Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volkswagen Rabbit Audio & Entertainment System Problems

2»

Comments

• eldainoeldaino Member Posts: 1,618
    its quite simple.

select cd, and then press that same button again. the screen should now say 'aux.'
  • grauerhase07grauerhase07 Member Posts: 2
    I've tried that multiple times, as well as holding down the cd button. I had to have a new radio installed because the first one wouldn't eject cd's, at this point I have to assume that the new one was not wired up properly. Back to the dealership, again....
  • eldainoeldaino Member Posts: 1,618
    sorry man. hopefully they can fix it.
  • steven39steven39 Member Posts: 636
    hi folks, iam also haveing the bass boosting on it's own in my 07 rabbit 4dr.also,my volume seems at times to adjust on it's own with the auto-volume feature in the off position.
    anyone else have the volume fade in and out on it's own???
  • lucynethellucynethel Member Posts: 81
    Just brought home my new 08 Rabbit 2 door. Even though I do NOT have an IPOD, bought the add on for it just to get the armrest. I DO have ( & used to always use) an MP3 player in my Yaris. I read someplace here about the jack for my MP3 player being in the right glove box? I can not find that sucker! Any better clues as to where an old crippled man like myself may find such a thing? 4 hours of driving this 6 speed auto tranny WABBIT around & I am STILL finding "gadgets" about every minute or two......But i can NOT find the darn jack for my MP3 player. Any info much appreciated.
    Lucy
  • shirotorishirotori Member Posts: 51
    The MP3 jack should be in the front right corner. I have an 07 Rabbit with the iPod adapter. However, the MP3 jack will not not work when the iPod adapter is installed. so unless this has changed with the 08s, you better buy an iPod if you wish to listen to music via an external player.
  • rv65rv65 Member Posts: 1,076
    A new iPod adaptor with USB is coming out maybe for 09. Also a new Navigation system is coming out. This new navigation system is touch screen and has a 30 GB HDD. No Maps are out yet but the Tiguan and Jetta sportwagen are the first to get it. MY09 is when this thing will debut. The hard drive also stores Music. Supports HDRadio, Sirius, Sirius Traffic, CD changers and more. SD card slot adds a nice touch. A new bluetooth unit will complement the unit. The new bluetooth module will integrate with the unit, MFD, and phone button. That requires programming. This unit is for a Skoda but VW could use it also. If you have a factory external CD changer or iPod adaptor then CD and AUX ground wire will have to be swapped to prevent distortion. The RNS-510 may require VAG-COM programming but the unit's aren't really avaliable in the US yet. It will come out with the maps. Maps from the current USA system wont work so yeah.

Also VW is going to release an RCD-510. This unit is like the RNS-510 but has no GPS unit. No hard drive but 6 disc cd changer and SD card slot. Works with the Skoda/VW BT unit and more.

Hope this helps.
  • rebe01rebe01 Member Posts: 1
    I did the same thing you did. I got the iPod adapter for the armrest, and i searched everywhere for the AUX input to the stereo. Unfortunately, they replace the AUX jack with a light in your glove box when they install the iPod adapter.

In short, you don't have an AUX jack, so you'll either have to use an iPod, or take it to the dealer and have them disconnect the iPod adapter and replace it with an AUX jack. Of course, make sure you request that they not remove the arm rest :). I am going to ask them how much this costs when i go in for my 5k service.
  • btetkowskibtetkowski Member Posts: 1
    I have problems playing cd's that I have burned. Older burned cd's that I have seem to work but I have recently burned a whole bunch and it always comes up as an error. Does anyone else have this problem?
  • sf2fla77sf2fla77 Member Posts: 1
    I'm having the exact same issue. I have tried burning as an audio cd, mp3, etc using two differant brands of cd's (stupid i know, but, i am ready to pull my hair out)

Anyone know what i might be doing wrong?
  • timo21timo21 Member Posts: 1
    I have this problem of the bass 'spiking' also on the radio in my 2007 Rabbit. Turns out there is a VW technical bulletin about it, and the dealer did a software update for the radio. It seemed to fix it so far, but I just had it fixed 5 days ago, so we will see, I guess. I thought I heard a small bass spike the other day, but nothing like it was before. It could have been the song or reception also.
  • crazedcommutercrazedcommuter Member Posts: 281
    My 2008 Rabbit's 2nd CD player just quit working again. I bought the car in June and the 1st CD player quit reading burned cd's first and 2 days later all cds. I called VW service and took it in. VW over nighted me a new unit and installed in about 20 minutes for free last October. Now this player has the same issues. No cd will play. What gives VW? Why are you installing el cheapo head unitis in the Rabbits? To save $ I guess. I've bought cheap Kraco's and Craig units in the past that never failed to play so these failures amaze me. Do all VW's have the same crap stereo?

The car has been other wise been flawless except for the crummy stereo.
  • alphonsealphonse Member Posts: 2
    First time event. After loading 6 cds into my 2006 rabbit, a "cdc hardware error" message came up on the display. Cds will not play in any slot nor can I eject. According to manual, it recommends visiting VW dealership. Has anyone experienced this prob? Does anyone have a fix without having to take into dealership?
    Thanks,
    Alphonse
  • alphonsealphonse Member Posts: 2
    I own a 2006 rabbit with factory stereo. CDchanger has gone "south". Need instructions to remove from dash. Does anyone have factory step by step instructions for removal or own experience on"how to properly remove" ?
    Thanks,
    alphonse
  • elle_kateelle_kate Member Posts: 1
    I just bought an '07 Rabbit last week (originally purchased at the end of Oct '06) and I can't find the aux port on it. I thought it came standard on these cars. Everything I've read online says that there should be one but I cannot find it. I don't have the iPod adapter, and there is a light in the glove box. On the left hand side near the top there's a little rubbery knob that turns and it seems like maybe this is where the aux should have been but it's definitely not an input. If it doesn't have it (which I'm suspecting) is it possible to get one installed at the dealer? (I have the upgraded head unit without satellite or nav if that makes a difference)

Thanks,

Ellen
This discussion has been closed.