Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota RAV4 2007

Comments

• carnivorecarnivore Member Posts: 19
    You'd have to spend at least twice your budget to get an in-dash GPS unit installed. Your best bet in that price range is to pick up one of the Garmin, Magellan, Tom Tom or similar GPS units that sits on your dash. I have a portable Garmin and I like it very much. It's easy to move from car to car and I have even used it several times in rental cars while traveling, saving myself the $10 per day that the rental agencies charge for the same thing.
  • ccmbduong1ccmbduong1 Member Posts: 49
    ( I am looking to install GPS on the new car (EX-L model goes upto 27k).

I bought a Garmin Nuvi 360 GPS ($519) and it's portable which I can move from car to car as needed. I found that it's very reliable
  • emc17emc17 Member Posts: 26
    I am almost ready to buy a 2007 V6 2WD LTD and I want to know if there is still present any of these problems in the 2007 model. Also, if any has had the radio problem.
    Please a prompt answer is appreciated. :)
  • manda1manda1 Member Posts: 2
    I purchased a 2007 Toyota RAV4 in November. There is a rattle in the front passenger door or window. It is obviously loud by that door, but can also be heard from the drivers seat.

The rattle begins when the car reaches about 40 mph. It does not change as the rear view mirror is adjusted, and can also be heard with the window open. Seems to originate towards the front of the panel. I have checked the gloveboxes, and held down everything possible while the car was in motion to try to get it to stop.

A relative popped the hood and suggested it was vibration in the heat shield where it appeared loose near the washer fluid hose (it is on the passenger side). Eliminating this vibration made no difference.

I was disappointed to take the car back to Toyota, only to have them acknowledge the problem existed, yet not be able to locate it. Didn't feel right.

I thought - since it is a new car year - I would give it a couple more months to see if others had this problem and a solution had surfaced. Now that I am reading your posts, I think I should just get it in next week.

Almost all my mileage is below 40mph or freeway. Not much in between. This car was a treat to us, I guess I want a fix for an out the door price over $28,000.

It is a very annoying problem on an otherwise great vehicle.
  • iamnotaweirdoiamnotaweirdo Member Posts: 4
    The rattle may be coming from your passenger side mirror. I have seen a couple of people posting a similar sound on another forum. Read this thread for the discussion & fix:
    RAV4World

Good Luck.
  • phillyfrontierphillyfrontier Member Posts: 17
    I would look at the 4wd because the amount of power in the V6 will spin the front tires. I know punching it to make left hand turns across traffic, the awd has kicked in. Being in the NE, its just the safety the 4wd provides is worth the price, plus the mpg is not a big difference.
    Thanks phillyfrontier... I start thinking about the 4wd now, especially this car would be for my wife... Where is to find the good price now? I want to wait past Spring time because I don't need it right now
  • nks2ndnks2nd Member Posts: 1
    I recently purchased a 2007 Rav4 Sport and have noticed significant "bouncing" of the vehicle, particularly in town. Has anyone else had this problem? Wondering if that's just the way the suspension is or is it the tires?

Thanks.
  • gaurangpatel77gaurangpatel77 Member Posts: 2
    I recently purchased 2007 RAV4. I am also experiencing this boucing, however I do experience it when I ride it on highway at about 60..I still can't figure it out is it because of the road or because of the suspension or something is wrong with the car.
  • picard12picard12 Member Posts: 55
    what is actual mileage of RAV4 V6 2007?
    Can driver see through the tint rear window? i am concern that it might be too dark.
  • jagoochjagooch Member Posts: 1
    Weird. I have 5th gen video iPod and 2007 Rav4 ( basic ). When I plug in the iPod, the audio is really weak ( even turned all the way up using clickwheel ). What is more odd is that when I turn on parking lights or headlights, the auxiliary input doesn't work at all. So, I can only try to use the iPod with all of the lights off.

Could this be a problem with impedance matching, or does my iPod just not have enough juice for the stereo ( stock ) to recognize it is plugged in?

Thanks,

John Gooch
  • thecatthecat Member Posts: 535
    I have an 06 Limited and from the inside looking out you don't even notice that the window is tinted. The tint is significanly more noticable from the outside.
    thanks for your answer , thecat.
  • torodieseltorodiesel Member Posts: 16
    I noticed the same "bouncing" on the highway when I test drove some RAV4's a couple weeks ago. I believe it has to do with the RAV being more of a truck/suv than a car/suv ride. This is probably due to the tires/suspension. My brother-in-law drives a pickup truck, and he mentioned that some tire brands give a better ride than others. I also test drove a CR-V and it did not nearly bounce as much as the RAV but I still could feel a little bounce in it at highway speeds.
  • banjolaya1banjolaya1 Member Posts: 88
    CR-V is sure a smoother ride but believe it or not, some people like a bouncy (sporty) ride. I don't. But I don't mind RAV4. It is quick and if I bounce around a little bit, well, that's okay. I heard, if you buy tires with soft compound you should get a little bit smoother ride. on the other hand they wear out much faster. So, it's a tradeoff.
    Are the fog lights of RAV4 bright enough? I am concern that it isn't bright enough that I might have to get more powerful fog lamps.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Anyone think their RAV4 has excessive torque steer?

