Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

New Toyota Camry Hybrid Owners - Give Us Your Report

Comments

• wvgasguywvgasguy Member Posts: 1,405
    It would be interesting to see what items are listed in the $33,XXX just to see if it is a rip off or perhaps just overpriced or unnessary items (like Chrome wheels, spoiler, ets) that truly do have a cost to the dealership. Many people on this site have added custom wheels, spoilers and other cosmetic addons themselves so saying those are a ripoff isn't quite correct if indeed that's what's jacking the price up. However if it's things like additional advertising, environmental fee, undercoating (on a car already with a long warranty), paint sealant (a $500 wax job), etc, then skip it. I develop a relationship with my sales person. I do want them to make a living and still be there when I return to trade. However most of those relationships begin with me telling them, don't insult me or treat me as if I don't know what I'm doing or I'll walk away and not be back. However treat me fairly and you'll have my loyalty. I've had a lot of experience over the years and have indeed walked away, even from something I wanted. You ALWAYS have to be willing to walk away. They can sence it when you won't and they have you!
  • nkaizernkaizer Member Posts: 25
    I echo the comments of the previous responders. I got my $500 above invoice for my loaded 2009 TCH (31xxx, vs, 28xxx) and they stuck to that sale price even though the car came in with dealer added options such as the rear bumper applique, trunk mats, etc.
    You have incredible power. Tell him you only want factory loaded options and hit the road if the maxed out car is above 28 and change.

It's not a Lexus for christ's sake!
  • texasestexases Member Posts: 10,707
    All the above, plus watch out for pressure at the closing to get the extended warranty. They may talk about how complex it is, etc., but you must say no. You can get it later, cheaper if you want (I never do), but NEVER buy an extended warranty in the closing, unless you're a car buying expert (and you wouldn't be asking if you were).
  • new2hybridnew2hybrid Member Posts: 7
    Wow! Thank you all for your adivice!

The car was listed at $33,something w/leather, spoiler, b/t, sunroof, heated seats, nav,...all the bells and whistles. The sales man got it down to $31, something. Which I'm thankful for! I really like the guy and he's worked with me for 5 + hours by now. I'm all about the guy getting paid to sell me a car but I was just making sure that I'm not getting suckered either! I'm trading in a 01 Seq, 137,000 miles on it and they are giving me $7,900 for it! So that helps with my final price!

I'm taking your advice and going back in tonight. Also, thanks for telling me to skip the closing sales pitch for additonal items to buy! That is a huge help!

Thank you all for your help! I feel like I have some brothers, uncles and fathers out there helping me :) Thank God I got on Edmunds last night and read all of your messages!

Thanks!
  • ottermanotterman Member Posts: 1
    Hi. Saw your post and thought it might help to check out a good website for the car buying process - http://www.carbuyingtips.com
    We bought an '08 Camry Hybrid last July and are shopping for a Prius for our daughter right now, and I found the site to be very helpful. I also think your dealer has added on to the MSRP of the vehicle. Our fully loaded (every option available) Camry had an MSRP of $31,200 and we paid $28,300 at that time.
    Car buying can be stressful so I hope this helps.
    Good luck.
    The car was listed at $33,something w/leather, spoiler, b/t, sunroof, heated seats, nav,...all the bells and whistles. The sales man got it down to $31

Again, the extra "bells and Whistles" are unneccessary add ons. There aren't enough factory options to push the price to $33K+. Don't let the fact that you "like" the salesperson make you think he won't take advantage of you.

Edmunds has a feature that will let you price the car out showing the MSRP and Invoice on all the options. Use it and know what you are paying for. There are a lot of these on the floor, buy the one you want. If you're willing to pay $31 for a TCH I'm guessing you can go anywhere you want and get exactly what you want.
  • jcihakjcihak Member Posts: 60
    Got our 2008 Camry from Diehl Toyota in York, PA at $3000 below invoice (last 2008 there). Also the best deal in the mid-Atlantic? Actually, it seems like $3000 below invoice is typical for 2008s, but they are selling out fast.
  • gatorman89gatorman89 Member Posts: 9
    I picked up my 2008 TCH 3 weeks ago today in Northern VA... Last one on the lot. As you say, the 2008's are going fast - especially with the $1000 rebate. I got it with the Sunroof, Carpets and UP - he threw in the sunroof air deflector and net - for under $24K (not including dealer processing & taxes)... Luv the mpgs... Averaging 39 right now with over 1000 miles on it
  • gwilsongwilson Member Posts: 46
    I know there are very few differences between the 08 and the 09 model. However, is there any difference in trunk "layout" between the two? I remember looking at an 08 and then weeks later an 09 and it seems the 09 was different. I haven't been able to compare side-by-side. Did they reposition the battery packs or anything to make the trunk space different?

