Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus GS 350

1234568»

Comments

• lz4004lz4004 Member Posts: 37
    i guess that`s what my dealer has done on my 2008. TBS-0040. They did it at 10k, Now 10 months later the cold temps have them squeeling again. only have 12k total miles on car. Now what is the dealer going to do. Anyone else going through this?
    My steering wheel slides back and tilts up when turning engine off. The seat does not move. Maybe there is a memory program for the seat,I have not checkd that yet.
  • jtlouisjtlouis Member Posts: 1
    Do you happen to have the Service Bulletin #s that applied to your particular case?

I had to replace my front brake pads at 13k miles, so a tech suggested going to a ceramic pad and matching rotors for longer life.

Now, I have driven another 11k miles and am being told that the pads are just past their wear indicators and that I need to do a front brake job again.

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much!
    For the 2008. TSB- 0040. The dealer put upgraded pads,rotors and anti squeel shims. Did you have a lexus dealer do the brake job? If so,call lexus support.
  • jliu8126jliu8126 Member Posts: 1
    i just had my brakes done again for the third time for my 08 gs. it's been 2 days so far..no squeaking as of yet. but it's also the second time they've changed my brakes and rotors and used the anti-squeel shims. NO LUCK! I thought we were paying for great cars. it's making me want to change cars. suggestions?
    It is a great car though the sqeaky brakes in the winter months. In the warmer months i have 1 squeel with the first use of the brakes, then it`s fine. I`ve opt out on a second TSB. I only have 13k. The service was done at 9k. I don`t see any point in doing another.
  • sanishsanish Member Posts: 66
    edited August 2011
    Why would they design this car with Accord front and Sonata rear :confuse:
  • sjf74sjf74 Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2011
    I have a 2009 GS350 with 29,000 miles on it. Two of my tires have a side wall bulge. Does anybody think this should be covered under warranty? There is no damage to tire or rim, this just occurred spontaneously.

Also, can anyone tell me the benefits of replacing tires with same Yokohamas ($1700) versus Michellin ($1100).
  • rgalluccirgallucci Member Posts: 16
    I have an 07 GS350 and I replaced the run flats with Michellins after driving the car a few thousand miles and noticing the harsh ride and tendancy to pull when road conditions were uneven. I have 30,000 miles on them and they are still perfect. I personally would recommend the Michelins.
  • momafleamomaflea Member Posts: 8
    I just bought a 2008 gs350. I have noticed a noise in the dash when I am on very rough roads, train tracks, brick walkways. Where is this noise? cant seem to figure out where its coming from. Is that what yours was doing? And that brake dust, every day it has to be wiped off. Brake squeak sometimes. more at a lower speed. I owned a 98gs300. never had these problems. Help me with that dash noise please!
    Where is this noise coming from? Only happens on really rough roads, railroad tracks or brick walkways. How do you pinpoint this? Sounds like its behind gauges then it sounds like its over behind nav area. Please help. will drive me crazy!!!!
    i BOUGHT MINE BRAND NEW IN 2008. BOTH ISSUES WERE A PROBLEM. THE BRAKE DUST AND SQUEAKS WERE A TSB, REPLACING A NEW TYPE ROTORS AND PADS AT NO COST. THE SECOND ISSUE ON THE DASH, i WAS LUCKY AND HAD NO PROBLEM WITH THE DASH NOISE.
  • rgalluccirgallucci Member Posts: 16
    The dash noise in my 07 GS350 was fixed by the dealer at no charge. They had to pull the dash out, an all day job. It solved the problem. The only residual problem I have now is engine vibration at idle, and it has been there since the car was new. The car does run well.
  • chucko3chucko3 Member Posts: 793
    The dash noise is coming from the gap between the windshield and the dashboard around the vent outlet on the driver side and/or the passenger side.
    Mine is more pronounced on the passenger side.
    I stuffed a soft foam on both sides. When the car runs over rough surface, the dashboard moves a bit and rubs against the windshield. That causes the creaking noise.
    Regarding the squealing brake, there is a TSB for it.
  • mlinggamlingga Member Posts: 60
    Having gone through nightmares with my mechanically similar '08 Toyota Avalon Limited, I now find that one of the two headlights has burned out on my '08 GS350. I was disappointed, but not surprised, to find out that the GS has the same, idiotic design that requires that the front bumper cover be removed in order to change the bulb. Add the three hours of labor to the Lexus list price for the replacement bulb of $175, and you're looking at over $400 to change a headlight. What a load of %&*%.