Toyota RAV4: Not4 Me (Long-Term Road Tests)
  • groupergrouper Member Posts: 13
    "Bouncing" as you descibe it is a matter of suspension feeling. The sensation differs in both the Sport model versus the Limited--in the Sport, because of the tightened suspension and 18 inch wheels, one feels more of a bounce. The tradeoff between the two is a slightly better cornering trait in the Sport versus a slightly softer ride in the Limited---take your pick!!!
    I narrow my search to 2007 RAV4 limited. I live in Wilmington DE where there is not much snow compare to upstate NY , so I wonder if I really need AWD . All of my cars now are front wheel drive and I have no problem here in handling of snow (but it's nice to have AWD when needed) . The next question is 4 vs. 6 cylinders... 160 vs. 269 HP. My '97 Maxima has 190 HP and it's plenty of power for me. Any suggestions/ comments out there? Thanks for input
    If you want small SUV unequaled power when you need it--and can afford the V6--go for it. I went from a 4 cylinder Subaru Forester because I wanted more power on regular fuel, combined with near 4 cylinder mileage. I am not looking back!! V6 is smoother, quiter, significantly faster, and almost as fuel efficient
    Thanks grouper. What kind of gas mileage that you have had with your V6
  • wuzzasailorwuzzasailor Member Posts: 19
    Wish I knew. I've been looking at RAV4 and Outback. I drive about 500 miles a week mostly on the highway and my old ranger only gets 22 with a tailwind...
  • cbmortoncbmorton Member Posts: 252
    On the highway my V6 AWD has been good for 27-28 mpg.
    20-21mpg--regular fuel--stop and go traffic

27-28 strait highway at 70 mph.
    RAV fits my back and knees better, but really tired of increasing oil company profits...
  • banjolaya1banjolaya1 Member Posts: 88
    If AWD gets you out of trouble and brings you home safely just ONE time - it was worth it. And it's not that much more expensive.
    V4 vs. V6? V6!
    160 vs. 269? 269! Period.
    Do you remember the commercial (a few months ago) when a guy is sitting in a pickup truck and the anouncer says - Have you ever wondered will you have the torque when you need it?
    Well, with 269 hp you will.
  • gmarshall56gmarshall56 Member Posts: 20
    I've had my '07 RAV4 6Cyl Sport since October, last year. I just turned 5K on it and am taking it to the dealer tomorrow for the mandatory oil and filter change and whatever else they do at the 5k mark which should then shut off that "maint reqd" idiot light.

Anyway, I can say without any hesitation, that this RAV with its 6 cyl VVT engine really moves when you want it to. I can also tell you that it has such torque that when you throttle it down, say to pass someone, you better be ready for it, cause it'l get away from you. When you push that throttle down, and it downshifts, hang on baby! Your off and running....fast, like right now fast!! You gotta be carefull with that 6 cyl. It has all the torque that everying in this forum says it does!
  • beebee13beebee13 Member Posts: 38
    Those are the same two cars that we are considering. What have you found out about the Outlander adn the RAV ? Seems like the Outlander is having some sind noise issues among other things. Still need to test drive it though. Test drove the RAV....sweet!
    Thanks
  • ktw39ktw39 Member Posts: 3
    As far as "real" world situations like a stoplight or taking it to an actual "track". A 2WD Sport will beat a Limited AWD. ;)
  • robin2226robin2226 Member Posts: 14
    Does (2007) RAV4-V6 has the same engine as (2007) Lexus RX350 ????? they both V6, 3500cc engine.

Last year (2006) Lexus RX330, equipped with V-6, 3300cc engine, does that the same as (2007) Cienna V-6 3300cc engine ????

Thanks You.
    I've driven the Outback, Outlander and Rav, Outback was my choice until I drove the Rav. Outlander wasn't bad, but I just didn't seem to fit the driver's seat and I wasn't all that excited about the way the back seat folds...
  • beebee13beebee13 Member Posts: 38
    We liked the way that you could fold the rear seats from the cargo area on the RAV. I just don't care for the step down from the inside onto the rear bumper. I prefer the opening on the older models like the '05s or the tailgate of the Outlander where you can load and unload easily. If only there was a way to actually design our own cars to what we need....
  • ravenous1ravenous1 Member Posts: 2
    Anyone had any experience with Central Ohio Toyota dealers? I am considering purchasing my first Toyota, a RAV4 Limited V6 4WD.

