Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

HHR Engine Problems

Comments

• jsburnjsburn Member Posts: 3
    I took my HHR in at 6000 miles for it's first official oil change. the guy at jiffy lube called me down to the bay to show me that my car was leaking oil, and that it looked like the rear main seal was leaking. Took it to the dealership, Foothill Ranch Chevy in California, and first they attempted to just replace the seals. they took it for a test drive, it blew out the seals instantly. they replaced the engine.

now, 400 miles later on the new engine, the transmission went out. can't go into gear. I love my car, but this is frustrating.
  • bowsers625bowsers625 Member Posts: 3
    Hi I'm new to this board and had have this car since April. Since we travel a lot, we put roughly 21,000 miles on it so far. It's a 2006 LT with the basic 2.4 engine. All was going well until we had wiring problems at about 3,000 miles. When I turned the wheel to make a turn, the "engine power reduced" message came on and the power reduced drastically. This happened twice until the mechanicals figured out it wasn't the fuel pump, rather bad wiring. That was fixed and everything was fine months later...until Friday. On that morning I took it to get breakfast and when I shut the car off, the fan kept running. (which was weird since it was only about 30 degrees outside and the car was barely run.) But I didn't think anything of it. Then we were driving it in a busy suburb and the engine light blinked and sounded the alarm...the car was overheating. The temperature shot up to 240...which is over 50 degrees above normal. We blasted the heat until we could stop somewhere safe to park it. My father-in-law noticed that the coolant was empty. We put water in the radiator and nothing leaked out. We made it back to our house with the temperature being normal. In the morning, we checked it and ALL the water was gone...disappeared! So now it's sitting in my in-law's driveway. We had to return to the state we live (300 miles away) and leave it behind. We're calling the local Chevy dealership in the hopes they can fix the problem and we can go pick it up this weekend. We don't think it's the radiator or the hoses, because they weren't leaking. Maybe the temperature gauge is broke and the coolant/water is boiling out.

But it's frustrating to me that we bought this brand-new car and had sooooo many problems with it. It does not qualify under the lemon law here in Maryland since it has over 15,000 miles now. But we don't feel safe driving it anymore. We SHOULD be able to take this NEW car traveling and still return with it!!!!

Anyone else experience problems like this?
  • tim51tim51 Member Posts: 1
    I've had problems with the brakes suspention and my wife has beemn left stranded twice because the car will not start. Now the radio doesn't work and the engine light is on. I guess it is back to the dealer again.
    It wasn't Chevy's fault this time around. It was a hole in the radiator. (probably caused by a rock, they said) So it wasn't Chevy's fault. I'm still upset with the popping radio and some other features that they can't seem to fix.
  • caliberchiccaliberchic Member Posts: 402
    Glad you got it fixed though. Teething issues are always a problem on first year models. I have the same thing with my Caliber.
  • freddiebfreddieb Member Posts: 2
    Seems like Chevy has a design flaw. My wife also got strande with the coolant gone from the radiator. Chevy says it must have been a rock in the radiator too. The radiator is down very low and there is nothing to protect it. Seems its similar to a rock in the windshield but in this case it strands the motorist.

I'll be writing them a letter. Insurance paid $407 of the $607 to fix it and now the radiator is not covered by the 36 month / 3 year warranty. We down to 12 months on this baby.
  • bobfl3bobfl3 Member Posts: 1
    I just had the same experience yesterday. I've already written to Chevrolet via the internet to say I think this is a design flaw and they should cover the repair. My car needs a new radiator and condenser according to the dealer - to the tune of $1300! My insurance company will cover it as long as I pay my deductible, but they told me it is considered a "collision" claim. This makes me mad! I did nothing but drive my car along the highway. The next thing I know the light comes on and there is no coolant in it. I didn't run into anyone or anything as far as I can tell. Most likely, like in your case, a rock of some other projectile came up from underneath and punctured the radiator and condenser.
  • hhrprobshhrprobs Member Posts: 13
    im having a problem with my 626 over heating.I ck the fans and there both running,i can go 6 miles and it gets hot.hat the problem. :mad:
  • melzymelzy Member Posts: 2
    Can anyone tell me how to get the Darth Vader helmut off my air filter cannister?
  • ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655
    From the manual:
    Disconnect the MAF sensor, PCV hose, and both ducts.
