Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lincoln Navigator

Comments

• I would definitely say go with the Navigator, I drive a 1999 Lincoln Navigator 4wd and love it. Like you said it has a classy interior but most impressive about the navigator to me is that I have had it for 6 years, put 160+ thousand miles on it and it still drives the same as we bought it. There has been no engine work done to it other than basic maintenance. We did have to replace the 4wd gear shift box, but other than that it has normal wear and tear on it. The plastic on a door handle came off, the door ajar light had to be replaced several times, and just other little things here and there broke but that's probably my fault. I am the first to admit that I drive my Navigator hard, it's been to hell and back and I have put it through some tough times but it held up. Every other car my family has owned has fallen apart. the only other company i would ever recommend based on experience would be jeep.
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    My 99 Nav was the same as yours - absolutely bullet proof, and tough as nails. Which is why I bought another one.
  • I understand that the Navigator will be redesigned for the 2007 year. Any word when that will come to market and what the redesign will be?
  • ANT14ANT14 Posts: 2,687
    Will include the T-1 architecture which will underpin the next F-150, Expy. etc. More powerful engine option, and extra toys as well.
  • breyesjbreyesj Posts: 1
    They family plan was extended to Sept 6th and they include now Navigators 2006... I just don't know if you can get the 2k back as before... I'll see this week.
  • gfr92ygfr92y Posts: 1
    Can someone tell me where the daylight sensor that controls the dusk-to-dawn lights is located on a 2005 Lincoln Navigator?

Thanks!

Steve
  • lbinhlbinh Posts: 190
    I think it is in the back of the rear view mirror.. :confuse: I will have to look for it when I get a chance.
  • lbinhlbinh Posts: 190
    Check for the advertised rebates. Check your local newspaper dealer adds to see their weekly specials and see what they are offering in addition to the Employee discounts. You still have the ~ $1200 hold back to bargain. You will get a better deal on 05s. Keep researching.
  • should be a better deal since its a new engine and transmission...

This si one of the most beautiful car you could buy today, at any price range, inside and out. The interior in particular is unbelievable.
  • Here in the burbs of Chi-town we have broken the $3 Mark and still only get ~12 MPG in the City. That 25 Cents a Mile, not exactly cheap. A trip to the Supermarket 5 Miles away cost $2.50.

Tough not to drive our new Navi, but it's darn right expensive.
  • The Price of gas could kill roomy and confortable cars. I just hope the new Navi's improoved fuel economy attracts buyers.

Otherwise they would be missing out on a very comfortable and beautiful SUV.
  • heyjewelheyjewel Posts: 1,046
    Out here in California, regular went to $2.99 to $3.19 last Wed. I paid $2.79 Tues nite. Wed morning, same station, same pump, same gas was $2.99. I was not putting the regular in my Nav, though I am considering it to save $$$s.

You're right, it's such a joy to drive the Navigator, but stopping at the gas pump is a major downer. Then again, what's the alternative? A minivan? A CRV? Not for me. At least not yet!
    It costs me $74 to fill the Gator up now. I was ok with keeping the Navigator, as I love it as well, up to about $3 per gallon. But since the lease is up soon, I think I'm going to give it back to Ford, and get a large Sedan instead. It'll give me 6 MPG more, and since I have to trade anyway..... I still have plenty of utility vehicles in the family fleet. Although I love the Navigator, the driving, room and versitility, I think I've finally reached my choke point. Plus, the value of the truck at the auction anyway, has plummetted by $6-7 thousand already.
  • mark156mark156 Posts: 1,992
    [fainted]............. waking up now..... nvbanker, I never thought I would here you saying you would give up the Navigator!

Mark :surprise:
    Neither did I - but I also didn't expect to see $3 gas this soon. It seems foolish to venture into another one at these prices, when I have another SUV in the fleet. One will do.
  • If Navigators are down so bad in the used market, meybe its a good time to buy one. If I save 6 - 7 thousand dollars vs. say a year ago, how much gas would this but even at 3.50 per gallon? even at $100 per fill up, that would mean 60 - 70 fill ups. If you get say 300 miles per tank thats 18000 - 21000 miles. About two years of FREE driving.

