Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

New Kia Rio Owners - Give Us Your Report

PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
Congratulations on your new ride! Post your first impressions here.

Comments

• chuck1959chuck1959 Member Posts: 654
    I bought my mother a new 2002 Cinco. It now has 25,000 trouble free miles.....except what she has put it through. I am not demeaning my mother by no means. But she is very hard on cars. No matter what she has done to it, it just keeps going and going! It really has turned out to be a better car than what I expected. My grandma was so impressed she traded her beloved 1986 Caddy (55,00 miles) for an 2005 Amanti!
    I needed to replace my old car. So based on the good luck (25,000 trouble free miles) with the 2002 Rio Cinco I bought my mom, I decided to get one for myself.
    To my disappointment the dealer (and every other one in Houston) were out of Cincos. With the employee discounting they had sold their stock on 2005. I could have waited 2 weeks for a 2006, but I don't like the re-styled Rio. To my surprise they had 2004 Cinco with 1,900 miles. A non smoker (lady) had bought 11 months ago and recentally got transfered to Spain and she sold back to the dealer. It looks brand new! I saved a bundle! When comparing it to my mom's 2002 Cinco they have correct a lot of things IE: multiple speed...as opposed to one...intermintent wiper, inside feul door release, better designed cup holders, slightly bigger engine, etc. It really looks like they may have listened to customer complaints I complain about the 2002 to Kia. If that's the case, good going Kia!!
    By the way I also noticed the slighty off centered steering wheel on mine, Taking it in today to have them correct that. I have a very good dealer. When I take my car into be serviced. They not only wash it but WAX it too and detail the interior. Now that what I call service! Now if I could only get my grandmother to step out of her 1986 Caddy for an Amanti.......
  • kiario06kiario06 Member Posts: 8
    I recently traded in my 04 for an 06 kia rio LX. No ABS and no power package. just power steering, AC and mine is a manual transmission. it was actually the last 06 on the lot. The dealer told me that they got 50 in and they sold faster than the 05's. Im satisfied with the vehicle. it gets 32 city MPG and 35 highway. you guys can check it out at http://lowrider.cardomain.com/id/devilslayer05. I thought it was a good car for $12,000 considering the outragous prices of cars now adays.
  • truethattruethat Member Posts: 123
    Erase period at the end of your link.
    It works just fine without the period.
  • kb4kb4 Member Posts: 6
    God, that interior color is horrid. What happened to the nice black or grey colors they used to have? :confuse:
  • goodegggoodegg Member Posts: 905
    I think God knows about it.
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    Which color don't you like, the tan or the grey? Actually I think the tan is pretty nice, lends an airy feeling to this small car. I'm not fond of black interiors, especially in small cars--gets claustrophobic.
  • kiario06kiario06 Member Posts: 8
    The only colors i have seen the interior so far is that color or grey. they grey isnt the same tho, i actually didnt like it. The only thing i dont like about this color is its VERY light and gets dirty real easily. Other than that i like it
    My mother's 2002 Cinco has a grey interior. It has yet to show any dirt. I am hoping the same for my beige interior.
  • spectramanspectraman Member Posts: 255
    kb4 mused:
    "God, that interior color is horrid. What happened to the nice black or grey colors they used to have?"

Aside to KR06: Don't take my restated observations personally. I just found it interesting that someone independently came to a similar conclusion (albeit presented a bit less diplomatically) as myself.

I figured that the above quote was a good trigger to revisit my sentiments back in post #160

"The red exterior with the black interior looked good. The black interior is basically monochromatic though... thus it's a pretty dark place in there. That said, it still looks "higher rent" than the tan/beige interior to be sure. The seat cloth also has some extra accents woven in the cloth in the black interior. If you check out the http://www.kiario.com website, it is the black interior that is used for *all* of the interior shots. Coincidence?

The tu-tone tan interior looks "okay" in the Olive Beige model since it's tan/beige on a light green exterior. However........... the tan/beige interior in a Cashmere Beige exterior model clashes BIG time!