Does the "fax attack" method really work? Last year I tried the fax attack method to purchase a 2006 Mazda Miata...didn't get a single response. I did purchase it with a sizeable discount after sending a number of e-mails to various Internet sales reps at Mazda dealers.

Thanks!
    Faxes may be history now. I completed my last new car purchase via fax, but that was after meeting the salesperson and test driving the car. That was a long time ago too. :)

Try the Toyota RAV4: Prices Paid & Buying Experience for recent experiences and blast emails. You may be interested in Why don't dealers want to make money? too.
    Thanks... You guys convince me to go with a V-6 AWD 2007 RAV4.
    Great group
    Keep in mind that, along with all this torque and pep and lets get the hell outta here speed that comes with the V6 VVT, there is a cost.

Mine gets mpg as billed: a non-impressive 22.8 to 23.2 mpg in local traffic but a very impressive 30mpg on the interstate. I drove roughly 365 miles on one tankfull on an interstate trip recently, but, as I said, the local mpg is kinda not so impressive. When it comes to mpg the 4 cyl is the winner, hands down.
    g
    You mean, everything you want in one car? What an unusual idea...
  • ravenous1ravenous1 Member Posts: 2
    Could someone please explain the fundamentals of Toyota's pricing scheme? For example, if I get the invoice price of a new RAV4 off Edmunds, what are the hidden holdbacks, etc., hidden in that invoice? If an invoice cost is $25K, does that include holdbacks, advertising, etc., that I need to be aware of in negotiating?

I have never purchased a Toyota and am considering purchasing a RAV4 4WD Limited 6cyl.

Thanks!
    Try the Toyota RAV4: Prices Paid & Buying Experience discussion.

There's also Dealer Holdback questions, Rebates, Incentives, APRs - Questions & Comments and Toyota Advertising Fees discussions.

That's just the stuff we sort of know about - info about the swag, spiffs, bonuses and free cruises is tougher to come by. ;)
    Interesting response about V6 mileage---I would think that 22mpg with local driving is impressive!!
    Highway mileage is fantastic!!! Beats any highway V6 RAV 4
    mileage I've heard of.
    Yes..your right. But you see I want my cake and eat it too. I want good gas mileage while driving on both local roads and on the interstates....
    And about the Highway mileage I mentioned...when I drove that trip I made I did not go over 80mph. I kept my speed limit between 75 and 80....
    g
  • victord1victord1 Member Posts: 94
    DANG, 23 city and 30 on highway with a V6?!?! :)

I would be ecstatic to get that kind of mileage. My '05 RAV(4WD L) only gets 20mpg in city, and 26-27mpg on highways (below 75mph), which is in the same ballpark as my '03 Maxima SE which has a 3.5L engine. :cry:
  • thecatthecat Member Posts: 535
    I can confirm the MPG report. I've had my V6 Ltd. since April and have been closely tracking mileage. I consistantly get 23-24 in mixed driving. On trips I have gotten 29. You have to keep your foot out of it to get these results though.
  • victord1victord1 Member Posts: 94
    Well, my driving style in the city is grandma-like. I start/stop slowly, and drive at 0-5 above speed limit. On the last tank (90% city)the mileage was calculated to be 19.67. :sick:

I was thinking maybe there's a difference in the mechanism of the 4WD between the '05 and the '06 that causes the differences in mileage. Tell you the truth I don't even know the ins/outs of the 4WD system on my car. :blush:
  • mylegacymylegacy Member Posts: 38
    all it needs to have a lift trunk instead of a conventional door.

i hope they change that for next year model.
  • vcarrerasvcarreras Member Posts: 247
    Plus a few more. Along with the rear hatch (get that spare tire off), I want to see a 5 speed auto for the 4 cylinder but really want the 4 cylinder hybrid from the Camry with CVT. Now you have the Perfect RAV-4!
  • drive62drive62 Member Posts: 637
    I want to see a 5 speed auto for the 4 cylinder...

No 5 speed auto in the 4 banger? The CR-V had that even before it's recent redesign.
  • mylegacymylegacy Member Posts: 38
    well that spare tire will be elsewhere just like the CRV.
    If they did changed to a lift door(w/ that spare tire still there) it would be a pretty heavy to lift that back door ;)

V6 baby, Toyota has done it right on the RAV4.
    Check out the tread on Price Paid, 90% agree on the 6 cylinders
    Ia anyone out there able to buy a 2007 RAV4 below invoice yet? if so, where and how much. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.