At any rate: having replaced two sets of HID bulbs on my Avvy, now the question is what folks' experience has been with the GS. The first set of HID's I bought for the Avvy were no-name bulbs online, which burned out in less than a year. I then purchased Phillips brand bulbs. So far OK but it's been less than a year. Had a body shop change the bulbs which they did for much less than the dealer's price.

Has anyone purchased a brand of bulb other than the Lexus OEM bulb? And a picture I saw of the purported OEM bulb suggests it's a Phillips, which I can buy online for less than half of the lexus price. Can anyone confirm it the OEM bulb is a Phillips? Has anyone tried to change the bulbs themselves?

What a pain. My '07 Suburban still has original halogen bulbs, which I can buy for $20 and replace myself in 10 minutes. Good thing I got the Lexus LOL
  • smoke9smoke9 Member Posts: 2
    I have an 07 GS350 and my husband replaced the bulb. We ordered one online for about $100 and he just changed it. I know it didn't require much because he is not very mechanical. I am pretty sure he did so under the hood behind the light kit.
    I tried the soft foam. didnt work. I did pinpoint were it is. If you lay your hand on the bump behind the steering wheel above the gauges, it stops. Its at the dealer right now and they are fixing it. I hope!!!!
    looks better!!
  • carguy0522carguy0522 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    Took My 08 GS 350 to the dealer yesterday with 57,000 miles on it. I purchased my car brand new and opted for the additonal 100,000 warranty. My GS sounds like a riding mower with 400,000 miles. I can hear it thru the fire wall & it gets louder on the highway on acceleration. The clicking/Tapping is always there even at idle in park. People have said "what the heck is wrong with your car"? I swear its the lifters or the Valves/springs. I've worked on cars myself and grew up around mechanic's. The Service advisor's answer....."it's the high pressure fuel pump" It's normal".....what a load of bull! Plus they claimed no recall's on my car for lifter's or valve springs, which i know is a lie, i just read a press release Lexus put out for faulty valve springs.
    I'm printing out the recall and sending it in with a letter to the General Manager because i know they are going to give me the run around.
    Anybody have any of the same thing going on? Any Lexus Mech's out there that can give me the inside scoop?

Thanks, much appreciated!!
    I also have this same noise. I had a 98 gs that had 187k on it and was quiet, so when I bought this 2008 gs in oct with 37k on it I had taken it back because my husband said there was lifter noises. They claim its the fuel injectors. its the 1st year for that type so they are quite loud. they claim they changed the pressure from 50lb to 1500lb and thats why they are so noisey.
    I took my 08 gs 350 in last nov. for the valve spring replacement covered under warranty. The rather somewhat clicking noise in the engine is still the same after the valve springs were replaced. The dealer said this is normal for this engine.
    The knocking noise in my dash is gone. dealer pulled dash and fixed it. had car for 2 days. they said it wasn't the noise that other owners had. I am very happy not hearing that anymore. now to solve the brake dust and sometimes squeek of front passenger brake.
    noise in dash is fixed. yey! dealer pulled dash and fixed. they had for 2 days. driven now for awhile rough roads no noise. so happy!!!
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A reporter is hoping to interview car-shoppers under 34 years old to learn whether they are interested in the new "near-premium" offerings from Acura, Audi, Buick and Lexus. Thanks for responding to PR@edmunds.com by Thursday, March 29, 2012 with your daytime contact info and a sense of whether you think those vehicles are well-suited to you and your peers.
  • abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,255
    Just took delivery on a new 2013 GS350 with luxury pkg, Mark Levinson audio, preferred luxury pkg, blind spot alert, heads up display, parking sensors, NAV pkg, MSRP was $58,800. This is my first Lexus since 2001, when I had a GS300.

