new cars appear to be shipped with tires at the absolute maximum pressure, to help prevent flat-spotting. Having read a number of similar posts over the past seven years, I'd recommend carrying a tire pressure gauge & making appropriate adjustments for the test drive, especially for in cars of this calibre. The salesperson may appreciate that you're a serious car person (but not likely).

You've a pleasant decision to make. I hope you'll enjoy the process.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Member Posts: 1,926
    They probably weren't warped. I bet they were glazed over. Glazed brakes exhibit the same symptoms as warped rotors with one important exception. Warped rotors will also generate a pulse in the brake pedal, whereas glazed brakes/rotors will not. Clarence10, did you have a pulsing brake pedal?
  • clarence10clarence10 Member Posts: 57
    unfortunately, I do not remember, as I had only had the car for a week.
  • clarence10clarence10 Member Posts: 57
    Excuse my ignorance, but what is Flat-Spotting?

My tires on my new M35X show as 34PSI for all tires. Is that the high end of what is acceptable? I find the ride bumpy and loud as well.
    In order for tires to be able to support a vehicle, they have to first have the right load rating, then they have to have (at least) the designated tire pressure. Within an acceptable range, changing the tire pressure can change the handling and ride. Look on the sidewall of the tires, it will list the maximum allowable cold inflation temperature (I think it is around 40).

I had Dynamat installed on the doors and floor of my M35x and it made a significant difference in the noise level. Much nicer on a long trip.
  • stickyfeetstickyfeet Member Posts: 11
    we experienced a similar dilemma. thought the m35x was the car we would purchase but changed our minds and ran with a 525xi instead. we recognized most of the problems others discussed on this site. we are glad we chose the bmw. maybe we will revisit the m in a few years.
    Excuse my ignorance, but what is Flat-Spotting?

It's exactly what it sounds like. With some brands/types of tires, if the car sits for an extended time (usually a few days or more) the tires will "settle" and have a flat spot on the tread from sitting in the same spot for so long. It's nothing serious and the tires will regain their roundness after just a couple of miles of driving.

It's basically like when you lay your head on your arm or a pillow for a while and when you get up you have those lines and creases in your face. That's the exact same thing as flatspotting.
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,499
    Tayl0rd's explained it, so I won't repeat.

Let us know what you find out if/when you do another test drive, after checking the tire pressures.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • vanhalenabevanhalenabe Member Posts: 20
    Hi everyone,

I am currently in the market for a 2006 M35/45. I only like the Wheat Interior with Rosewood Trim, which rules out the Sport Package. I am looking for the Technology Package, however.

So, I'm comparing a regular M35 vs. an M45. The cars look identical on the interior & exterior. The only difference I'm aware of is what's under the hood.

The price difference on the used market is between $5K and $8K, depending on exact options, mileage, etc.

Question -- Is an M45 worth the difference? That is a lot of money for just an engine upgrade. But I've also heard the Infiniti V-8 is much smoother and quieter than the V-6. EPA gas mileage is only 1-2 mpg worse. Some people have said an M35 is essentially nicer and larger G35. But the M45 has an unique engine not shared with the G, and that alone is worth the price of admission.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. If there are other differences (good & bad) I haven't thought about, please let me know.

Thanks!
  • bw45sportbw45sport Member Posts: 151
    Any thoughts (M35 v. M45) would be greatly appreciated. If there are other differences (good & bad) I haven't thought about, please let me know.

I own the 45 sport and have only test driven the 35. The primary difference that I notice is that the 35 has the same exhaust chip set as the G35. This creates a fairly pronounced exhaust note that some people don't care for. It really is a nice sound but at the high revs required on the highway can be a little noisy for some. It tends to be pretty constant as well so if you want extreme quiet the 45 may be the better choice.

As you also mentioned, depending on how the car is driven, you may get nearly the same mpg in the 45 that you would in the 35. The numbers I've gotten to date are very similar to what I've seen posted here by owners of the 35.

Performancewise, the 45 is quicker and can pin you in your seat but both cars are plenty quick enough for most people.

Function and handling seem the same so I believe it really comes down to whether you prefer a little extra punch and a quieter ride or whether you'd prefer to save some money.