    Pull the entire system form the top of engine.
    flip the system over and place on soft non-abrasive surface.
    remove the screws the hold the housing together and lift off housing.
    inspect/replace filter
    follow instructions in reverse to re-install
  • hesjr1972hesjr1972 Member Posts: 5
    First off, I would like to apologize in advance for my grammatical and spelling errors in this message. I purchased my new 2007 Chevrolet HHR in February 2007. I have had nothing but problems since then. The major problem started in May 2007. I would start up the car and then "attempt" to drive out of a parking space going 10 miles per hour in which the whole car shuts down (engine, brakes, and lights) for the exception of the radio. This happened twice and I called Terry Labonte Chevrolet to let them know what is going with my vehicle. I took it in to Terry Labonte Chevrolet the following day the second week of June 2007 so they can diagnose the problem. They got back with me and said the computer says there was nothing wrong with the vehicle. With me being so trusting I thought it was a fluke and went on my daily routines. Big mistake! On Monday, June 18, 2007, I was in a Walmart parking lot getting ready to drive onto the busy intersection of West Wendover Avenue during lunch time. I was just going 10 miles per hour when the car complete shut off on me (engine, brakes) and it was still coasting directly into traffic. I panicked because it was so sudden and my instincts kicked in when I pulled up the emergency brake. I was that close to running into oncoming traffic. I immediately called Terry Labonte Chevrolet and let them know what had happened. I let Terry Labonte Chevrolet know that I was bringing my vehicle so they check it out the following day. Big mistake! I should have turned it in that same day. Since it was still my lunch break, I was hungry and I headed to the Subway in the same Walmart parking lot. I got my lunch and started up my car. And guess what, it happened again. My car completely shut down as I was driving 10 miles per hour through the parking lot. I called Terry Labonte Chevrolet again and let them know what just happened. Stupid me, I drove back to work instead of taking it directly to Terry Labonte Chevrolet. After work, I had to get something from a Walmart on Cone Blvd. You guessed it, as I was leaving the Walmart parking lot my vehicle completely shut down. This time, I almost hit a child. I could have hurt or even killed a child because I did not turn my vehicle in earlier. Again, I called Terry Labonte Chevrolet and let them know what just happened. On June 19, 2007, I turned my vehicle in so Terry Labonte Chevrolet could see what is going on with my vehicle. This time they were able to duplicate the problem I was having and gave me a rental to use in the mean time. I called General Motors Customer Service about my problems with the HHR in which I got the run around. They claimed there was nothing wrong with their vehicles. I reported them to the Better Business Bureau in which I final got a response from Pam Saunders (Phone Number# 866-790-5600), General Motors Business Resource Representative. Of course she says that General Motors stands behind their vehicles and have not had any problems with the 2007 Chevrolet HHR. The mechanics of Terry Labonte Chevrolet and the General Motors Engineers have no ideal what is going on with my vehicle. This is what they told me, but they still want to give me back that vehicle. This is the honest to GOD truth. I told Pam Saunders under no circumstances will I take back a vehicle that even the General Motors Engineers have no ideal what is wrong with the vehicle. I asked her to have General Motors to give me a brand new vehicle or a total refund. They are refusing due to my warranty. I do not want a vehicle that is having constant problems (there is only 5300 miles on it) that even the General Motors Engineers can't seem to solve. Terry Labonte Chevrolet still has the vehicle since Tuesday, June 19, 2007. Please folks, don't be a big dummy like me and wait till you almost hit an innocent child to get the vehicle back to the service station. I am determined that General Motors will not get away with trying to give me back that lemon. I will try to keep you up to date on my issues with General Motors. If any of you out there are experiencing what I am going through, please do let me know.
  • waldy526waldy526 Member Posts: 1
    :mad: We have owned our 2006 HHR LS 2.2L since 4-9-07 and we have had to take it in for service 2 times already. The display says engine power reduced, when we took it in the first time they replaced the engine control module and gas cap, the second time the chevy dealership replaced the gas pedal sensor. We are about to take it in for the third time. It has done the "engine power reduced" thing atleast 10 times total.
