Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pontiac G6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• cmouchacmoucha Member Posts: 2
    I leased my G6 in September of 2005. It has been in for service 15 time in the 15 months I have had it. I have been stranded twice, paint issues, black spot in middle of hood 3 weeks after I got it, clear coat peeling off. The clutch sensor has been replaced 2 times, body control module once, speedometer sensor once. The sunroof has leaked on 3 separate occasions. The car is at the dealers at this time because on 12/12/2006 the clutch went in it. It has been there for over a week with no end in site, because they cannot find a clutch!!! GM refuses to take the car back or even replace it. They have offered me to skip a few car payments and their last offer was an extended 72 month bumper to bumper warranty. If they bothered to read my file, they would know the car is leased for 3 years and already has this warranty!!!! I am at my wits end with them. I am going to file with the Better Business Bureau Autoline to try to get some help. If anyone has had these issues or know anything else I can do, please let me know. I will never buy another GM product again. I thought I bought the car of my dreams, instead it has been a nightmare from the first week I got the car.
  • dmrbooksdmrbooks Member Posts: 1
    wow! I was so excited when I found this car. My Volvo convertible's lease is up so I thought this might be a great replacement. Your story is a nightmare.
  • fenwahfenwah Member Posts: 58
    I received a voice mail from the owner of the dealership. Apparently due to my lack of response, he's now playing...which I don't consider a bad thing whatsoever. My guess is that this car has been sitting on their lot for quite sometime now and they just want to get rid of it. At any rate, they are giving me a 7% discount over the MSRP. I have received a few other responses from dealers offering 9% off the MSRP.

Here is one that I received today (MSRP was $26,105 inc/dest)...
    Red Tag Discount - $2352
    OTD price w/ 0% financing is $25,253.93
    OTD price w/ $1000 cash back is $24,253.93

Factor in that I have over $3k on my GM Credit Card earnings and another $1k earnings on a Citibank Drivers Edge card, then that drops the price down to ~$21k (since I plan on taking the 0% financing for 60 months).

Still haven't made up my mind though...plan on giving the owner a call to see what he says.
  • jack15jack15 Member Posts: 25
    2007 G6 Convertible
    MSRP 32,250
    Discount 1,439
    Rebates 1,500
    Out the Door 29,311

Anyone out there care to share gas mileage stories on the 3.9 that comes with this car ?
    MSRP - $33,209
    Red tagged at $30,295
    When you say out the door, are you adding tax/title/license.
    Sorry, my bad.
    Tax, Title, License were extra. I guess I meant sale price. I think the best part, was what they gave me for my trade, working lower still from the 29,311 figure.
  • novanova Member Posts: 135
    I never heard of the city bank card. Is it like the GM card 5% back. Were should I look to get one?. I am a car nut and allways buying new cars. THANKS FROM FL.
  • padriver1padriver1 Member Posts: 4
    You asked about gas mileage..

I do mostly (75%) highway driving, and gas mileage gage sits around 22.5, unless I am doing 100% highway and then it will get 24-24.5MPG.
    3.5 or 3.9 engine ?
    Auto or manual ?
    Citibank Driver's Edge Credit Card. Just go to the citibank.com website for details.
    I just worked my way to a 2006 Pontiac G6 GTP sedan.

6 speed manual
    Leather Package -- $1265
    Premium Value Package w/ Sunroof -- $1650
    Total Package Savings -- ($500)

MSRP (incl dest) --> $26,105

I got it at $23,000($1400 under invoice) - $2500 rebates - $3300 GM Card Credit for $17,200 + TTL

That just seems too good to pass up. What to do...what to do.
  • redsfan1redsfan1 Member Posts: 58
    I am pretty set on buying a Honda Accord. I have owned a Chevy Monto Carlo and had lots of problems. However, looks wise the Pontiac G6 is younger and hotter than an accord. I would probably get a 2007, my dad has a GM card and is willing to give me money towards this car so he can use his points up. He has no need for them.