Got a stupendous end-of-the-month deal of $53,000 plus tax and fees thanks to a $1500 conquest cash incentive available on the GS350 ($54,500 less $1500 conquest). Great ride and handling and increased horsepower to 306.

The technology is more than awesome with what seems like scores of buttons and a 12" split screen for NAV and system displays. I had owned BMW 535's and Mercedes E350's and wanted a sport sedan that had sport handling with a luxury ride and the GS350 fit the bill.

The interior is that new Flaxen perforated leather to accommodate ventilated seats. Charcoal wood trim with wood and leather steering wheel compliments the more luxurious interior and pleasing ergonomics of the GS. Flaxen is a saddle interior and the exterior is a metallic gray.

After getting out of a German sports sedan, the first noticeable difference is the ease of handling and luxury ride as opposed to the overly stiff and hard riding German models in this market segment. The car is about the same curb weight as the BMW, Mercedes and Audi, but handles like a heavier, better balanced luxury sedan. With the 306 hp V6, the GS350 is equal to the task of luxury married to an adaptive handling sport sedan via the ability to select a sport ride and handling setting or a more reserved luxury setting with the turn of a switch on the driver's console.

The learning curve to master the vehicle's technology and settings will be a steep one, but I am looking forward to that ride as well.

In summary, this vehicle is a must to test drive before making a final decision on one of the German entries.

2021 Genesis G90

What dealer did you purchase from? I`ve never seen them discounted,not even a 2012. i live it ct. All 3 dealers won`t budge unless it`s a demo.
    which dealer....

First of all, I was in the business and managed several dealerships so I know about invoices, conquest cash, incentives, etc. That being said, the dealership I bought from is in Florida - 2 of the country's 4 biggest dealerships are here and competition is fierce. Finally, this is the end of the month - best time to get a great deal on any make of car.

If you are willing to come to Florida, i know you can get a similar deal.

2021 Genesis G90

• zoombie99zoombie99 Member Posts: 320
    There are now good deals in the NY metro area and there were some great deals the past few days since it was the end of the month. You should be paying no more than a grand over invoice.
    BMW 2019 540x Bluestone
    BMW 2019 Glacier Silver X3 30i being built to replace a 2017 X3 (wife's)
    ...no more than a grand over invoice..."

Probably can get the same deal I got then if you are driving a qualifying competitor's luxury vehicle - $1500 conquest. Don't know if that will continue in May. Conquest certificates are given to dealers based upon their sales. The bigger the dealership, the more conquest certificates they are allocated. In Connecticut, with smaller dealerships, it's possible they ran out of conquest certificates before the end of the month. Pays to buy from a bigger dealership where they have more certificates and more flexibility in pricing.

2021 Genesis G90

Conquest expired in the northeast at the end of March. Some dealers have certificates but they don't apply to the GS. It is my understanding that dealers in Florida had a program that may end today. I am dealing with one of the largest dealers in the NE. I didn't pull the trigger because they didn't have it in the color and equipment I want.
    BMW 2019 540x Bluestone
    didn't have it in the color and equipment I wanted

The car I bought wasn't my first choice for color or equipment, wanted silver but settled for gray with the Flaxen (I think that's the color's name - saddle color) and I didn't want the heads up display, but the price was right and I got financing at 2.6% for 60 months. Availability of colors with the Levinson audio package which was a must for me, was not good and we have the largest and third largest Lexus dealerships down here. So, it was now or never so I did the deed.

2021 Genesis G90

• peterjhpeterjh Member Posts: 11
    edited May 2012
    Just picked up a brand new 2013 GS350 (white).

MSRP: 52,517
    Negotiated: 48,100
    Final Price: 46,600 (after a $1500 conquest incentive)
    They also threw in 2yr / 24,000 miles free maintenance.

One problem I had is that I was going to pay full cash for the car, but the dealer said I'd need to finance $10K to receive the conquest incentive. So I ended up financing 10K @ %4.99 interest, but I will pay it off in 2 - 3 months.

Hope this helps!
    ...but will pay it off in 2 or 3 months...

I don't remember my dealer telling me that the conquest certificate required that the new GS350 had to be financed - although it is possible - but usually conquest cash does not require that. Be interested in finding out if that was a requirement or if they scammed you into a loan, no matter how short term it is. Anyone out there know the answer?