The Cashmere Beige is a *beautiful* color from the outside. It really is. But KIA's only offering two interior colors for the North American Rio. A tan/beige, and a black. The tan has an offbeat kind of "orangey" tinge to it. When you open the door the contrast/clashing between the "Cashmere Beige" exterior and "Beige" interior colors immediately jump out at you. KIA for 2007 needs to either lighten up the Beige interior a notch or two (to a yellow-tan vs. an orange-tan), or provide a third color such as a darker brown.

Nitpicky stuff.... I know. BUT the proper matching of interior to exterior color(s) should not be so prohibitively expensive that it is unobtainable in an automaker's lower-end models.

KIA needs to remember that color conscious buyers (aka: females) will more than likely make up a large percentage of purchasers of the Rio line. The importance of issues such as color matching should NEVER be underestimated when considering the success of an automobile model. Not in this day and age of global automobile hyper-competition."

Note: I sat in a sharp Sunset Orange Rio5 with the black interior this week! That interior with the aluminum accents definitely looks considerably more upscale!

-SM
  • allfiredupallfiredup Member Posts: 736
    I've seen the black interior in person and think it looks great for a $12k car. Carmakers never get a beige/tan interior right in a low-end car and it ends up looking hideous. Then again, I tend to hate beige interiors overall.
  • spectramanspectraman Member Posts: 255
    AFU wrote:

"I've seen the black interior in person and think it looks great for a $12k car. Carmakers never get a beige/tan interior right in a low-end car and it ends up looking hideous. Then again, I tend to hate beige interiors overall."

Since I only paid $13,373 (minus tax/dest) for my loaded Spectra, I still consider it a "low-end" car. It's design and execution obviously isn't low end, but the price was.

I feel that the execution of "beige" (with accenting dark brown) was done extremely well on the Spectra. All the materials have a much higher-rent feel and texture, and the colors are much better coordinated with ALL of the exterior colors used on the Spectra family... not just the Sand Beige (gold) of my car.

-SM
  • bensambensam Member Posts: 1
    Bought a Grey 2005 Rio Cinco in the Milwaukee area. I have been very pleased with the car but there are a few things that I can pass along.

I currently have 1500 miles on the car and nothing has begun squeeking, wearing, shaking etc. I think for the price and size it is going to be reliable in the structure department.

My biggest complaint is the engine noise at highway speed. I have the manual transmission and at 65 MPH it is just above 3200 RPM and it is too loud. If I dont have the radio on to drown out the noise it is unbearable for me.

My second complaint is the pick up performance. I am not asking for much. I understand it only has 104 HP but even with that understanding you really are slow off the block. To keep up with traffic off the light you need to almost floor the pedal. I want to mention that the lights in my neck of the woods has you accelerating to 45 or 55 MPH.

Everything else is great. This car would be absolutely perfect for the city driver that needs the room. Leg room is good for up to 4 people.

I must say that if they could fix the engine noise problem, I would go out and buy a second one (Im not kidding) just in case they stop making them or they go up in price. (I got mine with all the options for 13000). If this car becomes a 17-19 thousand dollar car I would buy other cars. To me you cant beat the awesome customer service, great warranty, fixed costs, and fuel mileage for the price.

I take great comfort in the fact that I have fixed operating costs for probably 5 years. And when you buy a car at this price range over 5 years the monthly costs to own and operate this car is slightly higher than your cable bill.

Of course if the thing falls apart in a years time I will be singing a different tune. I'll keep ya informed.
    My biggest complaint is the engine noise at highway speed. I have the manual transmission and at 65 MPH it is just above 3200 RPM and it is too loud. If I dont have the radio on to drown out the noise it is unbearable for me.
    Same complaint about engine noise. I am trying to figure out how to sound proofing the interior. If that's possible.