    I own a 2006 HHR,Its a pretty car,but thats all it is.I've owned the car since june of 2006.It passed it first inspection but i dont know how.lol,first off ive had to call road service to my home at least 7 times,because after playing the radio 30 mins.it would just die so the sevice man the last time found said this thing has know ground,but it did he found the problem was the chevy company had painted over the ground.but now u can be just playing the radio and after 10 mins it just shuts itself off,next problem i had was when i was driving it its starts acting like it dont want to run,so i take it to the shop,where they said it was a sensor,after that it did it again,so i take it bk to where i bought it and they call me saying that it had water in the gas and i was charged for the sevice,theres noway i put bad gas in my car because i've alays went to the same sevice station,that my kids even go to.They've had no problems.Then this new thing happen ,u drive it about 40 mph and put press on the the brakes it feels like its goin to fall apart from the shaking.so my husband takes it to the shop and drive it withe the service guy and he says theres nothing wrong with it.But the funny thing his there is something wrong with it but chvy dont care,its got 11000 on it now and im so upset with the car i wish i had never bought it.U crank it up it acts up u turn it off and it run backwards.and i never will no :mad: :lemon: if one day i hit the brakes and there want be any.Chevy has got a problem that for sure.I just wish i could give it bk to them.I've never in my life bought a car that was so much trouble.
  • poncho167poncho167 Member Posts: 1,178
    Have you tried a different dealer? Sometimes all it takes is another opinion.
  • adam_welcheladam_welchel Member Posts: 1
    Hang in there. I had similar problems, only mine never shut off. My gauges started going haywire and next my power steering went out and the last time my accelerater didn't work. I called GM and got the same runaround. GM told me that because the dealership could not reproduce the problem on the third trip back I was stuck with the car. Needless to say I was furious. My car did have an error code, but GM engineers did not know what it meant. Finally, exasperated I contaced the dealership to let them know I had filed a complaint with the AG office. They gave me two options, I could bring it back to the service department and have them look at it again or they would give me a trade. I took the latter of the two. The dealership seemed to care more about backing the vehicle and the Chevy name than the manufacturer did. Long story not so short, I would reccomend checking with the dealership to see what they can do (mine gave me the pay-off amount for my trade and started me back at 0 balance) you may be surprised. This, of course, is only an option if you want another HHR. I have only had my second one for a week now but I am past the first marker I had problems with my first one (first service call was at 260 miles, I am now at 350 on the new one. I know it's aggrivating but stop waiting your time with GM and go directly to dealership. They have a bigger interest in customer satisfaction than the "suits" at GM. I would also file a customer complaint with your states AG office wheather or not your state has a lemon law. If they do have a lemon law I would persue that option as well if you have not already. I hope I have been of some help to you. If you have any other questions or need further assistance please let me know. Good Luck!!
  • mimiellemimielle Member Posts: 1
    I've had the same thing happen to me. I bought my 2006 HHR in June 2006. In June 2007, it decided to do the same thing that you described. The car will run for one errand, and then when I go to start it again, it starts for a few seconds and then dies..engine turns off. It will start a few hours later again. The first time it happened, the dealership, City Chev Olds, just though it overheated. They replaced the fuel pump earlier this week and I picked it up last night. Well after one errand, it died again. It is now back at the dealership. I don't know if Canada has the same laws as in the states but I really don't want to deal with this car anymore. It now has 15000 km on it..about 9000 miles.
  • hesjr1972hesjr1972 Member Posts: 5
    :lemon: I do not know anything about Canada and if they have an organization like the Better Business Bureau in the U.S., but hopefully you have that option. I got an instant response from General Motors the next day after the Better Business Bureau contact them. General Motors is not offering to have Terry Labonte Chevrolet to purchase the vehicle and credit me for any Chevrolet vehicle I want to buy. The thing is, I no long want a General Motors Vehicle. General Motors claims that they have American made vehicles. It is more like South American made vehicles. I put the VIN number in Carfax.com and found out my vehicle was manufactured in Mexico. I am going to fight General Motors and see if I can get all my money back from them. Mimielle, I wish you all the luck in the world with fighting General Motors. :lemon:
  • paopao Member Posts: 1,867
    instead of fighting with GM go back to the BBB, they have rules for arbitration....which may help...also remember..

Remember, Subarus, Toyotas and Hondas are built in the US as is certain BMWs, so an import really isnt an import any more....and see where the final assembly point is for the HHR, parts may have been manufacturer out of country, but I bet you will find the final assembly point to be US....
    Most everyone knows that like the PT Cruiser, and many many other vehicles, its made in Mexico. It says so right on the vehicles Monroney window sticker.
    There is many Japanese cars manufactured in Mexico as well.