I've often wondered how much better the M35 non-sport version would sell if they would tone down the exhaust note a little. The most common complaint, especially from those who have switched to the M35 from other luxury vehicles, is the noise.
  • rxkerxke Member Posts: 168
    HI

I have the V6 and it is fast and handles well. I do not know if the heavier V8 will adversely affect handling. I personally did not get the V8 because I felt it was not worth the extra $. However, you cannot go wrong with either engine.
  • buddybradbuddybrad Member Posts: 36
    Last week when I test drove a M35x the first thing I said to the salesman was, "Why is there so much engine noise when I accelerate?" He said Infiniti is trying to make it a performace type car (BMW) vs a luxury car (Lexus). It didn't have a performance sound to me - just noise. The sound went away when the car leveled out. I didn't take it on the freeway. Maybe I should try the 45, but here in Chicago the x was appealing.
  • scmetalscmetal Member Posts: 7
    I have had the M35x for about 9 months. I do find the acceleration noise to be annoying, and frankly totally unnecessary. If I were 18 years old I guess the growl would be more appealing. That said, on highway driving it seems to be less pronounced.

As far as the all wheel drive goes, I would say I am a little disappointed. I live in Chicago and we've had a good amount of snow this year. My previous car was a VW Passat W8 with AWD and it handled much better in the snow. Perhaps it is because the M is a RWD car at its core versus the VW was FWD. OR perhaps it is simply the result of it being the first year Infiniti has AWD in such a large car. Just not sure. I am very curious on how the Audi A6 AWD performs. I suspect it is much better.

Overall, I am happy with my purchase but my impressions are that the BMW is a clearly a better performance car and the A6 a little more luxury and a better winter car. I do feel that the reliability of the Infiniti will be better than those two and for the money a solid choice.
    Tires can make a huge difference, so take that into account. We've not had that much snow here,so I can't compare, but my last car was an A6 quatro. The Audi was and probably is more capable in the snow, but the Infiniti isn't bad.
  • tmiele104tmiele104 Member Posts: 1
    While on the surface, the 2007 Infiniti M35X seems to outshine the German and other Japanese competition. Add to the pot the great reviews from both car and consumer magazines and you think you just bought a winner. I thought I did!

My experience with this car is that the Japanese car manufacturers just don’t test their cars in cold weather. Once winter arrived here in the Midwest the M35X developed dashboard rattles and squeaks from all areas of the dashboard – around the navigation screen, behind the instrument cluster and by the glove compartment. Two trips to the dealer have done nothing to remedy the problem. I said Japanese problem, because I had a 2004 Lexus RX330 that had the same problem. It took going to a 2nd dealer and three long (multi-day) visits, but they finally got the rattles and squeaks out of the dashboard. And Lexus knew there was a problem and put out a service bulletin on fixing the problem, not denying there is a problem like Infiniti is doing. I also have a 2006 Acura MDX that has the dashboard rattles and squeaks. I’m sorry to say it, but the M is the worst of the bunch.

If you live in the southern part of the country, then the Infiniti M will be a good choice. Other than poor gas mileage, the car is a pleasure to drive. If you live in an area of the country that has cold weather, you will definitely be sorry you bought an Infiniti M. Just do a google search on Infiniti dashboard rattles and squeaks and see how widespread the problem is.

In my two short months of ownership, I’m also getting the feeling that I’m not going to get the Lexus level of service and support. The dealer’s (Field’s Infiniti of Glencoe, IL) lack of concern and poor response from Infiniti has me thinking I make a huge $50K mistake buying this car.
  • blov8rblov8r Member Posts: 567
    Some people have said an M35 is essentially nicer and larger G35. But the M45 has an unique engine not shared with the G, and that alone is worth the price of admission.

You asked and then answered your own question about the V6 v. the V8 ... so much for that.

Insofar as the M is a "nicer and larger G35", that's silly. Different platform, heavier, queieter, etc. Putting that aside for a moment, when my lease is up on my M35 I may well go to a G because I drive almost exclusively locally ~ 6,500 miles per year and that doesn't justify the extra cost for the M over the G. But I'll stick w/ Infiniti and will be plenty satisfied w/ the G. Bart :shades:
  • spark763spark763 Member Posts: 13
    2007 M35X

