Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

MAZDA3: Official 2007 U.S. Info

shlamoshlamo Member Posts: 9
edited March 2014 in Mazda
The 2007 Mazda3 Sedans and Hatchbacks are starting to show up at dealers. I've been having an impossible time finding any information on these new models beyond what's on the Japan and Australia websites. I now have official documentation on the new models, packages, and pricing and have started this thread so that it can be discussed without all of the clutter from the previous 2006 topics.

From the dealer:
Mazda is pleased to announce that for the 2007 model year, the MAZDA3 gets even better with a design refresh on the 4-door and the 5-door, 7 new colors, available traction control and dynamic stability control on s Touring and Grand Touring models, and portable media (auxiliary) jack standard on all trims.

Initial production units are expected to begin arriving at dealerships in late summer 2006.

Exterior/Interior:
• Design refresh on 4-door and 5-door models.
• LED taillights standard on MAZDA3 Grand Touring sedan.
• Clear-leans taillights with silver color bezels on MAZDA3i.
• Gray interior color available on MAZDA3s models.
• Updated interior trims and fabric.

Functional:
• Rear center armrest with cup holders.
• Auxiliary jack standard on all MAZDA3 models.
• Additional 12V powerpoint in center console.
• Tire pressure monitor system standard on all MAZDA3 models.
• Dynamic stability control and Traction control system available on MAZDA3s Touring and Grand Touring.

Exterior Colors:
• New colors: Phantom Purple, True Red, Galaxy Gray, Ice Blue, Aurora Blue, Phantom Blue, and Crystal White.

Comments

• shlamoshlamo Member Posts: 9
    2007 MAZDA3s (2.3L 5-Door)

MAZDA3s Sport 5-Door
    a) M3H S P (s Sport M/T) -- $17,580 MSRP
    b) M3H S A (s Sport A/T) -- $18,530 MSRP

MAZDA3s Touring 5-Door
    a) M3H STR P (s Touring M/T) -- $18,325 MSRP
    b) M3H STR A (s Touring A/T) -- $19,275 MSRP

MAZDA 3s Grand Touring 5-Door
    a) M3H SGT P (s Grand Touring M/T) -- $19,795 MSRP
    b) M3H SGT A (s Grand Touring A/T) -- $20,745 MSRP

FACTORY PACKAGES
    2AB -- Front Side Airbags & Front/Rear Side Air Curtains
    1MC -- Power Moonroof with Sunshade, and In-Dash 6-Disc CD Changer -- $890 MSRP
    2MC -- Power Moonroof with Sunshade, and In-Dash 6-Disc CD Changer, and BOSE Audio -- $1,335 MSRP
    LS1 -- Leather Trimmed Seats (Black) -- $590 MSRP
    NV1 -- Navigation System -- $1,750 MSRP
    *JCP -- $200 paint charge for Crystal White Pearl (34K)

TRIM LEVEL EQUIPMENT
    Touring Model Includes: Sport Model Equipment plus Front Side Airbags & Front/Rear Side Air Curtains (2AB) and Dynamic stability control (DSC) and Traction Control (TCS).

Grand Touring Model Includes: Touring Model equipment plus leather trimmed seats, heated seats (driver & front passenger), automatic climate control driving information system (trip computer), auto on/off headlights, rain-sensing front windshield wipers, Xenon HID Headlights with Manual Leveling, Theft-Deterrent Security System, LED rear combination taillights.

*NOTE* Prices DO NOT include the destination fee which is $560.00 USD.
    2007 MAZDA3i (2.0L 4-Door)

MAZDA3i Sport 4-Door
    a) M3S I P (i Sport M/T) -- $13,795 MSRP
    b) M3S I A (i Sport A/T) -- $14,695 MSRP

MAZDA3i Touring 4-Door
    a) M3S ITR P (i Touring M/T) -- $16,155 MSRP
    b) M3S ITR A (i Touring A/T) -- $17,055 MSRP

FACTORY PACKAGES
    AC1 -- Manual Air Conditioner with Pollen Filter and Ambient (Outside) Temperature -- $880 MSRP
    1AB -- 4-Wheel Anti-Lock Brake System with EBD & Front Side Airbags & Front/Rear Side Air Curtains -- $395 MSRP

TRIM LEVEL EQUIPMENT
    Touring Model Includes: Sport Model Equipment plus Air Conditioning, Power Door Locks/Windows/Mirrors, Cruise Control, Keyless Entry, Driver's Seat Tilt/Height/Lumbar, 16" Aluminum Alloy Wheels with 205/55VR16 Tires, Front Tweeter (2) Speakers, Ambient Temperature Display, Steering Wheel Mounted Audio/Cruise Controls.