Anyway, my question to everyone is regarding their G6 sedan? Are you happy w/it?
  • gasman1gasman1 Member Posts: 321
    The one I bought was for my daughter. She LOVES it! I think it's to small and has to many blind spots. However, she's 20 and I'm almost 50.
  • gaf624gaf624 Member Posts: 1
    signed for 07 G6 4 door- 6 cyl with sport package for 39 mos with $595.00 down for $248.96 with florida sales tax- 39 mos with 12000 miles.

now I am asked to resign at only 10,000 miles per year-
    what gives-???

Please advise
  • sargondizzosargondizzo Member Posts: 20
    I am looking to lease a Pontiac GT G6 Convertible with Premium Pkg. with a MSRP of 29,969 for 3 years/10k miles with nothing out of pocket (sign and drive.) This is the deal they want to give me for nothing out of pocket...$411 a month. Is this a good deal? I'm looking to do this ASAP if you think this is a good deal.

Thanks
    -Stacy
  • sargondizzosargondizzo Member Posts: 20
    I am wrong the MSRP is 30,960 and the buyout is $17,337.

Please advise!!
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    I just bought my daughter an 07 G6 1SV for $500 under invoice with 60/0% and free floor mats. This deal included the Conquest rebate of $500. The dealer, Suttle Motors, is located in Newport News, VA. We had a pressure-free, cordial, buying experience. To top it all off, the dreaded "dealer processing fee" was only $75.
  • jvonderhjvonderh Member Posts: 4
    I bought my G6 two weeks ago at Royal Pontiac in Sussex, N.j. and couldn't be happier.
    Mine has the premium package, side air bags and the adjustable pedals and is granite with the ebony-morocco interior. Total list on the car was 31,200. They sold me the car for 30k less a $1000 rebate, a $500 presidents day sale cash, a $1000 Conquest rebate (I owned a honda), $1000 in GM Card dollars and a bonus $1500 in GM Card Dollars...a Total of $6200 off the sticker. The buying experience was upfront, honest and with no games being played.
    Now for the icing on the cake. Shortly after driving the car off of the lot, the car developed a rattle in the roof. In addition, the roof wouldn't open when I arrived home. Needless to say, I returned to the dealer the next day. They were extremely apologetic, both the Sales Manager and General Manager, in addition to my salesman, talked to me and assured me it would be taken care. They immediately gave me a loaner car, kept my car for a few days and repaired both the roof and the rattle. For my trouble, they arranged w the Pontiac factory rep to extend my 36000 mile bumper to bumper warranty to 60,000 miles. (and paid for the all weather mats I had ordered).
    A great deal, a fantastic customer focus, and a super car...a great combination.
  • um30um30 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Could anybody tell me if this sounds like a good deal:
    $5,600 downpayment ($2,200 cash and $3,300 GM card points)
    $150 per month including taxes (in CA 8.25%)
    15k miles
    Pontiac G6 V6 non-GT almost $4000 in options

Thank you!
  • hal56hal56 Member Posts: 94
    I went shopping for the g6 convertible with a sticker price of 32,375--down payment of 2800, rebates of 1k, the monthly paymnet is 440. With buy out at 17,800 and 12k miles.

Vs I can buy the car zero interest for 3 years and see what I get for it at the end of 3 years.

Implicit is a 7.1% money rate on the lease.

Comments please. ?
  • andyking18andyking18 Member Posts: 16
    Hey Car_man, this is my first time leasing a car. I am looking into the Pontiac G6 convertible among other cars. I am seriously considering the the G6 hardtop convertible, fully fully loaded, (leather, xm radio, side impact airbags, etc...). I will be leasing the car in Miami, and I have tier one credit. I would prefer a 2 year lease, although if it makes that much of a difference in price I would take a 3 year lease. After all is said and done (taxes, fees, etc.) approximately how much should I expect to pay per month?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi um30. It is a great idea to use your GM card points to make a down payment on your lease, however I always advise consumers against making cash down payments on leases. You would be better off holding onto the $2,200 that you are using to make a capitalized cost reduction. The main reason that I advise consumers against making down payments on leased vehicles is if your car is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered, your down payment essentially disappears.

