Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Tahoe Electrical Problems

Comments

• tahoeelectahoeelec Member Posts: 1
    2001 Tahoe LT -- Battery drains approx every three days. There is a short which repeated attempts to diagnose by a reputable mechanic have not been able to locate. The draw is @8V -- low amps-- and drains the battery slowly. There is an after market video unit (installed before original purchase in 2000) and a lowjack system (installed at dealer by lowjack when the Tahoe was purchased in 2002). No other electrical modifications have been made to the vehicle. Tips on troubleshooting the malfunctioning circuit -- or successes and lessons learned that led to correcting similar problems appreciated.
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    edited September 2010
    The info you gave, doesn't make sense....electrically speaking.

Everything is 12 volts, well actually it's more like 14volts, but they call it a 12 volt battery. Not sure who said something about 8 volts, but nothing would be 8 volts.

What drains a battery is 'currrent', which is measured in amps. Perhaps you are mistaken, and the drain is 8 AMPS. That would be a large current drain.

What you need to do, is to put in a meter which measures amperage, and then start pulling the fuses until you see the amperage drop. That will give them an indication which circuit the problem is on, and you can hopefully narrow it down from there. The problem with modifications, is you really don't know where they may have connected those devices to.

You will need a shop that is good at troubleshooting difficult electrical problems, as well as they will need access to the electrical schematics for your vehicle.

It could be many things causing the problem. I have seen on my own vehicles over the years:
    - a bad relay on rear A/C fan, causing the fan blower to be continually on.
    - a bad switch on drivers power seat, causing the seat motor to be energized all the time.
    - a bad switch on trunk light, causing the light to be on all the time.

It really could be anything.
  • tharless1tharless1 Member Posts: 2
    Ok so I found my problem with my 2007 Z71....... believe it or not it was the positive battery cable that fused itself to the frame and actually was arching everytime the car lost power!!! It did blow a fuse and had to replace the cable and harness for the cable, but easy fix for a problem I thought was very major!!!!
    This wear was vibration caused? The insulation wore thru?
  • kapone2010kapone2010 Member Posts: 1
    What year is your Tahoe?
  • southnashsouthnash Member Posts: 2
    The past few days my gauges, radio, A/C, everything would drop to zero upon acceleration & come back on to work like they should. The engine did not stop or stutter. It started ONLY when I would accelerate in gear, not in neutral! When I was stopped yesterday I noticed a small burning smell so I turned off everything & tried to find where it was coming from. At first I though it was from the fuse panel area under the hood but when I turned the key back on to recreate the smell, I seen smoke coming from the driver side dash/air vent so I proceeded to rip off the front dash to put out the fire with my drink.. I could not see exactly where it was coming from & today I really DON'T want to remove my entire dash. Any ideas? Could it just be the gauge cluster? Fuse panel? Please help! Thanks!!!!!
  • southnashsouthnash Member Posts: 2
    I think I found my problem... The main power wire AT THE BATTERY has shorted on the battery box. I moved the wire & now no more gauge/power loss but i'm still worried about the dash.. was this my problem??
    If the short was at the battery to the battery box, then 'most likely' your vehicle wiring wouldn't have been necessarily in the shorted circuit path. Battery plus terminal, to battery box, to frame ground, to engine, to ground strap back to the battery.

Now having said that, IF the engine was running at the time, then in addition to the battery getting shorted, the alternator (because the battery voltage would drop), would pump up it's voltage and current to try and drive the battery voltage back up. So the charging circuit 'may' have also been energized. I would think however that if this was a problem, you would have either blown the main alternator fuse, or the diodes in the alternator.

If it was mine, I'd just watch it closely and see if everything continues to appear okay. Watch to make sure your alternator is charging.

The smoke in the vents, could have come from the outside air draw by the windshield, sucking smoke from the engine compartment, into the duct work and then push it into the passenger cabin.
  • kworlundkworlund Member Posts: 1
    Have you gotten your Tahoe fixed yet? I am having some of the same problems! I would love to know how to fix it! Thanks!
  • nealphxnealphx Member Posts: 6
    No, it's not fixed yet. Right now, it's at the chevy dealership for the 8th time but I believe it is a bare wire touching metal and I think it will be difficult for them to find it.
  • tlewandowskitlewandowski Member Posts: 1
    I've tried searching several sites and this one with no luck finding the exact same symptoms my 99 tahoe is displaying so Im looking for some help.