2007 MAZDA3s (2.3L 4-Door)

MAZDA3s Sport 4-Door
    a) M3S S P (s Sport M/T) -- $17,090 MSRP
    b) M3S S A (s Sport A/T) -- $18,040 MSRP

MAZDA3s Touring 4-Door
    a) M3S STR P (s Touring M/T) -- $18,325 MSRP
    b) M3S STR A (s Touring A/T) -- $19,275 MSRP

MAZDA 3s Grand Touring 4-Door
    a) M3S SGT P (s Grand Touring M/T) -- $19,795 MSRP
    b) M3S SGT A (s Grand Touring A/T) -- $20,745 MSRP

FACTORY PACKAGES
    2AB -- Front Side Airbags & Front/Rear Side Air Curtains
    2MC -- Power Moonroof with Sunshade, and In-Dash 6-Disc CD Changer, and BOSE Audio -- $1,335 MSRP
    LS1 -- Leather Trimmed Seats (Black) -- $590 MSRP
    NV1 -- Navigation System -- $1,750 MSRP
    *JCP -- $200 paint charge for Crystal White Pearl (34K)

TRIM LEVEL EQUIPMENT
    Touring Model Includes: Sport Model Equipment plus Front Side Airbags & Front/Rear Side Air Curtains (2AB) and Dynamic stability control (DSC) and Traction Control (TCS).

Grand Touring Model Includes: Touring Model equipment plus (LS1) leather trimmed seats, heated seats (driver & front passenger), automatic climate control driving information system (trip computer), auto on/off headlights, rain-sensing front windshield wipers, Xenon HID Headlights with Manual Leveling, Theft-Deterrent Security System, LED rear combination taillights.

2007 MAZDASPEED3

MAZDASPEED3
    a) MP3 SSP P (MAZDASPEED3 Sport) -- $22,240 MSRP
    b) MP3 SGT P (MAZDASPEED3 Grand Touring) -- $23,955 MSRP

FACTORY PACKAGES
    LS1 (BP9) -- Leather Trimmed Seats (Black) -- Available as STD on Grand Touring ONLY
    NV1 -- Navigation System (Available on Grand Touring) -- $1,715 MSRP

TRIM LEVEL EQUIPMENT
    Grand Touring Model Includes: Sport Model Equipment plus leather seat bolsters, BOSE audio system with 7 speakers and 6CD changer, Xenon headlamps, LED tail lights, rain sensing front wipers, auto on/off headlamps, driving information system (trip computer), and anti theft alarm.

The dealers have told me that the MAZDA3s 5-Doors will be arriving in 1-2 weeks. There have already been reports of these on the lot, so check with your local dealer.

The MAZDA3i and the MAZDA3s 4-Doors are also on their way and should arrive in 4 to 6 weeks (or less).
  • thor19thor19 Member Posts: 2
    I just drove a 2007 Mazda 3 4dr I touring 5spd. It was shimmering silver metalic, ABS, Moon Roof, 6-cd side airbags, spoiler. Was a nice ride and very sharp looking.
    I would buy it right now, but I'm waiting for some colors to show up. They are being very tight on showing us what phantom blue or purple looks like. The dealer can't even show me the new colors on paper on online. I've searched myself and can only see gray. Anyone have a spot to see these new colors?
    Thanks
    -Thor
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Member Posts: 3,159
    Phantom Blue is a color currently used on the Mazda5, which your dealer should have, unless he is out.

Phantom Purple I believe is the replacement for Strato Blue, I have yet to see the color. On the Mazda color sheet, it looks like a plum, or a raisin.

Aurora Blue is very close to the Lapis Blue found on 2003-2006 Mazda6.

Galaxy Gray is on the 06 MX-5, 07 CX-7. Dealers should have those in stock.

True Red is found on the 06 MX-5

Ice Blue is also found on the CX-7, your local dealer may or may not have that in stock.

Crystal White is the replacement for White Water Pearl.
    This is the Phantom Purple:
  • thor19thor19 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info. I like the phantom purple and the Aurora blue. I need to see the Phantom Blue to make my choice. :shades:
  • cleve57cleve57 Member Posts: 1
    I'm considering the purchase of a 2007 sedan with the 2.3 and automatic. The local dealers inventory search seem to indicate that the 2007 will require Premium Fuel. The following link seems to agree. http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/23183.shtml
    Can anyone confirm this?
  • dgreene196dgreene196 Member Posts: 1
    Based on the link you posted, I think those numbers refer to the Mazdaspeed 3 rather than the regular Mazda3. It mentions a turbocharged engine, and the estimated mileage (20/28) is equivalent to the numbers I've seen posted for the Mazdaspeed.