I currently have 1500 miles on the car and nothing has begun squeaking, wearing, shaking etc. I think for the price and size it is going to be reliable in the structure department.

I can attest to the structure department. Last month I got sideswiped by a pickup exiting the freeway. He got me from the front fender all down to the rear bumper. It held up well....2 grand in damages.

My second complaint is the pick up performance. I am not asking for much. I understand it only has 104 HP but even with that understanding you really are slow off the block. To keep up with traffic off the light you need to almost floor the pedal. I want to mention that the lights in my neck of the woods has you accelerating to 45 or 55 MPH.

Ditto here. It does help to turn off A/C on take offs. A friend told me he heard the Kia dealerships offers a geniue Kia(fully warrentied)super or turbo charger(can't remember which)kit. Still need to check that out.

Mine is a gold 2004 Cinco automatic. Great car..3800 trouble free miles. Mom has a Forest green (rare color I've been told by Kia dealer)2002 Cinco 28,000 miles NEVER in shop except for routine maintanece.
  • riomikeriomike Member Posts: 39
    Yesterday I traded in my 2004 Spectra for the Rio5. Paid the difference in cash, got it fully loaded at invoice price ($14,800) minus $500 owner loyalty.

I am 6'3 and have plenty of room, in fact I dont even put the seat all the way back. The styling is awesome, the 1.6L engine has ample power and the ride is more quiet then my brothers 2003 Optima!

I highly recommend this car, I had a 2001 Rio when it first came out, it was ok, nothing special but boy the Rio5 certainly is!
    Congrats! Did you have the "old" 2004 Spectra or the "new" 2004 Spectra? Did you get a good deal on the trade-in? How does the Rio5 compare to the Spectra?
  • lightoutlightout Member Posts: 17
    Hi guys,
    I finally got my 2006 Kia Rio sedan EX today and i drove it around all day.I showed it to one of my uncle's that bought a Honda accord coupe a few months ago and he payes 26000$ USED and after diving the Rio he was amazed by the car he tought take Kia was s***,so after diving around for 15 minutes he told me that the Kia Rio was as good or even better made inside(finishing)then is Honda and told me that my motor was as quiet as is Honda and that is true because i went in is accord and u can hardly hear the motor on my Kia Rio.
    He showed me an article that he got in a car magazine and the guy says that in a few years Kia will be as good or even better then japanese car in all ways (motor,style,quality,etc...)
    So time will tell if the car is reliable but as of looks and equipement i am very happy. bye
  • newquestcanucknewquestcanuck Member Posts: 13
    I just picked my new rio 5 up yesterday and boy am I loving it! Its a lot of fun to drive and so far I'm really impressed by it. I got a great deal (I think) on a 5 yr lease. I got the EX convenience package so it has everything I would want. Just not sure if it has heated mirrors although I was told it did, the manual says something about the mirrors heat automatically when the rear window heater is turned on? I also have a question about the keyless remote, is it possible for it to be changed to beep when you lock the doors? Its hard to tell sometimes when you lock them if they actually locked or not, most cars beep when you lock them with the remote don't they?

AM
    ...the manual says something about the mirrors heat automatically when the rear window heater is turned on?

Yep, those would be the heated mirrors!

