Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Fusion/Mercury Milan New Owner Reports

Comments

• kehrlichkehrlich Member Posts: 3
    I purchased a black I4 5 speed manual about three weeks ago. I have been getting 25 MPG city driving since I purchased the car. In addition, last weekend we went out of town to a football game. The MPG for the trip was 32 (95% highway).

So far I have been very pleased.
  • mschmalmschmal Member Posts: 1,757
    For 2008 manual trans Milans will not be available as "stock" orders. If you want the manual trans, you will have to order one from the factory.

Mark.
  • batbearbatbear Member Posts: 2
    urnews; thanks, I am glad you enjoyed reading my review as I have enjoyed reading yours.

Let me clarify that I am not complaining about the Milan's fit and finish;everything is ok except for the tail light issue which you have to concentrate on to notice. When I push down on the trunk lid a bit the lights line up properly, however momentarily. I believe that the pistons/mini-shocks that hold the trunk open are overcharged and that contributes to the upwards pressure on the trunk lid that causes the alignment issue as well as requiring a firm downwards motion to close the trunk on the first try. Is any one else experiencing this?

I Forgot to add a few things. The Accord has a locking fuel door (locks from the inside) as well as the ability to lock the trunk from the inside in addition to a locking glove box and rear fold down seats that lock. The sections of the Milan's rear bench seat fold down nicely, however do not lock and the trunk opens with just a push of a button on the dash, none of the above are locking on the Milan, and the fuel filler door just pulls open. No auxiliary locks means no need for a valet key.

There are Job 1 and Job 2 revisions on the Fusion/Milan, correct me if I am wrong mschmal, and Job 2 has the 6 speed Japanese made Aisin-Warner Transmission, over the 5 speed in Job 1. Job 2 revisions add a MP3 jack to the stereo enabling the "line-in" function to play music from an IPOD or other MP3 player for example.

Job 2 (manufactured after Jan 2007) adds beefed up interior components and improves crash protection as well.

See the following Consumer Reports crash test link and select both years to hear information and to see the crash tests.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/cars/safety-recalls/carcrashtest/crashtestvid- eo.htm

Are you guys getting the mileage from the info display on the dash or calculating the mileage on your own? I read in these forums to reset the MPG counter at each fill up.
  • akirbyakirby Member Posts: 8,062
    All I4 Fulans use the 5 speed auto. All V6 models use the Aisin 6 speed.
  • jsadka1jsadka1 Member Posts: 9
    I am glad you posted about the mileage. I got blasted when I first posted mine. I have had my 06 V6 Fusion now for 16 months. The mileage improved. I now get about 16-17 in town and around 27+ on interstate driving and I do reset it after each fill up. I did the paper thing for a while but quit after a few months. I figured it really didn't matter as I was going to have to drive it anyway no matter what the gas mileage. Considered trading within the first 6 months, but would have lost too much money to do so. I have not had any problems with my car. I bought it in June of 06 and went with the 0 interest for 3 years. On July 1st of 06 they came out with the 0 interest for 5 years with a longer warranty but Ford refused to change my financing even though it was just a few days later. Would have been a big help to me if they had let me know about the "new" promotion for July. Oh well, luck of the draw I guess. Anyway, good luck with your new car!
  • mschmalmschmal Member Posts: 1,757
    Is it by design?

The Milan on my showroom floor also has taillights on the trunk lid that do not line up exactly with the taillights on the fender.

Curiously though the crease at the top of the hood lines up with the crease in the fender. Accordingly it appears to mean that the design was off, not the build.

