Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura RDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ericvdzericvdz Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a FWD With TECH Package from Wier Canyon Acura in Orange County, CA for $32,050. That price does not include tax or license, but it did include All dealer fees, destination charges, ect...
  • monstermjpmonstermjp Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2011
    I live in the Southern Maryland area. I just purchased a 2011 RDX AWD with tech package for an out the door price of $37,936,86 OTD. Vehicle price was $35,431. I purchased it from Criswell Acura of Annapolis MD. The whole process was a breeze, no haggling at all. I had a price of $35,500 in mind as a fair price. I received an online quote of $35,431 when I sent a request for a best and final price. Was also promised a few free goodies when I pick it up.

Originally test drove the 2010 version thinking it was the 2011. Later I was told it was the 2010. I was offered the opportunity to purchase it for abot $1,000 less than the newer model. The tester had 250 miles on it and looked like it had seen a few road tests. I opted for the brand spanking new one with 5 miles on it. Black on black. Will be arriving hopefully this weekend.

Thank you to all the posters who have posted their experiences as they helped me determine the price I was willing to pay. No haggling and only one qoute request. I live in a more rural area and have to drive an hour and a half to get to the dealer. It wasn't worth it to drive two hours or more to save a couple hundred dollars. I initially considered a 2010 CPO with 15000 miles with a price of $32,500. When I found out that for $2,500 more I could get a new one it was a no brainer to me. Hope this helps someone out.
  • hmsq5hmsq5 Member Posts: 5
    Hi there,
    Congrats on your new car and I'm sure you'll enjoy your RDX. I'm a bit curious, however, why you chose to not bargain with the dealer. I'm saying this because dealers can decrease their quoted price by several hundred dollars. The savings can be significant if you factor in sales tax and finance.
  • jjkayjjkay Member Posts: 1
    I'm curious. Did that price of $32,050 include the Protection Package which is the lug nuts and I believe floor mats. I shopped this car today in TX and that was an additional fee not included with the sticker price. I thought that odd that they would not include this in price.
  • karhill1karhill1 Member Posts: 165
    For anyone buying in the MD area. Criswell is a good dealer. However, my experience is Criswell does not offer the lowest initial quote. I have found up up to $800 to $1,000 can be saved by asking for quotes elsewhere. That being said, I have purchased vehicles from Criswell and I have found them quite reputable.
  • mngu116mngu116 Member Posts: 2
    Just got our vehicle for 22,875+ttl with 40k miles. This is a nice vehicle and looked new inside and out. Rides great. Its really for my fiance and she loves it!
  • Hugo_StiglitzHugo_Stiglitz Member Posts: 167
    Stopped into Morande Acura today and was quoted a price of 34K with the 0.9 financing and "several hundred less" if you don't take the financing. That's before whatever nonsense fees, TTL reg. Really was shopping for a used one but... looks like people are getting around 33.5K if I am reading the posts correctly.
  • kpsreenathkpsreenath Member Posts: 1
    I am planning to buy a 2008 RDX for 25K + taxes (26k miles) with tech package. I was wondering the resale value of the car in the next 3years. Would like to hear some comparison on the resale value with respect to Infinity FX35 and BMW X3. Any inputs highly appreciated.
  • hmsq5hmsq5 Member Posts: 5
    I traded in my 2008 Audi a4 and bought the '11 RDX FWD. We also bought a 2.0 Q5. I'm constantly amazed at the acceleration and handling of the RDX. The RDX is a bit noisy as was the A4. But I think it easily out accelerates and even handles a bit better than my '08 A4! Is this really a SUV? I know people complain of the ride but I really enjoy the way it drives and the noise and ride really isn't that bad. The exterior is a bit controversial but better than the X3, forester IMO. But it does look a bit like the RAV4 and Rogue.
  • pitbull1980pitbull1980 Member Posts: 8
    Hello all, Looking to purchase 2011 RDX AWD with Tech in CT. Willing to go to tri-state dealer for best price. Anyone recently purchased willing to share best deal would be greatly appreciated.
    edited March 2011
    I was at Morande in CT last week and they quoted a price of 33,500 on an MSRP of 38570 AWD w/tech, no financing. I don't think he was playing games with me but you never know until the buyer's order is signed.

