Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Saturn Sky Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited April 2014 in Saturn
Tell us about your Sky purchase experience here.

Comments

• kaymkaym Member Posts: 4
    We are in the process of buying a Sky & the dealership is charging us installation on retailer installed accessories such as the tonneau cover & windscreen. For instance, the wind screen is listed on the Saturn website as costing $318, which is supposed to include the cost of installation at the national average labor rate. But the dealership is charging $450. Is this just another way for the dealership to make a profit? Has anyone else dealt with this issue?
  • stone9896stone9896 Member Posts: 2
    If you're buying a new sky and shopping in the Sacramento area you need to read this!
    A 300 dollar gas cap, 895 dollar car cover. If you think this doesn't sound right then hold onto your wallets. The Roseville Dealership in the Sacramento area does add these costs into overall price on their cars.
    The mark up for after market items can move your price over 10,000 dollar above the cost of the car after all the features are added. Our experience we can share with the readers is be very careful with what is added if your ordering a sky or buying one at the lot. Make sure you see a sticker on the car and if one doesn't appear ask lots of questions.
    We love our car but we recommend you do not shop at Roseville Saturn.
  • stone9896stone9896 Member Posts: 2
    Kaym: I don't know if your beyond the ordering of your car or not but clearly you're seeing the shady side of dealerships. If you have any means of ordering the car from the factory by not using a dealership go for it. They're mark-ups are beyond profit. If you do work through a dealership make sure they list each and every item beyond the items coming from the factory.
    Let me give you an example: If your getting after market rims are you paying for the new rims and the old ones in cost of the car. Make them give you a credit for the old ones. If you don't point this out they will charge you for both.
    Good luck in the hunt. Jeff
  • carguy916carguy916 Member Posts: 11
    That's interesting. I just went to their dealership yesterday and noticed the markups. When I mentioned I might want to order one with the standard mags, I was told the dealer always installs after market wheels, they don't order upgrades from the manufacturer. Gee, I guess they get to keep the original wheels and sell them for even more profits eh? This would be at the expense of the buyer, as the buyer has paid for the original wheels... right? Does Elk Grove follow the same policy? What color is your Sky?
  • kaymkaym Member Posts: 4
    We purchased a Sky red line a couple months ago. When we try to use the on-star feature, the volume is too low to hear. The volume for our radio works just fine. Has anyone else had this problem? The only time I can hear the on-star reps is when the car is stopped & I lean in really close to the speaker & have the volume cranked up to max.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    Hi, kaym..

For a better chance at a response, please post in one of the general Saturn Sky discussions.

You can find them here.

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• wilylonwilylon Member Posts: 1
    just priced out a loaded sky in central colorado..wanted to charge me $3000 over msrp for dealer installed tinted windows, a nose bra, and a hat and jacket!!....I can't believe they get away with this crap...some one should complain to Saturn Company direct..no wonder people buy Japanese cars
    Ask your Sky lease questions here!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• rhonda40rhonda40 Member Posts: 5
    Hello Kyfdx, I'm interested in leasing a 2008 Saturn Sky AT with premium trim. I know this vehicle is in high demand and supply is low. I was wondering is General Motors providing any lease support on this vehicle? If so can you tell me what GMAC's current lease rate and residual value for a 36 month/12K a year lease would be? Thanks......

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

This discussion has been closed.