As for beeping, try pressing the lock button twice. On many other Hyundai/Kias, there is a chirp on the 2nd press. Then you can lock them silently (like late at night, in a city) or confirm the lock action. Don't the marker lights flash on the first press of the lock button? That is how my Elantras work. I like the "stealth" lock mode in combination with the chirp.
    This car really does have a uptrend going for it. I notice that gas mileage now that I am approaching 3k miles has held steady after a gradual improvement over the first 1500 miles or. I notice that the engine almost learned my driving style and the car handles better now then it did last month. Not that it gandled poorly last month, just seems really tight now! Anyway bottom line is: 3k miles and still lovin it!
  • lightoutlightout Member Posts: 17
    newquestcanuck,If u press 2 times on the lock door on your remote it will beep
    I spent all day at the kia dealer. Took my ex with me, her 2000 Sephia needed some mechanical work and instead of fixing it she bought the Rio lx in olive/gray with biege interior. I also got a nice look at the all new 2006.5 Optima. I liked it so much I bought one in Grey. I took the LX 4 cyl engine. That 2.4 with 161 hp feels like a 6 cyl. My wife was most happy about the purchase because she gets to have my beloved Rio5 SX. I think we will share both cars because I am so attached to that Rio!!
  • b3nutb3nut Member Posts: 83
    Oh, I'll keep everyone posted as to how my new Rio5 does. So far on the first day it's been a nice little car. The headlights and foglights work well, and the high-beams are quite bright. I noticed that the window buttons are illuminated at night - even the ones on the passenger doors. That's a touch you don't often see at this market segment.

Everything on the dash is well-lit at night too, making it very easy to operate. Kia put a lot of obvious thought into the ergonomics of this vehicle, and it shows. The heater is strong, and I have no doubts as to its abilities to hold up to Wisconsin's winters. I'll be interested to see how the air conditioning fares this summer.

So far, the more I drive this car, the more I like it. That's a good thing, I think.. :) Kia indeed has the power to surprise...two months ago I would have laughed at the thought of buying a Kia. But once I drove them and looked at the cars, I bought one. We'll see how she holds up over the long haul...she's going to be maintained at the dealership by the book, so I bet she does very well. Russ Darrow Kia has a superb service center, so I expect good things.

This is definitely a car to check out if one is in the market for a car in this class.

Todd in Beerbratistan
    The Rio5 AC is awesome. I live in Miami where even in the winter temps are in the 80's. I use AC all day long and this is my sixth Kia. It gets so cold on level one that I rarely max it out.

I know 2 people that bought '06 Rio LX and 1 other guy that bought Rio5. So far all of us are very impressed. It's hard to say that a 1.6 Litre 110 hp engine is sporty, however the car really has a sporty feel to it. The leather wrapped steering wheel and shifter, the metal pedals and the metal trim really give the car that sporty look.

My friend Ally bought her Rio5 last weekend and she claims that the car is more fun to drive then her 2002 Mitsubishi Galant that she traded in. My buddy Dave also enjoys his Rio LX which he purchased after trading in his 2003 Hyundai Elantra.

Todd, anybody else out there that buys a Rio or Rio5, be prepared to be surprised by Kia, this car is great quality and a fun ride. It is fully loaded with features that are not always found in the mid-size segment. I dont think I have ever been as excited about any car as I have been about my Rio5. My wife feels the same way about her Rio5 BTW!
    My nieghbor Jimmy has a 2005 Scion XA. We were talking today in the hallway about cars and he asked to see my Rio5. I let him take it for a ride around the neighborhood. He was very impressed. He claims that the Rio5 seemed much larger, better legspace and hipspace. He says the engine was much more powerful and quicker and ten times quieter.
    He told me that he was so amzed at the difference that he is going to go to the dealership this weekend and see what it will cost him to trade in for the Rio5. If he buys one that will be my third bird dog this month ($100 each customer).
  • yeddoyeddo Member Posts: 20
    Bought my Rio 5 SX last Saturday. I REALLY like this car but have had a bad time with the dealer. The car was sold to me as a new car (it had 877 miles on it), the prep SUCKED (the car reeked of cigarettes and all they did was spray some awful cherry spray in it) and there was a cigarette burn in the front seat(They didn't even offer to replace the seat; just wanted to patch it). I have spoken to: the dealer, my lawyer and the state's attorneys office as well as Kia corporate. It's a shame that the experience of having a car as good as this has to ruined by a dealer that wants to save a few bucks. Amazing!! There's even more than that, but I won't bore you all with those details.

