Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Santa Fe New Owners

12346»

Comments

• andrasandras Member Posts: 2
    i bought an 08 santafe in december 07 and altho the consumption was once down to around 8 l/100km, it has come back soon after to about 11.5 and stayed the same for over 2 years now. i don't. know how they get the low consumption figures.
  • dz302dz302 Member Posts: 26
    We bought our '07 Santa Fe in Aug. of '06. It has the 3.3 l V6. When we first purchased it, we noticed that the fuel mileage was not impressive at all. However, after around 5K kms, It started to get much better. We usually get between 475 and 500 kms per tank, and it usually takes around 60-65 l to fill. This equates to about 7.7 l / 100 kms. (If I'm doing this right. I still like MPG myself. About 22 MPimperial gallon). This is all city driving too, so I don't think that's too bad. I know we get better than 30 MPG on the highway. Checked it during our summer vacation. We now have a little over 74K kms. on it, and the fuel consumption has pretty much stayed the same over the last 4 years. Give your Santee a few more thousand K's to break in further, and I'm sure you'll notice a difference. Of course the way you drive directly effects milage as well. If you drive like John Force during the final round at Pomana, your mileage will suck.
  • somedai1somedai1 Member Posts: 416
    i'm not really happy with the fuel economy - I have the '07 Limited AWD - the best i see is on a long hwy trip 24mpg but in general it usually gets 17mpg... hoping to get more when I do the tune up - most likely will not use what came from the factory!
  • chalpinchalpin Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,

I've been reading through the message board today and am confused about a few things people have brought up. Also, I sometimes see conflicting answers to some of my below questions. I appreciate all the help and answers I can get!

We've bought a new Santa Fe 2011 SE without Nav and will be picking it up this Friday. We're really looking forward to it!

1. Has anyone had trouble with the 7500 mile/6 month oil change not being frequent enough?

2. I see some people say Hyundai requires annual brake dismantling and cleaning. I don't see this on the Santa Fe's maintenance schedule. Is this really on the maintenance list?

3. I've seen some people have trouble with the iPhone 4 and the bluetooth connection. Are there any known problems everyone is having?

4. What kind of values are you guys getting for their "guaranteed trade in value"? I think this is a new program. We forgot to ask about it but will do so when we pick up the car.

5. We signed on the car on the promise that the dealer would throw in a cargo cover/screen. I didn't even imagine Hyundai may not make one since I see the grooves it would fit into, however research now tells me otherwise. I hear Hyundai Canada produces and sells them I see there's conflicting information on whether they fit properly. This may actually be a deal-breaker for us. If there's no option to cover cargo nicely, we may want to back out of the whole deal - what do you guys think?

6. What dealer settings are available? For example, I understand there's an option to have the doors automatically unlock when the car is put in park, the key is turned to the off position, or never. (I'm leaning towards the key=off setting). Are there any other settings you can recommend?

7. Is there any way to test to make sure the vehicle (SE, no Nav) has the most recent software (bluetooth and otherwise)?

Thanks all!
  • denvertrakkerdenvertrakker Member Posts: 132
    I have the cargo screen on my '08, which of course is essentially the same as your vehicle. It works well, although it's not the most elegant solution. The problem is caused by the way it attaches to the second row seats, which fold - so that part has to be detachable. I don't really see any other way they could have done it with that design, but it is a bit rinky-dink. I'm satisfied with it though.
This discussion has been closed.