Doc
    What was the sticker MSRP? Please break down the 36K to what you paid.
  • nhlamnhlam Member Posts: 1
    The price are included VA tax,dealer proccesing fee,DMV fee and sticker price was $38,900
  • ccjw511ccjw511 Member Posts: 23
    What's your out to door price after taxes and fees? And what's the tax rate in your area? I am looking for same configuration as well. Thank you.
  • ccjw511ccjw511 Member Posts: 23
    Wow that's a great deal. Is the VA tax 5%? So the dealer quoted 34,200 before tax and all fees? I am looking for FWD with tech and wonder what's a reasonable price.
  • canngacannga Member Posts: 20
    edited March 2011
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>
    I just bought a FWD With TECH Package from Wier Canyon Acura in Orange County, CA for $32,050. That price does not include tax or license, but it did include All dealer fees, destination charges, ect...
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi I am in Southern Cal, looking for FWD RDX w/ tech package also. If possible would you please email me (cannga@gmail.com) the name of your sales person? TIA.

Anyone else in Southern Cal. w/ a recent great deal on same car please? Thanks.
  • drr98drr98 Member Posts: 80
    With Roof Rack Installed ($667MSRP)

$30,500 - sales price

$33705.31 - w/tax, reg, lic, transfer, titling, Ca tire, doc prep & dmv e filing fees...

Worked with the two Internet guys at Niello Acura in Sacramento. Both of these men made it all so easy. Emailed what I wanted. Got a quote back. A few back and forths, a test drive and only 1 hour of office time.

Found setting the c/c and varying gears (3,4,5,4,3...) using s mode is a great way to allow you to varying rpm (for proper break-in) while keeping the same speed while crusing the hiway.

We are very happy with the RDX and the great price we got.

But for as long as I've been following along here I never saw any RDX complaints aside from the firm ride.

Well I have two items that I want to complain about.

1 - The hand brake has gone missing. What is that thing hitting my left foot when I'm streching my toes? (Kind of a big thing to me, no one else bothered by this?)

2 - Hood prop vs gas struts. (kind of minor)
  • manbeingmanbeing Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2011
    I have a quote in west suburban of Philadelphia. 2011 RDX AWD w/o Tech Pkg. $32,000 before tax and registration. Is it a good price?
    Here in N. Cali, offer $31, but don't pay more than $31.5.

Is your part of the country any different?
    I don't understand your question.
    edited April 2011
    Cost of living and such (West Coast) is always kind of high here. But our economy is currently slow. It's kind of a buyers market here...

Any different there?

If so, this may change the best price you can get, - up or down.

The real point of my post was telling you what a great price for a AWD Base is.

And what to not pay more than. Did you see that part?
  • mbizmbiz Member Posts: 4
    I just test drove the RDX awd w/o tech pkg and fell in love. I am not sure if i can get it @ $$34,022.5 with includes tax out the door and the registration will be extra of course. I live in LA area and I saw the car in Van Nuys california.

Please help I dont' know if that's a fair price?
    is the basic can you get in 2 wheel drive.
    Did you see post #1120 where I answered the same question?

Here in N. Cali, offer $31, but don't pay more than $31.5.

That price is before taxes, which vary by reigon, but includes dest.

Subtract all your taxes and reg fees and what is your total?

As for your next post...
    The RDX FWD Base (no tech pkg) is the least expensive model.
    what's your sales price before tax,doc fee, etc.?
    I got $30,050.00 before tax/registration/deliv. fee. I hope that is a good rate. I am planning to buy it.

no extras.
  • benzserviceguybenzserviceguy Member Posts: 96
    Just drove back in the NEW '11 RDX with TECH
    Palladium Metallic with Ebony interior
    Our lease deal:

MSRP $36.580.00

Invoice: $34,397

Cap Cost $33,800.00 ($597.00 BELOW INVOICE)

Adjusted Cap Cost $34,395 (Includes $595.00 Acquisiton fee)