About a month ago I tried starting my tahoe and and everything went heywire.
    The instrument cluster seems to react then die lights would come on breifly then die, headlights would not though, once everything died a loud clicking noise would start and it was coming from behind the headlight/dome switch. I would turn on and off the headlight switch and turn on and of the dome override button a few times then it would start.

This only happened a few times to begin with but became more of an issue over time until two days ago and haven't been able to start sence. It seems to me that at some times i'm getting the right voltage to everything and at other times I'm not. battery tested fine along with alternator. I have heard of problems with the positive cable but not sure if thats where I should start.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  • carcurious54carcurious54 Member Posts: 6
    After reading forums, realize lots of us have similar problems. We got our car in 2006 and the first day bringing it home it wouldn't start. The dealership said it was probably because it had been sitting on the lot for a while... so we had it jumped. It is now 2010 and we have just put our fourth battery in, this time not getting the battery at the dealership but using a Sears Diehard because the guy who keeps coming out to jump it said the one that Chevy uses isn't strong enough, he gets these calls frequently (and from us, constantly). The day after the new battery we got stranded after just shutting the car off after a day trip in Tahoe, we stopped to get coffee and when we returned to the vehicle - stone dead. Anytime we leave the doors open, tailgate down, to vacumn the car (approx 20-30 minutes) the car won't start and needs to be jumped. Sometimes it is just putting the tailgate down. If we let the car sit for more than a few days without driving it, it won't start. The battery is always stone cold dead - nothing in the car will light up and usually having someone try to jump it with their car will not work, requires the tow truck driver's equipment. The other issue that has now come up is the door trim is discoloring, like rust - we've heard that they are recalling the 2008+ models to replace, but we haven't been included. We also lost our transmission at just under 50K miles - though the dealership repaired it under warranty. We love our Tahoe - WHEN IT RUNS! Hasn't anyone been able to get to the root of this eletrical problem? Does it require a class action lawsuit to get satisfaction? Has the GM gal, Mariah been able to give anyone the answers to these problems?
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Hello Carcurious54,
    I apologize that you are experiencing concern with your vehicle. Do you currently have a case with GM? Can you please e-mail me your VIN and current mileage? You can get my e-mail by clicking on gmcustsvc. Thank you,
    Mariah GM Customer Service
  • ghoskghosk Member Posts: 1
    Hello gmcustsvc,
    I found this post when trying to determine what is happening with my 2007 Tahoe. I am experiencing the same thing and now it will not start at all. Is there a solution this problem?

2007 Tahoe LTZ has an issue of not starting. Battery has been checked and is good. Will hear clicking noises in the door and have been told that this is a security system failure. Sometimes after waiting for 10 or more minutes it will start back up. At other times jumper cables have to be used to get it started. Grounding has been checked and is find. When the issue happens the remote won't work and none of the lights will work.
    Hello Ghosk,
    Have you had the vehicle scanned for codes? How long has the concern been present? Can you e-mail me your VIN and current mileage? You can get my e-mail by clicking on gmcustsvc. Thank you,
    Mariah GM Customer Service
  • 20tahoe0120tahoe01 Member Posts: 1
    Here is :cry: my dilema, 2001 4WD tahoe has been sitting in my drive way since August with no prior problems. I just got another car and have been driving the new one. Since August I had only driven it 7xs since, but periodically turning on the engine and letting it run so my battery wouldn't die.

