Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Tucson Heat and Air Conditioner Questions

238000238000 Member Posts: 48
edited March 2014 in Hyundai
Re: 2005 Tucson V6. My air conditioner works real well until I get about 75 miles into a trip, and then it produces less air, and sometimes the system shuts down, and won't turn on. The dealer can't figure it out, and wants me to leave the car so they can put 75 miles on it to see what the problem is. I think I'm giving up on it and will suffer through the heat wave. Also, when I took the car in, they said the ESC needed another reprogramming which they did. Has anybody had any experience with the stability control, and related systems?

Comments

• manikpopmanikpop Member Posts: 1
    The '06 Tucson I have has had 2 "reprogramming" problems. Today, another one. I was told that the error code stayed in the car's computer. We'll see when I bring it in next week.
  • jvanasekjvanasek Member Posts: 3
    What's the difference, if any, between these drives on a 2005 Tucson ?
    Seller of Tucson I may buy calls drive "4WD or AWD"--but the Carfax report onvehicle calls it "Front Wheel Drive."

What's going on here?
    Am I buying a true 4WD (as advertised) ?
    John V
  • mam5mam5 Member Posts: 1
    I purchased my 2007 Tucsan used in 2009 and immediately had a part replaced as the a/c did not work. The fan blew hot air.
    This week I have a similar problem. The fan blows hot air and suddenly the a/c will work. We checked hoses and don't see anything obvious.
    What could be the problem and will it be expensive to fix?
  • kmayes74kmayes74 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am having a problem with the blower motor on my '05 Tucson not always working when I start the car. Sometimes it will take a minute or two for air to start coming out. I am guessing there is a loose connection somewhere but have no clue where to start... I've never had to do electrical work on the car. Is this something I can track down myself or is it best to take it to a mechanic?
  • robwiacekrobwiacek Member Posts: 1
    This is the same issue I have with my 2005 Tuscon.
    In fact, I turned the fan knob so hard it popped off! Sometimes the AC goes on by itself, ostly not.
    For the longest time, I had to turn off the fan knob before shutting the car off. Then I'd be able to turn the fan back on.......NO LONGER!
    I tried to track down the issue but no luck. There's no way I'm taking this in to mechanic.....213,000+ miles on it.
    I might just try to take out the knob and by pass with an on-off swith.
    Wish i could help rather than comiserate.
  • yogyogstanyogyogstan Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2013 tucson 4wd limited here in UAE. I had a problem with the AC at 16500 which got fix with warrranty. After 1 month (more or less) AC is not working (cooling) again. It only blows hot air. Does anyone had the same issues with ACs?

• markd58markd58 Member Posts: 1
    We have 2005 and 2006 Tuscons and have had good experience with both. The 2006 A/C unit began working intermittently about a year ago as described above and in other online Tuscon A/C posts.

Our local mechanic checked and said that the problem appeared to be in A/C controller unit and suggested a salvage part from wrecking yard due to the high cost of new A/C controller. (Our mechanic's advice was consistent w/ a few online commenters who described the same Tuscon A/C problem.) I bought two used controllers over past year and was told by wrecking yards on each occasion that controllers are interchangeable among 2005-2009 Tuscons so long as the car does not have climate control option which mine doesn't.

After installing salvage yard units on both occasions the car's heating, fan, & vent functions worked properly except no A/C. Following another trip to local mechanic and to local Hyundai dealer (who narrowed problem to one of two possibilities) I learned that the 2006 Tuscon A/C controller is year specific and must be replaced w/ a matching 2006 controller.

Salvage yards continued to rely on interchangeability guideline and wouldn't guarantee that another used controller would be from a 2006 Tuscon so I bought OEM unit and installed today and A/C is working properly again. The salvage yard replacement part option still seems like the cheapest solution but the replacement controller must be a 2006 A/C controller. Don't know if this advice applies to all Tuscon model years.
  • barrybarrbarrybarr Member Posts: 1
    I have a2012 Tucsan with ac in the front only and was wondering if it was possible to add blowers for the rear seat passengers.
    if so is this difficult to do ms expensive.
    many thanks in advance
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    If you are a parent of young children (at least one under 12 years old) who owns a 2016 Hyundai Tucson, a reporter would like for you to fill out a survey, due by December 22, 2015, for use in a print publication. Click here for the survey http://bit.ly/1M6rOvA