The regular sedan or hatchback should use regular fuel.
  • v_dv_d Member Posts: 89
    nice nice nice new rims... got more pics?
    thx
  • karend3karend3 Member Posts: 7
    :) The first official info I've come across for the 2007 Mazda's is on their official site: www.mazdausa.com
    -click tab "INSIDE MAZDA"
    -click on "News from Mazda" from dropdown menu
    -click on "View News from Mazda" arrow, on right-hand side
    -Click "Product" tab along the top
    -then click on specific model you want
    I clicked on Mazda 3 and a page came up with into titled "2007 Mazda Mazda 3 Overview"
  • ptchangptchang Member Posts: 7
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but this information has been up at that "Ford" page for at least 6 months.

I am still waiting for NEW information on the Mazda website.
  • v_dv_d Member Posts: 89
    they`re really slow on this.. really slow... Mazda Canada doesn`t even have a News section, should i guess they don`t really care or what? :confuse:
  • gottabgtogottabgto Member Posts: 95
    Thanks for starting this. I'm waiting for the 07's - been told by multiple dealers "end of August".
    Anyone know if they will charge extra for the white as they did on the 06? Dealers unwilling to answer that one.
  • reynard6reynard6 Member Posts: 4
    This is my first posting to Edmunds. I didnt know if I should have clicked "respond" or "start a new thread" but here goes. First, I must add my thanks for starting a 2007 thread. Like many of you, Ive had a very hard time finding info on the '07 models. This thread is perrfect!
    Here is my question/concern: We are ready to buy but the problem is color. I, and especially my wife, do not like metallic colors. And the Mazda micas are ultra metallic looking. (I know, we're the minority, most love metallic.) Are there any colors besides the true red that are not metallic? We'd buy this instant if we could find a regular white or black. It's important enough to my wife that it could kill the whole deal and send us looking at a Honda Fit again--despite the fact that they are adding a grand to the MSRP(trying to add $2K.) Or, we might look at a 2005 model.
    Any suggestions?
    I spoke to a dealer today and he said he had 12 come in late last week and they sold 6 over the weekend. He says the grey is the hot color (not what I'm looking for).
    So - sounds like they are hitting the dealerships - I'm in No. Ca. I understand they have a plant in Irvine, Ca. so we may be seeing them a little earlier here on the West coast.
    Anyone know if the blue/black sport seats are still available like in the 06? I never liked the red/black I was always seeing, but never actually saw the blue seat in person. Anyone seen then or has them and want to commnet about them - do you like them?
    I never liked the red/blue coloring on the seats either. I got a 2007 Mazda 3i Touring and the seats are black with a touch of gray on the seats and on the cloth above the door handles. They look much better than the funky blue/red. I know they're offering the gray this year in addition to the blue/red because it's more traditional and less faux sporty.
    The "Ice Blue" has shown up in lists as one of the new 07 colors for Mazda3. However, three days ago I talked to a dealer on the phone and his "official dealer info" (whatever that is) does not include Ice Blue. Anyone know what's real anymore?? (ha) :confuse:
    My "official" eyes tell me that ice blue is indeed a color for the 07 Mazda3's. I saw and drove a sedan in ice blue. I rather liked the color but we want a non-metallic color.

I asked this a couple of posts above this: Is there any non-metallic color in the '07s besides the true red? (true red, by the way, is not even close to true red. Its orange-red. Better name would be tomato red.)

I know there is metallic pearl white that can be had for extra $, but isn't there just a plain white?
    How can Mazda not offer just white?!
    I know there is metallic pearl white that can be had for extra $, but isn't there just a plain white?
    How can Mazda not offer just white?!

I beleive if you get the Mazda3 i you can get Rally White. No charge paint, not metallic or mica.
    I beleive if you get the Mazda3 i you can get Rally White. No charge paint, not metallic or mica.

Sorry, I was not specific with my question. I want a non-metallic, non-mica in the 2007 Mazda3 S hatchback. Has anybody seen or heard of what, if any, colors are offered in 2007 that are not metallic?
    Well, I have the sad answer to my own question. Aside from the "true red" (its orange-red actually), all the colors for the 2007 S models are in metallic/mica paint. I know most drool over metallics but doesn't anybody else in the world think they look like glitter was sprinkled on the wet paint? I'm sorry for sounding judgemental. Im disappointed so I'm venting.