Heres my problem. i went to turn it on one day and it was no go. The dashboard lights would turn on but the ignition or engine would just give me a clickling noise. Me assuming it was the battery, I gave it a jump and started right away. I drove it atleast 50 miles same day to visit family with no problem and on the way back from visiting the engine shut down on my on the road. I tried to turn it on, but nothing. (Emergency light and dashboard light were still working. Battery gauge was at 10 volts. Bought new battery, turned on with no problem but shortly after it did it to me again. Bought new alternator with new battery. It turns on with no problem but after letting it run for about 20 mins, it shuts down again. What could it be? Is it a bigger problem or possible electric problem? Please help. Oh may I add that my
    keyless remote also gave up on me same time as the battery , could it be related? Appreciate all suggestions.
  • cfr3cfr3 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2003 Tahoe with an overnight batt drain problem. I have found that by taking the BCM /BATT fuse out the car will start the next morning. After finding this out I searched the web for info on that problem and found there was a recall that seemed to fit the problem it required reprogramming the BCM. I took it into the local dealer and they agreed and started the work. an hour later the tech came out and informed me that they had a problem. he tried putting in the new program 3 or 4 times and each time about 3/4 of the way thru it would kick him out of programming. he then looked a little deeper and realized that the recall was not for my truck as I did not have a steering position sensor. I took the car and left on my way home I noticed that my batt guage was on its lowest reading so I stopped at a friends garage and used his meter thew batt& alt where operating properly. I took it back to the dealer. When I got to the tech he said " I was afraid I might have fried the BCM. It is now several days later and I still don't have the car back. at one point they could not even get the car to run. they told me they had to put the BCM in another car to program it then re-install it in my car. Now they want me to take the car. Can anybody give me some advice.,
    You may have had a bad BCM to start with, causing that battery drain. Since it was draining everynight, you'll know within a night or two whether the problem is potentially fixed.
  • noles5309noles5309 Member Posts: 2
    Were you able to get anything resolved with your electrical problems. I am experiencing some same issues. We have come out to a dead battery at least 4 times and we have only had the vehicle for 3 weeks with a whole week in the shop. If we leave the key on to listen to the radio it is dead in less then 5 minutes. They have already replaced a fuse block that was causing the rear lights to stay on after exiting the vehicle.
    After a $350 bill at the dealership, their conclusion was that it was a bad negative cable to the battery. Huh? It's been replaced, and so far we haven't been stranded, but then again, we are really careful to not do anything to use the battery when the car is parked. I don't know if this is really the cause or not...they were talking about corroded battery posts, etc... but again, it died the first day we brought it home (brand new) and it's been nonstop since then - so I'm not buying it...I guess it's a pretty cheap fix to replace the battery cable yourselves and give it a try - $350 was pretty darn steep in my book!
  • 2_blessings2_blessings Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 Tahoe and today the seat heater buttons and memory position seat buttons quit working on the drivers side and the seat heater buttons on the passenger side also quit working. Thought it might be a bad fuse, so changed that but they still do not work. Any ideas on what could be wrong and how much to fix?
    2_blessings,
    I would recommend taking your vehicle to your local dealer of choice. They will be able to assist you with your problem and provide you a quote for the repair.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • vcottonvcotton Member Posts: 1
    My 2000 Suburban is doing the same thing. Battery is now dead. When I go to start the vehicle I get a bunch of buzzing and clicking. The lights on the dash blink off and on. I have never had any problems with this vehicle till now. I wanted to know if you ever got your vehicle fixed and what the problem was. Also, something strange was the other day and alarm went off while we were driving. The radio was off ..it sounded like one of those warnings that come over the radio when there is an emergency alert

