Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda RX-8 Performance Mods

southward_21southward_21 Member Posts: 4
edited July 2014 in Mazda
Wut are some good mods for a mazda rx8 that are cheap and have good result. Thanks

Comments

• southward_21southward_21 Member Posts: 4
    I've got 2 questions i could use yalls help on. I have a 2004 Mazda RX-8 and when i floor it it has a hesitation and takes a second to kick in. What can i do to prevent this. Also what can i do to take off the top speed limiter. Thanks
  • carguy09carguy09 Member Posts: 3
    Make sure to take your 8 into a certified Mazda mechanic as there have been some recalls and tweeks (including a new flash) that are not only available, Mazda is footing the bill! You should also get a free set of plugs installed and your p-train warranty has been extended.
  • oldtimer2oldtimer2 Member Posts: 19
    For those of us who want to tune our RX-8's for better performance, how do we obtain an ECM scanner, codes and flasher to monitor and make adjustments to the ECM. Who is the manufacture, and distributor of scanners and flashers that work with the RX-8 like used by Mazda mechanics or performance tuners ??? Thank You in advance for any help or leads one may be able to provide.......
  • mrrotarymrrotary Member Posts: 1
    I HAVE A 2004 RX-8, I PUT SOME OBX HEADERS & OBX EXHAUST,I ALSO HAVE A K&N TYPHOON FILTER SETUP WITH A RACING BEAT AIR DUCT SYSTEM,THE CAR PERFORMS GREAT. I BOUGHT THE HEADERS & EXHAUST & K&N TYPHOON FILTER ON E-BAY FOR A HELL OF A DEAL.NEXT I WANT TO PUT A LIGHTENED FLYWHEEL & A ACT CLUTCH,ALSO A HIGH FLOW CAT,LAST BUT NOT LEAST IM WAITING FOR COBB TUNING TO RELEASE THEIR ACCESSPORT FOR THE RX-8. WHITH ALL THIS DONE,THE CAR WILL PERFORM 100% BETTER THAN STOCK..... :shades:
  • jv4himjv4him Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone tell me wether they have had issues with poor fuel economy and major power loss. RX-8 is an 04 and is at approx. 32k. Dealer hasn't been able to figure it out after 3 trips there and now says its the cat converter, damage caused by me. ?????
  • paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    Unless you modified the car, it should still be covered under the emissions warranty.

-mike
  • darkpathdarkpath Member Posts: 4
    Under Federal law, even if you have modified the car, unless they can prove that your modifications caused the failure, they are legally required to honour the warranty.

For example, if you had a 3rd party tint your windows, and the MAF sensor failed, they can't blame the failure on the window tint. Also, under EPA2, the catalytic convertor is required to be able to last 100K miles. If it didn't, and they can not prove you made a modification that caused the failure, then they have no choice but to replace it under warranty. If they refuse, they are in violation of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.
  • paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    Right but if you did modifications to the engine or exhaust it would void that Cat-warranty.

-mike
    Motorsports and Modifications Host
  • crazyrxcrazyrx Member Posts: 1
    what if I've installed an after market intake, headers and a cat-back exhaust to my rx8 "05" will this viod the power train warranty?
  • drover06drover06 Member Posts: 1
    Hey everyone, I've had the OBX Headers for my '04 RX-8 for a few months, 'cuz no garage will put them on without instructions. When I ordered mine, they didnt come with instructions. Does anyone know where I can find at least an outline on how to install them? Or can somebody tell me? Pleaseee!!
  • nicola3nicola3 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am new with the RX8 2009 and I need some help to locate the PCV Valve hose to install a product that will give 10 HP more and save fuel by 22% and more. Can someone help with that issue?

Nicola
This discussion has been closed.