The only reason i am saying this is b/c the navi is so unbelievable and beautiful. It may be worth it. I guess it all depends on how you view the situation and what deal you get. What do you think?
    This is an Excellent time to buy a used Navigator. I think they're the coolest and best designed large SUV on the planet, and I will grieve to give mine up, frankly. But my wife won't drive it - too big for her taste - and although I use all of its utility at least once a week, I can use hers for the same needs, and get 6 mpg from a large sedan the Nav won't give me. But if you still need it, and want it, this is a killer time to get one.
  • what car does she have? with THAT much utility...
    She has a Mercury Mountaineer V8. It seats 7, has AWD, and will tow my toys. Just not as comfortably, or with as much style.
  • How much better is the milege?

I'll bet you guys would really be into the new explorer/mountaineer, since they have 292hp (vs 239) and better fuel economy, with a NAV now!

But hey, how much better does the new navi get than the current one?
  • akirbyakirby Posts: 7,740
    Somebody didn't read their membership agreement.
    The Mountaineer gets us 3 more MPG in town than the Gator. The Mountaineer is a good SUV. It's not big enough for me, but my wife loves it.
  • kourykoury Posts: 225
    What do you all recommend for tire pressure on Michelin Pilot LTX tires (the originals on my Navi '03)?

Thanks in advance.
  • akirbyakirby Posts: 7,740
    Never go below the mfrs recommended pressure and never go above the max pressure labeled on the tire. Lower pressures will ride softer - higher pressures will ride firmer but yield slightly better mpg and handling. Try 5 lbs over the mfr recommendation and see how it feels, then adjust up or down from there. Also remember to check for uneven tire wear frequently.
  • Hi, I'm a long time member, (2002) but have'nt posted in a while.
    I traded my 98 Nav for an early '03 with the CD based, joystick control Navigation system. Does anyone know if there is any reason I should NOT be able to swap out that system with the newer and current DVD touch screen system. There will probably be some wiring and harness differences but other than that...There is one on ebay right now and if I were sure of the compatability. I will be asking my dealer also but my faith in whatever their answer is.......well you've all had experience with dealers, service managers, etc.
    Ed (enskanker)
    I agree completely. I like my tires a bit firmer for the handling improvement. They don't squeal on turns that way. I run mine at about 40 on the navigator, 35 on the Mountaineer.
  • I have a 1998 Navigator with 278,000 miles on the original engine and tranny. Why doesn't Lincoln offer grill badges like Mercedes and other luxury cars for high mileage levels attained? My Navigator looks and runs like new in spite of hard driving and towing a 5,000 lb boat all summer, every summer and driving through the Adirondak woods every hunting season on dirt roads through deep snow etc. Am I the only guy that has thought about this? I hope not. :confuse:
  • herc76herc76 Posts: 52
    Hello! I have a couple of questions to ask. I have a 02 Navigator that has 54,000 miles on it, but still owe $25,000. I was trying to trade it in for 03 that has only 34,062 miles on it and the dealership is selling it for $25,999. I already know I'm upside down on my vehicle. The blue book is saying my vehicle is worth $18,490, but the dealership is saying my vehicle is worth $14,500 in their black book. Which does not make any sense at all when I look on-line I notice a lot of vehicle from the same year and about the same mileage is selling for $20,000. Now I know if I did a trade the will still end up selling the truck for around that price. The also was saying even though me and my wife have 700+ credit score that we still have a high interest. Any suggestions????
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,596
    Big SUV's values have taken a big hit recently and the books may be having trouble keeping up (link). And the dealer isn't going to pay the TMV for your '02 since they have to turn around, stick it on the lot in a slow season and eventually turn a profit on it. On the other hand, they probably don't have many lookers for that '03 either.

Try asking the pros over in Real-World Trade-In Values for a price.

You can also get a rate from a bank or credit union and take that to the dealer and invite them to match or beat it.

Steve, Host

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• herc76herc76 Posts: 52
    Thanks I appreciate it!