Seems like an electrical gremlin.
  • jeffsoucekjeffsoucek Member Posts: 1
    ghosk,
    I have started experiencing the same problem, I just got of the phone with Chevy checking on recalls, they did not find any for my particular vehicle, however they did post a special bulletin SB07120 Battery Cable mis-routed. On some vehicles apparently one of the battery cables comes in contact with the power steering pulley from time to time and wears down the insulation. Some times the bar wire will come in contact and can cause issues with lights flickering, vehicle not to start. I'm in the process of checking this out myself and will post results. Also you may check and see if your vehicle may fall under recall 07007B or 07033. From what I understand this covers re programming the ECM to keep various accessories from draining the battery after the vehicle is shut off. To check to see if you your vehicle falls under any of these recalls or special bulletins call 1-800-222-1020. I was able to get through pretty quick. Hope this is some helpful information.
  • luvmytahoe06luvmytahoe06 Member Posts: 1
    my 2006 tahoe z71 has been perfect until the last 2-3 years when i started having one electrical issue after another..same thing over and over...in and out of the dealership over and over..sometimes for days. first the dvd wouldnt work..took like 10 visits for that to finally resolve. then i had the battery issue others have mentioned. heard if you leave ANYTHING on..phone charger, etc..it will zap it. greattt. just got stranded in the mtns after 20 min of shopping and needed a new battery. now i just dont trust it. its still making screeching noises from the radio when i turn the car off. its getting old. the car doesnt even have 55k mi on it yet. thank goodness its still under warranty (extended) and my dealership has been great...but its the hassle and now the lack of trust. we need to upgade to a suburban but now im hesitant to get another chevy..
    thoughts? :confuse: :lemon:
    I just got another mssg from someone else - the dealership ended up replacing the battery cables..... after four batteries and being jumped once a month, we have gone 1 month without calling our tow truck driver. We also replaced the last battery with a Sears Die Hard - but before the cables were replaced the battery discharged like all the others . . . was still new enough that it could be revived.... We are keeping our fingers crossed but we still carry jumper cables with us - ridiculous for a car that cost us over $55,000 and is a 2007.
    carcurious54,
    Please let us know if your problem comes back!
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • jthawk101jthawk101 Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I have a 2008 Chevy Tahoe LTZ 1. It is the top of the line Tahoes that Chevrolet put out in 2008. Out of the several Tahoes sold in my town ours is the only one that has an electrical problem and it is not the battery. It has been in the shop for the same problem 9 times and GM will not step up to the plate and fix the situation. I keep hanging on to this Tahoe because it came from the factory loaded and not built at the dealer. The dealership has done every thing possible to fix it and I realize they can only do so much. I called several attorneys and all they want to do is get a refund from GM. If there is a GM rep reading this, please note, I am going to the media, on all news television stations in town and bad mouthing GM. GM got a bailout from the taxpayer but when it comes time for us to get help GM is no where to be found. We no longer want our Tahoe, I think that we have been patient enough. It is defective and "WE WANT A REPLACEMENT" :lemon: .
  • jdtech01jdtech01 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I have a 2009 Tahoe LTZ. Though we have had many problems as well with our Tahoe...our main problem is the navigation/radio screen turns off & on...we have had it to the dealer 5 times...they can't "duplicate this problem"...they have replaced it once & it continues to give us trouble...it now has some addtional problems: directions will not download to car & at the start up we get a white system LOADING screen...making the radio, navigation, & back up camera screen USELESS & the clock each time the vehicle is turned on is showing the wrong time!?!?!...just took in for service again last week...I am so frustrated...& just so they couldn't say that they "couldn't duplicate this problem" I sent a picture to the service manager!...after getting serviced was told it is "updates from OnStar" per service dept...WHATEVER! No one else I know has any of these issues...Makes me so angry!!! Any help would be greatly apprecited.... :confuse:
    Don't know what to tell you. I know that the dealership can only do so much. When you buy a new vehicle, you have to remember that the dealership is selling you what they presume a vehicle with no problems. It is up to the manufacture to step up and do what they need to do for us. After all they did get a bailout from us. I am not one of those political types, but it make sense. I know what I'm going to do. :shades:
    I forgot to mention one thing and that is that I still would not buy anything other than a Chevy, Ford or Dodge?. Even though Dodge is in the hands of Fiat it is still an American name plate. :blush:
    jdtech01 ,
    I apologize for your frustrations. Can you please email me with your VIN and current mileage as well as your user name from here? I would like to look into this further for you.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • jsmall423jsmall423 Member Posts: 3
    I have an 07 Tahoe that periodically will be completely dead in our garage. Probably 15-20 times since we got it in September of 06, we special ordered it, my wife will go to leave and there will not even be enough juice to turn on the dash lights. Its been probably 7-8 month's since the last time it happened but it happened again this morning. There has only been 1 instance where it did it back to back days. Usually it is 3-6 months in between times. I have tested the battery and it tests fine, so I don't feel that is the problem. My dealership sounded shocked and then wouldn't return my phone call. I did turn it in under warranty at least once and I think twice for the same issue. After talking to an employee they told me that ie a common problem with the 07 yr model and that there are 29 different computers on the car. It is next to impossible to know which one it is unless his diagnostic is connected while it is happening. After seeing how many people are having this problem surely GM should have a recall on something.
  • jsmall423jsmall423 Member Posts: 3
    Also, nothing is left on because when I connect the battery charger to it, nothing comes on in the vehicle. I bought her one of those jump boxes, and that doesn't even give it enough juice to spin over. Once I use the battery charger to crank it and Let it run for a little while everything is fine, at least for a few months anyway.
  • smorton1smorton1 Member Posts: 7
    This is excactly what I have been expericing. I'm currently arguing with GM to get this fixed.
    jsmall423,

My name is Jared and I am assisting Christina on Edmunds. Please email us with your contact information, VIN and mileage. Also include your Edmunds username and a brief description of the issue.