Thanks
  • jcihakjcihak Member Posts: 60
    I compared the two side by side - no difference
  • loves2readloves2read Member Posts: 48
    we were looking in the DFW TX area this past week and there were NO 08 TCH that we could find first week of May--and a couple of dealerships had no 09s either--
    think our economy is strong and people are buying them as fast as they come to the dealership--
    the area has about 60 09s in the availability pool--but the most we found on any lot was 3
    that makes it harder to deal with these guys....
    I just bought an 09 last week in Tulsa, Oklahoma at Jim Norton Toyota 918-250-6888. I know they have more coming in since my friend just put a deposit on an 2009 Camry on Saturday.It should be in 2-3 weeks.

Good luck! I love my TCH! Amazing mileage compared to my 2001 Toyota Sequoia! Of course! Great fun features too! I love the blue tooth, back up sensors, XM and nav.! I'm glad that I got the loaded Camry! It's fun!
  • jaymkjaymk Member Posts: 86
    Congrats on your new ride.
    Can you please let us know what was the MSRP on your car and how much did you pay for it?
    Thanks
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    Is there any special additional maintenance required vs a Camry?
    Does the Hybrid use special tires that cost more and/or wear out faster?
    Is it like the Prius, where the 12v battery drains when parked much more quickly than a normal car requring you to get a jump start at the airport when you get home from vacation?
    Have you forgotten to turn off the car when you parked?
  • eyerolleyeroll Member Posts: 2
    Hello all. New to forum, Toyota, and hybrids. Located near Roanoke, VA. Only one Toyota dealer "nearby", so pickings are slim. Two-month waiting list on Prius. No TCHs on the lot so we bought the owner's wife's demo ride. Car had 3,600 miles on it. MSRP was $31,800, we bought it for $28,000.

Salesman said hybrids are going for full MSRP here in SW VA. Thought we got a pretty good deal all things considered (car is loaded w/leather, nav sys, sun roof, XM radio). It's taking some getting use to (start up and nav sys controls), but really pleased with the 42 mpg I've averaged over the past few hundred miles. :shades:

Thanks. - phil
    we drove a fully loaded 09 at dealership in DFW TX area--part of the price increase was an option pkg --the Extra mile pkg--that many dealers around here include--the tire warranty, a 5 yr 60K extended warranty and a roadside service warranty, and some other options like spoiler, side molding, mats--

It is not on the Edwards options pkgs but it adds about 1530 MSRP to total price of the car
    those are options that many people can do without--or that other feel are over priced...
  • eyerolleyeroll Member Posts: 2
    Purchased our 2008 TCH Monday, May 5th (four days ago). Bought it sight unseen as a demo (the dealership owners wife was using it her car). The dealer had no hybrids on the lot - a two-month waiting list for Prius, and two base model TCHs en route for delivery next week. Our car had 3,600 miles on it at time of purchase. Never owned a Toyota previously. I really like the looks of the exterior and color Jasper (bug guts) Green. Interior is gray (preferred the bisque, but I like it enough). Our car is loaded (leather, nav sys, XM, sunroof, heated seats, etc).

Car is extremely quiet, even with the strange new grunts, clicks, and moans of the hybrid system. It's an adjustment to get used to the new sounds and the lack of the old sounds (engine revving up, transmission shifts, wind noise, et al). Starting the car for the first few times was a very different experience. Kinda fun. The car accelerates very nicely, smooth. Brakes are very strong. And then there's the mpg. Over several hundred miles we're getting between 40 - 42 mpg. For the size, comfort, performance and quality of the car, it's downright impressive.

The build quality is outstanding. exterior panels fit together extremely well. I've noticed that there seems to be a conscious attempt to reduce the number of body panels. Gives a very smooth, integrated appearance. The interior pieces also fit together very well. Very tight tolerances on the gaps. The door panels seem a little cheap to me (very plain), but they seem sturdy enough.

The nav sys is information overload at this point. I suppose that once I get used to it, it will become second nature selecting the different features. Right now, it is distracting and requires too much time "eyes off the road".