  • smogdungsmogdung Member Posts: 349
    Awhile back our transmission had to be replaced due to a leak...casing had a defect ....put about 1500 miles on loaner cars..(that was fun)...now the transmission interlock button on the shifter is stuck & key won't come out .....driving a Yukon (tank) loaner...(fun)....Yukon getting 14.4 mpg....first V8 I've driven since 78 Vette....
    still love driving HHR though...but enjoy loaners....anyone else had that interlock go bad...could have sworn I read same complaint from someone else...
    I think I have heard of the interlock going bad in a couple cases also.
  • smogdungsmogdung Member Posts: 349
    The Yukon loaner has that cylinder deactivation feature & the DIC will tell you when it's on V4 mode....net effect seems minimal though...overall first tank = < 15 mpg. For giant vehicle with 3rd row seating...small storage behind 3rd row...HHR has more stage space unless you remove 3rd row seats from Yukon. Now that I'm driving one I see them everywhere...staggering how many people still drive gas guzzlers.
  • crashotcrashot Member Posts: 1
    I bought this car new in March 2006 and it has been flawless until today. Also keep in mind I have kept up with regular maintenance at the GM dealership.

Car was fine all weekend with no indicators of any trouble. I drive to work this morning, nothing out of the ordinary. I leave the office this afternoon and get about 200 yards out of the parking lot when i hear this god awful screech come from under the hood (kind of like the loose or wet belt squeak sound, but very loud. The car would not accelerate at all, but then would seem to catch and sort of lurch forward a bit. I coasted to a stop, started the car and continues about another 500 yards when the screech came back, this time worse than before, however, the power remained on and nothing went haywire, i just died and I coasted to a stop. After this it would not turn over at all. I could hear the starter engage but it would fire, just "wha wha wha wha" after a few attempts it started to display the symptoms of a dead battery, so I turned of the power and called roadside assistance. Car was towed to the dealer where I await to find out whats up.
    Just a wild guess, but perhaps the A/C compressor locked up, causeing engine stall. I have heard of this happening before and I think it may have something to do with A/C system being over charged. Mine was over charged and I noticed some performance problems (engine lag when compressor engaged) before I had it fixed.
  • josanjosan Member Posts: 2
    i took delivery on my hhr last week (brand new) and its already in the shop.i brought my grandaughter to her friends house, i turned off the truck to speak to her friends mom, who i never met before, i returned to the truck turned the key and all i got was the engine spinning not starting.i was embarrased here i am with a brand new car and it wont start.this happened on a friday. the truck was put on a flat bed and brought to the dealer.the service manager told me that i was lucky because he had 1 loaner vehicle left.imagine that i just paid $20,000 for a vehicle that broke down and i was lucky to get a raggedy malibu. i usually don't buy chevys but i just loved the way this truck looks.i really hope that the problem can be fixed only one time because i really like this truck all around.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    I think your alternator seized.
  • brkdrvrbrkdrvr Member Posts: 4
    Hello,
    I am the owner of a '07 HHR w/5,000m. My wife and I purchased new off Chevy lot w/15m. We both independently noticed a faint scuffing coming from the left side of front end within the 1st 200m. We notified dealer & dropped off to have mud flaps inst. & noise checked. Dealer could not hear/feel noise (they drove car +50m) they said they thought they rain could have masked noise. We took car back and noticed noise right away. The scuffing/pulsing seems to emanate from the front drivers side and is most noticeable around 35MPH. The problem could be brake related ie. rotor warp but, it does not seem to be effected by application of brake(it does not get worse or pull to side). The noise sounds much more like a bad wheel bearing to me. The car tracks straight on hwy and does not pull w/braking. We took car back @ 3000m for oil change (Synthetic) and complained about noise again. The service people drove car and checked the brakes, wheels & tires. Problem seemed a little better & MPG improved slightly to 28mpg hwy. The mpg is the second issue and may be related. The engine is 2.3L w/auto trans, we use regular 87 octane (gas here is E10). The car has never broken 29mpg and averages 23/24. I have filled the car reset the DIC pulled directly on the hwy & driven trips anywhere from 50 to 100 miles @ 60 & 65 MPH with & w/o cruise control and never break 26.5 mph. We have two Volvo 240's an '87 & '93 both w/ 2.3L 4 cyl Auto trans & over 175,000m, both get 26 or better average MPG & as high as 33mpg Hwy. Anybody with similar experience or constructive suggestions?
    For the scuffing noise, I wonder if maybe a brake pad is rubbing/sticking or something. I usually find gas mileage slowly improves up to 10k or so miles. Other things that may affect it somewhat (besides E-10) are real cold weather and use of defrost or recirc (or even running with A/C on like I inadvertantly do sometimes).