Like I said, the car is a delight. There was a problem I was having with some pretty sad gas mileage, but upon checking the pressure in my tires it was almost 50lbs (another part of the great prep done on the car) After adjusting the pressure (30lbs), mileage seems to be more in line with what it should be AND the ride seems to have smoothed out some. I'm interested in seeing how durable it is, having been a satisfied Toyota owner for years.
    Congrats on the Rio5. Sorry about the dealership problems. Just wanted to encourage you to expect the car to be very durable. I have owned 5 Kias since '98 and never had a major mechanical issue. Worst problem was an axle that needed to be replaced on my '98 Sportage which they fixed the same day and gave me a free rental.

I am very confident in my new Rio5 (my wife and I have 2). Considering that Kia quality is ten times better now then it was a few years back and I never had a problem back then, then I can assume I should have no problems whatsoever with our 2006 Rio5's!

Before my '98 switch to Kia I was also a Toyota consumer. I am glad I switched to Kia and dont plan on leaving. I am sure that despite the dealer screwing you around, you will be satisfied with your Rio5. Good luck!
  • yeddoyeddo Member Posts: 20
    Thanks for the encouraging words. It's good to hear about the durability. I like driving this car alot.
  • rtimbortimbo Member Posts: 24
    Bought my son a 06 Rio5 3 weeks ago. Wasn't really looking for a new car, but when a local dealer advertised a brand new Rio5 with a MSRP of $14,110 as a "loss-leader" for only $6990 I couldn't resist. I hadn't done much research on the vehicle prior to purchase. I knew I was getting a great deal, but didn't realize I was also getting a great car. I am amazed by its refinement and by the advancements in quality KIA has made over the past few years. Love the sporty handling and comfortable ride.

Car did not have the power package (couldn't expect it for the price), so my son and I installed aftermarket power door locks. Installation was straight forward, but took most of a Saturday morning and afternoon.

All in all, I'm very satisfied with our Rio5 and feel fortunate that I lucked into such a great car.
    $6990 for a new Rio5?? I think that must qualify as the DEAL OF THE CENTURY!!! Was that with just tax and license added? You (and your son) are very lucky people.
    It was $7740 out the door including tax & license. Believe me we feel very lucky as people were camped out at the dealer overnight to get this deal. When the dealer opened his doors at 8 AM it became a mad house. After a heated discussion with the sales manager and the gathered throng/mob it came down to a drawing of numbers from a basket to determine who who get the 1-only deal. I was fortunate enough to draw the number one which allowed me the get the Rio at the advertised price. Needless to say, there were several dissappointed would-be buyers. I felt badly for them since they had waited so long for the opportunity and I had only been there since 7:50 AM, but not badly enough to give up, as you so aptly put it, the DEAL OF THE CENTURY. The sales manager said that, as far as he was concerned, any customer who is at his door when he opens, can buy the sale vehicle.
    Interesting approach by the sales manager. I would think a first-come, first-served approach would be more fair. Oh well. I suppose you realize you could turn around and sell that car and make a few thousand bucks profit?
    With respect fist-come, first served, the sales manager's position was that he was not there all night, so could not, therefore, determine who had been there first. His solution was a compromise at best

