Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pontiac G5 Coupe

2»

Comments

• micholdermicholder Member Posts: 1
    I have an 09 G5 and a 07 Tahoe. The G5 has the regular GM head unit with the single disc, the Tahoe has the 6disc head unit. I would like to put the 6disc in the G5. Is this going to be a problem?
  • 2doorpost2doorpost Member Posts: 74
    edited April 2012
    Since I've owned a G5 for awhile and bought a couple of Cobalts also- I'll
    chime in for a reply for you.....
    Comfort? Seat support is ok.....impossible to latch the seatbelt with the console down (or set the handbrake)
    Light headliner cleans up easy. Light seats in the Cobalt clean up ok.
    Carpeted floor mats wear thin quickly. Spend the bucks and switch to
    all weather mats.

XFE base tires are crap in snow- drive carefully until you wear them out
    and then invest in decent tires.

but all in all......its a cheap ride that will get you great MPG and decent service .
  • 2doorpost2doorpost Member Posts: 74
    If it is, the antenna is held on to the roof under the headliner by a locknut, the base of the antenna has a gasket. It may be loose and just need to be tightened. If you can get the headliner loose from the inside enough to swing a wrench on the locknut to tighten it down, that might be all it takes.
  • catprwlcatprwl Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    I need help with my Pontiac G5 the smell of Gas Vapors/Smell when I start and drive and shut off the car took it to two places one being a Dealer who says i need a new Cat Converter then took it to a personal mechanic who says its the flex hose that has a crack in it and can replace it cheaper then the Dealer anyone have the same problem or any info on this?
  • eliaselias Member Posts: 2,209
    catprwl, it's surely the hose from gas tank to the charcoal/evap canister, that's what the personal mechanic is talking about. believe that mechanic. it's a very common issue.
    catalytic converter can be ignored unless the car fails emissions test or car won't accelerate beyond 30 mph or so due to catalytic-converter-blocked
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148

A reporter would like to speak with a GM owner whose vehicle has been subject to the recent recalls, and whose vehicle has experienced sudden stalling. If you and your vehicle fit this criteria, please contact us at pr@edmunds.com by Friday, March 21, 2014.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

A reporter would like to speak to a GM owner whose car was part of the latest rounds of recalls and had all necessary recall work completed. If this is you, please send your daytime contact information to pr@edmunds.com no later than Tuesday, 4/15/14 at noon PT/3 p.m. ET.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

A reporter is looking for owners of Cobalts, G5s and Ions who have not yet gotten their ignition-switches replaced. Please email PR@edmunds.com before 11/21/14 to share your story.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR