Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Dodge Caliber Test Drive - What Did You Think?

2»

Comments

• dakota29803dakota29803 Member Posts: 56
    Today I finally got to touch, and drive, a Caliber. In a nutshell, I was disappointed. the car felt good and was comfortable, but although I am reasonably tall (5' 11"), I was unable to see any part of the car in front of the windshield wipers. At first, I thought the adjustable seat would help (the test car was an SE). But, when I sat in an RT and pumped the seat up 'til my head hit the sunroof, I still could see nothing. The Caliber has been almost removed from my list. I am now waiting for the Nissan Versa.
  • calibreathcalibreath Member Posts: 22
    I have owned Caravans :) for the last 11 years, so that is not a problem for me.
  • bolshoimacbolshoimac Member Posts: 3
    Yeah, I guess I'm confused too... I'm 6' tall and can't see the hood of a lot of cars, though I used to own an early-70s Datsun 280z... all you could see was hood :) Not sure I see that this merits removing a car from consideration. You get used to it very quickly.
  • dianicessdianicess Member Posts: 7
    I drive a Chevy Venture Minvan at work - can't see the hood at all. At least with the Caliber, you know it has a substantial one and it gets a 5 star front impact rating. You have to adapt to any vehicle you drive. I love height of the car-it's just right! Smooth ride!
  • dakota29803dakota29803 Member Posts: 56
    Well I have owned over 25 cars and trucks and on every one of them I could see the front fenders. I guess I am too old to learn to park by intuition. :(
  • neely2005neely2005 Member Posts: 70
    That's because like a lot of Chrysler Products the car has a "Cab Forward" Design which pushes the Cabin Further to the Front of the car to create more interior space. My Neon is the same, trust me you get used to it pretty quickly and it's a small price to pay for more interior space.
    A lot of new cars (all brands) are like this now.

BTW: I'm 6' 0" & I didn't find this to be a problem when I test drove the Caliber as I'm used to it from my Neon.
  • k3lli3k3lli3 Member Posts: 4
    Im in Canmore, Alberta ..... and want a Calibre .... but I dont want to wait. Any ideas how the local dealerships are doing in stocking them????

Oh yeah ..... I', a manual transmission tupe of girl too!! :D
  • bigtsrbigtsr Member Posts: 149
    Goto Dodge.ca locate retailers by inputting your postal
    code.
    You can look at retailer inventories and see what options
    each vehicle is equipped with and how much.
    Word of advice-if you don't want to wait for one then
    buy one on their lot,otherwise you could waiting for
    16 weeks on custom order as I have been doing.
    Good luck!!!
This discussion has been closed.