Mark.
  • scape2scape2 Member Posts: 4,123
    Well, I now have 21,000 trouble free miles on my fusion SEL V6. Long road trips I average about 29.7MPG cruising at 70-75. The car is solid as day 1 with no squeaks or rattles. My plan next year is to buy 18" rims and new tires. I am very happy with this car and have recommended to others to test drive both the Milan/Fusion.
    Likes - reliability, fit/finish, styling and comfort.
    Dislikes - rear view is a bummer, If Ford just moved the 3rd brake light to the trunk it would help much! Just to keep up with image, a 240HP V6, 180HP 4cyl needs to come now. 6spd for both v6 and 4cyl.
  • danr2danr2 Member Posts: 5
    I dig my 06 3.0 Milan...I put 18" OZ 35th annv. wheels with BF Goodrich G-Force radials..I car kicks tail on 07 Camry's all day long....their supposedly stronger motor had not made an apperance at the stoplights I frequent..

dXR :shades:
  • bj02176bj02176 Member Posts: 115
    You have got to be kidding, you must be competing against all 4 cyl Camry's, While my 2006 Fusion was a great car, I traded it for a 2007 Sante Fe I thought my 2003 4 cyl Lx Accord was just as fast. Maybe a tad slower, still had the same merging problems with both.

Anyway a great Mexican built car, gas mileage with mostly highway driving was 21.something. Handled great, stuck to the road, just needs the bigger engine that is in the new Edge and Taurus.
  • scape2scape2 Member Posts: 4,123
    I own a V6 SEL Fusion. I can't tell you how many Camry SE 4cyl owners I have put into thier place. SE Camry looks fast, but with the 4cyl its a joke. V6 Camry however, quick, in one word. I raced one off the line and it was pretty neck and neck until about 40MPH, the Camry V6 pulled away at a steady pace. ;)
  • divessencedivessence Member Posts: 2
    OMG, I feel like I am about to cry. I have the same whining noise in my 2008 Ford Fusion, it sounds like a distant fire siren. VERY ANNOYING. I can not get used to it they too told me it was normal engine noise. I feel like I am going out of my mind. I have taken it to two dealership, that don't even want to do a drive with me to see what I mean. Can you give me a little more information on what they did to fix it. This is my main concern with my car. It only has 20800 miles on it, and I have tried twice to get rid of the car by trade, but owe too much on it, since I've only made a few payments. Please help me!!
  • divessencedivessence Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I have a 08 Ford Fusion S with about 20800 miles on it. I like the car a lot especially the look and feel of it. I have however had a few issues that I am trying to get fixed. The main thing is the whining noise that I hear when accelerating that like I posted on Barbara383, sounds like a distant fire engine, I am so annoyed with it and it drives me crazy. Has anyone other than Barbara383 had an issue or hear this and if so what can be done about it. I also find that my car is not very soft at idle and has a slight ticking noise that you can hear over the belt, but that is only when idling, can't hear it while driving. The dealer is looking at my driver's seat that squeaks over every single bump or turn, but that doesn't concern me as much as the whining noise. I also took my car to a tire dealer and had them look at a clicking noise coming from what appears to be the drivers side tire, he said that I needed brake clips installed, so I'll have to ask them about that when I go back. My molding on the side of the passanger door was separating and they will be repaing that soon. Like I said mainly concerned with the whining noise so If anyone has encountered this or know what can be done. Please help!!
  • jsadka1jsadka1 Member Posts: 9
    Well mine is more like a "hooping" noise. It is very brief and only happens when I first take off. Could your's just be noise from the tires? I had a 2006 fusion and didn't have any siren like noise. I did have the ticking when idling like the other post but never had it checked out. Overall, my fusion was a good car. I didn't like the shorter turn radius though. Good luck!
  • savethelandsavetheland Member Posts: 671
    jsadka1 if you have 3.0L V6 engine - I had ticking sound during idle on my 2002 Mercury Sable with Duratec 3.0L engine, older version of one used on Fusion. It is not normal. Edmunds maintainance board I read that there was a TSB issued by Ford and asked dealer to fix it during 25K miles maintainace visit. The cause is camshaft bolts that were not torqued properly. They retorqued the bolts and it's been fine since. I suggest you to go back to the dealer while it's still under warranty and tell them about TSB or and explain what possible reason may be.