12K/yr
    56% Residual
    .00116 MF
    ZERO DOWN
    Total Driveoff: $512.14 (DMV Fees and Documentation Fee)

MONTHLY PAYMENT = $450.06 PLUS CALI 9.75% taxes ($43.88) = $493.94 ALL IN

Got the deal done at Acura 101 West (aka Calabasas Acura) Calabasas California

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!
    (The price took a little while to "grind" out!!) :)
  • jabberwockjabberwock Member Posts: 2
    I am interested in a 2011 RDX FWD and have been browsing trying to understand what people have paid. These things depend so much on time of year, area of the country and so on, so I decided to ask:

What is a good price on the above, both w/o tech package, and with tech package, in Texas? I am not interested in AWD or other options. If you have any numbers, please post price before taxes (taxes, title, registration, doc fee, etc). I think I can only afford the FWD w/o tech, but if the price is very good, I might swing for tech package too.

Also, if anyone has experience with dealers in the DFW area, please share.
    We bought our FWD Base RDX in April in N Ca.

With Roof Rack Installed ($667MSRP)

$30,500 - sales price

$33705.31 - w/tax, reg, lic, transfer, titling, Ca tire, doc prep & dmv e filing fees...In other words - otd.

See my original post # 1120
  • jabberwockjabberwock Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the response. That seems like a good price. I had decided to go with a different car instead. But if I can get that price, I might be interested once more.

Recently, I tried getting quotes using consumer reports' car buying service, and the best quote I received here in Texas was about 32500 for FWD base, before taxes and fees. That is supposed to be some kind of no-haggle price. Wonder if it's worth negotiating that down.
    Email your offer of $30000 to the internet sales persons at all your nearby dealers. The worst that can happen is none say yes, and an email is so easy.
  • oceogleoceogle Member Posts: 3
    Hi there,

I am considering purchasing an 08 Acura RDX, loaded. I'm trying to research any common problems out there as I notice that there are a questionable high number of 08 RDX out there, literally 700+ currently for sale on cars.com. I have never seen some many of one year and model. I don't seem to find anything that stands out as a concern? It seems that everyone who's had it loves their Acura but I don't understand why so many resold? Was that a bad year for them? This one has 35-38k miles and clean carfax. What is the bottomline price I can consider cash...out the door of course, SW Houston area. Considering purchase within by this weekend.

This is the first time to consider a used purchase and I'm hesitant as this plethera seems to be a red flag.
  • keptnamekeptname Member Posts: 51
    This is helpful to me thanks! I am torn between getting an audi a4 and the rdx. I know, two very different vehicles, but those are the choices I've gotten myself to.
  • oceogleoceogle Member Posts: 3
    We are still searching and will probably pass on the '08 acura RDX. It was a suprisingly bumpy ride. It's front end suspension is "athletic" but was very bumpy for those not in the driver seat. We are leaning towards the lincoln MKX instead. Were you considering used Acura? If so, what year?
  • gores95gores95 Member Posts: 2
    I bought mine two weeks ago in Central NJ and love it. Moroccan Red with black leather, 25,800 miles, certified for $25,500. The only thing I added afterward was the factory roof rack.
  • lc83lc83 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2011
    Thanks for every contributor in this forum. Your suggestions help me greatly.

I sent my $30K (2011 RDX FWD base before tax + license) offer to nearby dealers. Got auto responses from dealers w/ Internet pricing (= truecar or carsdirect no hassle pricing). Crazily busy with limited time, therefore I do not want to waste time in dealers' places. A below invoice price ($31.4K before tax + license) is confirmed to be doable. Most dealers want you to go to their office to negotiate - a trap that I would like to avoid.

What's the reasonably lowest price that I can target? Any suggestions how to effectively negotiate via emails or calls to derive to my desired price point before heading to the dealer for paper work? Many thanks for your kind help in advance
  • keptnamekeptname Member Posts: 51
    edited August 2011
    Just purchased an brand new 2011 RDX, solid metal metallic. FWD with tech package.
    Also has splash guards and all weather mats. 3 months of XM radio.

$35727.

I love my new car. It drives really well, it has pick up with the turbo engine, even though its a 4-cyl.