  • brkdrvrbrkdrvr Member Posts: 4
    I don't think it's a brake related issue. No pulling, no increase when braking, does not get better/worse w/mileage (miles driven not mpg). The noise & feel of scuffing grinding is most noticeable @ around 35mph. As for the mileage (MPG) it seems to be getting worse.
    I am dropping the HHR off at the I.G. Burton Chevrolet Service Dept. (very reputable they replaced my 2005 Suburbans trans. @ plus 36,200 miles for $250.00 w/100,000 wtd on new unit) again Thurs. to be checked out and will post new findings.
    I hope this can be resolved because we really like the car it's super quiet and fun to drive, the only disappointments are; visibility (we test drove, knew & bought anyway), mileage I really expected to get 30mpg hwy (our 2005 Suburban has gets 20+), and this noise which I have the nagging feeling is the tip of a serious problem w/front axle, bearing or transmission.
    The bearing is the first thing that came to mind.
  • ljumpljump Member Posts: 4
    I bought a new HHR SS a few weeks ago and after only one week I noticed thick, black carbon buildup on the tailpipe. Dealer said "that's normal", but ran all the diagnostics anyway - no rich fuel mixture, no dirty emsissions, etc. - everything was to specs. I cleaned the exhaust pipe, then checked the oil. With only 800 mi. on the car, it was pretty clean but I noticed it was 3/16 of an inch over the full mark. Then I drove to Phoenix and back (about 1,200 miles round trip) at 75 mph with the a/c on. It got about 26 mpg - not too bad, and the car performed very well. When I got back, the tailpipe was even blacker than before - the carbon deposits were a little shiny and slick, indicating oil - not unburned gasoline. I checked the oil - it was down to the full mark, but quite dirty - not quite black, but getting there fast. Again, the dealer said it was normal and they wouldn't even take it in to look at it. I'm hoping it's just the excess half-quart of oil blowing out, but I guess time will tell. The dealer said GM did not have any tech bulletins out for this specific symptom. I'd like to get an expert opinion on this....
  • dmathews3dmathews3 Member Posts: 1,739
    I'm guessing it is the over full oil as this is about the worse thing you can do to an engine. I think it is even worse than running it a quart low. Now that it is down to the full mark, clean it again and keep an eye on it. I only have about 450 on my 2.4 HHR and my chrome pipe looks like brand new.
  • cynarkcynark Member Posts: 1
    i am thinking about purchasing the hhr at the end of the month....i have done my edmunds search my consumer reports search and i really l like but i pray that i do not have the trouble you all are having.
  • paopao Member Posts: 1,867
    beleive the HHR SS has the same 2.0L turbo that the Solstice GXP has been using since 07.....the GXP also experienced the blackening of the tail pipes...but it apparently lessen after engine break in...you should see the same thing
  • ljumpljump Member Posts: 4
    My dealer offered little resistance to my offer of edmunds.com dealer invoice price on the new HHR SS I bought a few weeks ago (loaded with most options for $24.5k) - I showed the sales mgr. the edmunds.com printout and he agreed to the invoice price!! Get the SS if you possibly can - sooo much better than any of the other HHR models. The turbo power is awesome (260hp) and you still get 26+ mpg on the highway.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    It's possible to suck oil through the turbo by the way. Not uncommon on turbo cars. Tell-tale sign would be a puff of blue smoke on morning start up that does away quickly.
    To the full mark on the dip stick is fine, over the full mark is not.
  • jonnymjonnym Member Posts: 5
    I'm sorry but I would stay away from the hhr. I own a 06 LT currently with 60,000 miles. I've had fuel board problems, brake issues, steering column problems and ignition issues. If you do buy, get the best warranty you can, you're going to need it. Best of luck. :lemon: :lemon:
    Yes i agree,my 2006 is a lemon and i wish i had never bought it.Its got 18000 on it. and its got so many problems.Its been in the shop for diffrent thing.s roters, the battery dying,dont get good gas mileage.Computor messes up,its got alot i wish i good write gm i would love to get my money back. :mad: :lemon:
  • tim08hhr1tim08hhr1 Member Posts: 7
    There is a TSB for this. They will put a radiator guard in front of the radiator. This will fix the problem you have. GM is aware of the problem & is now placing them on all 08 and below.
  • kathiky1kathiky1 Member Posts: 19
    Tim,

What does the TSB address (sorry, I don't know enough about cars to know what a radiator guard fixes).