I live in Massachusetts, I have had no problems with and rattles or squeaks. The only problem I have had is shifting from 2nd to 3rd when is is cold, the transmission slams into 3rd. This only occurs when the transmission is cold, first few miles of travel. Other than that issues I love the car. The M is far superior than the G, I had a 2004 G35X.
  • jjsheinjjshein Member Posts: 10
    This may be my personal preference, but my '06 M45 Sport (RWD)w/snows handled much better than my Audi A6 on all-season tires.
    dedicated snows, at least the better ones, are vastly superiour to the typical all-seasons tire. I've always preferred swapping wheels/tires and benefiting from higher performance offered by tires designed for the season.
  • blueyfishblueyfish Member Posts: 36
    I previously had a 2003 M45 and now have a 2006 M35X. I absolutely love the M35. Had no problems with the 03 but, this is a truly wonderful car. When the lease matures next summer, I will probably get another one.
  • jackie12jackie12 Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a 2007 M35 in December. Having driven it now for 2-1/2 months, I feel I know it well enough to comment on it. I have read the shortcomings of the '06 model and thought that all or some of them would have been fixed for the model year '07. Not so. In all, I am pleased with the car and feel it is worth the money, but here is a list of what I feel could be improved. 1.) The nav system has '05 maps, 2.) the cabin is a noisy due to road noise, 3.) the driver's side door seal (on the body) has torn, 4.)the trunk is hard to close, you have to slam it, 5.) the fuel filler opening causes the auto-shut off on the pump nozzle to shut off prematurely, once I was splashed with fuel. as I said, Overall I am pleased with the car. It provides a wonderful level of luxury.
  • linda9286linda9286 Member Posts: 5
    I have had an Infiniti 2006 M45(sports package)for several months. I have taken it repeatedly to the dealership here in Jackson, Ms. and the major issues with the car have not been addressed. The car's navigation system, I am told, does not recognize female voices and the blue tooth has an an issue with feedback and has to be disconnected immediately upon answering the phone. There is LOTS of wind noise when driving. I am told this is RUSH noise and it is what it is. The under carriage of the car sounds like metal on metal(heads turn if the road is a bit bumpy). I am told this is the suspension of the M45 and that is the way it is suppose to be also. I have called Infiniti consumer affairs and was told that the dealership says that the car is performing normally and therefore I have no problems. I have never driven a car that was so noisy and inferior in my 39 years of adulthood and I can not believe the ATTITUDES of the representatives of Infiniti.
    I have a M45 2006 and am very displeased with it. There are very few of these where I live and wished there had been someone to advise me before my purchase.
    I have a M45 2006 and live in the South, Jackson, Ms. area to be exact. The Infiniti dealership here is pathetic. All I hear concerning my issues with this car are excuses. I have never had this problem with any other vehicle and service. If there was another dealership around I would go there. I would sell the car but who would buy this high ticketed inferior product. I was elated(sorry) to hear someone else was also having a problem with their Infiniti.
  • knowspinzoneknowspinzone Member Posts: 91
    Linda, you need to escalate your issues well beyond the dealership. Send a letter or email to Infiniti USA and explain your problems succinctly and unemotionally (that is not a sexist statement, we all tend to get emotional dealing with such issues). Give them your phone number and ask to be called to discuss this further. Trust me, you will get a response from someone who can expedite a remedy for your problems.
  • kelper2kelper2 Member Posts: 5
    Linda, I wish you luck. I'm in Canada and have owned Infiniti's for over 17 years. My M35x problem has frustrated me so much with the Company and it's lack of care for it's owners over fundamental safety issues I've vowed to never buy another one of their cars again. My experience (many telephone calls, etc.) is that they simply are not responsive to the concerns of their customers - period.
    This past week a rep from Infiniti was in Jackson, Ms. and looked at my car. The problem with the blue tooth was validated (they are working on the issue?) and the other problems were said to be characteristic of the vehicle. To have a car that literally sounds like the underneath is falling apart and the doors not shut is extremely disturbing and obviously Infiniti chooses not to address. Believe me I have not given up and have contacted the attorney general's office here. Do you know the email address or address for Infiniti? Thanks for your comment.
    I am afraid you are correct. I have never owned an Infiniti and can promise you I never will purchase one again. NEVER have I dealt with a dealership or company that refuses to place customer satisfaction first. I drove Lexus prior to this purchase and thought they were comparable. Boy was I mistaken.
    Thanks for taking the time to share your experience.
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    jackie12...I can comment on most of your problems.

I had a problem with my M35 trunk not closing, likely the same one you have. I just could not close it without slamming it down multiple times. After trying to adjust it using the knobs on either side of the trunk lid, the dealer agreed to replace the locking mechanism. Now my trunk works perfectly. Push your dealer to change the locking mechanism.