Sable proved to be very reliable car. I have 115,000 miles on it with no issues or repair except of this TSB. Another recomendation is to replace water pump at 120K miles as preventive measure because that how normall lifespan of waterpump. On Japanese cars it is normally replaced during 100K mile service along with timing belt.
  • raconteur3raconteur3 Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a new 2009 Mercury Milan Premier I-4 two weeks ago and could not be more pleased. I had been in the market for a new car for the last year and had been checking out several makes and models (Taurus, Impala, Fusion, Malibu and Focus) when the Cash for Clunkers program started, I traded in my 1996 Ford T-Bird and made the decision to purchase a Fusion, but my local Ford-Lincoln-Mercury dealerships stock on Fusions was extremely low with the options that I wanted (Red with camel leather interior, Sync, Sirus, and the moon & tune package). I then took a closer look at the Milan and was pleased to find that I liked the styling better and they had one exactly like I wanted.

My friends (mostly Honda and Toyota owners) have been suprised by the stylish good looks, comfortable ride, good mpg, and outstanding fit and finish. The only downside to this purchase was that my wife became jealous and bought herself a new Escape later the same week!
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,308
    you an your wife have some pretty decent vehicles.
    we have 2 escapes and a fusion.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • cannon3cannon3 Member Posts: 296
    Fusion/Milan have been around now for a while and they should have a thread for us owners with miles on them. I own a 2006 SEL V6 in silver frost with black leather, sun roof, the works. I now have about 45,000 trouble free, squeak free miles on this car. Solid, this car is as solid as the day I bought it. I do have one issue however, when I reach speeds of 60+ I have slight wind noise in the windshield area. You have to turn off the radio in order to listen for it.
    In 2006 I bought this car and was told by the Honda/Toyota crowd I would be sorry, it was going to fall apart, have all kinds of problems.. I paid thousands less and know I made the right choice.
    I do not know how Toyota/Honda crowd could come up with their outrageous conclusions. I have Mercury Sable with 120K miles and did not have any problems so far. Consumer Report rates Sable/Taurus reliability for last 6 years as "above average", almost the same as before mentioned Camry/Accord. I have some doubt about Erupean brands and GM/Chrysler about reliability, but not Ford.
  • stephen987stephen987 Member Posts: 1,994
    As a member of the "Honda crowd" (I've owned five so far), I agree with savetheland--many folks underestimate Ford. The Taurus/Sable twins have a longstanding record of solid reliability--not to mention terrific safety performance, and low insurance rates as a result. A used Taurus or Sable is the perfect first car for a teenager.

The Fusion and Milan seem to have maintained excellent reliability since their introduction. I would not hesitate for a moment to purchase one if I needed a car in that size/price range. But I do think the initial depreciation makes them a better buy used than new. The used car market hasn't yet caught onto this terrific little secret.
    Rental Tauruses had cheaply made interiors, that may be the reason to underestimate Taurus. Technically it also was carryover from 1986 model with ancient ineffective pushrod V6 Vulcan (American companies were only ones making pushrod engines in 80s-2000s). Vulcan is not well suited for freeways, it simply does not accelerate - I remember I4 Camry felt more like V6 in its smoothness and power than Vulcan.

Regarding resale values it goes upward for Fords for some time. For Fusion and new Taurus it will aproach at least to Toyota level soon. I for one feel no pressure to sell my Sable since it just runs strong and holds up pretty well. I bought it in pretty good deal new for 18.5K (21.5K with taxes and fees). And it is car with DOHC V6, all leather interior, moonroof and other amenities, very comfortable for daily commute. Price was similar to the price of I4 Accord/Camry at that time
  • badgerfanbadgerfan Member Posts: 1,565
    Taurus had 3.0 DOHC V-6 available at little extra cost from 1996 on, and I take exception to the statement that Tauri had cheaply made interiors. My 2000 (DOHC equipped) Taurus interior is quality throughout, especially when looking at durability. Perhaps it looks a little plain with little "bling", however everything is solid, tight and ergonomics are excellent. Now at 80,000 miles the interior has almost no wear and looks like new, even the drivers seat. No squeaks or rattles either.

The car has been extremely reliable as well. Other than routine maintenance, there have been no issues of significance.