  • tim08hhr1tim08hhr1 Member Posts: 7
    If you have a 08 HHR or lower in model year. Look under your lower bumper in the front of your car. You will see your radiator. If there is nothing infront of it you need the guard. The guard will protect your radiator from rocks flying into it. If you get a big enough impact from a rock it will go into the radiator and drain the fluid & you will have big problems.
  • overrevoverrev Member Posts: 1
    some people may have gotten lemons, but i have an '06 2lt and think it is by far the best vehicle i have ever owned. someone did their homework when designing the HHR. the only problem i have had is the often mentioned front disc vibration. but there is a TSB out to cover that , and i am looking at drilled/slotted rotors anyway. get up to 33 mpg highway. all around, i don't think you can go wrong with the HHR.
  • mah123mah123 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 08 hhr ss last sat. and the car doesn't start sometimes and they said it was the starter. I had 50 miles on it, I looked under the front of the car and there is a shield for the radiator to protect it as well as one under the doors and the tail pipe. :cry: :cry:
  • rose4hhrrose4hhr Member Posts: 4
    I had a 2001 Malibu that we bought new that had the exact same issue within months after buying it. I was driving on an isolated country road late at night and it just cut off. I later joked with my husband that it was like I was being abducted by aliens because everything just "cut off" ...that is except the lights...I think. Anyway, I had no cell service and had to wait to flag someone down to call him and he only got a partial message...so I waited for hours. I think strangely enough, it started again after he "showed up" and so he took it to another dealership from the one where we purchased it from, and they fixed it on the first try...no further problems. It was a really good car until I had an accident off an icy bridge this February and totaled it. I credit it for saving my life...had 143.500+ miles and was still going with no major problems and good mechanic reports, no major overhauls!!! (I was trying to make it to at least 250,000! I did a VIN check and someone rebuilt it!)
  • rose4hhrrose4hhr Member Posts: 4
    I had an issue with the dealer that we purchased our current 08 HHR from (mistake, wish we would have went to one of the other dealerships within a 150 mile radius!)...the issue was over my last '01 Malibu (I have a used '03 now to replace it...didn't buy it from the same dealer!). Anyway, they kept having problems "finding" what was wrong with my cruise control after a routine tune up, it had never had anything before and the car was only about 2-3 years old at the time. They wanted me to buy a $250 motor plus labor and local taxes, etc after selling a $48 button we didn't need and after they messed up my cruise cable, which lodged under my accelerator on my way home from their service shop and almost got me killed. I called them, my family, and they paid to replace the cable. Anyway...I was livid and told them their was absolutely no way that a system that had nothing wrong with it suddenly needs a motor and a button; and that I had experience with buttons before and knew it had nothing wrong with it...that they must have done something wrong when they did the tune up because it worked up until then. I gave them one last chance after about five to fix it. They insisted it was the cruise motor. I told them I would take it elsewhere for a second opinion at my expense, and if they were right, they were right...if they were wrong, they would refund everything. Guess what? They had put the cruise cable in upside down during the tune up and continued to do so....they refunded my money, but not all the time and aggravation. But I did find some honest mechanics in town as a result that only charged me diagnostic charges to fix it. The cost of which I insisted the dealership refund to me, and they did.
    Looks like your instincts worked. Some dealers unfortunately aren't the greatest for service.
  • abbytyabbyty Member Posts: 1
    I'm sorry I have to disagree, I have a 2008 HHR and think it is a wonderful car. No, this isn't my first HHR, I bought a 2007 last summer. My husband and went on a trip to Atlanta and it did overheat, but after being repaired by a local dealership there we were on our way home and didn't have another problem with it. However, on March 17th it became my 'saving grace' when in swerving to miss a semi tire loose on the road, I lost control and hit a guardrail totaling my car. It became my saving grace because although I had to be removed from the car due to the fact the front in was completely crushed, all I sustained was a broken nose and a cut arm. Had I been in another car, the front end of probably would have been crushed in on me or I could have possibly been killed. Because of the accident I was forced to get a new car, of course all I did was call the Chevy dealer from the year before and the next day (over 2 weeks since my accident) I was able to drive away in my new HHR. I believe the 2007 HHR was the wisest purchase my husband and I have ever made. Now I just miss my 2007 but I love the 2008. Hopefully I won't need another 'saving grace'. :blush:http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com/media/townhall/webxicons/- emotorcons/emo_blush.gif
    blush