The information on the instrument panel display is, for the most part, informative, but sometimes redundant with the nav sys display. Some of the information seems a little frivolous (the engine/battery/charging status), but if you don't have the nav sys, you wouldn't otherwise have that info.

Sound sys is very good (I prefer the Bose sys in my truck). Controls, instruments, storage are all very well laid out, perhpas the best I've seen, and I've bought 12 new cars (and several used ones) since 1974.

Glove box is huge. Lots of storage cubbies throughout the cabin. Rear seat has more room than a Ford Crown Vic. Trunk space is limited, but not as bad as I was lead to believe in some reports. It's plenty bid to haul groceries or enough luggage for a road trip.

Seats are very comfortable, although I would like the bottom cushions to be a little longer for more thigh support. Also, I would like a broader range of adjustment up/down & fore/aft for the seats. A little more outward travel on the sterring wheel would be nice too. These are pretty nit picky details for such a nice car that performs adequatley and gets such great mileage.

That's my $.02! - Phil
    I went to a dealer in SW OH (Dayton/Cinicinnati) today and was quoted price of invoice + 3%. The invoice price the dealer showed me was $28,2xx. This is for a loaded 2009 TCH - convience package, leather, upgrade package w/nav, moonroof. Is this a good price or can I do better?
    Hi Jaymk,

My fully loaded inside and out 09 was $33, something at msrp and purchased at $31, something one week ago. I'm at work or I would grab my paperwork for exact numbers. I traded a 01 sequioa for $7,900 so that helped me out. I have no idea where and how the other buyers are getting $24,000 for a tch?

My best friend went in on Monday, ordered/put a deposit on a 09 TCH. they told her it would be in at the end of the month. They called her today and said it's here, come pick it up.

My salesman called me today to check on me and the car. He said that the dealers are now going 500-1,000 over msrp due to high demand. The salesmen don't have to pressure anyone to buy a hybrid since they are flying off the lot!

I am adjusting to lower head room compared to the sequioa (of course) and smaller side mirrors which makes me wonder why they are so small? Again, I was spoiled by the seq mirrors but I'm feeling like I can't see everything around me. Other than those two issues, I'm waving at the gas stations as I drive by. Our gas in Tulsa just went up 10 more cents in one day!

I am loving all the gadets inside....b/t, nav, sat radio and back up sensors! My friend is furious since she just bought a $70,000 lexus and only received Xm for 3 months and I got it for 6 months. Apparently, she can afford the additional 3 months!

ONE QUESTION? How are you all getting 38-42 mpg? I'm getting 31.7. I'm on my first tank of gas if that makes a difference. A friend just bought an 08 sequioa last week (yep, $50,000 and 14 mpg) and her salesman said that it takes a few tanks of gas before you start seeing the stated mpg?

Is there a breaking in period to get to your gas mileage or can you share some driving tips with me? I'm watching the screen that shows the energy used but still trying to figure out what it all means (blonde?) and how to get higher mpg?

Thanks for you help!
    Traci
  • jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    People are looking at them more now that gas prices are rising, but it's not like there are lines of people with $25K-30K of cash in hand lining up a dealers begging to buy any vehicle in this economy.

It may take a few tanks for the mpg to improve. I rented a TCH that had a few thousand miles on it for a day and got about 35 mpg in about 200 miles of driving around town and on the highway without using any special driving techniques.
  • fun4shoppingfun4shopping Member Posts: 5
    I got mine(2009 TCH) from a dealer in San Jose, California in April for $27,900 and the MSRP was $31,405. Hope it helps. :)
  • bobdeven1bobdeven1 Member Posts: 1
    Just picked up one in the Denver area. Had to order one and wait about 3 weeks. Closed for 28,5 (included all fees except sales tax) with nav, leather, sunroof, heated seats, mats. The fleet dealer said they were in big demand now and Toyota just announced a $300 price increase for the TCH this week. The prices on the Fitzmall website have also gone way up (around 29 for the loaded version), and the Edmunds TMV and CarsDirect sites are also showing even higher prices now. Must be the high gas prices coupled with the tax rebates rolling in increasing demand. Seemed like there were a lot of 08s available on the lots only a couple months ago., but they are all gone now. Definitely a nice car with lots of great features and was worth the short wait.
  • plknjplknj Member Posts: 121
    Traci - it's a great car... a Lexus in sheep's clothing but you have to learn how to drive it to get the maximum mpg's. It completely changed my driving habits and I average between 38 and 41 mpg per tank. There are many older posts on driving tips... in a nutshell, it's learning how to accelerate easily and then coast... anticipate stops and do not over accelerate on starts... that was the very abridged version, you will find the posts go into much better detail than I.
  • bkushnerbkushner Member Posts: 10
    Whose economy is strong?
    right now the DFW area and others in TX are doing fairly well--
    home sales are happening---people are buying cars and eating out still--cars in Wal-Mart and Target lots and at the mall
    prices are higher in grocery stores and our gas pumps like everywhere else but we have not seen big layoffs--
    some of them are coming as the mortgage crunch is starting to hit home (they are closing a Citi Bank facility w/100 employees in my town this month)
    business constructions is still happening and there are new housing developments going in as well
    Thank Plknj,