You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello hal56. The lease rate that you were quoted for this car is way too high. GMAC's base lease rate for a 36 month lease of this car is only 3.0% right now. Make sure that this is the lease rate that the dealer you lease from uses to calculate your vehicle's monthly payment. The other negotiable aspect of this deal is your car's selling price. Make sure to find out what this number is before agreeing to any deal. Feel free to post the selling price in this discussion and I will gladly give you my opinion on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hwy andyking18. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to work up a sample lease payment on the car that you are interested in for you if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • hal56hal56 Member Posts: 94
    i probably will end up buying the car and using the zero% financing GM offers as the zero% is not flowing thru to the lease--if the dealer does come back and offer cheap money cost in the lease I will obviously reconsider--I will see what te dealer says today

car price was good and can get a little better and the dealer already said he will reduce a bit more--its a game we have to play.
  • budmantombudmantom Member Posts: 33
    Sounds like a great deal, how did you get the $1500 bonus?

Thanks,

Tom
  • running_on_mtyrunning_on_mty Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man! Great service you provide. Here is where I am at with my dealer in Michigan. G6, V6 with MSRP of $21465, quoted $20605 (just above supplier of $20499 but I wanted to use my GM Card points).

Lease was quoted with $1500 "lease incentives" and $2800 card points at $202.06 plus start up fees (I have to see what those are). Sound in the ball park? 39 months and 12,000 per year.

I have asked for the lease rate and residual. What should they be? I am considering bumping to 15k per year - what should the impact be?

Thanks! :D
  • jvonderhjvonderh Member Posts: 4
    I've been a GM Card used for a few years. I simply received an announcement in the mail in mid-march saying that if I bought a new GM car before March 31st, I would receive an bonus of 1500 points or dollars. This could also be used in addition to the 1000 GM points I was able to apply from my GM card account to the purchase.
  • mpaul1mpaul1 Member Posts: 1
    I am in the middle of this right now. I did this and it showed up on my credit as a voluntary repo. Not good! Looking for advice on how to get that removed from my credit. Please help.
  • rockexrollohrockexrolloh Member Posts: 3
    We bought a used 2006 G6 Sedan with around 6,000 miles on it for $16,900. But then we had to add on the amount we owed on the previous car which was around $5000 plus an extended warranty and Ziebart. I think it came out to be around $21,000-$22,000 after everything.
    We took the car in for the Ziebart a week after buying it and they ended up busting out the rear passenger side window and had to special order it. The car was suppose to only be there for a day or two and ended up being there for 2 weeks. The dealer gave us a Grand Am loaner car and the POS ended up dying the next day. The sent a 90 year old man to come look at it. I kept telling him it wasn't the battery but he insisted on charging it anyways. Go figure, the Grand Am still didn't start and we were given another one. This one was filthy and even had left over weed in the console, totally disgusting.
    After complaining again, the dealership gave us a 2007 G6 GT Coupe to drive and installed keyless entry on our G6 for free. It was a complete mess but atleast we got the free keyless entry.
  • smitheysmithey Member Posts: 1
    Am leasing 07 G6 GT, MSRP 25,609 lowered to 24609, 4% APR, 39 months, 15000 miles. Monthly payment $330.58, no trade-in, no downpayment. Amt due at start $555.58 Have acqisition fee $595.00 which I can understand. Other fee is "total add cap cost" $595.00. I have never heard of this and the sales manager said that it's just some "GM thing on a lease". I was not satisfied with his answer. I will pay it if it's justified but it seems like B>S> to me Can you clarify this for me "Carman"? Should I try to get this removed? Should I try to get them to lower the price more?
  • budmantombudmantom Member Posts: 33
    Last month I bought a used 2006 G6 GTP with auto and moonroof for $14k plus TTL(I think it was a rental).

Great little car and a great bang for the buck
  • mikey00mikey00 Member Posts: 462
    I just did the deal tonight before the rebates end. MSRP $20,720 -$500 dealer discount -$2000 Cash Back Rebate -$1000 Conquest Rebate -$3773 GM Card points. Final price before tax and tags $13,447. I really wanted a Toyota but I just couldn't resist this price.
    How were you able to get $3773 in GM Card points. It was my understanding that you could only use $3500 over the course of seven years (and this being on the old program).