-Jared Duane
    GM Customer Service
  • steveqsteveq Member Posts: 14
    Jared,

Can you also help me with this problem? I have already taken my 2007 Tahoe regarding this problem and they couldn't find anything. I now have another appointment this Monday but I anticipate that they will still not solve the problem. I will email you my contact information, VIN, and mileage.

Steve
    Steve,

I would like to look further into your situation. Could you please email me your contact information, VIN and current mileage? Please include a description of the problem you are experiencing.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • exintrunkexintrunk Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2003 Tahoe with a very intermittent issue. Occasionally after starting the car the message "rear access open" appears and all the interior lights come on like the door is open. It is not. This may stay this way as i drive down the road for up to 1/2 hour and then just turn off and everything is normal. this may occur every time I start it today or it may not happen for months. there appears to be nothing I can do to influence it either to act up or stop acting up. One interesting this is that the rear wiper will work when in this condition. Any ideas?
  • keithsplacekeithsplace Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2011
    04 Tahoe:I had the same problem with my 04 Tahoe. It started
    months ago, the heater kicked on with the a/c on high, it would only blow hot air.
    Couldn't figure out what was going on, sort of an uncomfortable ride home, lucky it was short. Problem cleared after it sat and re stared it, and only did it one time more.
    Then a couple weeks ago the battery was dead in the morning. Had to jump it.
    I purchased the Tahoe used 1 year ago, and the battery was about 4 years old so I put a new battery in. Then I had a dead battery again after a couple days of not running the vehicle, I had to jump a couple of times the next week. I checked the battery and alternator free at the auto parts store, both checked good.
    Took to trusted shop and cleared all codes then found one that would not clear or reset, the mode accuator for the hvac system was bad.
    Part was $199 , total bill 391.00. Will post later if this did not fix the battery drain and weird heat a/c problem.
    Suspect the hatch or window close switch
  • dietz22dietz22 Member Posts: 1
    I'm having a problem with the fuse on my 2003 Tahoe. Each time I replace the fuse that controls the dash board lights and rear tail lights, within a minute it blows again. I just replaced the entire headlight switch thinking that could be the problem, but again, within a minute or so, the fuse popped again! Any ideas?
  • wpullianwpullian Member Posts: 1
    Quite funny everyone is having these problems. Now I know Iam not alone. I have a 2006 Chevy Tahoe. I can't leave it on or I will need a jump and the air in the rear comes on by itself . Battery is fine. Now I can't a diagnostic reading because that device is not working. This is crazy. GM need ot fix their vehicles.
  • ldreesldrees Member Posts: 2
    I'm having the same problem on my 2002 Z71. Can't figure out what's causing it either. The other day when I got into the car the radio was on ( no key in ignition) then about half a mile down the road the radio went silent and all lights on my dash went out. We replaced a fuse, but it immediately popped again. The car starts and runs fine right now, but yesterday when I was drivin it the door locks went off(on). Really stinks because I was looking at buying a new one in September, but this has me really questioning that decision. Any ideas on how to fix??
  • gzrglydegzrglyde Member Posts: 2
    We could not unlock the 05 Tahoe with the remote. Figured battery was dead in remote. Opened door with key and the security light came on...started and drove home. Changed batteries in fobs. This morning, neither fob would unlock the Tahoe. Used the key. Put key in ignition, truck started then immediately shut off...4 times. Power locks would not work with fob or door switches. Checked fuses...good. Tried ignition again, and it started and ran. Power locks worked. Turned off ignition, got out...locked with fob. Tired fob 2, would not work. Tried fob 1, doors unlocked after 3-4 second delay. Got in, started fine...wondered why interior lights did not come on when doors were unlocked with fob. Turned off ignition and turned on over hear light above dash...both lights pulsed and I could hear a clicking noise from the dash. Turned overhead lights off. Turned on headlights...they also pulsed and I could hear the clicking. Might this be an ignition or other relay?
    gzrglyde,
    I apologize for your concerns. I would recommend atleast having the vehicle diagnoised by a GM dealer. This will help you in atleast figuring out what the problem is. Please keep me updated on your situation.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • sean61sean61 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2003 Tahoe Z71 with 117k miles. A couple of weeks ago some wierd things started to happen while I was driving. While driving, the check engine light came on and then immediately went off. When this happened, all the locks cycled. That happened several times on the 15 minute drive home from work. I didn't have any further issues for 3 days. The next time I had trouble, the same thing happened several times and then my ABS light and E-brake light came on and stayed on and the message center told me to service my brakes. About five minutes after that, the message center told me that I had reduced engine power and the throtle quit responding to added pressure while I "coasted" to a stop. Turned the tahoe off and it would not turn back on. Sat on the side of the road for about 30 minutes and tried to start it again. This time it started with no trouble. On the remaining drive home, the locks cycled a few more times but no other issues.