Most all Nav systems have old maps and it's rarely worth buying the updates. I'm in real estate and my 06 M35 maps don't show roads built in 2001.

Finally, the fueling problem. I too have the fuel pump cut off before the tank is filled. Inevitably, I am pumping at a station that has the pumps set to pump fast. Now the car should handle it...but for some reason it doesn't. Some have suggested that there is a flap at the bottom of the filler pipe that closes too easily. The solution is to pump the gas a little slower...annoying, but it works.

linda9286: The Infiniti Bluetooth does have some adjustments (in the service menus)....first, the dealer can adjust/test the microphone sensitivity...and second, there are high/medium/low settings. The fundamental cause of feedback is either volume being too high or microphone sensitivity being too high. You may have the playback volume set too high and you can adjust that yourself....establish a call and quickly turn the volume down using the radio volume knob (note: the radio knob will change the playback volume of bluetooth, but only when you have established a call. If you turn the volume all the way down and you still have feedback....there is a problem on your car that infiniti must fix. If you want to fix it yourself, you probably can solve the problem by changing the bluetooth phone (different brand/model). Tell us which phone you are using....some work better than others.
  • dano4dano4 Member Posts: 35
    My previous car was a 2005 Acura RL. I am very pleased with my 2007 Infiniti M35x and won't focus on all of the favorable things as they are too numerous to list. I have had no warranty repairs or maintenance issues in the first 6 months/6500 miles. Here are my suggestions for improvement:

1) Better gas mileage. I average 22mpg at 75-80 mph. The mileage is about 6 mpg lower than my Acura and is largely due to the very close gearing and low 5th speed. When I first got the car, I honestly thought it was stuck in 4th gear! At 80mph, revs are well over 3000. The M definitely needs a 6-7 speed or a CVT.

2) Less engine noise on highway-a byproduct of low 5th gear. I've largely gotten used to it.

3) Improvements in NAV system. My Acura listed many more potential destinations at one time (restaurants, hotels, etc,) and provided addresses and phone numbers for each. The Honda NAV system is superior except for a multitude of highly annoying "lawyer warnings".
    I'm sure #3 can be adjusted in the Nav display setup to show more "potential destinations," BKA "points of interest."
  • veritas7veritas7 Member Posts: 18
    "I have a M45 2006 and live in the South, Jackson, Ms. area to be exact. The Infiniti dealership here is pathetic."

Linda, I am so glad I found your message. I would like to talk to you, if possible. I live in Jackson as well. I was about to purchase the M35 about a week ago but something just told me to hold off. I took it home for a day and a half and noticed that 1. the gas mileage was not good 2. the voice recognition was horrible (I had to say dial and the number 7 or 8 times before it stopped adding extra digits or got them correct at all and 3. I noticed a vibration at 80mph. The dealer "explained" all of these away but I still didn't feel right. I'd like to hear more about your experience because to be honest I haven't found anything else I like as much. Not sure what to do! Thanks.
    HI

I leased my m35XI when the car first came out in March 2005. The car handles well and is very fast but the gas mileage is 18 around town and no more than 24 on a long highway trip of at least an hour or two. A shorter highway trip the car might do 22. I have not had any problems with the car just normal maintenance. The one thing I do not like about the car is the headlights. They do not project out as far as I would like. Consumers Reports said the same thing about the car. Unfortunately Inifiniti and my local mechanic both indicated that the lights cannot be adjusted even though some owners on this site said they could be adjusted.
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    I get 18.5 mpg on regular on my M35 and all I do is drive around town (real estate agent). The headlights are absolutely adjustable....Infiniti tells dealers they aren't for some unknown reason and your local mechanic is just not up to speed on infiniti's. Take the instructions from this forum to your local mechanic and have him adjust them.
    Re: Headlights. It evidently depends on how your M is set up - if you have auto-leveling headlights they are not adjustable by the methods noted earlier in this forum. If you have non-auto-leveling lights they can be adjusted. Evidently Infiniti shipped both versions into the US but only the auto-leveling into Canada. According to Infiniti technicians the auto-leveling feature simply keeps compensating for any adjustments you try to make. Personally I think the car is unsafe at night when you use low beams and Infiniti has built an unsafe car. California based Infiniti designers who designed the car indicate that the car was subsequently engineered in Japan - I think this is the reason why the car is so poorly set up for rain, cold weather and highway driving at night -- too bad because it has so many great features. Infiniti has shown no concern about the headlight problem and, in fact published an interesting article in their magazine to dealers which advises their dealers to tell customers unhappy with the low beam lights that the sharp cutoff results from the xenon headlights which have been used for years in Europe - they just take some time for customers to get used to them. What they fail to mention is Infiiniti specs these headlights for the cutoff at around 30 meters while in Europe xenon headlights are spec'd for a minimum of 60 meters. If my headlights could be adjusted to cut off at 60 meters I'd be a happy driver. Evidently the US laws now allow for xenon headlights to be adjusted visually, acknowledging that the simple measurement of height at x distance doesn't work for xenon headlights.
  • md1bmdmd1bmd Member Posts: 1
    At age 40 I hate making assumptions, but I still do from time to time. I am assuming that there are very few people out there that drop $45-55k on a vehicle with out doing at least a little homework.