Does it ever happen that a car company adds colors before next model year?
    Also, do you want to sell your 2005 or 06 Mazda 3 in say, rally white?! Or black?!
    I've been lagging on this and here it is the weekend that I may solicit bids from 2 or 3 dealers. I understand the MSRP on the 07 Mazda 3s Touring is $19,275 (which I believe is identical nationwide) and the destination fee for my area (central California) is $560.
    I've been lagging on this and here it is the weekend that I may solicit bids from 2 or 3 dealers. I understand the MSRP on the 07 Mazda 3s Touring is $19,275 (which I believe is identical nationwide) and the destination fee for my area (central California) is $560.

I want to make a single figure (OTD)out-the-door offer and let the dealer distribute the amount of the check to whatever "fees" or "actual price of the car" that he wants to. I'm not wanting to get into the negotiate this/negotiate that.

Facts are I have about 8 accessories / options (i.e. moonroof, rear wing spoiler) I want added that total about $1,700 at invoice cost.
    So we're at:
    $19,275 MSRP (Mazda 3s Touring 4-dr. A/T)
    $ 1,700 Accessories (invoice)
    $ 560 Destination
    --------
    $21,535

So, considering all the fees they try to add, plus holdback and dealer's incentives and "secret" profit they may get, plus the fact I want the car for as little cost to me as possible, but a REASONABLE, FAIR profit for the dealer, WHAT WOULD BE CONSIDERED A FAIR o-t-d OFFER??

I may have to order my specific car as there are few on the lets already. Any advice on the ordering procedure?? (deposit, etc.)

I would appreciate several replies, from both shoppers, buyers AND dealers. Thanks in advance.
    The 2007 white is called Crystal white and it is not an additional charge. The 06 was Whitewater Pearl Mica and it was an additional $200. I'm trying to find an 07 grand touring white automatic. So far no luck and I'm not going to be overcharged because they are are slow in getting them out. The dealers all act like I'm looking for a 'rare car'. I'll wait - but I wish they'd get with it!
    It's a Mazda, not a Honda or a Toyota. You'd be looking at $500-$1000 over invoice for most dealers and possibly at invoice for others if they're reasonable. You can always walk away if it's not working out for you at a dealer.
  • brink13brink13 Member Posts: 1
    They look ok... similar to the CX7 rims... But does anyone know if we can still option for the 5 spoke rims that were on the 06's? I'm digging the new colors, but not really the new wheels...
  • mpg60mpg60 Member Posts: 71
    I disagree with your comment on the 3 not having the 200.00 extra charge for the crystal white pearl.. This same color is offered on the new CX-7 and yes, there is a 200.00 extra charge.
  • spinzspinz Member Posts: 8
    You can if you wish. I trying to get the 07 Grand Touring but the dealer will charge me to swap the rims for a 06. Also, what do you is the best deal for a hot car like the 07 grey, grand touring with auto trans and sunroof/6 cd package? The price the dealer is offering me is $24,000. What do you think considering all the 06 titanium grays are all sold out and the grays for 07 are selling like crazy and the dealers in Northern California are charging top dollars for these cars.
  • audia8qaudia8q Member Posts: 3,138
    The 2007 white is called Crystal white and it is not an additional charge

Wrong information. Crystal white is a pearl paint and it's $200.
    I'm trying to find an 07 grand touring white automatic. So far no luck and I'm not going to be overcharged because they are are slow in getting them out. The dealers all act like I'm looking for a 'rare car'. I'll wait - but I wish they'd get with it!

I hate to break it to you, but, you ARE looking for a rare car. All dealers custom order all their inventory, with the acecption of a few gimmies from the port, and I can tell you that a white Mazda3 is rare. Not many dealers order them.

In MY 2006, I had to locate a Mazda3 GT in Whitewater pearl and the closest was 300 miles away, and this was in the winter. So, Mazda3 supply was plentiful then.
  • johnnyvjjohnnyvj Member Posts: 112
    You're not the only one not digging the new wheels. I think they look kinda crappy, personally. :(

The '06 5-spokers, on the other hand, looked great. Why did Mazda have to RUIN a good thing? Ditto on the 'mesh' grill replacing the slat grill for '07 for much of the Mazda3 lineup. Looks especially like a styling downgrade on the 5-door!