Sounds like you got a great deal. That's why I bought one - unfortunately because I had to have the Levinson package and NAV package and NOT the sport model, I ended up with more than I wanted and an exterior color that was not my first choice. Sure didn't need the Intuitive Park Assist here in Florida (no parallel parking down here) nor the Head's Up Display and the Blind Spot Monitor, but the ride and handling are superb! The MSRP on mine was $58,880, or about $2000 more than I wanted, but there was nothing else available and the deal with the conquest was just something I couldn't walk away from.

Good luck and enjoy your new car!

2021 Genesis G90

• peterjhpeterjh Member Posts: 11
    Yep, so initially, I walked out from the dealer, thinking that they are trying to 'scam' me. However, I ended up calling Lexus HQ office and they did confirm that the Conquest incentive is only available if financed / leased through Lexus. I also called 2 other local dealers and they all confirmed...

They all told me to keep the loan for min 2 - 3 months before paying off. I did the math, probably paying approx $130 in interest...

BTW, the car is amazing. :)
    so initially, I walked out from the dealer, thinking that they are trying to 'scam' me

Like I mentioned in my previous post, when I bought my car down here in Florida, they did not mention to me that the $1500 conquest required a loan with Lexus Financial Services - and I figured out why - I have a small loan ($16,000) for 60 mos with Lexus Financial at 2.6% on the new car. I now know why they moved me from Bank of America to the Lexus Financial Services loan - had to have some financing with LFS to qualify. Makes sense now. Glad you checked it out - I have never heard of a conquest being tied to a specific loan/lease requirement - and now I have.

Yes, the car is awesome - a little more powerful than my 2012 Mercedes was, more comfortable to sit in, that's for sure, the choice of econo, Sport or Sport + settings for ride and handling, and the more comfortable ride. Quieter than the Mercedes as well and much less expensive. My Mercedes was $62,325, or about $4,000 MORE than my GS350 - but my GS350 has much more on it, even though the Mercedes was a P2 package car - top of the line.

I don't use the Intuitive Park Assist (no parallel parking down here), don't pay much attention to the Blind Spot Monitor as it picks up a car in the lanes to the left and right of me too late for me to do much about it, and the Heads Up Display is convenient for speed, but that's why I have a speedometer.

I have the NAV package, the Levinson Audio Package and the Upgraded luxury package - like being in front of my computer at home, to be honest with you. Heavy on the Technology, and it will take me months to figure it all out.

Enjoy!

2021 Genesis G90

What I've noticed is that the new Lexus GS 350 rides like an LS 460 and has the handling of a Mercedes-Benz E350 sport. It also has all the luxury features and technology of the new LS 460 PLUS some new features that the GS350, LS460 and Mercedes have never had.

Best darn car I've ever owned and driven!

2021 Genesis G90

• sjr200sjr200 Member Posts: 8
    I second this. I picked up a GS 350 FSport, Starfire Pearl/Cabernet Interior, Nav, Parking assist, Blind spot, paint protection about 3 weeks ago. It handles like a dream, comfortable, fast, smooth, loaded with tech and looks fantastic.

I personally love the brushed aluminum trim that comes with the FSport. And the red interior, just awesome. I can also say that the standard sound system sounds great. I know some audiophiles insist on the Mark Levinson, but honestly, you dont need it with this model. It's far superior to the sound system in my wifes RX 350. (something she complains about every time she is in my car lol) I couldn't be happier. I'm in So Cal and it makes the commute so much more enjoyable.

If you are shopping around in the class, especially in the sport dpt... BMW 5, Merc E350, Audi A6, give the GS 350 FSport a look. You won't be dissapointed.
    I've had some real problems with my new 2013 Lexus GS350's tires. They say it's not balancing since they rebalanced the tires twice. There is a vibration in the steering wheel when the tires are cold. The vibration is so pronounced that I get a rattling sound in my dashboard. Dealership says they can't do anything unless Lexus authorizes that the tires be changed. I've contacted Lexus, but I am not getting anywhere WIYH them. My service dept. told me there have been several reports of complaints about vibrations in the steering wheel in different parts of the country, but Lexus refuses to do anything.