I have had my '07 M35x for 2 months/2,500mi. There has not been one issue that has come up that had not been addressed either here or else where. All of this was available to me prior to leasing. The "noise", yep, I hear it, not a distraction. The lights, you want poor low beam bixenon visibility, drive my s2000 or my previous vehicle an '04 Volvo s60r. The gas mileage, everywhere I read was 18-24, thats what I get. Bluetooth issues, not an issue for my phone, a motorola slvr, but occas an issue for my wife and her razor...
    I know that sites like this are here for info, but also for us to vent from time to time.
    The most constructive criticism I have seen is that about which dealerships to avoid. Thankfully my dealer hasn't had to step up to the plate on any issues yet.

I guess all that I am saying is just like everything else in life, Let the buyer beware, read the small print, make the best decision you can based on the info provided to you, and there is always "next time".
    Thanks for the info. I will give it to my mechanic and see if he can do it. If not I will take it to Inifinti. Thanks again.
    FYI - check behind the adjustment screw assembly and look for a black cable leading into the adjustment assembly. I've been advised this cable is from the auto-leveling sensors and if you find it adjustments to the headlights will not work. I'd be very interested in finding out from any readers if they have this cable and have been able to successfully adjust the headlight beam beyond 30-35 meters.
  • shepsan1shepsan1 Member Posts: 4
    I am sorry for those who have had problems with their M. In the fourteen months I have owned my 2006 M45, I have not experienced anything but pure pleasure with it. It has exceeded my every expectation.

I did a detailed research before buying my M. Since I thought that whatever I purchased would be the final car that I would own, I wanted to make sure that I got exactly what I wanted.

My look at various luxury sedans took two weeks because I wanted to not only read about each model, but to personally inspect and drive each one. Fortunately, there are dealerships for Acura, Audi, BMW, Infiniti, Jaguar, Lexus and Mercedes within thirty-six miles of my home.

Although I found things to like in each model, something or another became a disappointment. What I did find is that when one buys a new car, the inspection should NEVER be on the showroom floor. All of the cars looked beautiful to me on a showroom floor. It was only when I saw the car in sunlight, sat in it and then drove it, did I get a more accurate impression of the car.

The M45 was the car I chose because it best met my likes and dislikes in terms of beauty, style, comfort, performance and handling. Configured with the technical features I wanted, the cost of the M45 best met my pocket book.

I have driven this car in hot, cold, good and bad weather. It has traveled over good highways and bad roads. Regardless of weather or road condition, I have always felt in command of my car and that it could avoid any hazzard I encountered.

I am truly sorry that some who have posted have not had the good fortune with their M's and I have had with mine. I really do think that it will be my final car because it has everything I have always wanted in a car.
  • knowspinzoneknowspinzone Member Posts: 91
    Nice report Shep!
  • kivikivi Member Posts: 12
    My wife is generally very happy with the car, and feels that she chose correctly among the cars considered (A6, bmw 5 series X, and the Lexus).
    We have experienced a couple of problems though. The DVD player will not display properly on the front screen. This means we cannot play any music DVD's, because even while the car is in park (or stopped) the screen shows a message that says functionality will return once the car is stopped.
    Secondly, the bluetooth connection to our phones worked exactly once....on our way home from the dealership. It has never worked again since, so rather annoying.
  • misterjimmisterjim Member Posts: 9
    I've got one of those EZ-up fold up canopies which I have to haul around with me. Since the car doesn't come with fold down rear seats, does anyone know whether I can fit this in the trunk? I can't find the trunk dimensions anywhere. My canopy is about 12 in x 9 in x 48 in when folded up - a bit bigger and longer than my golf bag.