So pretty much you paid MSRP minus the $500 dealer discount. Did you try to negoitate more off MSRP, or did you just take what was in the ad in the Sunday paper?
    Thanks running_on_mty. The selling price that you were quoted for this car is pretty good if it is just above GM's supplier purchase price. As you were told, GM is providing a total of $1,500 in cash incentives on leases of this car in your area right now. Just make sure that the dealer you are working with uses GMAC's base lease rate of 4.3% to calculate your car's monthly payment and you're in business. GMAC's 39 month, 15,000 mile per year residual value for the '07 Pontiac G6 is currently 56%. If you were to lease it with only 12,000 miles per year, its residual value would be 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi smithey. GMAC charges an acquisition fee of $595 on every vehicle that it leases. Individual dealers do not have the authority to waive this charge. You can either pay it at lease signing or have it added to your vehicle's selling price to make it part of your monthly payment.

As far as this car's selling price goes, I see that you are being given a $1,000 discount on it. This is a good selling price...IF the dealer then subtracts the $500 bonus cash and $750 lease cash that are available on it. If the dealer is not subtracting these incentives from your car's price you can do better.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • lovemyg6lovemyg6 Member Posts: 6
    I payed 19,000 and got tha cheap V4 i like it but notice now that their coming out for 13,000 and for about 189 a month im PAYING $320 whats up with that they couldnt say anythign while i was their to wait. Now i want the V6 Gt anyone know my payments if i trade my 2007 G6 V4 for a gt
  • mikey00mikey00 Member Posts: 462
    The older GM card has a $39 fee per year, which gets added directly to your points each year. So you have $500 max points each year plus $39 times 7 years equals $3773. in total points. I also have 2 cards. One in my wife's name with me as secondary and one in my name with my wife as secondary. This way I get a $3773 discount every 3 1/2 years.
    The Sunday paper ad offered a $20,700 G6 for $17,200 including all GM rebates. This was $2000 cash back rebate and $1000 conquest rebate. I had to show proof of ownership of a non-GM for the conquest rebate. I assumed the remaining $500 was dealer discount. Instead of trying to negotiate this price down any further, I negotiated my trade price upward and got more than I was expecting for my 2000 Alero. Once the deal was done and I was in the finance guy’s office to finalize the deal, I brought out my GM points
  • tkcoloradotkcolorado Member Posts: 39
    Is there a list of brands that this applies to somewhere? The reason I ask is that I have a Geo. When I tried to get an owner loyalty rebate for someone who owned any GM vehicle a while ago I was told by GM that a "geo" is not a GM vehicle. Now I am being told that a "geo" is a GM vehicle. I have been searching for the terms of the conquest rebate and can't seem to find anything. Apparently my car ends up not being anything whenever GM has a rebate. Anyone???
  • willhbautowillhbauto Member Posts: 6
    I work for a dealer here in Mesa, AZ, a geo is a GM vehicle, it was a joint venture between toyota and GM, so unless you own another vehicle that is non-GM you wont qualify for the conquest rebate.
  • sk8namysk8namy Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man! I too am a Michigander. I am looking at buying vs. leasing a 2007 G6 Sedan (not GT or GTP, just the basic) but adding on the Sun & Sound Package as well as the Preferred Package (w/ remote starter). I have been doing some research (on this website actually) to determine the MSRP and TMV. The car that I want has an MSRP of $20645 and a TMV of $19880. I have gotten a few quotes from different dealers. The latest one I got was $344/month to lease (for 36 months with 20,000 miles) and $398/month to buy (for 60 months).

That includes tax and the current $1000 back rebate as well as the GM Supplier discount (which by the way do you know how much that is?).

I'm just looking for some feedback. Thanks for your help! :blush:
  • aryagaurav5aryagaurav5 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man,

I am being offered 438/month for 36 months, 12k miles/year with premium package+ Carpeted Front and Rear Floormats + Driver and Right Front Passenger Side-Impact Air Bags.

Only first month payment due at signing.

I am NYC do you think its a good deal ?