It also has dual front sun visors, a very nice feature when the sun is low and coming in at the upper corner of the windshield and side windows intermittently. This is a feature, unfortunately, that Ford has not continued on the latest models.
    Yes but point was that Camry (which Ford tried to match with previous generation of Taurus) also had V6 DOHC engine which was more refined and advanced than Duratec even though it cost more.

But what is even more important most Camries sold with I4 and thats where Camry beats Taurus hands down. Instead of offering refined I4 engine (which Ford did not have) it offered Taurus with the same tired ancient Vulcan engine which burns more gas with less output than modern I4. Ford had a habit to keep ancient designs in production for too long in such a competitive market. I agree that Taurus/Sable are among most reliable midsize cars in 2000s, but it is not enough to compete.

At its prime time Taurus was among most advanced cars in USA and both Toyota and Honda tried hard to match it. And Toyota did it in 1992 and created even better car, while Ford only facelifted and even cheaped Taurus in 1992 redesign. After '92 Camry came out Ford begin worrying and ordered Taurus redesign to beat new Camry. Team just could not do it with manufacturing system and cost structure Ford had in 90s. So instead product manager decided to beat Camry with outlandish style and it did not work.

Modern Americans do not care much about style - they just want quality appliance that does not look outright ugly, except of Honda and Toyota. Honda and Toyota in American market have a luxury to not spend money on exterior design. Of course this approach in Europe does not work because Europeans have a long tradition to dress stylishly and drive stylish cars.
  • xmechxmech Member Posts: 90
    Had my 2010 Fusion almost 2 weeks now.

Dislikes:
    1) As mentioned in reviews, the engine is quite noisy in anything more than gentle accelleration. Nothing a good fart-muffer can't hide, though! :P (JK! Wouldn't get caught dead with one.)

2) Can't believe I'd say this, but here goes: Lot's of buttons! I'm still getting accustomed to the center stack, and while I love having so many things to do with it, all those tiny buttons are tough to identify while driving. Party my fault, as I reflexively reach for the cntr stack and forget the steering wheel controls and voice commands.

3) (Nitpicking) USB plug in cntr console in awckward (Sp?) location. Like how Sonata goes straight up, though maybe that would get clogged with crap?

4) Not a design thing, but the backup sensor occasionally goes off like it's right up against something when there's nothing for a country mile. Not a weather factor, unless nice sunny weather causes it... Going to have it looked at this week. I know, it can be disabled, and I didn't really want the system, but if I paid for it, it's gonna work! Besides, the wife may drive it ocaisionaly. (Sorry, ladies!)

5) I wish the Sync voice had it's own volume adjustment, as I find she's usually screaming at me. Hey Ford (Or Microsoft), I get enough of that at home, OK?

Like:
    1) Unlike the reviews, I found the power steering to feel really good. This was one that scared me, but was relieved during the test drive. Can't feel the difference from a regular hydraulic one. Not lifeless, as far as I'm concerned, and I'm no race car driver, but it's nothing like the Sonata, which may as well have a joystick, which was pretty much a deal killer for me, along with the road noise and the way the transmission shifted. (Sorry Hyundai. Truth hurts.)

2) MPG. around 27MPG, 70/30 hwy/city. Well, that's subjective, but I like it alot more than the Grand Cherokee Obama bought from me...

3) So far, it's more than adequate power from the 4-banger. Yeah, it would be fun to have one of the 6's, but I have to grow up some time.... Yet to test it through the mountain passes, though.

4) Roomy! Looked small inside at the auto show, but somehow deceiving.

5) Comfy seats. Like the lumbar support. Looking for an excuse for a long trip.

6) Instrument cluster. That's the most common 'Wow!' I get when people see it for the first time.

