Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 Acura TL Type S

167891012»

Comments

• tobini1tobini1 Member Posts: 1
    I have the same exact problem and its gotten worse in its second 6 months of my car's life. Very annoying, but it doesn't happen all the time. I was quite unnerved recently when I had to do an emergency acceleration maneuver and it stuck midway thru the gate while shifting from 2nd - 3rd. I really had to force it, then it popped into 3. I recently read an article in Road & Track about a Civic Si 6-speed that did the same thing (coincidence ?). I am about to have the dealer look into it. But I'm worried they're gonna drive it and say "We can't find anything wrong. It didn't do that for us." since it is an intermittent problem. Please reply if you take it to the dealer. I'd love to know what they say. Sometimes there's a Service Bulletin on things like this posted the MFR and they are aware of the problem, but won't do anything unless you bring it to their attention. Keep me posted. Tobini. end
  • willis3willis3 Member Posts: 76
    TSB issued for the third gear issue. You should be receiving a notice from Acura who will replace the synchros.
  • sicktls4mesicktls4me Member Posts: 30
    Willis3 - pardon the ignorance, but, what does TSB stand for? and, where did you get the info about Acura sending a notice regarding 3rd gear issue/synchros? I just hope this is true from Acura :shades:
  • upstatedocupstatedoc Member Posts: 710
    TSB=Technical Service Bulletin

You can find them at acuraworld.com. :shades:
    thanks for the response!! :shades:
  • mpragemprage Member Posts: 2
    I took my TL type S with the 3rd gear problem to the dealer and they told me that it is a problem covered under warranty. It will take about a week to get the parts and a few days to make the repairs. Apparently is a problem with the synchros, as the prior post had noted. Thanks everyone and good luck!! Still love my car!
    I had my 3rd gear issue updated/fixed (it was the synchros) So far so good!! The repair took only a few hours NOT few days. I did not get a notice in the mail (as someone posted before) from Acura stating that the update is available. I found out when I took my car in for scheduled maintenance. Hope you all have the same luck as I did - my dealership is great - in Northern VA. :shades:
  • willis3willis3 Member Posts: 76
    Glad to hear the repair went well.

I'm still waiting for my notice so I can take my car in.
  • jmacauleyjmacauley Member Posts: 1
    I had the same problem. The dealer could not duplicate the problem. I asked them to change the fluid which they did with new honda fluid. . The problem went away for aprox two months then returned. I heard others solved this by using GM syncromech fluid (which is better than the honda fluid and the dealer indicated he could not put it in under warranty but I could pay for it at the 30K checkup) but I decided to do one better. I put AMS Synthetic Syncromesh Fluid in myself 11+ months ago and it has shifted perfectly for the last 20K miles.
    When I had my sticky manual problem fixed - the dealer replaced the synchronizers. It was a mechanical problem and not a fluid problem. I haven't had any problem since the repair. Good luck to you!!
  • rmn2rmn2 Member Posts: 2
    Any thoughts on a Certified 07 Type-S with 4600 mi (dealer car) for $29k plus TTL? Decent or great price?
  • dymekdymek Member Posts: 1
    Ay guys i just got a tl-s from a delearship called prestige and im having a 3-rd gear grinding problem, may car is used with 35,000 miles.. would the factory warrenty cover me to get it fixed
  • jmccantsjmccants Member Posts: 2
    Hello,
    I have a 2007 Acura TLS with 35,000 miles. Brought it in to my Acura dealer for service and to have the brakes checked since they were squeaking when I would come to a stop. The dealership quoted me $450.00 to replace the front pads and said the squeaking noise was an indicator that the pads were worn out. I have seen brembo pads on internet from $99.00 to around $150.00 each. I thought the $450 was high and wanted some input please. Thanks for the help.
  • pv2pv2 Member Posts: 37
    Just had my front Brembo's replaced a couple of weeks ago (at 20k miles). Some sticker shock at the $395 cost but more disappointed that they only lasted 20k. If you're near end of warranty I'd go after market but if not, go with the dealer.
    Good luck. ;)
  • jmccantsjmccants Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the information.
  • bodble2bodble2 Member Posts: 4,514
    I'm not saying for sure you don't need new brakes, but, generally speaking, squeaking does not mean your pads are worn. Your brakes could still squeak with brand new pads.
  • mreinsantmreinsant Member Posts: 1
    My 07 tl type s is abruptly loosing power at about 5000 RPM but does not do it all the time, its a 6 speed manual with 35,xxx miles and a cold air intake. has anyone heard any problems like this or have the same problem? please email me with any comments. mprx69xyahoo.com
  • verybest_tlsverybest_tls Member Posts: 2
    i have a white 2007 acura tl s but im not happy with the sound the exhaust is giving me. Im looking for something to make my car pur and have that sound that makes people turn their heads. nothing to loud and obnxious. i was looking at greddy evo 2s and flowmasters but i dont know what sounds best. any suggestions?
  • verybest_tlsverybest_tls Member Posts: 2
    i have a white 2007 acura tl s but im not happy with the sound the exhaust is giving me. Im looking for something to make my car pur and have that sound that makes people turn their heads. nothing to loud and obnxious. i was looking at greddy evo 2s and flowmasters but i dont know what sounds best. any suggestions?
  • dane88type_sdane88type_s Member Posts: 2
    i talked to a dealer when i bought mine and he told no.
  • dane88type_sdane88type_s Member Posts: 2
    whats the best cold air intake for a tl s?
    I had AEM installed in mine. Not sure if it's the best for the tl-s. It has a very nice throaty sound when you accelerate hard and the power is there! Very quite at cruising speeds. Not sure what you're looking for in a CAI...good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.