Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Yaris - Audio, Stereo questions

13»

Comments

• al4490al4490 Posts: 1
    Can anyone help me? I have an 09 yaris and I'm trying to figure out how to remove the stereo without damaging anything? :shades:
  • t4ngentt4ngent Posts: 1
    I am about to get an iPod Classic 120Gb and will use it with a speaker dock on my cottage holidays and also in the car. Took me days of research and listening to decide to rip my CD's to 128 AAC (VBR) over Apple Lossless for use with the Pure Avanti Flow I intend to get but then I wandered whether these tracks would play in the Yaris (which is brand new).

I put some of the AAC files from my iTunes onto a cd and the car stereo could not play this and came up with a message telling me there was no music data.

Does this mean that if I rip all my music to AAC format and connect the iPod via the aux that it won't work? If I want it to work in the Yaris do I have to use an MP3 codec instead?

Would love some help with this as I have lots of CD's to load and can't do it until I know which codec is best.

Thanks in advance
    Lois Pallister
  • lhansonlhanson Posts: 268
    My 2007 Yaris will play WMA and MP3 CD's.
  • ae1957ae1957 Posts: 1
    Hi every one. I have just bought a 2008 Sedan. Great car, but not so proud of the audio system. I love the factory audio system in my 2001 Echo, though. Any way, for all your audio questions, do what I'm about to do, contact Crutchfield. They have been around since '74. They have the know how, kits, and all kinds of audio combinations to boot. No guess work, but straight answers at prices that are very reasonable. Their tech support is great also. No, I own no part of the company, but have had great experiences with them in previous dealings. Good luck. AE
  • frheadfrhead Posts: 1
    Does anyone know where I can purchase just the CD Player part of the audio system in the 2008 Yaris? I can install it myself
    Does anyone know the serial number and make of this CD Player?
    Thank you
    Fred
13»