Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volvo XC90 Tires and Wheels

124»

Comments

• idahovolvoidahovolvo Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone tried the Hankook Ventus AS ? I am concerned about winter time traction. Thanks for any input you might have.
  • mspracticalmspractical Member Posts: 1
    Hi there, (to fourwheelride)

I am in the process of replacing tires on my 2006 XC90 V8 AWD and am probably going to purchase the Michelin Latitudes as well.

I just wanted to check with you to find out how they performed since you have had them for over a year now.

Thanks for the input; I appreciate it! By the way, I am guessing from your posts that you have 235 60 18's as well? Did you go with the 103H? I know the recommendation from Volvo is S speed rating.

Thanks again. I am trying to do as much homework as possible before I fork out $1000 for a set of tires!

In gratitude,
    "Mspractical"
  • xc92xc92 Member Posts: 8
    Have you checked into Falken Tires? There is one with an 80,000 mile Warranty and the Tread Pattern is just as good as the Michelin.
  • flyguybobflyguybob Member Posts: 1
    I had the same problem with my wife's 2009 XC90 and paid for an alignment. The truck was barely out of alignment but the wear was pretty bad. I called Volvo to complain and they alerted the dealership to a service bulletin. Volvo covered 2 tires and an alignment. The other tires are good and I didn't want to shell out $900 for just 2 Michelin tires that would barely last 25k miles.
  • kylechoffmankylechoffman Member Posts: 79
    Purchased Bridgestone HTs from Firestone 34K miles ago. Luckily, they had a 60K mile warranty on them. The bridgestones ran well for the 34K I had them. Because of the tire warranty, I had free rotations and alignments for the life of the tires. We had the tires rotated and alignment looked at everytime we did an oil change so that was convenient. Here is my dilemma. I can go with bridgestone's/ firestone again being that I have a $230 tire warranty credit but 34K on a 60K tire is not exactly good. The tires were quiet and rode well.

Tires on this SUV are a mess. This will be my 4th set of tires after the OEMs, Bridgestones and some cheap things that barely got 20K after the OEMs. Any suggestions?

Has anyone ordered tires online and had them installed by a discount tire or firestone?
  • parxedparxed Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone,

I purchased a '05 XC90 6-7 months back.

It's around 60k miles. I live in Denver, and I'm in vacation in LA.

So today, the tires started hissing and whizzing, so I checked and saw that the rear tires are worn really really bad on the inside.

With a quick Google search I found @oldjim3 's thread about the exact same problem as mine, and how someone towed it in a bad way.

How much is the fix for the rear toe adjustment? How much should I pay? And is there anyway to make the dealer who sold it to me like this pay?

I tried to message Old Jim but seems like there's no PM in the forum. Thanks for your help.