My first tank of gas gave me 31.7 mpg. My second tank is showing 36.4 and above. I actually saw 40.3 ! Wow! I'm loving this car! Love all of the loaded goodies too!

When researching the car online, it says that you should get 580 miles per tank. We will see?

I'm starting out easy at the intersections now so wee will see what happens.

thanks for the driving tip :)
    Thank Plknj,

My first tank of gas gave me 31.7 mpg. My second tank is showing 36.4 and above. I actually saw 40.3 ! Wow! I'm loving this car! Love all of the loaded goodies too!

When researching the car online, it says that you should get 580 miles per tank. We will see?

I'm starting out easy at the intersections now so wee will see what happens.

thanks for the driving tips :)
    ...it says that you should get 580 miles per tank. We will see?
    If you're new read the old threads before you panic about the tank range. On empty you'll still have 3 gallons of gas so if you show empty at 500 miles yes indeed you can go to 580 most of the time. I typically fill up with about 14 gallons and 530+/- miles on the tank getting 38mpg, so if you're averaging 38+ mpg 600 is an easy target.
    got gas yesterday--new car 430 miles on the display--almost 14 gallons
    so the mpg was only 31--but we are still learning how to drive--my husband has been driving when we go together and he is little more heavy footed than I am

how much does the tank physically hold as full?
    The tank is 17.2 gallons.
    I'd make him ride in the passengers seat from now on :) . I drove in a rain storm at 80+ mph last weekend and got 32.5. Worst I've ever done. I'm not sure how anyone could get 31 unless it was deliberate :confuse:
  • imjcleckeyimjcleckey Member Posts: 7
    I was noticing your corrections on the mileage. On my TCH (Japan built, August 07) the speedometer is off by ~ 3 mph, but the odometer is accurate. I have compared the odometer to the mileage markers in Maine ( the whole 300 miles of Rt 95) in VT, and in Mass. It is off by less than .5% in all three states.

Also have question on tires, which is related to cost of ownership. I can't beleive how quickly the OEM tires have worn out - less than 25K on them. My sister put Pirelli's on hers when the OEM wore out at 20K miles ( not sure which model) and mileage went down by 2 mpg. The Michellins are expensive, and if they only last 25K miles, it works out to something like 3 cents / mile just for tires. Not to be picky, but I would like to maximize mpg, and have a quiet car. My local dealer says that they will only put on 'V' rated tires, as the suspension requires it. Do I have to put on V rated tires? Any suggestions from other owners on tires?
    I checked the odometer using a GPS unit. However even with 0.5% that's a couple of tenth's on your overall FE average.

I went through two sets of Bridgestones. I have a "Tires for Life" program with my dealer so I went ahead and replaced the originals with Bridgestones. They only lasted 23,000 miles as well. I asked them again this time to upgrade (at my cost) and have the Michellin's (I paid about $120 extra_ or my total cost for new tires) I like the ride and noise a lot better.

I don't necessarily understand the suspension comment unless the car simply needs a stiff sidewall due to the sustemnsion being so soft. I can imaging the ride getting any sloppier but perhaps it could. It's a shame they designed this car to need 60 series V rated tires. Surely there were low rolling resistant tires in a 70 series H rating. I'm just going to have to wait a couple of monts to see how the Mishellins hold up.

I'm at 48,000+ miles now. Milage dropped some as my wife stared driving it substantially on the interstate and during the winter (both not the TCH's sweet spot). However we're still around 37.3 mpg. Pretty incredible for a car this size.