I sure hope this isn't another hidden problem with Toyota products that Toyota refuses to admit!

Be careful when you test drive one to make sure there is no vibration in the steering!

2021 Genesis G90

Some models had a steering issue which was corrected but it was not related to the tires. See further postings on clublexus gen4 forums
    BMW 2019 540x Bluestone
    Steering problems

I checked that out, but I did not see anything about steering problems in the new 2013 GS 350. My assistant service manager at Lexus told me he drove one of the 2013 GS 350s the use for loaners and it had the same problem. I asked him about the steering problem, and he said he was not aware of any steering problems in the 2013 GS 350, just several complaints regarding tires!

So I'll have to wait until Lexus makes up their mind about what they plan to do!

Thanks for the feedback as well as input.

2021 Genesis G90

• SeegarzSeegarz Member Posts: 11
    I've put 5000 miles on my GS350 since purchase mid-August and I must say this is the best vehicle I've ever driven. The comfort, engine smoothness, handling, acceleration just simply outstanding. My only complaint is that BSM should come with the Premium package. I had it on a Mazda6i and it is great function to have. The other was that I had to break the center console cup holder cover to retrieve my DL and C/C that fell behind it when it popped open. Fortunately, the dealer replaced it free of charge even though it wasn't under warranty. The service reps at the Lexus San Diego dealer were awesome... kudos to the internet team as well that sold me this ride. I can't say enough about it!! Best $50,000 I ever spent.
  • ara3ara3 Member Posts: 10
    Got a 2013 GS 350 awd F Sport in Liquid Platinum. Best quality car I have ever driven. Absolutely fantastic. There is nothing to complain about, and this comes after having an '06 piece of crap and a pretty nice '08. This car is sweet and amazing. Of note is how the new iPhone 5 interfaces. Texts come in and you can play the messages aloud if you wish. Very cool. So far, replies are not working. Not sure why. Talking messages also work with incoming emails...awesome...this car is a winner! :)
  • rbirns1rbirns1 Member Posts: 311
    I have something to complain about--rear seat headroom. The outboard seats are fine, but the rear middle seat is severely lacking. I am 6-2, and I need to lean forward and duck my head to fit in the middle. The seat is unusable for anyone over about 5-9. I don't mean uncomfortable, I mean unusable. You cannot have three adults or tall kids in the back. Deal breaker for me. If you ever carry three in the back, be sure to check this yourself before buying.
  • murdock04murdock04 Member Posts: 1
    How much discount should I expect to get for a new 2013 GS350 with a sticker price of $53,375?
    All depends on what state it is. In my state ct,i purchased my 2011 gs350 new.
    I checked prices with 3 of the ct.dealers. One took off only $700. They even had a hard time doing that even though it was my second purchase. Quote`We Don`t Discount`Lexus policy`
    How much discount should I expect to get for a new 2013 GS350 with a sticker price of $53,375?

I bought mine for invoice less $1500 for a conquest incentive they had going at the time. It depends on where you live.

2021 Genesis G90

• ralfrozayralfrozay Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    What's up everybody, I live in Miami, FL and Im really interested in getting the Lexus GS350 F Sport and am looking for the best deal around. What would make that possible and what would I need to be under $500 a month if even possible with less than 2k down payment.

Thanks for any responses.

PS. Im planning on purchasing next sunday, Feb 24
  • gs350_2013gs350_2013 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    Well, this is a major issue with this Lexus. The size of the middle rear seat is simply ridiculous!

Any normal adult would suffer to sit there and hardly the head has to be stuffed!

The ES & the IS is much better, while is are smaller and cheaper than the GS but the middle rear seat head-room is away better than this GS!

I have bought a GS but I am waiting the car as the colour I wanted is not available 'black in black'. I am so excited but I will always consider this car as a car for four passengers only!
  • gs350_2013gs350_2013 Member Posts: 2
    Maybe you do not value this answer, but simply the reason of buying a GS not an ES is the driveline which Rear Wheel Drive.

having 306HP over the Rear wheels is a joyful experience that an ES can not afford!