Very happy with it overall. I still wonder why the base S model has alloy wheels and the SE gets hub caps? But they look like alloys from a distance.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,308
    i have an 07 with the v6, which is not anyone i know of's favorite sounding engine,
    but now that i have about 17k on it, it seems much smoother and quieter than when i first got it. hopefully, your I4 will be the same.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
    Hey xmech, whats so "wow" about instrumental panel? I looked at pictures and did not find anything unusual.
    I guess you just have to see it for real. Could just be the colors or something, but that's what just about everyone said.
  • hackattack5hackattack5 Member Posts: 315
    I have a 2008 Accord LX and hate it. It is very slow but I heard the is a TSB for the anti knock device that might be causing it. I just had my REAR brakes replaced yesterday at 23,000 miles. The fronts had 7mm left but the rears were toast. I looked at the Accord forum and found out a lot of 08's have the same problem. Do you guys out there think I would be making a mistake if I trade the Accord in for a 2010 SEL I4 loaded? I have had Toyota's then Honda's and I think they have cost engineered them selfs into inferior quality products.
  • berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    The Fusion seems to get good quality marks from different ratings sources, so you should drive one and see how you like it. You'll probably want to make sure if you buy one that you get it for a few grand less then the Accord and Camry because its trade value seems a little lower. Maybe that will change over time.
  • acdiiacdii Member Posts: 753
    Now is the time for me to post about my new Fusion Sport. I traded up to it from a Camry Hybrid, and other than the Smart key and 34 MPG, I sure do NOT miss the Camry. This Fusion is everything I have been wanting in a car for a long time now. Back in about 1995 or so I bought a 1992 Crown Victoria, with the High Performance Package. It was a great car, got 21 MPG no matter how I drove it and it drove Really good, handled like a dream, and cornered very well for the big car that it was. A few years later I needed something that could pull a horse trailer, and decided to trade it for an Explorer. Biggest mistake I ever made. About 5 years ago I found a 2001 Crown Vic Sport, which was very much like the 92 Vic that I missed, but only by what it claimed to have, it did not handle or move the same so that was my last Ford, I traded it in on a Veracruz, and the Explorer went towards a Prius. Well, I got rid of the Prius, outgrew it, got a Camry, and it was an OK car, but nothing to write about, as it was mediocre in performance and handling, only reason I had it was it was a Hybrid and I got a really good deal on it.

Well, one of the owners of the company I work for bought a 2010 Sport model, and I made the mistake of sitting in it, and eventually decided to say the hell with 34 MPG and dumped the Camry and got the Sport. It reminds me so much of the Vic I had, but is even better. This car handles like it is on rails. It is so much more comfortable than the Camry, it is much quieter inside, more leg room, my knee no longer smacks the door, and I can take my hand off the wheel without worrying about the car drifting one way or the other like the Camry did. Both my kids love the car, they like the roar it makes when I give it gas, how it pushes them into their car seats, and like how they can see out the back windows now, where they couldnt in the Camry, downside is, they are about 2" closer to each other :surprise: so I have the occasional "stop it" coming from behind me. The AC controls, & TC are a bit too low, so Ford does have a little bit of work left to make this car #1 for everyone, For me it is #1, it is the best car I have ever owned, and for a family sedan, it moves pretty damned good, a few times I left the driver in the right lane with a puzzled expression on their face when I blew their doors off, I guess they didn't think a Ford could move out so good. It don't need no stinkin fart can to beat a ricer, that's for sure, as I have proven a few times to the kiddies with their civics :D

I think the Sport styling is very nice and pleasing to the eye without looking too race like to attract attention ;) The wheels and tires though, when winter comes around, I may be parking it in the garage when it snows, and drive the Veracruz, wont know until the first snow fall to see how well the tires work in the snow. The 3.5 V6 has a lot of power, so I just know I can get the tires spinning with very little effort.