Thanks

Ga
    Hi sk8namy. You should be able to do better than TMV on a Pontiac G6. Shoot for right around dealer invoice minus any available incentives. There is a total of $1,500 lease cash on the '07 G6 in Michigan plus if you haven't leased yet through July 9th GM is providing any additional $1,000 bonus cash on this car. I don't believe that GM is offering a special supplier incentive on this model any longer. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure that the dealer you are working with uses GMAC's current base lease rate of 3.0% to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi aryagaurav5. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • suzzsuzz Member Posts: 4
    I am looking at buying or leasing the 2007 G6 Convertible. With the 0% financing and $1,000 cash back, should I buy or lease? What should the final cost be with traction and stability control? I am in the Portland, Oregon area.
    Thank you, Car Man!
    (I was also considering the Mustang convertible, but the hardtop convertible seemed quieter on the highway and the deals now seem better. Do you agree?)
  • calc555calc555 Member Posts: 5
    I am looking to get the cheapest lease I can on a G6 with a V6 for 36-39 months and 10-12K miles. Could you please list the current lease residuals and money factors for those terms? Which model would be my best bet? I am also considering a fairly loaded Impala - would I do better with that considering the higher rebate and the fact that I can use $2000 from my GM card instead of $1000 for the G6?
  • duke21duke21 Member Posts: 1
    I think that I can answer your question. There is no penalty or additional fee for paying off a GMAC Smart Buy early.

My parents just purchased a car using GM's Smart Buy program. My parents wanted to take advantage of the Smart Buy rebate, but not incur the monthly interest charges over the life of the Smart Buy lease.

The finance person at the dealership suggested that they should purchase the car using the Smart Buy program and wait two months before calling GMAC financing to inform them that they wanted to pay off the car in full. After one month (before my parents even received the payment booklet), my parents called GMAC financing and stated that they wanted to pay the car in full. The GM rep gave them a mailing address and the amount they owed. The amount they owed was based on the price they paid for the car and interest charges accrued up to that day (about one month's worth). The GMAC financing rep added an additional four days worth of interest charges to the amount based on an estimate of how long it would take the U.S. postal service to deliver the check if my parents mailed the check that day.

My parents mailed the check for the car on the same day (USPS Priority mail with tracking) and since it took only two days for GMAC financing to receive the check, they were reimbursed for two days worth of interest.

Since it was so easy to pay off the Smart-Buy early, I wonder if my parents would have saved even more money in interest charges if they would have called GMAC financing sooner (maybe two weeks after they purchased the car).

I know that I am responding to an old post, but my response is for those people who are searching the forums for an answer about paying off a GMAC Smart Buy purchase early.

Keywords: Smartbuy, smart buy, GMAC, terminate, termination, pay off early, leasing, additional fees, penalty
  • lovemyg6lovemyg6 Member Posts: 6
    To be honest my grandpa actually works for gm and he gave me a good deal but now i want a bigger engine and more pull and im not getting that from the v4. He told me that if i trade it in i would be screwed so yeah im keeping it for 3 years think i could fit a ls2 into a regular g6.... :confuse:
  • padriver1padriver1 Member Posts: 4
    The top won't go down. Again. Started a week ago tuesday (8/31/07). Could not bring it in to the dealer until yesterday (8/7/07) because they could not get me in until Thursday and I needed my vehicle, top down or not, to go out of town right after work on Friday.

Called me yesterday to say that they had cleared some codes in the computer and the problem still existed. Service Rep called today to inform me that they have ordered 3 parts that need to be replaced on the top mechanism. Two of the three are in stock - the third is not in stock and they have no expected date for it to be in.

So the dealership has asked me to come pick up my car and wait until all three parts are in to have service scheduled as the two stock parts cannot go in without the third.

Just for stats, this is a 2007 HTC purchased in July 2006. It was in for service on the top at 1500 miles, and now it has 30,500. I drop the top every day possible(not raining and warm enough) to drive home from work... until last week. Now, there is a chance I'll be out of commission for weeks, again in the prime summertime fun days. We have snow here.. cold temps. Frustrating!
This discussion has been closed.