Our thoughts are, rather than sell the car right away and pocket some quick cash(we are enjoying it too much for that), we could easily drive it for a few years and then sell it for what we originally paid.
  • madaxemurderermadaxemurderer Member Posts: 1
    Bought an 05 Cinco wagon last night, came home and started doing research, I know, do the research first. Every article I found rated the Kia at the bottom of the vehicle evolutionary chart for dependability and reliability (that's redundant and repeats itself). Went back to the dealer & tried to return it, they told me I was stuck with it. After reading these posts I feel a bit better since so far everyone seems to love theirs. My question is: Does anyone out there agree with these articles that these cars are junk?
  • gilbynziggygilbynziggy Member Posts: 6
    the car is great. it really will run longer than you will live. but the reason why kia is SO low on the charts is because of the materials used and the design.
    face it, the Kia Rio has always had something about it which is a decade behind the competition.
    for the first generation the interior was horrible. comfortable, but horrible. the layout was equal to a 1993 dodge shadow, and honestly the shadow didn't feel cheap. now, when it comes to reliabillity. kia is the first to here of any problems about thier cars. just as toyota, Nissan/Datsun, and Honda did in the 80s. the spectra was a very bad vehicle during its frist generation, but now look at it. it is a CR best buy. and before the spectra, we had the Sephia, and OMG, does anyone else remember the bashing that car recieved. its dateline or 20/20 special on brake failure? the sephia moves up market and became the spectra. the rio filled the hole not having the sephia created. and now...
    even the rio is moving up market! i love the rio. i love kia!!! (except the spectra & sorento, i could never stand them) but the kia rio is still 10 years behind the competition. the new honda fit comes with electric paddle switches for its manual. the Toyota yaris is fast, roomier, and handles better than the rio, plus it is $3,500 cheaper! yes, the rio used to be the cheapest car sold in the states, but the yaris and aveo both beat the rio silly. now kia has vastly improved the interior of the rio. and it may still be an econ-box. but, its twn brother the hyundai accent is getting worse reviews, but more attention.
    i am so proud of kia for all of its achievements in the past few years but the rio is still behind the competition, and it's no longer super cheap. suzuki has three cars cheaper than the rio. toyota has the yaris, honda the fit. nissan the versa (the versa is the worst vehicle i have ever driven TRUST ME). and chevy has the daewoo built aveo. rio is merely a small car with an eco-box heritage. like the civic, corolla, sentra, lancer, heck even the impreza.
    if the price were to come back down, keeping its current options, and maybe adding a sunroof, leather (in the future), and a better stereo. younger buyers will actually consider the rio. also if production wre to be boosted a bit it would help get the name out more. here in iowa we have 100 sedonas for every rio.
    likei said before, i love kia, and the rio cinco, or rio5 as iit is now called still rock. but it still isn't up to par with the rest.
    oh-yeah, and it would help if kia were to get that god awful black plastic body cladding off it. MAN! that irritates the crap out of me. and is honestly the only reason i refuse to get one. i'm considering a reno, or even a used mitsu lancer sportback before i get close to that black cladding.
    seriously! it fades in two years becoming a permenant eye-sore. not to mention. that was SO 1997. and even the cavalier knew it had to stop with the cladding back then.
    from,
    --Rob.
    What sells Kia (at least for me when I bought my 2004 Rio Cinco)is the 10/100,00 mile warrenty. I have yet had a need to use it at 32,000 miles. I agree about the black molding...on mine it's body colored. I wonder if it could be painted.
    I have to admit I am attracted to the 2007 styling of the Aveo...but that center dash display has got to go. The Yaris is not for me period.
  • gilbynziggygilbynziggy Member Posts: 6
    if you were to paint the black plastic cladding it would be out of pocket. i believe the rio cinco never had any black cladding. however, there are no trim options currently available to rid the rio5 of the cladding.
    and a heads up on the warranty, in case you ever upgrade, or get another kia, the full 10-year/100,000 mile deal is only if you buy the car straight up brand new. it isn't transferable. also, that is the same warranty hyundai offers (because it is their warranty originally; kia started with only a 3-year/30,000 mile, remember the sephia and first generation sportage? kia only offered that when it was bought out by hyundai).
    non-transferable warranties, may only be if it is bought used at a dealership, it might be different if from a private owner. and vice versa. however! Suzuki has a fully transferable warranty at 7-year/70,000 miles, and isuzu i think is at 9-year/90,000, again fully transferable regardless of how many owners.
    a couple of my friends were trapped with only the original 36,000 mile/3-year warranty when they bought a sedona and an amanti both at less than 20,000 miles and only one owner. :mad:
    if you were to paint the black plastic cladding it would be out of pocket.