Boo Mazda, you're making me eye Civics and Fits again. And all you had to do was leave the (great) styling and wheels alone. I guess if it ain't broke, break it. :sick:
    Hmm, I actually think it looks more refined and sexy. The galaxy gray looks great on the new 3. Im going to upgrade to a GT this year, maybe in May of 07 once I have had a chance to view what color options are available. And the new gray interior is really nice.
    Don't forget to check out the Mazdaspeed3. It's not much more then the Mazda3 GT.
  • johnnyvjjohnnyvj Member Posts: 112
    Yep, the mesh grill is more refined and sexy. That's why its on the MazdaSpeed3, aka the top of the line Mazda3. Oh wait.. its not. Its got the slat grill. And non-goofy-looking rims too.

I don't mind the MazdaSpeed3 lookin' great. I just wish they hadn't made the 5-door S look worse to make the MS3 look better. :(

On the plus side, I do agree with you about the Galaxy Gray.
    Hey All,

The Mazda web site is now set for someone to build a model. It is interesting to note that total horsepower at summary end is rated at 274. Check it out for yourself
  • kronogoosekronogoose Member Posts: 116
    Are you located in the US?

I just visited the Mazda USA site, and there was no option, either from the "Build A Vehicle" link on the home page, or on the "Wild Child" site, to build an MS3.

I did check the Features and Specs page, which shows peak HP at 263 and peak torque at 280. This has been recently updated, as the last time I checked it showed peak HP as "TBD" (to be determined). I believe the current issue of Sport Compact Car reported 263 HP.

Where you building an MS6 instead? It's peak HP is 274.

Let's hope for some more reviews--SOON!

Thanks,

Greg
  • kronogoosekronogoose Member Posts: 116
    It was interesting to compare the EPA MPG estimate for the MS3 and MS6...the MS3 is rated at 20 city/28 hwy and the MS6 at 19/25. I guess the lower weight and torque management on the MS3 really do make a difference.

Greg
    Hi,

The link is there. I am in Atl GA.. It is too the left under the wildchild link in the black and white section under shopping tools. I may have spoken to early though on the HP. The main wildchild page states 263. But I am not sure why they don't translate that to the summary on the build your own link. When you get to the end for viewing the summary of what you just built it states 274hp. They are messing with us. I know it.
    MAZDASPEED3 Grand Touring Model

Destination Fee $595

274-hp 2.3L DOHC 16-valve inline 4-cylinder Standard

Front-Wheel Drive Standard

6-Spd Manual $23,955 Standard

$595

Standard

Standard

Standard
    The MS3 has 263bhp, not 274bhp.
  • dc_driverdc_driver Member Posts: 712
    I think he is pulling that info directly from Mazda.. Maybe they need to update their website if they are wrong..
    I have read the Mazda site, I did not see what he saw. Maybe i will comb through it again...
  • rorrrorr Member Posts: 3,630
    "I have read the Mazda site, I did not see what he saw. Maybe i will comb through it again..."

I found it.

Kinda funny (but I'll bet it's a glitch).

Go to the Mazdaspeed3 'wild child' page.

On the left hand side (under shopping tools) select "Build a Mazdaspeed3".

Select the trim (sport or Grand Touring), color, and then options until you get to the last page ("Summary").

On the left hand side you'll see "print window sticker". Select that.

A little window pops up with 'your' Mazdaspeed3 window sticker showing trim/colors/yada yada yada.

ON THAT WINDOW STICKER, under "engine" it says "274hp"

It also lists the mileage as 20/26 on that 'window sticker' which doesn't agree with the 20/28 number listed elsewhere. I think all that was found was a typo. BFD.

Like it really REALLY matters whether it is 'rated' at 274hp or 263hp. It is what it is. I don't know too many people saying "gee, I'd buy one if it only had 274hp instead of 263hp".
  • dc_driverdc_driver Member Posts: 712
    "Like it really REALLY matters whether it is 'rated' at 274hp or 263hp. It is what it is. I don't know too many people saying "gee, I'd buy one if it only had 274hp instead of 263hp".

I totally agree with you, but Mazda has misstated HP numbers in the past and got a black eye for it.

Personally, I would take either HP numbers in my Mazda3...
  • rorrrorr Member Posts: 3,630
    "I totally agree with you, but Mazda has misstated HP numbers in the past and got a black eye for it."

Then perhaps they should rate it conservatively and not get into a numbers game.
    The current Car and Driver has driven the Mazdaspeed3 to a speedy 5.3 0-60 time! So much for all that talk about the car doing 6.0 0-60!
This discussion has been closed.