The next morning I drove it to the Chevy dealership and explained what was happening. They checked the car and there were no recorded fault codes in the system. According to them, the battery was bad and the battery connections were loose and that was causing the issue. I replaced the battery and continued to have the same issues. When I took it back to the dealership, they said the battery connections were loose again and that I just needed to tighten them back down if it happened again. I said ok and left. On the way home I encountered the same problems and checked the battery connections - they were tight.

I drove it to an independent shop and explained what was happening to them. They came to the same battery conclusion and modified the connections so that there was more contact area. This did not work so I returned it to them.

Last Monday they took it for a test drive and it broke down on them. They walked back to the shop and called me to explain what happened. When the tahoe broke down they said they thought they could smell burning wires but could not find any burnt wires between the battery and started. The starter was removed to check and was said to be needing replacement. I spent $350 to have that work done. When they test drove it again, it again broke down on them. This time they could not get it started unless they hit the dash. When they stopped hitting the dash, the car would turn off. This of course led them to think the issue has something to do with the dash. They removed the dash and could not find any burnt wires but saw some burn marks on the back of the instrument cluster. They now want to replace the instrument cluster ($400+) with not promise that will fix the problem. Oh, and as of Friday, the tahoe does not run at all right now.

Has anybody on here encountered the same issues and if so, what was the cause. I can't afford to keep fixing random things that might be the cause of the problem just to find out they are not.
  • tuckerbytuckerby Member Posts: 1
    Ohhhhhhhhhh Man, I had this same problem with my 2003 z71 Suburban with 150k. I am going to tell you right now that things will not get any better.

It started with the locks randomly cycling while driving, I didnt think to much of it at the time because I thought someone accidently hit the unlock/lock button. From there on, it was all down hill. The reduced engine light would randomly come on while on the highway and I would have to pull off. I traced the problem to an electrical wire (Yellow and Black) that led toward the back of the engine (sorry for being vague but I got rid of the car and can't remember the exact location). It seemed to have some corrosion on it and when i cleaned it off and fiddled with it the car would resume running regular. This helped but when I took it to the dealer and had them look at it they told me that there were some loose wires connecting to the engine mount. The repaired that and also replaced the instrument cluster.

2 weeks later while on a vacation I was going about 75 mph on the high way and my car turned itself off: electricity, Power steering, power brakes, everything went, my suburban basically died on the highway. I got it off the road and I had it towed to the dealership. They told me I was looking at around $10,000 worth of damage. Transmission went, 4x4 module went, Engine had to be rebuilt, bearings exploded and caused other damage.

I got a second opinion and he quoted it at $8,000. I wasn't going to pay for it so we ended up buying a 2010 z71.

Good luck with it, but i'd get rid of it before disaster strikes.
  • shaymamashaymama Member Posts: 1
    Whats going on??? Occassionally my battery will not start. It and the alternator has been tested and is good. Today, my "change oil" appeared and it showed it was at 0%, but the oil is absolutely fine ALSO, I can use my remote to try and unlock my doors and it will honk at me like its going to but it dosnt, I have to manually unlock the door. The battery thing scares me! Its completely unpredicatable and Im afraid that this pregnant lady is going to get stranded. Our local mechanic and dealership could not find an issue. Im not making things up, my tahoe has issues I need fixed. Any suggestions?
  • popa4th3boyspopa4th3boys Member Posts: 2
    2005 tahoe..battery light and odometer light continue to blink when turned off. open door and windows still work and radio still plays. i have a clicking noise from under the dash on passenger side. is this a big problem???