Yes, I know it would be out of pocket. When I first saw it on the '06 I was wondering what were they thinking! :confuse:

the full 10-year/100,000 mile deal is only if you buy the car straight up brand new. it isn't transferable

The full warrenty is not transferable. However the REMAINDER or the 10/100,000 is. I am sure about this as my mom bought a low mileage '05 Rio sedan and it was transferred.
  • misriemisrie Member Posts: 4
    I recently bought a 06 rio sedan. ( HAd a jeep wrangler for years) due to long comute to work wanted to save gas $$. I bought the car for the price and warrenty. I didn't like itat all , it was just transportation. I come find I really love this little car! However, Does anyone else feel it is sloppy in the rain? I have driven front wheel cars before but this one really doesn't feel good to me. I scared thinking about my travel in the snow! Any advice?
    I know it's a different year model, but I have a 04 Rio Cinco and to me it doesn't feel any different in the rain.

My 04 Cinco is my second...first one an 02 Cinco and yes you do tend to become very fond of them. So fond in fact I couldn't let go of my '02!
  • mwrobe1mwrobe1 Member Posts: 7
    What do you mean by "Does anyone else feel it is sloppy in the rain?" I feel like mine is more stable in rain/snow than any car I've owned so far.
  • misriemisrie Member Posts: 4
    I could very well be me. It may be that I'm used to my wrangler that was heavier. It just feels that it feels like it slides in the rain. If its the way it is then I'll deal. Other then that I really am suprised that i've come to love this little car. I get 38 mpg as opposed to 15 that i got with the wrangler which made me sell it since i drve over 100 miles per day. couldn't afford the gas
    Check the air in your tires, could be they are low and thats why it feels s bit off in the rain. I had an Optima before and my Rio5 feels just as stable in the rain as the Optima which is a much heavier car.
  • srubiosrubio Member Posts: 6
    Only the 5/60,000 Limited Basic is transferable. I am a Kia Salesman and thats the only warranty that is transferable.
    When I saw your post I called and talked to the owner of my Kia dealer and he disagrees with you. He said it's a common mistake among salesmen.
  • cinmeg5cinmeg5 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a rio5, and I just love this little car. Drives nice and easy. I have only had it two weeks and haven't had a chance to try it out during bad weather.
  • speedemoncwspeedemoncw Member Posts: 5
    my kia went in 3 foot of water in march but poor Chevrolet camaro got push by the cop car cause it went in it and it got stuck
  • kiahaterkiahater Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone else had a lot of mechanical problems with an 06 Kia Rio? I've had mine in the shop nonstop for various reasons: transmission, the power cuts out while driving, power steering, etc. The worst car dealer in the world, Jerry Smith Kia in Skagit and Whatcom county, WA, refuses to work on it anymore. They have yet to take any responsibilty for a poorly made car. I'm hoping that if other have had similar problems, we can work together to get Kia to take responsibility.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Talk with Ian Beavis – Vice President of Marketing of Kia Motors of America about building the Kia brand in the U.S. Get exclusive takes from an industry leader about Kia's quality, safety, product development and globalization in the automotive marketplace.

Don't miss your chance to chat with Ian Beavis, a veteran in the automotive industry the inside questions you want to know.

Please join us for this live chat with Ian Beavis – Vice President of Marketing of Kia Motors of America tonight from 6-7pm PT, 9-10pm ET
  • bigbudbigbud Member Posts: 1
    Had mine for just over a year, totally reliable and economical. Changed to Castrol Syntec oil recently. On starting up with Syntec I thought the engine had stalled.....it was so quiet. I turned the key and heard the starter pinion clatter against the ring gear as the engine was already running....I should have checked the tachometer. Changed the cabin air filter at 10000 miles.....it's behind the glove box and even my local dealer did'nt know it was there! They had a problem getting it as the part number in their system was incorrect. Only gripe....no Diesel version available in the U.S. The Diesel is awesome.....look it up on Yahoo.co.uk.