Purchased in MO. Got the 1.9% financing.
    My actual emails...

(#1)
    Hello Doug,

I received your online inquiry about a 2011 Acura RDX and would love to help.
    Please let me know how I can offer assistance or if there is a more convenient way to reach you.

(my reply)
    Subject: RE: Please let me know how I can offer assistance...

Looking for an internet price quote for your RDX FWD Base, Stock # - 15491A

Thanks,

Doug

Doug,

Thank you for the follow up. Here is the quote you requested:

Stock # 15491A 2011 Acura RDX 2wd White / Ebony

$33,480.00 MSRP

$31,000.00 Internet Sale Price

This price does not include tax, license or any accessories you may choose. In addition to the pricing we have .9% financing available up to 60 months. This is on approved credit with AFS. This price is good through March 31st 2011. Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

Marc,
    Thank you very much for the quote. I know that $31,000 is a very good price, but unfortunately more than we are willing to spend. I was hoping for a really great deal around $29,900. If you could meet that price we would buy before the end of the month.

Thanks,

Doug

Doug,

Thank you for the offer. I went to the new car sales manager and presented him your offer. He said that at $30,400 we would have a deal on that RDX. In addition to the price I have a parts and service coupon book worth over $1,000 in parts and service discounts that you can use while you own the RDX. Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

Marc,

Thank you for going the extra distance to get us this great price. Am I correct to assume it includes the $860 destination fees. If so, we will accept this offer if you will include the roof rack, cross bars and installation.

Thanks,

Doug

Doug,

The cost of the Roof Rack installed is $667.00. Which would make your offer $29,800 plus the rack. Which I cant do. I spoke to the sales manager about this, he said that if you purchased the RDX tonight that we would split the difference with you. The price of the RDX with the Roof Rack installed will be $30,733.00 plus tax and license.

Marc

Marc,

Please help me finish this deal off easy. After sleeping on it I'd like to increase my offer to $30,500 including the rack & inst. I'm headed to the bike trail for a while and I will check with you when I get back.

Thanks,

Doug

Doug,

We will do that. When would you like to take delivery of the RDX?

Marc

Just that easy. Email all the nearby dealers via Edmunds or Truecar.com and ask for an internet price quote.

As you can see we paid $30.5 for an '11 fwd base with the factory roof rack inst incl.

Also consider going to other dealers in maybe a 100 mi radius if no one in your town will give you $30,000.

Monday I helped my daughter buy a new '11 CR-V SE FWD. Local dealers stuck to their guns at $22550 for 3 weeks and would not budge. We looked at Truecar and found a dealer 104 mi away who listed his price as $21,300, which is the price we set out to get it for from day one.

I again spoke to both local dealers and neither would match that $21.3 price. Further, one of them bad mouthed the deal saying it was bogus, bait and switch, etc.

The out of town dealer, Manly could not have treated us better, even put the car on the rack for me to view the undersidewhile my daughter did the paper work.

Good luck, stick to $30,000 and don't give up.
  • cyn_ecyn_e Member Posts: 1
    Dealers doing what they typically do have offered what i think is a high quote and i just wanted to check if anyone had an opinion:
    Norther Nv Area, looking at a 2011Palladium RDX SH AWD, no tech package
    retail value = 36,071
    discount =1271
    selling price = 34800
    tax & doc fee = 3065
    total cost = 37865
    not a good negotiator because i have never bought out of want, only need... but can i get this down more, and then what are the extras that they are going to try and sell to me after the fact. Is the costco program good for the likes of me with no negotiating skills? Thanks in advance for the replies
  • lc83lc83 Member Posts: 2
    Happy Summer Marc,
    WOW. Many thanks for your wonderful help. You got a super good deal and truly a master negotiator. Sorry about my belated reply due to a hiking trip.

Due to the earthquake in Japan, 2011 RDX is actually in short supply. It seems that no incentive is given to the dealer and financing is shortened to 0.9% for 36 months (rather than 60 months). I will follow your way and report back what pricing i can get away.

Cheers,
    Linda
    Thanks Linda, I've learned what I can, some from this site and others.