This may be a deal-breaker for me...let me know if anyone's had luck with this. Thx
  • billgould1billgould1 Member Posts: 6
    Those darn smart keys are expensive. I think Infiniti are the smart ones. Best I could do versus $340 charge was to buy the key on e-bay for $75 plus $65 to program at my dealer - $200 less but still a lot of money. I never understood what's the matter with a regular key anyway. This seems more about their revenue than my security.
    BG
  • riker2riker2 Member Posts: 36
    Bought a new M45X several weeks ago and love it. The only problem - and as I said it is small - is the wipers. When they sweep to the left, toward the driver, they produce a loud "thunk" noise as they finish the left sweep.

My last car's wipers were silent in operation, and made no noise during operation. Is this normal, or can the speed-intensity of the wipers be adjusted so it doesn't sound like the wipers are about to fly off the car.

At first I thought the left wiper was hitting the window trim, it's that noisy. I cheked it in park, and the wiper does stop short of the trim, but really does make quite a noise.

The other noise related issue I noticed was the tinny sound from the roof when it rains. It sounds like no insulation was installed between the headliner and the roof of the car. It reminds me of sitting on a porch with a metal roof during a rainstorm. Again, this was not apparent on my previous car.

Normal? It's not a biggie, and I can get used to it, but when I'm listening to music with the wipers on, I hate the percussion from the wipers coming in off the beat of the music!
  • chemichaelchemichael Member Posts: 2
    I purchased a 2008 M35 on May 20, 2008. The exterior is platinum graphite and the interior is wheat. I opted for the base technoloy package (inboard nav, rear camera, music box, etc.). I purchased it in metro atlanta for about 1500 below invoice.

My initial impressions are as follows:

I really like the interior. Everythin is easy to use and intuitive. Controls are easy to reach. I have used the voice recognition feature, the touch screen, and the controller all with equal ease and success. The seats are very comfortable. The backseat has a tremendous about of space (I have a car seat in their and my 3 year old gets in and out without a problem). Dual temperature controls is a nice feature for me and my wife as we have different temperature preferences.

I really enjoy driving this car. I have to agree with other reviewers that I am not a fan of the OE tires. That being said, I have had no issues with steering or control, i Just don't care for the way the tires ride. I'll likely keep them till they need to be replaced.

I am using an iphone with my car and had no trouble syncing it. Calls have so far been very clear on both ends. No complaints here.

I agree with other reviewers that limited use of the nav system while driving (e.g., not being able to scroll to second page of restaurants) is annoying, but my understanding is this is not unique to infinit.

I had a very pleasant experience at the dealership. The night I picked it up, some serious storms rolled through, so the saleman made arrangements for me to come back the next evening to have the car detailed and he did a detailed tutorial of the technology and helped me set my ihpne up.

I really love this care and have no complaints. There are some small annoyances but they in no way affect my enthusiasm for the car. I don't regret my purchase for a second!
    HI All

I purchased the M35xi when the new model first came out. It handles well, is spacious and fast and the back up camera is great. However, in owning the car I have a few things that I do not like about the car: 1)parking brake light is small and not that noticeable so there have been times when I drove the car with it on until I noticed that the car was slugish. The parking brake is not very strong; 2) the regular lights at night do not project out very far and I have had to use the brights alot; 3) The best highway mileage I can do is 24 mpg. My previous car
    (E320 Mercedes AWD) got between 28 and 29. Given the the 2009 M35xi is not changing very much and the gas mileage is not great I will probably get a different car.
  • berkesndberkesnd Member Posts: 9
    Just came home recently from the dealer with a band new (104 miles) 2007 Crimson red M35 with both the tech package and advanced tech package. For some unknown reason (perhaps nobody likes red anymore) this car had been sitting on the lot for some time, The car is wonderful and fun to drive. I don't even mind the lane deviation system (when I can hear it). Only complaint so far is the adaptive front headlight system. The cutoff of the lights is rather low making it difficult to see some parts of a dark road ahead of you. I had a number of Infiniti cars in the nineties and left the brand for the last ten years in favor of the Nissan Maxima. We felt that the Q and the I series kind of lost their way. This car had re-established our faith in the Infiniti brand.
    The dealer (Niello Infiniti of Concord, CA.) was great: informative, helpful, friendly,and gave us a very fair deal.
This discussion has been closed.