The fit and finish is impeccable, there is not one thing in the car I can point my finger to and say, ohoh look they made a mistake. All the stitching in the seats and steering wheel are perfect, all the leather panels are perfect, not a single blemish in any of them. All the dash pieces are firm and fit properly, the doors give a nice solid thump when you close them, and the Sony stereo sounds Excellent once it gets adjusted properly, hooking up the Ipod was simple, just plug it in, and it plays, and the Sync is so easy, press the voice button, say play artist Alabama and Alabama starts to play(that is of course that you have Alabama on your Ipod). Pairing the iPhone was a piece of cake, had to do it a couple times when getting the sync up to date, and the applications installed for traffic and directions. The iPhone will also stream bluetooth audio to the Sync, so you can keep the ipod connected to USB, the iPhone connected to the power adapter, and choose either one to listen to the music or pod cast of your choice. I also found there is a second USB connection, where you can hookup a hard drive or other drive as a permanent connection so you dont have to leave the iPod or other MP3 player in the car, but I haven't figured out how to get it to work yet, it needs a male to male USB adapter. The Trunk is huge, there is a lot of room in there, and if you fold down all he seats, including the front passenger seat, you can haul long pieces of whatever you like in the car.

This is our 4th Ford in the garage, the others are my F350, my moms, 2007 Lincoln Town Car and her 1995 Grand Marquis. So far the reliability on all 3 of those has been superb. Other than normal wear and tear items, like ball joints, shocks, and brakes, the Grand Marquis, and F350 have been flawless, and considering how rough our roads are, that's pretty damned good, not once has any of them stopped running or had a major breakage in all the time we have them, and other than the town car, they are over 130K on the clock and still going. I had a 1979 Ford LTD wagon that we bought new in 1979, it had its problems, Ford experimented with the Variable Venturi Carb, and also had a bad run of 5.0 engines with piston slap, so after 50K miles on it, I pulled the motor and rebuilt it, blue print style, and drove that car for another 300K until the frame gave in to rust. That's 350K on the transmission, suspension, and rear end, only replacing an occasional tie rod and brakes.

Here's hoping I can do the same with the Fusion( not rebuilding the engine part though:D!)!!!
  • lehrer1lehrer1 Member Posts: 54
    Thank you for very informative message about your
    Fusion S. It is time to drop my Taurus 97. It has antique V6 Vulcan and badly design
    transmission, problems with RPM sensor and with catalytic converter. One can live with this car but driving is boring.
    I am looking for something more exiting. It could be your Fusion S or Accord.
    What be your preference? I like fast cars, and my second one is 06 BMW 325i.
    Best regards, Lehrer
    I think you'll find the Fusion a little more sporty than the Accord, but you'll need to test drive them to be sure.
    I can tell you the Fusion Sport, lives up to its name. There is this road I take once in a while that has a sharp offset, a full road width to the right, the length of the road, and normally I would take it at no more than 40 MPH in any car, anything more and you could put the car in the ditch, or worse, roll it. It is a 55 MPH road, this morning, I took it at 50 MPH, and didn't even realize it until I looked down after straightening out and it was at 50. Now that was impressive. Not even a tire squeal through the whole thing, and I stayed in my lane. I am working on the launch times, and getting it to 0-60 under 7 seconds, getting close, 7.2 0-60 with tire slip, if I can get a good launch without tire slip, I can get it under 7 seconds. I also found it has a strong power curve above 3000 RPM, enough where you get pushed into the seat when it gets there, and stays there until at least 5000 RPM. This is the first car I want to take to a road race course and put it through its paces, it handles that well.
  • lehrer1lehrer1 Member Posts: 54
    acdii,
    thank you for information, it is nice that you are happy about your car!
    Lehrer
    ps I'd be happy to hear more about your car,
    I hope Fusion S does not have electric steering.
    "I hope Fusion S does not have electric steering. "

It does. I think it's just the Sport or maybe all the V6's have hydraulic power steering. Check the Ford site to see the specs. Have you test driven it yet, though? I was bummed to hear about the electric steering too after test driving a Sonata, but I think they did it really well.
    Only the Sport has hydraulic steering, all the rest share the electric steering. Which isn't too bad, The Camry is worse.
  • jeffyscottjeffyscott Member Posts: 3,855
    Opinions on the new steering system seem to vary. While some reviews have been strongly negative on it others have been neutral (ie. that it is about the same as the best (in terms of steering feel) of the competition, for example:

Car and Driver wrote "the steering was nearly as good as the best in this group" in a comparison with the Mazda6 and Accord.