My TCH is now at arounf 26 cents per mile for total cost ownership. That compares to 91 cents for my Expedition.
  • imjcleckeyimjcleckey Member Posts: 7
    I'm at 36.7 mpg average. I live in New England, and drive a lot to Maine, etc. In the dead of winter, the average drops to around 32 - 33. This is mostly due to the cold, but there are periods where the ski rack is on the car as well, and that really hurts the mileage. I tend to only leave it on when it is going to be used. Summer mpg is in the 40 mpg range - mostly highway. I drive about 69 mph on the highway.

All in all it's a great car. The tires that they chose are a big dissapointment though. Right now I'm living with noisy tires on their last legs (still legal, but getting to be a concern) until I can figure out what to put on it. Depending on how many miles I drive this summer, I may wait until next spring when I take the snow tires off to buy the next set of summer tires.

BTW, my total cost of ownership is in the $.36 range. 49K miles, $3695 for gas, $1100 maintenance (including $380 for snow tires, which are used for about half my miles), the rest is taxes and payments. I think I have paid down about the same amount as the deprecations ($10K). If I have to plunk down $750 for a set of Michelins (no free tires for life here), it will add another $1.5cent / mile.

Thanks for your input!.
    My total cost to own is lower because I not only bought in time for the $2600 Fed Tax credit but I got a state tax credit as wekll. However being a may 5, 2006 purchaser (first TCH in WV I believe) I paid almost MSRP. Buying today at invoice like many are doing should get me into a new TCH perhaps next year at close to the same overall deal I had on this one. I am curious to see what the next generation prius looks and rides like and if Lexus will come out with a non-performance hybrid model.
  • ldybetldybet Member Posts: 1
    I wanted the basic 2009 TCH, but none of the dealers I called had any in stock. The only 2009 TCH coming in were loaded. The dealer I went to had 2 on the lot, a White one with the Nav pkg. and a Gray one with the Bluetooth pkg. I did not want the Nav since I've read the Toyota Nav was not that good. Picked up my TCH 2 days ago. Last one on the lot. MSRP was $29,227 with the Bluetooth, alloy wheels, heated seats and mirror, leather trim, etc/,paid $27,857. I leased for 3/36000 miles and bought the Premier Prepaid Maint program. I'm wondering if I should cancel the maint. program of 5000/4mo interval and 15000 major since I only drive less than 11,000 miles per year. Any suggestions?
    If I leased one I would never worry about doing any more maintenance than is absolutely required. If you drive 11,000 miles a year you may never even have to do the 30,000 mile checkup (which for me was only $180).
  • plknjplknj Member Posts: 121
    It is time to buy new tires... my Michellin's have just about made 40,000. They came with the car and have performed well. My question is that on Tirerack.com I found other tires that people rated higher and were not as expensive as the Michellin. Are there tire recommendations that TCH owners should adhere to?
    As long as you stick the the same size you should have no problem. I usually want something with a high tread wear rating (which the Bridgestones did not). I believe both the tire choices on the TCH are low rolling resistance tires to help the FE. I'm not sure that a different tread design and composition would make too much of a difference, but then again 1mpg is fairly significant when you're obsessive like many of us are :)
  • fun4shoppingfun4shopping Member Posts: 5
    Anybody used the Goodyear Assurance ComforTred tires on their TCH. I had the Michelin on my CR-V replaced with Goodyear Assurance ComforTred. The new tires have less road noise. I am wondering if anyone uses the Goodyear Assurance ComforTred on their TCH and how do they perform(mgp, handling and etc...) on the TCH?
    :confuse:
  • lzclzc Member Posts: 483
    Here's an interesting article on the costs of replacing a hybrid battery. The costs are coming down. And in one case the battery failed on a car with 350,000 miles! Apparently, used hybrid batteries are selling on eBay.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/138808/page/1
    I just ordered a TCH and was wondering if anyone else out there has also recently ordered and what they are telling you as far as a delivery date.

I ordered on June 2 and was told I would have a VIN and build date in 2-3 weeks with delivery in 7-8 weeks. Others being told similar?
  • hmshahhmshah Member Posts: 13
    I am trying to buy a 2009 (2008 models are out) TCH in Houston, TX. I have following questions.

1) One of the dealers told me there is a waiting list on 09 TCH. Is that the case everywhere?

2) He also told me TCH are selling at MSRP ($25k base + taxes, fees, packages, etc.-no extra packages) I have not started negotiating yet, but wanted to get a feedback what would be a good price to pay. The invoice for 09 is $23k. Considering high demand of TCH is it hard to negotiate?

