Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Toyota Yaris - Audio, Stereo questions

2»

Comments

• Options
    lawdawg05lawdawg05 Member Posts: 1
    Im having the same problem and was wondering if youve find a way to resolve it.
  • Options
    frurkelfrurkel Member Posts: 2
    Since I hadn't heard from anyone, I thought it might just be me!!

I'm booked in to have it checked out on the 25th Feb. When I spoke to the guy on the phone he said he hasn't heard about this before, but that there are 2 connections for the stereo and both of these will need to be looked at. I'll let you know how I go!
  • Options
    cajuincajuin Member Posts: 2
    yea you probaly need a MP3 cd in the cd player that has folders, tha fuction will not work with a regular cd, nor if the mp3 cd has no folders in it
  • Options
    mrlobomrlobo Member Posts: 3
    No I have not be able to figure it out.
    I made folders named them and then tried another disc with folders and just numbering the folders like 1, 2 or 3 still nothing .
  • Options
    mrlobomrlobo Member Posts: 3
    yeah i did make a mp3 cd in fact sveral of them and still nothing wont play folders
  • Options
    sweetmonkeysweetmonkey Member Posts: 1
    :confuse: i just bought my yaris it is a week old and the first day that i had it i had the same problems that you all are describing, also, it wouldn't give me my cd back. After about 30 minutes of fiddling with it it finally came out. I took it right back to the dealership and they said that they have had a lot of people have the same problem his response is that toyota doesn't know how to make a stereo.... Yeah right. So they are getting me a new one at no cost, so i dont know if this helps at all but there was my dealerships response.
  • Options
    speedyptspeedypt Member Posts: 200
    Does anyone know if the MP3 Upgraded Yaris factory stereo (the one with the aux jack near the parking brake) has any type of output (RCA jacks) for a sub? Or do I have to go with speaker output adapter.

Regards,

Pete
  • Options
    freddie6freddie6 Member Posts: 1
    ei, did you get some tips on how to remove the stock speakers on your yaris. i got the same problem.

can you give me some advice if you were able to deal with this problem? thnx!
  • Options
    playboyplayboy Member Posts: 4
    How much did you pay inclusive of taxes ... etc and from which state?
  • Options
    ulthipsterulthipster Member Posts: 29
    Thank you - thank you - thank you!
    :)
  • Options
    al4490al4490 Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone help me? I have an 09 yaris and I'm trying to figure out how to remove the stereo without damaging anything? :shades:
  • Options
    t4ngentt4ngent Member Posts: 1
    I am about to get an iPod Classic 120Gb and will use it with a speaker dock on my cottage holidays and also in the car. Took me days of research and listening to decide to rip my CD's to 128 AAC (VBR) over Apple Lossless for use with the Pure Avanti Flow I intend to get but then I wandered whether these tracks would play in the Yaris (which is brand new).

I put some of the AAC files from my iTunes onto a cd and the car stereo could not play this and came up with a message telling me there was no music data.

Does this mean that if I rip all my music to AAC format and connect the iPod via the aux that it won't work? If I want it to work in the Yaris do I have to use an MP3 codec instead?

Would love some help with this as I have lots of CD's to load and can't do it until I know which codec is best.

Thanks in advance
    Lois Pallister
  • Options
    lhansonlhanson Member Posts: 268
    My 2007 Yaris will play WMA and MP3 CD's.
  • Options
    ae1957ae1957 Member Posts: 1
    Hi every one. I have just bought a 2008 Sedan. Great car, but not so proud of the audio system. I love the factory audio system in my 2001 Echo, though. Any way, for all your audio questions, do what I'm about to do, contact Crutchfield. They have been around since '74. They have the know how, kits, and all kinds of audio combinations to boot. No guess work, but straight answers at prices that are very reasonable. Their tech support is great also. No, I own no part of the company, but have had great experiences with them in previous dealings. Good luck. AE
  • Options
    frheadfrhead Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know where I can purchase just the CD Player part of the audio system in the 2008 Yaris? I can install it myself
    Does anyone know the serial number and make of this CD Player?
    Thank you
    Fred