Motor Trend, in a comparison with Accord, wrote: "Both cars' helms feel overly light, neither transmits much road feel to the rim, and both provide nice, linear response and cornering grip that exceeds expectations".

CR has written: "Handling is responsive. The steering, which is now electric to improve fuel economy, is nicely weighted and conveys some feedback."
    Yes I did rent I4 Fusion for the week during vacation and did not like electric steering. Drove also Cobalt with ES and it is horrible, Malibu with ES was similar to Fusion but Fusion felt better. Malibu had a better trasmission though and cabin ergonomics were better. But Fision engine feels more refined.
    Well I did it I traded my 08 Accord in for a 2010 Fusion SEL with the 301 package. I have not owned an american car since 1994. I will pick it up on Saturday and hope it will be a great car. I might be foolish but I think Ford has figured out that they need to listen to the customer and build a good product. I would put that Fusion against any sedan in the world that is under $25,000. Great job Ford. And no I do not work at ford :)
    FYI Fusion is awarded COTY by Motor Trend.
    Well deserved too!!!! Best damned car I have ever owned.
    I have a set of the weathertech floor liners in my pickup truck and love them. My question is does anyone know if any of the dimensions have changed between the 09 Fusion and the 2010 Fusion? When I look at the weathertech website they do not offer the liners for the Fusion 2010 model yet.
  • tim156tim156 Member Posts: 308
    The dimensions have not changed. I purchased a set of front floor liners for my 2010 Fusion and they fit great!
    Tim:
    Thanks I just brought the car home tonight. What a great machine. I am placing my weathertech floor liners and cargo liner now. Cya
  • desgnrdesgnr Member Posts: 19
    My big question is it worth the $1600.00 more for the V6
    Do more people own a I4 or V6

I drove a I4 & it was noisey.
    I did't drive the V6 yet.
    Does it have alot more power.
    It's worth it if you want more power or don't like the I4. Yes, it has a lot more power but the I4 will get much better mileage in real world driving. Drive both, consider the fuel cost difference and then it's up to you.
    The 3.0 has decent power, but if you can swing it, the Sport has the 3.5 V6 with a LOT more power, and gets the same EPA as the 3.0. I get 31 MPG in the Sport on the highway when I can manage to keep my foot out of it.

Like Akriby said, only you will know once you drive them.
  • stephen987stephen987 Member Posts: 1,994
    There's a lively debate over this in the Midsize Sedans 2.0 discussion--not just for the Fusion but for midsize sedans in general. For "ordinary drivers" the four-cylinder engines in most midsize cars are perfectly adequate--but hardly anyone considers him/herself an "ordinary driver." In the case of the Fusion, the four-cylinder version has class-leading fuel economy, while the V6 is so-so.

For what it's worth, I bought a V6 Accord several years ago, and if I had it to do over again, I'd go for the four instead, because I like (a) less weight on the front end for better handling, (b) less weight and smaller engine for better fuel economy, and (c) less upfront cost. But your experience and priorities may be different. The V6 is noticeably faster, and noticeably quieter, whether we're discussing the Fusion or the Accord (or most other midsize sedans)--but only you can decide if the difference is worth the extra purchase price (and the extra fuel cost).
  • koho955koho955 Member Posts: 97
    V6 in the Fusion is MUCH quieter than the 4Cyl.
    Worth the money....take it for a drive!
  • koho955koho955 Member Posts: 97
    I just test drove the Camry V6 XLE, the Honda Accord V6 and the Ford Fusion V6 back to back. The Fusion wins by a mile. Both the Honda and the Camry had a ton of road, wind and engine noise. It was amazing how loud the Camry was at a stop light. You could hear the traffic whizzing by as if the window was open 1".
    The Camry did price out way better especially at a CarMax Toyota dealer (new cars only).
    I'm going with the Ford! I hope the write-ups are accurate because in my 49 years I have never owned an American car!