3) What is the best time to buy TCH from June to October

4) Are there any technical issues later with TCH, is it wise to buy the extended warranty?

5) Any other advise that you think might be helpful to me in getting a good deal.

Thank you all.
  • cmsgtzcmsgtz Member Posts: 4
    I'm near Buffalo NY. Three weeks ago I went and checked out the Prius. The only model on the lot was being prepped for a customer and the dealer let me test drive around the lot. After being told there was a 4 month wait (now 5 months), I placed a deposit on a 09 TCH (no hybrids on lot so I drove a 4cylinder, more comfortable than the Prius I thought). Forget about dealing on price, expect to pay MSRP. Best time to buy? Probably now since I personally do not see gas prices retreating. Oh yes, the 4 week wait for my 09 TCH is now 5 weeks. Since I'm trading in my 06 Magnum R/T AWD, guess I'll just grin and bear it. Good luck.
  • slbullslbull Member Posts: 2
    wvgasguy really knows what he is talking about. I have gone back to the old threads and read many of his postings on how to get more mpg while drivig the TCH. I have had my 2009 TCH for two weeks driving back and forth to work and some short highway trips to the market. I decided to fill up the tank last friday when the price of oil jumped up to $138 per barrel. I drove 439 miles and used up only 10.1 gallons for an actual mpg of 43.5. The tank average display showed 43.9 mpg so fairly close. I still have to learn more of the tricks and do know that I will not always be able to get this type of mileage.

Just wanted to thank all of you that provide useful tips to get the most out of a hybrid vehicle.
    Thanks for the compliment :blush:

I think one thing that is important to remember for you new TCH drivers is consider the level of obsession you want to have with your TCH.

If, like me you came from a car that got 16 mpg then you've already made a huge leap towards reducing your need on gasoline. I've had a 234% improvement in FE. Granted a 10% increase in effeciency is still 10% no matter what, but in terms of dollars, if you're getting 16 mpg and you go to 17.6 mpg, you just made a 10% improvement and if you drive 12,000 miles a year you will save 68 gallons of gas ($272/yr @ $4). If you moved up to a fuel effecient car like the TCH and you're getting 37 mpg, a 10% increase will need to get you to 40.7 and over that same 12,000 miles you only save 29 gallons ($116/year).

Once you're in a fuel effecient car you can see that striving to get from 37 to 38 or dropping to 35 is not really such a big deal. I like knowing if I want to I can get 40mpg by trying realllly hard or if I'm in a hurry and push the car a little I might drop to 35. In either case, it's a LOT better than the 16 I used to get.
  • nkaizernkaizer Member Posts: 25
    That's an interesting insight. I was getting 15 MPG before my TCH and sometimes try to nurse the gas to get hyper MPG 42-43. But it's hard. And sometimes, I live recklessly (when I'm in a hurry) and have a heavy foot. I get only 32-34 for that trip, but by your analysis, I shouldn't feel so bad, b/c I've already more than doubled the 15 mpg I was getting in the Infiniti. Cool
  • texasestexases Member Posts: 10,707
    "I shouldn't feel so bad, b/c I've already more than doubled the 15 mpg I was getting in the Infiniti."

Absolutely correct - you made the huge jump going to 15 or 'only' 32-34. Going from 15 to 33 saves you 545 gallons in 15,000 miles, while going from 33 to, say, 40 only saves about 80 gallons.
    I basically traded my FX45 even for a new TCH. I've been driving the TCH for 2 years and 1 month and with the tax credits (state and Federal) savings in fuel, insurance AND the lower payment my savings is over $16,000. I was able to pay my TCH off, which for me is not something I was use to doing with cars
  • hflorancehflorance Member Posts: 1
    Own a 2007, purchased Sept 2006, now has 37,000 miles. Very nice car - all the options (wife's car -she still hasn't figured out all the Nav extras). 2 problems worth mentioning. Tire tread life on the Bridgestones - about worn out with 90% highway driving AND they are VERY noisy. Got any recommendations for a quiet, smooth, replacement tire?

Second problem: Significant speedometer error: 4 MPH at nearly any speed! Calibrated error with radar. At 30 MPH, this is nearly a 15% overstatement, so if your average MPH is around that, your actual miles driven could be 85% of what is stated on the odometer. Factory says "within specs". Ha! There may be a way to re-calibrate - saw something in the Nav System screens.