At least I think you are refering to me, Doug. Sorry for the confusion. Ha, as for hiking...how nice, have not yet been out this year, but hope to this week. We have camped once though.

As far as supply problems, it seems true. We went to the Honda dealer in Folsom and they either hid them well, (saw some inside the shop) or are truly having trouble getting them. They said they only had 23 cars. But Manly, the dealer in Santa Rosa - a much smaller town than ours, had 63 cars.

I'm even more glad we got the .9%/60mo when we did after hearing it was dropped.

Good luck with your purchase. Don't forget to look around if you can't get the right deal nearby. Our deal last week on the CR-V proves the importance of a wide net.

Email until you get the right offer, nothing in person until you are ready to finalize the deal.

And very last, always say no to the 3 gouging questions from the finance guy. No protection package. No extended warranty. No gap insurance.

Just say no.
  • paramhparamh Member Posts: 3
    I have a quote for Acura RDX 2012 SH AWD with tech package for 36908 destination included, tax and registration not included. Is this a good price? Thanks.
    Are the 2012 out already?
    Yes there are several off them in the dealers lot. Only one was 2011.
  • marklreyesmarklreyes Member Posts: 2
    My wife just bought her 2011 RDX tech package for 37,500 OTD.
    Was that FWD or AWD.
  • marklreyesmarklreyes Member Posts: 2
    FWD
  • bayarea11bayarea11 Member Posts: 1
    I just got a quote from my local bay area dealer on a 2012 FWD w/ Tech for $34,300 includes destination charges. Is this a good deal or should I push them a little more?
  • 96lxi130k96lxi130k Member Posts: 7
    Three options for a 2009 RDX within a mile of work...

2009 Base 36k miles $25k (Certified)
    2009 Tech 24k miles $28k (Certified)
    2009 Base 39k miles $25k

I've looked at everything (CX-7, CR-V, RAV4, Mariner/Escape) just a notch below but the RDX ran well in the driving rain the other day. I really liked the way it handled (it's going to be doing a lot of trips about 50 miles back and forth on the highways and pretty much be the daily driver in the winter time...I'm in the Mid-Atlantic region.) I'm trying to come up with a reasonable offer for the 09 tech. If anyone has any suggestions on what they paid and/or what they're selling for on average (I have Edmunds and CR pricing of course as far as value goes.) There may be a 2nd car in the mix as well (new TL) so hoping they can move a little more if that happens.

Thanks...!
  • dmarie2112dmarie2112 Member Posts: 1
    I purchased my RDX Tech pkg @ the end of 2006. While I love the car I am not happy with the service. This dealer refused to honor my lifetime oil change even with paperwork in hand. also my "free oil changes" were always around $200-$500 each time.
    My concern for everyone is if you have the Tech pkg then you may want to consider an extended warranty something I would never suggest & have never done. My audio system went out two weeks ago, the dealer charged $100 to diagnose. Said it would cost $1,700 to replace, but admitted after market may be cheaper. Suggested Best Buy. We went to a local Radio shop, the tech said only Acura should replace the audio system in my RDX because of the pkg & requirements. If they replaced, it would kill too many things. He just wanted to be honest, he's worked on our cars for years for other things.
    Evidently Acura runs AC, power seats, heated seats, navi, other items thru the audio system. Didn't catch it all as my head was beginning to spin, and it was a bit too technical for me. I got the gist. It's almost like the brains yet not quite. He actually pulled the system out & showed where things plugged in. Basically you'd lose many capabilities you paid extra for & I'm not risking my A/C living in the south. I was ready to leave as is, and told my husband that I wasn't giving Acura $1,700 for something that shouldn't have failed so early.
    What upset me so much is I felt Acura knew this yet let me leave knowing I'd be back ready to pay $1,700. Thank goodness this tech knew his business and had good customer service, he took apart my radio; found what was wrong & corrected for $35. He made no promises but said if it failed again he'd do what he could.
    This bothers me to say but I don't trust Acura any longer and I bought the car because of the name and quality. The car isn't that old, & I've never played the system that loud; one day it worked then the next it doesn't.
    Just know the Tech Package Audio System controls many things. You can't just buy after market stereo.